The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 01-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #201
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

It’s starting to look like the guys who don’t have a reputation for sketchy behavior is a much shorter list.

Super ironic that Ansari paints himself as the feminist anti-douche but did this.

DeadPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #202
Blackman
C'mon Son

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Joe Budden said on his podcast last month that Aziz Ansari was the next guy on the list to be outed in the sexual harassment scandal.

Seems like Budden must of caught wind of this story or Aziz has a reputation in certain circles.
Same place where I got my Budden and VICE info

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #203
samsnee
Side-Kick

Sorry but the Aziz accusation sounds like an unfortunate date versus him having a position of power over her or even a date rape.

I’m not discounting how she feels but fact is she accepted his invitation to come up to his apartment. She then let him perform oral sex on her. She doesn’t say he forced himself on her to do it. It was only after when he wanted reciprocated that she felt uncomfortable. Even the next day, he apologized and misread the situation. He didn’t say “oh you wanted it” and deny it. She gave non-verbal clues that he interpreted as wanting to go further.

I mean, after she told him no, she didn’t just leave. She wanted to just stay and watch tv.

Last edited by samsnee; 01-14-2018 at 11:44 AM.
samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #204
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Sorry but the Aziz accusation sounds like an unfortunate date versus him having a position of power over her or even a date rape.

I’m not discounting how she feels but fact is she accepted his invitation to come up to his apartment. She then let him perform oral sex on her. She doesn’t say he forced himself on her to do it. It was only after when he wanted reciprocated that she felt uncomfortable. Even the next day, he apologized and misread the situation. He didn’t say “oh you wanted it” and deny it. She gave non-verbal clues that he interpreted as wanting to go further.

I mean, after she told him no, she didn’t just leave. She wanted to just stay and watch tv.
You must be joking?

Old 01-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #205
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
It’s starting to look like the guys who don’t have a reputation for sketchy behavior is a much shorter list.

Super ironic that Ansari paints himself as the feminist anti-douche but did this.
It's why it's called rape culture. This kind of crap is ingrained in how this culture raises men. Even men who think they are the good guys have been taught these behaviors are normal and okay. That's why this moment is so important right now and why toxic masculinity is bad for men as well as women.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #206
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:

Nothing ironic about it at this point. A fairly large number of "feminist" men have been busted as being pervs.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #207
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
You must be joking?
No I’m not. There are victims of sexual abuse who are truly powerless in their situation. By her own account, Aziz did not force her into any situation she couldn’t have walked out of. He didn’t lock the door, didn’t threaten her, didn’t threaten retaliation. After he performed oral sex on her, she still stayed.

It’s unfortunate what happened but he doesn’t come off as some sort of sexual predator based on her account.

Her story makes me angry because it’s nowhere near what the victims in this movement have gone through.

Last edited by samsnee; 01-14-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #208
Lighthouse

Quote:
No I’m not. There are victims of sexual abuse who are truly powerless in their situation. By her own account, Aziz did not force her into any situation she couldn’t have walked out of. He didn’t lock the door, didn’t threaten her, didn’t threaten retaliation.

It’s unfortunate what happened but he doesn’t come off as some sort of sexual predator based on her account.
He might not be a predator. It's still wrong.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #209
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
well if he creep'd her out the first time she shouldn't have came back for seconds...

this is that grey area where men will always lose.
Not always. But now? Far more likely then it use to be. That is for sure.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #210
DarthSkywalker

Seal. Glass houses and all.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #211
samsnee
Side-Kick

But at what point does she need to take some responsibility? No, I’m not victim blaming but she chose to go up to his apartment. She chose to stay even after he ignored her request to stop? Yes, he was wrong, but this is not a black and white situation.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #212
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
But at what point does she need to take some responsibility? No, I’m not victim blaming but she chose to go up to his apartment. She chose to stay even after he ignored her request to stop? Yes, he was wrong, but this is not a black and white situation.
I haven't read the article, so keep that in mind. But if she told him to stop, that is all on him.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:14 PM   #213
samsnee
Side-Kick

You should read the article first then.

https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355

Old 01-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #214
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
You should read the article first then.

https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355
I will, eventually. But you wrote that she said stop. Did you not mean to write that?

Old 01-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #215
The Bruce
The First and Best

I wonder how kevin spacey is doing? I hope he’s ok?

I mean it’s not like he’s jeffrey dahmer or even hit and run Jenner. He’s just a super amazing actor who’s done some dirt and have ended up a casualty of our lastest social media justice trend.

#letssaveusall - there now I’ve done my bit to save The world and can go back to being average joe selfish.

