4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #51
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Default Re: Episode 3.12 "For Good" (SPOILERS)

When is the last time we've actually had A Luthor in a battle suit anyway? In live-action, I'm unsure. Maybe the Justice League cartoon?

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:52 PM   #52
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

This was such a random time to bring out the Lexo Suit. I enjoyed it but that is something I'd expect for like a finale or something and for it to do actual damage.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #53
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Well, I got my awkward Lena/Mon-El moment, so I am satisfied, lol.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #54
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Okay what?!

I like this show, but...

Confessions under duress are not admissible in court. And that is hardly cunning.

What is Supergirl doing just standing there while a security guard is shot to death?

Even I knew that was a krypto-blade and Supes shouldn't have just run at it, though that was a cool suit.

And is the only thing Mon-El can do now is fly?

What saves this scene though, is McGrath in that dress. O.M.G!!!!

Last edited by Thome216; 01-29-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:13 PM   #55
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

General thoughts:

Well, I wasn't wrong. This was filler. But it was more enjoyable filler than expected.

-I had no idea Lillian was coming back so that was a nice surprise. Her relationship with Lena gets a little more interesting every time.

-The plotting was dumb (Lena's "cunning" plan was to force a confession essentially at gunpoint? Ok...), but they made up for it with character moments. As I mentioned, I loved both the Lena/Lillian scenes, and that scene where Lena confessed to Kara about trying to kill Edge was, for me, probably the best scene the two of them have had together. The Alex/Sam bonding was good too, and it was nice to see everyone communicating.

-Kara using her powers as Kara at the gala and trying to be discreet about it was fun to watch.

-As was seeing Lillian pull out the Lexo suit.

The low points:

-Mon-El, MUST you tell Kara every episode how you know this must be hard for her? We get it, we all get it. Enough already. His inclusion in the 3rd act here felt more shoe-horned than usual.

-Lena/James is still a non-starter. There's just nothing there. Let it go.

-Kara, when someone pulls out a Kryptonite blade, flying at them is the exact last move you should consider making.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:36 PM   #56
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Good filler with the Lexo-Suit and the team-up of Supergirl/ Mon-El/ Guardian Vs Lena Luthor and Morgan Edge.

They had to advance Sam's storyline with Kara and Lena now in the mix. I think there will be some friction between them and the guys over what to do with Sam/ Reign.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:29 AM   #57
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

There were a few lapses in logic but I thought it was a fun ep, kinda reminded me of a STAS ep and it did provide another nice piece of development for Lena.

Lena looked stunning in that LBD but it wasn't ideal pursuit attire lol, and I wasn't expecting Momma Luthor to bust out the Lexosuit, that was pretty badass. I'm a bit surprised they didn't save it for a bigger storyline.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:17 AM   #58
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Best thing about the episode: the Luthors Can't Run theme remains intact.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:29 AM   #59
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm still not buying that Lena hasn't figured out that Kara is Supergirl. Enough of that already show.

Cat Grant figured it out on her own, and she also figured out that James was Guardian just by seeing his eyes through his helmet slit. And Maggie figured it out on her own as well.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:55 AM   #60
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Even as a seasoned comic book fan, this show is really struggling with Kara's secret identity. "Kara, I saw Mon-El he's a live with Supegirl....."

Old 01-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #61
SSAV
Side-Kick

Really liked Lillian Luthor. I hope she comes back. Mother with weird choice of affections, but whatever.

I agree that Adrian Pasdar is a much better actor than Lord. I wish he was given much better material and that he was a Supergirl villain rather than a Lena Luthor villain.

Also... for some reason, I also liked all the ladies hanging out and being supportive of each other. It felt nice.

Why did Kara dream of Purity? I really really hope Kara is not a world killer or was not experimented on.

I am not sure why Lena's cunning master mind plan was to obtain a confession under duress. What was the point?

