The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who wins the Super Bowl?
Damned if they do 4 36.36%
Damned if they don’t 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #76
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: Finale - Part 1

Awesome SB, Go Eagles !!!!!

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #77
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Good job eagles you saved NFL for me was done watching NFL if Pats had one. Overrated Brady should only have 1 year left.
I am sorry, but your bitterness is showing. If the NFL were so hardcore in the Pats pocket, then why did the 2 biggest calls of the game go to the Eagles?

Seriously, people need to stop with this crap.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:16 AM   #78
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

As for the game itself, great game. Eagles earned it. Brady is my favorite player, but I cannot get too broken up about the loss. I mean, I have seen him win 5 already, LOL!

Old 02-05-2018, 08:16 AM   #79
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Great game! I was cool with either team winning, so I was just hoping for an exciting game and got it.

i do think it's funny that even without playing in the game, Eli Manning wins the night anyway.

Nobody puts Beckham in a corner!

Loser of the night... Justin Timberlake. That was a very boring halftime show. I appreciate that he didn't make it political or anything, but I was very underwhelmed. I'm not a huge JT fan anyway, but even the few songs that he sang that I typically like just didn't do it for me.

JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #80
Boom
I got nothin'

The way they were pressuring Brady all night, I knew a turnover was only a matter of time.

It would've been cool to see Brady make history, but I can't complain about a team winning its first Super Bowl. I'd congratulate Philadelphia but I assume it already looks like The Walking Dead over there.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #81
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
The way they were pressuring Brady all night, I knew a turnover was only a matter of time.

It would've been cool to see Brady make history, but I can't complain about a team winning its first Super Bowl. I'd congratulate Philadelphia but I assume it already looks like The Walking Dead over there.
I in general am not a fan of Eagles FANS. I think they are...rowdy to say the least and pretty awful. But, I don't hate the Eagles TEAM. It's hard to hate on Nick Foles and co. especially given what they accomplished this post-season.

I would have preferred seeing the Patriots win and especially knocking the Steelers off their Sixburgh perch, but Philly winning is okay by me.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #82
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

People are reporting that the stands were quiet during JT's performance except with what was going on the field.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #83
brainchild81
THE MASTER BUILDER

Glad the Eagles won. Also glad the Patriots lost. Screw them

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
brainchild81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #84
Venom'sDad
Beware..Vultures nDa Hype

What percentage% do you think Belichick leaves the New England organization?

Old 02-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #85
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

Thumbs up Re: 2017 NFL Thread: Finale - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I am sorry, but your bitterness is showing. If the NFL were so hardcore in the Pats pocket, then why did the 2 biggest calls of the game go to the Eagles?

This!

Old 02-05-2018, 01:13 PM   #86
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen

The evil has been defeated

PHILLY PHILLY

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #87
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:

The one call the catch and TD was the right call not even sure why they had to review that one in the first place. It was clearly a catch so then once the ball came out it didn't matter at all has the ball had clearly brook the plain. The other call looked like a miss call but I was shocked has you like never see calls go agest the Pats.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #88
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post

I was like finally even though they got a lot of hits on Brady they where all like a second to late to really have any kind of impact on the play before that play happened and up in till that point both teams had played like zero defense. So I was just expecting Pats to go down and score a TD.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #89
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
The one call the catch and TD was the right call not even sure why they had to review that one in the first place. It was clearly a catch so then once the ball came out it didn't matter at all has the ball had clearly brook the plain. The other call looked like a miss call but I was shocked has you like never see calls go agest the Pats.
Personally, the Clement TD I felt was incomplete and the Ertz TD was a TD. But, my point being, the fact both these calls went the Eagles way when there was justification for the Pats to get them shows that this narrative that the NFL has a bias towards the Pats is garbage.

This is not me saying the Pats got robbed or anything. Eagles won fair and square and I am not mad at all the Pats lost the game, though I wanted them to win. My whole point is the bias people like you have toward the Patriots blinds you from anything else. There is no fix or anything. If such a thing existed, the Pats would not have lost 3 Super Bowls, especially the 16-0 one that I am sure the NFL was wishing happened. Leagues like benchmarks being challenged/broken.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #90
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I kind of think that having the Eagles win is good for the sport. With ratings down and even the Superbowl down, maybe ratings will go up next year because of some semblance of parity.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #91
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Great Game. Even though I wasn't a fan of either.

