The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #3
B
[insert witty comment]

I'd read somewhere that they'd already received & rejected an offer of £70m for him.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Considering how insane this window has been I can imagine Liverpool would pretty much require a fee identical to/more than what they got for Suarez, I could even see them stonewalling Barcelona over the transfer. Coutinho has been a lynchpin for Liverpool's attack since he arrived, Klopp would probably be loathe to lose him. There doesn't seem to be much hinting at what Coutinho actually wants, he's never seemed unhappy or disgruntled at Liverpool so I'd imagine the onus is completely on Barcelona to convince him.

If Neymar is intent on leaving then theoretically getting Coutinho + £100m-ish as a replacement seems like fairly good business, but I suspect Neymar could end up staying, it would be a waste to go to PSG at his age.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:51 AM   #5
Iceman
Infinity War!

Why would Neymar be intent on leaving? Thought he was happy there. Imagine losing someone like that on a free!

Old 07-28-2017, 06:54 AM   #6
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Why would Neymar be intent on leaving? Thought he was happy there. Imagine losing someone like that on a free!
IMO he wants to be the big man and have a team built around him and while the football messiah ( **** messi) is at Barca no one else will ever be allowed to shine above him

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 07-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #7
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
IMO he wants to be the big man and have a team built around him and while the football messiah ( **** messi) is at Barca no one else will ever be allowed to shine above him
Oh right. I thought he'd been behaving a lot better since he moved to Barca, and he should have known that that team would have been all about Messi. Also maybe he could have been the big man when Messi retires.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #8
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Yeah I suspect this is more about Neymar wanting to be the crown jewel for a team and clearly the most important player than anything else, which would be the case at PSG. But I doubt he'll win the CL with them, which is what prince such and such wants.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #9
Iceman
Infinity War!

Such problems for these poor little guys.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #10
Grommers
Side-Kick

messi is still young that he should last another 5 years at least which will be through neymar's prime.

Sadly those are all years where Neymar could be driving his market share to higher heights.

I think its best for himself to move from a financial standpoint and branding stand point, if he wants trophies, then stay where he is.

I some how get the feeling neymar's father will lean towards the finance part though.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #11
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Yeah I think Neymar is fed up with being the runt of the litter when with the likes of Messi and Suarez, older guys sort of taking the mick and putting him down no doubt a lot of the time, most likely in jest but probably wants to be the main man the others look up to, like Pogba has at United now.

See there is a vid of rim going round after a training ground bust up, clearly he aint happy at Barca for whatever the real reason. Whether the move actually happens is another thing though.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #12
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

I suspect it might now, I'll have to eat my words from my previous post. I'm sure Barcelona are pragmatic, Neymar could fetch an absolutely obscene fee and they could likely use half of it to at least test Liverpool's resolve for Coutinho. I can't imagine Messi or Suarez deride or ridicule him or make his life at Barcelona difficult, I'm pretty sure his own aspirations are the main reason for wanting to leave.

The claims a couple of years back already were that Neymar wanted to be competing for the Ballon d'Or and felt that being in La Liga with Messi/Ronaldo prevented him from doing that.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpresident View Post
i suspect it might now, i'll have to eat my words from my previous post. I'm sure barcelona are pragmatic, neymar could fetch an absolutely obscene fee and they could likely use half of it to at least test liverpool's resolve for coutinho. I can't imagine messi or suarez deride or ridicule him or make his life at barcelona difficult, i'm pretty sure his own aspirations are the main reason for wanting to leave.
100%.

DECEMBER 2018
Old 07-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #14
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Word on the grapevine seems to suggest that Liverpool have called time in their interest in Keita too. I suspect their money will be focused on VVD now.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #15
SuperDave78
Side-Kick

El classico from Miami on espn in 10m

Old 07-30-2017, 06:36 AM   #16
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Manchester United and Chelsea are close to reaching an agreement for the transfer of Nemanja Matic. [Di Marzio]

DECEMBER 2018
Old 07-30-2017, 06:56 AM   #17
BatmanBeyond
Shadow On The Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by -VisionsVision- View Post
Manchester United and Chelsea are close to reaching an agreement for the transfer of Nemanja Matic. [Di Marzio]
Finally some movement on the midfield front. Also heard Fellaini might be on his way to Galatasaray. Only bit of positive news for Hunter this summer so far.

The mouse is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 07-30-2017, 07:13 AM   #18
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

And it seems Fellaini will be sold to Galatasaray, one imagines Matic is just a direct swap.

BB beat me to it! I was busy typing my reply while trying to buy groceries at the same time.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:13 AM   #19
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
Finally some movement on the midfield front. Also heard Fellaini might be on his way to Galatasaray. Only bit of positive news for Hunter this summer so far.
Agree completely!

DECEMBER 2018
Old 07-30-2017, 08:50 AM   #20
Iceman
Infinity War!

Least something is happening. Not sure how much difference that transfer will make but good that things are happening.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #21
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Least something is happening. Not sure how much difference that transfer will make but good that things are happening.
Yeah Im not sure swapping Fellaini is a step forward, backwards or just sideways. Its certainly not going to go down as the most popular signing with United fans but at this stage we seem desperate for anything now, the summer has not gone to plan it seems and I think we might have to lower our expectations for the coming season compared to where we thought we might be by now with the squad, still a month to go that can change things around.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #22
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yep still time but a lot of money has already moved. Utd haven't done all that much to separate themselves from the CL chasing pack and move themselves closer to Chelsea and City.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #23
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Picture doing the rounds on twitter, seems legit but you never know.....

Old 07-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #24
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

This window has been pretty horrible for every club in the PL except Everton, and maybe City too. All the others have just brought in a single high profile player each, and none have really solved more than one of the issues in their squad.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:16 AM   #25
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
This window has been pretty horrible for every club in the PL except Everton, and maybe City too. All the others have just brought in a single high profile player each, and none have really solved more than one of the issues in their squad.
United bought a CB and CF, both issues so no.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Closed Thread