Last edited by The Bruce; 01-14-2018 at 02:29 PM.
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #216
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:

There are plenty of white knight hypocrite 'nice guys' who are actually not very self aware creeps. People are complicated.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #217
samsnee
Side-Kick

She did. And he did. She also let him perform oral sex on her. Not forced. Only until he wanted it reciprocated did she feel uncomfortable. After she felt uncomfortable, she didn’t just leave. She said she wanted to stay and watch tv.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #218
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
She did. And he did. She also let him perform oral sex on her. Not forced. Only until he wanted it reciprocated did she feel uncomfortable. After she felt uncomfortable, she didn’t just leave. She said she wanted to stay and watch tv.
Again have not read. But why does it matter when she feels uncomfortable? Why does she have to leave, if she wants to watch television with him? Why can't he take what she said, and leave it at that?

Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #219
Lighthouse

Quote:
To which I say "So what?"

Lots of women who are in worst situations, like are raped, do the same thing. They try to normalize it to themselves afterwards. Try to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal. It's part of trying to bury what happened. The fact that she stayed afterwards in no way makes her suddenly more responsible for what happened. It in no way changes what he did was wrong.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #220
Lighthouse

This is why acknowledgement is so important to sexual assault victims, much moreso than punishment. This is what Megan Ganz was talking about when she forgave Dan Harmon. He acknowledged what happened and that it was wrong. Here's what Ganz wrote.

"Yes, I only listened because I expected an apology. But what I didn't expect was the relief I’d feel just hearing him say these things actually happened. I didn’t dream it. I’m not crazy. Ironic that the only person who could give me that comfort is the one person I’d never ask."

Old 01-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #221
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
When he first started being sexual she verbalized her discomfort, and he continued. When he started doing things she didn't like she moved his hands away and tried to move away from him and he continued.

A quote from the woman in question from a VanityFair article:
Quote:
“It was 30 minutes of me getting up and moving and him following and sticking his fingers down my throat again”
You don't need to be a psychoanalyst to assume when you're doing something to someone physically and they keep moving away from you that they're not into it? From what I gather of a lot of responses to this specific story is a lot of women seem to only really feel the gravity and consequences of the experience after it has happened, and they perhaps don't react logically or rationally in the situation. Saying asinine things like "Well she stayed, so it means she didn't experience it as being that bad, right" is pretty ridiculous in all honesty.

This isn't Ben Affleck fondling a woman like some stupid oaf or squeezing a girl's butt while drunk in a club (which would both be harassment and condemnable anyways), Ansari repeatedly got verbal and non-verbal messages that she would rather he stopped, but he decided those requests weren't worth him changing tack over - that's pretty indicting. She clearly did not consent to exactly what he was doing and tried to communicate it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
There are plenty of white knight hypocrite 'nice guys' who are actually not very self aware creeps. People are complicated.
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
Nothing ironic about it at this point. A fairly large number of "feminist" men have been busted as being pervs.
I was mostly being facetious, but yeah it does seem to be an alarming trend.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #222
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Again have not read. But why does it matter when she feels uncomfortable? Why does she have to leave, if she wants to watch television with him? Why can't he take what she said, and leave it at that?
Again, why is she the one staying then? When does personal responsibility kick in? I’m with a guy who is clearly hard up to get laid, but I’m going to stick around and hope he just wants to watch tv?

Aziz is wrong but she didn’t help the situation.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:35 PM   #223
Lighthouse

Quote:
Again, why is she the one staying then? When does personal responsibility kick in? I’m with a guy who is clearly hard up to get laid, but I’m going to stick around and hope he just wants to watch tv?

Now you are victim blaming.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #224
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:

Her personal responsibility is communicating her intentions and perception of the situation verbally - she did that, on numerous occasions. She fulfilled her responsibility completely. Ansari's responsibility was listening to her and considering that another human being was having a horrific experience of his actions and that if he wasn't an absolute sociopath would stop doing it.

Holy ****, you make Ansari sound like some ****ing brain dead Neanderthal that literally can not stop himself. Being sexually aroused doesn't turn a man into a vegetable, and it sure as **** shouldn't completely disable their moral or ethical guidelines.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:40 PM   #225
DarthSkywalker

Quote:

When does his responsibility kick in?

I am confused. You said you aren't victim blaming, but you seem to want her to react the way you have decided a victim should act and if she doesn't, she must take some sort of responsibility for the situation. You want to know what she could do to stop someone from sexually assaulting her or what she should do after the incident that you consider correct behavior? As if the very situation itself wouldn't be very difficult to deal with or rationalize in the moment. We already know how hard it is to tell someone to stop in the moment. How is that not "enough"?