It was a good story to see Foles take on Brady. Wonder if this will shake things up for the NFL some. Still wish they'd ditch Thursdays next year but oh well.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #92
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #93
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

Congrats to the the Philadelphia Eagles and any of their fans on here!

I have a few thoughts though.

I thought it was a pretty good officiated game other than the fact that the Corey Clement TD was not a catch. They've been calling that "not a catch" all season long. So it was very interesting to not see that called back. Like someone said, if that was Rob Gronkowski making that catch and the call stood, the whole world would have had an uproar. This is what I was talking about last week when I said I wanted more consistency. This wasn't a consistent call.

The Zach Ertz TD was a catch and TD because he became a runner. Jesse James was not considered a runner because he pretty much didn't take any steps to be considered one. Hopefully that's changed in the offseason.

Can't wait for next season!

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #94
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Personally, the Clement TD I felt was incomplete and the Ertz TD was a TD. But, my point being, the fact both these calls went the Eagles way when there was justification for the Pats to get them shows that this narrative that the NFL has a bias towards the Pats is garbage.

This is not me saying the Pats got robbed or anything. Eagles won fair and square and I am not mad at all the Pats lost the game, though I wanted them to win. My whole point is the bias people like you have toward the Patriots blinds you from anything else. There is no fix or anything. If such a thing existed, the Pats would not have lost 3 Super Bowls, especially the 16-0 one that I am sure the NFL was wishing happened. Leagues like benchmarks being challenged/broken.

I thought it was weird no attention was brought to a missed pass interference call that would've helped the eagles score near the end of the game.

The eagle player was clearly pushed before the ball reached him and the Pats defensive player never turned around.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #95
TheJL
Side-Kick

The refs usually let the both teams play, unless it's easy/blatant.

The NFL league office is in NY. Them making calls that favored the Patriots would've caused a huge uproar, because of what happened with Steelers vs. Patriots ending earlier in the year.

Ertz's TD was an easy call (3 steps plus extension of the ball & ground caused the fumble).
Clement's TD was correct (2 feet in bounds, maintained possession, call stands).

TheJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #96
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJL View Post
The refs usually let the both teams play, unless it's easy/blatant.

The NFL league office is in NY. Them making calls that favored the Patriots would've caused a huge uproar, because of what happened with Steelers vs. Patriots ending earlier in the year.

Ertz's TD was an easy call (3 steps plus extension of the ball & ground caused the fumble).
Clement's TD was correct (2 feet in bounds, maintained possession, call stands).
When he had control of the ball, only one foot was in bounds.

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype.
It's like rock'n roll never happened."
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:47 PM   #97
TheJL
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
When he had control of the ball, only one foot was in bounds.
It was a bang-bang play with the entire country watching. Not an easy decision by New York NFL.

NE scores a TD the next possession anyways. Nobody was stopping anybody.

The defensive turnover by the Eagles was really the game winner.

TheJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:25 AM   #98
Venom'sDad
Beware..Vultures nDa Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I thought it was weird no attention was brought to a missed pass interference call that would've helped the eagles score near the end of the game.

The eagle player was clearly pushed before the ball reached him and the Pats defensive player never turned around.
That's one of the the unfair calls that opposing fans of NE, believe, rightly so, that the league seems to dismiss or simply don't understand. NE never get called for that & yet get that call offensively all the time.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #99
P Supreme
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I kind of think that having the Eagles win is good for the sport. With ratings down and even the Superbowl down, maybe ratings will go up next year because of some semblance of parity.
Yeah I don't think that will be the case the NFL will continue to lose fans over the coming years because of all the rules favor offense and that has turned a lot of the older fans off and the new generation of kids don't pay attention to football like generations past so it will have to settle somewhere but it won't change the trajectory the league is going in

and F the Eagles I'm a Giants fan and well F them lol

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #100
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

Only non-call I had an issue with during the game was the helmet to helmet hit that put Cooks out of the game. Should've been 15 yards whether there was intent or not.

Outside of that I thought the refs did a serviceable job.