The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Great manager, horrible human being (based on his unwavering viewpoint on Hillsborough).

Old 01-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Hunter took that post well.

Messi scored 73 in Pep's last season. 60 the next. Averaged well over a goal a game. Hasn't got to 60 since, has gotten over a goal a match twice, but not 10+ goals over.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 01-30-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Hunter took that post well.

Messi scored 73 in Pep's last season. 60 the next. Averaged well over a goal a game. Hasn't got to 60 since, has gotten over a goal a match twice, but not 10+ goals over.

He was playing him as a false 9 in that last season, hence the extra goals, but there's a lot more in Messi's game than just goals, he's become a creative hub at Barca in the wake of Xavi and the decline of Iniesta.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:35 PM   #6
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

He was playing him as a false 9 in that last season, hence the extra goals, but there's a lot more in Messi's game than just goals, he's become a creative hub at Barca in the wake of Xavi and the decline of Iniesta.
Messi has definitely taken on a more creative role. But he was just as creative then. I don't know how accurate these numbers are but they have Messi's 3 biggest assist totals in a season at 23 and 21 twice. Two came in his last seasons with Pep. No Copa included sadly.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11...y/Lionel-Messi

Now I know assist are not everything. Being creative is just as much about the pass before the pass. But he was the most lethal offensive player in history at that time.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Messi has definitely taken on a more creative role. But he was just as creative then. I don't know how accurate these numbers are but they have Messi's 3 biggest assist totals in a season at 23 and 21 twice. Two came in his last seasons with Pep. No Copa included sadly.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11...y/Lionel-Messi

Now I know assist are not everything. Being creative is just as much about the pass before the pass. But he was the most lethal offensive player in history at that time.
The last part is what I was going to say, look at Zidane and Iniesta's assists, they were never reacking them up like Ozil and De Bruyne, but I'd argue both were more creatively imortant to their teams.

Lets just agree that Guardiola is an overrated, arrogant douchebag.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
The last part is what I was going to say, look at Zidane and Iniesta's assists, they were never reacking them up like Ozil and De Bruyne, but I'd argue both were more creatively imortant to their teams.

I can agree on both accounts.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #9
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

He is.

But a top team with a truckload of money to spend could do a lot worse and there are many other top managers who seem not to be able to quite deliver the goods even when they have cash to splash. I think there is skill involved even in spending a small fortune and in that situation one manager will assemble an unbeatable team while another will get you a bunch of top players that he can't gel into a great team.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #10
DarthSkywalker

If you have the money and want a certain type of football, he is the perfect option.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:16 PM   #11
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I can agree on both accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
He is.

But a top team with a truckload of money to spend could do a lot worse and there are many other top managers who seem not to be able to quite deliver the goods even when they have cash to splash. I think there is skill involved even in spending a small fortune and in that situation one manager will assemble an unbeatable team while another will get you a bunch of top players that he can't gel into a great team.
Sure, if you have a bottomless pit of money and want to play a high possession brand of football then he's the go to guy, and he's done well with Sane, Sterling and Gabriel Jesus progression.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #12
DarthSkywalker

The one thing I will never forgive Pep for. Its unleashing this ******* on the world.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

I was going to chime in with how Messi is now clearly outstripping Ronaldo as the best player of his generation, but...

Then I saw that Swansea is currently beating Arsenal 3-1 and realized there are more important matters at hand

Old 01-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #14
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

Sure, if you have a bottomless pit of money and want to play a high possession brand of football then he's the go to guy, and he's done well with Sane, Sterling and Gabriel Jesus progression.
With how much you dislike him what would you think of him at Utd if you had a fortune to spend? Would the style of footballl put you off or would you just be too annoyed to have him as your manager? I do think a lot of guys at the top might struggle managing a lower division team.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #15
DarthSkywalker

I completely forgot about the midweek fixtures.

So Arsenal.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
The one thing I will never forgive Pep for. Its unleashing this ******* on the world.

Ugh, what a piece of garbage that gfuy is, his teams in general do a lot of injury faking but Busquets took it to another level that night, great DM but awful personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Then I saw that Swansea is currently beating Arsenal 3-1 and realized there are more important matters at hand
I saw it was 2-1 but Swansea have netted a 3rd!, man Robbie is gonna make a mint tonight!

Old 01-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #17
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Aubameyang must be looking at this going "…****…what have I done…". Meanwhile Sanchez is looking at it going "…thank God I'm not there now…".

Old 01-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #18
Iceman
Infinity War!

Swansea turning things around! Bad news for us but good on them and congrats to Average Man.

Also Liverpool pulling out a result.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #19
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
I saw it was 2-1 but Swansea have netted a 3rd!, man Robbie is gonna make a mint tonight!
Robbie will have a Rolls for each day of the week soon, and will probably made a bid to buy Kroenke's share in the club soon

Old 01-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #20
DarthSkywalker

Arsenal TV is going to be class.

Arsenal will be 8 out of 4th, with Liverpool about to win, easily. Are they already out of the race? Ozil is going to be a United player at this rate as well.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #21
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
With how much you dislike him what would you think of him at Utd if you had a fortune to spend? Would the style of footballl put you off or would you just be too annoyed to have him as your manager? I do think a lot of guys at the top might struggle managing a lower division team.
Oh I'd have no issue with him as United manager, I don't like Mourinho and his BS either lol. I've said it before, bar Pochettino I find most of the managers at the top clubs insufferable.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #22
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Good Lord it's a bloodbath at the bottom of the table - 2 points splitting 14th to 19th place.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #23
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
I was going to chime in with how Messi is now clearly outstripping Ronaldo as the best player of his generation, but...

What is the longest that Messi has been out of form since he got really good? One of the most consistent greats out there surely.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #24
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Arsenal TV is going to be class.

Arsenal will be 8 out of 4th, with Liverpool about to win, easily. Are they already out of the race? Ozil is going to be a United player at this rate as well.
Ozil is busy sending Sanchez emergency texts, trying to get Mourinho's number out of him.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #25
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Robbie will have a Rolls for each day of the week soon, and will probably made a bid to buy Kroenke's share in the club soon
This is the master plan, Robbie is going to take over the club with the profits from AFTV and install Toopz and DT in the boardroom and make Claude the Tea Lady!