I'd have been more impressed if either Lillian (or someone else) was trying to get Lena to join her team by attacking both or if someone else was doing it for a power grab or something. As it was, how Lillian got her bullets in while the poisoner was someone else was confusing to me. She knew someone was going to poison her daughter, so she waited until the poisoning and then killed the guy after? What is the point?

Next week looks promising. However, I think that we will get a Sam reveal only when it comes back from hiatus. Otherwise, why have a Winn episode right after?

I think this Edge goes after Lena--SG supports Lena and goes after Edge--wouldn't become so tiresome if they also showed SG saving other people and Edge and other villains doing other nefarious things to people. It is this focusing on Lena and making it out into a glorified corporate warfare with SG as a bit character that is making it tend towards boring.

And.. they can do so many things to integrate Lena into Supergirl's story. (though they did seem to have moved forward on that front this episode, finally). Have her do something to aliens. Have her create new technology that might be tangentially beneficial to SG or harmful to aliens. Have her just do something that directly impacts the story or Kara's story. Right now, Lena seems to live in her own world where Supergirl plays a cameo or a supporting character. Have her mean something instead of just another character.

I feel they did a better job with Lena in the first half of last season than in the current season.

And... they are not playing up the comedy potential either with hiding thing.

SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #62
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

So… when Edge confessed to trying to kill Lena and mentioned something about lead poisoning, he wasn’t referring to the spiked coffee - which Alex confirmed was cyanide; it was to do with events from a prior episode, yes? At first, I thought the lead/cyanide discrepancy would be the Big Clue to Edge’s innocence. Yet he was taken away in handcuffs and everyone seemed satisfied. I guess I misread the scene and the specific crime (among many) Edge was confessing to.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #63
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Gotta admit, my reaction to the Lex suit was the same as Winn's. Also love the bit about Alex being a doctor in Seattle.

Decent episode. Though they really need to stop making McGrath American, as she starts to eat her accent the more lines they give her.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #64
Ink Slinger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAV View Post
Really liked Lillian Luthor. I hope she comes back. Mother with weird choice of affections, but whatever.

I agree that Adrian Pasdar is a much better actor than Lord. I wish he was given much better material and that he was a Supergirl villain rather than a Lena Luthor villain.

Also... for some reason, I also liked all the ladies hanging out and being supportive of each other. It felt nice.

Why did Kara dream of Purity? I really really hope Kara is not a world killer or was not experimented on.

I am not sure why Lena's cunning master mind plan was to obtain a confession under duress. What was the point?

I'd have been more impressed if either Lillian (or someone else) was trying to get Lena to join her team by attacking both or if someone else was doing it for a power grab or something. As it was, how Lillian got her bullets in while the poisoner was someone else was confusing to me. She knew someone was going to poison her daughter, so she waited until the poisoning and then killed the guy after? What is the point?

Next week looks promising. However, I think that we will get a Sam reveal only when it comes back from hiatus. Otherwise, why have a Winn episode right after?

I think this Edge goes after Lena--SG supports Lena and goes after Edge--wouldn't become so tiresome if they also showed SG saving other people and Edge and other villains doing other nefarious things to people. It is this focusing on Lena and making it out into a glorified corporate warfare with SG as a bit character that is making it tend towards boring.

And.. they can do so many things to integrate Lena into Supergirl's story. (though they did seem to have moved forward on that front this episode, finally). Have her do something to aliens. Have her create new technology that might be tangentially beneficial to SG or harmful to aliens. Have her just do something that directly impacts the story or Kara's story. Right now, Lena seems to live in her own world where Supergirl plays a cameo or a supporting character. Have her mean something instead of just another character.

I feel they did a better job with Lena in the first half of last season than in the current season.

And... they are not playing up the comedy potential either with hiding thing.
You know, I agree with just about everything you have said here. Especially about integrating Lena into Kara's story. I think I'm very old school when it comes to storytelling, and it's important to me that the hero on his/her journey is the center of the universe, while all other characters spin around this central figure. It doesn't have to be about how much Kara is on screen in every episode, but how much do these characters, who are a part of Kara's life, affect her journey.

