The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 15,330
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Great manager, horrible human being (based on his unwavering viewpoint on Hillsborough).

__________________
Don't be ashamed of the source material when making your adaption. EMBRACE it.
Brian Braddock is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83,728
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Hunter took that post well.

Messi scored 73 in Pep's last season. 60 the next. Averaged well over a goal a game. Hasn't got to 60 since, has gotten over a goal a match twice, but not 10+ goals over.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 01-30-2018 at 02:06 PM.
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 152,801
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Hunter took that post well.

Messi scored 73 in Pep's last season. 60 the next. Averaged well over a goal a game. Hasn't got to 60 since, has gotten over a goal a match twice, but not 10+ goals over.


He was playing him as a false 9 in that last season, hence the extra goals, but there's a lot more in Messi's game than just goals, he's become a creative hub at Barca in the wake of Xavi and the decline of Iniesta.

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:35 PM   #6
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83,728
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post


He was playing him as a false 9 in that last season, hence the extra goals, but there's a lot more in Messi's game than just goals, he's become a creative hub at Barca in the wake of Xavi and the decline of Iniesta.
Messi has definitely taken on a more creative role. But he was just as creative then. I don't know how accurate these numbers are but they have Messi's 3 biggest assist totals in a season at 23 and 21 twice. Two came in his last seasons with Pep. No Copa included sadly.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11...y/Lionel-Messi

Now I know assist are not everything. Being creative is just as much about the pass before the pass. But he was the most lethal offensive player in history at that time.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 152,801
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Messi has definitely taken on a more creative role. But he was just as creative then. I don't know how accurate these numbers are but they have Messi's 3 biggest assist totals in a season at 23 and 21 twice. Two came in his last seasons with Pep. No Copa included sadly.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11...y/Lionel-Messi

Now I know assist are not everything. Being creative is just as much about the pass before the pass. But he was the most lethal offensive player in history at that time.
The last part is what I was going to say, look at Zidane and Iniesta's assists, they were never reacking them up like Ozil and De Bruyne, but I'd argue both were more creatively imortant to their teams.

Lets just agree that Guardiola is an overrated, arrogant douchebag.

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83,728
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The last part is what I was going to say, look at Zidane and Iniesta's assists, they were never reacking them up like Ozil and De Bruyne, but I'd argue both were more creatively imortant to their teams.

Lets just agree that Guardiola is an overrated, arrogant douchebag.
I can agree on both accounts.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #9
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 115,367
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

Lets just agree that Guardiola is an overrated, arrogant douchebag.
He is.

But a top team with a truckload of money to spend could do a lot worse and there are many other top managers who seem not to be able to quite deliver the goods even when they have cash to splash. I think there is skill involved even in spending a small fortune and in that situation one manager will assemble an unbeatable team while another will get you a bunch of top players that he can't gel into a great team.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,092 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #10
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83,728
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

If you have the money and want a certain type of football, he is the perfect option.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:16 PM   #11
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 152,801
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I can agree on both accounts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
He is.

But a top team with a truckload of money to spend could do a lot worse and there are many other top managers who seem not to be able to quite deliver the goods even when they have cash to splash. I think there is skill involved even in spending a small fortune and in that situation one manager will assemble an unbeatable team while another will get you a bunch of top players that he can't gel into a great team.
Sure, if you have a bottomless pit of money and want to play a high possession brand of football then he's the go to guy, and he's done well with Sane, Sterling and Gabriel Jesus progression.

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #12
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83,728
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

The one thing I will never forgive Pep for. Its unleashing this ******* on the world.


__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,016
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

I was going to chime in with how Messi is now clearly outstripping Ronaldo as the best player of his generation, but...

Then I saw that Swansea is currently beating Arsenal 3-1 and realized there are more important matters at hand

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #14
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 115,367
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

Sure, if you have a bottomless pit of money and want to play a high possession brand of football then he's the go to guy, and he's done well with Sane, Sterling and Gabriel Jesus progression.
With how much you dislike him what would you think of him at Utd if you had a fortune to spend? Would the style of footballl put you off or would you just be too annoyed to have him as your manager? I do think a lot of guys at the top might struggle managing a lower division team.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,092 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #15
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83,728
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

I completely forgot about the midweek fixtures.

So Arsenal.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 152,801
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The one thing I will never forgive Pep for. Its unleashing this ******* on the world.

Ugh, what a piece of garbage that gfuy is, his teams in general do a lot of injury faking but Busquets took it to another level that night, great DM but awful personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Then I saw that Swansea is currently beating Arsenal 3-1 and realized there are more important matters at hand
I saw it was 2-1 but Swansea have netted a 3rd!, man Robbie is gonna make a mint tonight!

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #17
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,016
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Aubameyang must be looking at this going "…****…what have I done…". Meanwhile Sanchez is looking at it going "…thank God I'm not there now…".

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #18
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 115,367
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Swansea turning things around! Bad news for us but good on them and congrats to Average Man.

Also Liverpool pulling out a result.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,092 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #19
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,016
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I saw it was 2-1 but Swansea have netted a 3rd!, man Robbie is gonna make a mint tonight!
Robbie will have a Rolls for each day of the week soon, and will probably made a bid to buy Kroenke's share in the club soon

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #20
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 83,728
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Arsenal TV is going to be class.

Arsenal will be 8 out of 4th, with Liverpool about to win, easily. Are they already out of the race? Ozil is going to be a United player at this rate as well.

__________________
"I've been running scams on the street since I was ten. I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own. I'm going be a pilot. Best in the galaxy."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #21
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 152,801
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
With how much you dislike him what would you think of him at Utd if you had a fortune to spend? Would the style of footballl put you off or would you just be too annoyed to have him as your manager? I do think a lot of guys at the top might struggle managing a lower division team.
Oh I'd have no issue with him as United manager, I don't like Mourinho and his BS either lol. I've said it before, bar Pochettino I find most of the managers at the top clubs insufferable.

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #22
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,016
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Good Lord it's a bloodbath at the bottom of the table - 2 points splitting 14th to 19th place.

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #23
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 115,367
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
I was going to chime in with how Messi is now clearly outstripping Ronaldo as the best player of his generation, but...

Then I saw that Swansea is currently beating Arsenal 3-1 and realized there are more important matters at hand
What is the longest that Messi has been out of form since he got really good? One of the most consistent greats out there surely.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,092 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #24
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,016
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Arsenal TV is going to be class.

Arsenal will be 8 out of 4th, with Liverpool about to win, easily. Are they already out of the race? Ozil is going to be a United player at this rate as well.
Ozil is busy sending Sanchez emergency texts, trying to get Mourinho's number out of him.

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #25
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 152,801
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Robbie will have a Rolls for each day of the week soon, and will probably made a bid to buy Kroenke's share in the club soon
This is the master plan, Robbie is going to take over the club with the profits from AFTV and install Toopz and DT in the boardroom and make Claude the Tea Lady!

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.