I really hope the upcoming Winn story, which, I really need, as I think his character isn't being well at all, incorporates Kara into his story. Maybe even give us some real emotional moments between these two characters, especially as both Melissa and Jeremy are are so great at emotional scenes.

Overall, I liked this ep. It did further the Sam/Reign story. And I really liked that ending scene at Catco with the women.

Ink Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #65
Frodo
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=Hunter Rider;36279035]There were a few lapses in logic but I thought it was a fun ep, kinda reminded me of a STAS ep and it did provide another nice piece of development for Lena.

Lena looked stunning in that LBD but it wasn't ideal pursuit attire lol, and I wasn't expecting Momma Luthor to bust out the Lexosuit, that was pretty badass.

I enjoyed the episode too, and I thought Lena looked stunning throughout the episode.

Frodo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #66
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

It says a lot when you are kind of agreeing with Lillian Luthor. Lena needs to get back into the science game. I love her and Winn working on super science. Add in Brainy for even more fun.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #67
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Thoughts on ‘For Good’...

- Superman killed Zod! So that’s three live action universes where he’s done that.
- Really enjoyed seeing Kara fly as Kara that was very cool.
- So I guess this is the “let’s give Jimmy something to do” episode. But OK I’m fine with that, I’ve kinda missed Guardian (ducks and hides).
- Katie McGrath is seriously stunning. My jaw dropped when he wore that dress.
- Holy **** Lex’s Power Suit!!!
- Why is it even when Mon El tries to help he’s useless?
- I don’t think Edge’s tapes confession time would amount to much. Afterall it’s clear from what he says that he’s under threat from something. But anyway...
- The Sam blackout subplot didn’t really interest me but I guess that’s cause I know why she’s having them.

You know this was a filler but I enjoyed it. There was just so much stuff I geeked out over.

7/10

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #68
britmotley
Side-Kick

I wish they would drop the (needlessly shoehorned into the story) politically correct Liberal/feminist crap
It's a superhero show, not a social politics platform.

britmotley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #69
Captain Trevor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by britmotley View Post
I wish they would drop the (needlessly shoehorned into the story) politically correct Liberal/feminist crap
Thought I was the only one.

Captain Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #70
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Agreed and for me it’s been one of the shows consistent issues.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:03 PM   #71
britmotley
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Agreed and for me it’s been one of the shows consistent issues.
It wasn't even subtle
Corrupt billionaire, fake news, his lack of respect for the non white car parking valet
and the big one Kara to bodyguard "Never put your hands on a woman" FFS

As lovely as she is, and as much I like her as Supergirl I find Melissa Benoit's
moral high-ground political posturing laughable considering she cheated on her husband with the "hunky" co star and then ran off with him !!

Old 01-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #72
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Oh Brother....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #73
Ink Slinger
Side-Kick

Quote:
It wasn't even subtle
Corrupt billionaire, fake news, his lack of respect for the non white car parking valet
and the big one Kara to bodyguard "Never put your hands on a woman" FFS

As lovely as she is, and as much I like her as Supergirl I find Melissa Benoit's
moral high-ground political posturing laughable considering she cheated on her husband with the "hunky" co star and then ran off with him !!
Well, considering the constant stream of outed Men in powerful positions sexually harassing and abusing women, I'd say, Say it louder Kara.

I don't think she is posturing. I think she believes in her views and tbh, I've seen way more activism coming from other celebs.

I suppose Blake must have confided in you personally then?

Ink Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #74
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

On a side note, wasn't this the last episode produced under Kreisberg before his firing?

Old 01-30-2018, 06:25 PM   #75
britmotley
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Slinger View Post
Well, considering the constant stream of outed Men in powerful positions sexually harassing and abusing women, I'd say, Say it louder Kara.

I don't think she is posturing. I think she believes in her views and tbh, I've seen way more activism coming from other celebs.

I suppose Blake must have confided in you personally then?

Celebs are not perfect,they just pretend they are

Did Blake personally tell you she didn't ?