The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #276
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Thanks. I mainly mean the guys who I don't know much about yet, any promsing young players of any age. Will keep an eye out for those ones you mentioned
City and chelsea have the stand out youth. Their academies are excellent, just it's impossible to break through.
Conte was moaning because he had a 19 year old on the bench for the charity shield. What message that send to the youth?

Old 08-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #277
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Wait, WHAT?! Mbappe to PSG?!

DECEMBER 2018
Old 08-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #278
Iceman
Infinity War!

Talk of Aurier to Utd
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/ma...134055839.html

Old 08-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #279
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -VisionsVision- View Post
Wait, WHAT?! Mbappe to PSG?!
Bloody hell! Looks like it. Loads of reports on it. About £160m!

Old 08-10-2017, 05:00 PM   #280
B
[insert witty comment]

'Allegedly', Mbappe has agreed terms with PSG & they've again 'allegedly' offered €155m for him but Monaco apparently want €180m..

Also I'd read that Real Madrid & in particular Perez wanted to sell Bale, presumably to United, in order to fund their offer for Mbappe but Zidane opposed & blocked the sale ending their pursuit of him.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #281
Iceman
Infinity War!

So this should be interesting for FFP!!

Old 08-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #282
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

£360m on two players? I might have to swear off football.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:37 AM   #283
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
£360m on two players? I might have to swear off football.
Well if it's true neymar will be pissed he left to be the golden boy and won't like sharing the spotlight

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 08-11-2017, 01:40 AM   #284
Iceman
Infinity War!

He didn't even get one season without the spotlight being shared haha. Always a stupid reason to move (if it was a major factor).

Old 08-11-2017, 06:09 AM   #285
B
[insert witty comment]

PSG (and Manchester City for that matter) will need to be very careful. Both clubs have spent big over the past few years & both both have already been fined & punished for breaching the Financial Fair Play regulations only 3 years ago.

If they breach them again & are found guilty again I would imagine the punishment & restrictions would be a lot more severe than they were the last time.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:10 AM   #286
Iceman
Infinity War!

PSG are surely going to have to sell the rest of their squad and stadium to not breach FFP again lol.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #287
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
City and chelsea have the stand out youth. Their academies are excellent, just it's impossible to break through.
Conte was moaning because he had a 19 year old on the bench for the charity shield. What message that send to the youth?
Oh right. Shame that the traditionally bigger clubs aren't getting results like those guys from their academies.

And not a good one lol.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:27 AM   #288
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

PSG are all in! My goodness me...

DECEMBER 2018
Old 08-11-2017, 07:02 AM   #289
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
PSG (and Manchester City for that matter) will need to be very careful. Both clubs have spent big over the past few years & both both have already been fined & punished for breaching the Financial Fair Play regulations only 3 years ago.

If they breach them again & are found guilty again I would imagine the punishment & restrictions would be a lot more severe than they were the last time.
I think UEFA will continue just rapping them over the knuckles - both those clubs and their owners are way too well paid up to have any serious repercussions. I think if UEFA had any teeth they would've had a far stronger position on the Neymar move. You may be right though, there really should be some kind of standard.

In other news, Coutinho has allegedly handed in a transfer request - a few hours after FSG stated that he will categorically not be sold.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #290
Iceman
Infinity War!

Barcelona will need to force through a couple of transfers. Can't just sell Neymar for that amount of money and have nothing to show for it in the squad (without the fans going crazy).

Old 08-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #291
Zantera
Side-Kick

Can't be fun for Spurs/Liverpool going into the start of this season with so much turbulence surrounding the clubs with the events of the last few days. Puts even more pressure on getting the results in the first game, a win right away can wash away some of that drama, and a draw or loss could result in even more chaos.

https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic
https://www.facebook.com/arcadiaforever/
Old 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM   #292
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Liverpool losing Coutinho at this stage would be pretty tough for them but I think they'd manage to find a replacement - but it's clear he was integral for Klopp. On the other hand Barcelona do need a replacement for Neymar, personally I think that replacement is Dembele but Coutinho does make sense too.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #293
Iceman
Infinity War!

The aim has got to be to tie up all transfer business by now if you want stability throughout the first few months.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #294
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...P=share_btn_tw

Quote:
Sky could be forced to pay an extra £600m annually to retain the lion’s share of Premier League matches when the next rights auction launches this year, with Amazon emerging as a potential competitor for the biggest prize in UK sport broadcasting.
Google, Apple, Facebook and Netflix are other possible rivals for Britain’s most valuable sports rights, which are split between Sky and BT under the current three-year deal. The prospect of a heated auction involving deep-pocketed tech firms has led analysts to estimate that Sky might have to pay a premium of up to 45% on the near £4.2bn it paid last time. That means a further £1.8bn, or £600m annually, to keep Silicon Valley off the ball.
“We expect Sky to pay 40% to 45% more in the next Premier League rights auction,” said Thomas Singlehurst, an analyst at investment bank Citi, who has rounded up his peers’ forecasts. “The base case consensus [of Sky analysts] is that payments go up by £600m a year from the 2019-20 season.”

Old 08-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #295
Iceman
Infinity War!

How much more money is the PL going to get?! Probably not quite enough to compete with PSG though lol. I don't want PL viewing to become too splintered between different providers though. It's already a pain in the arse needing to have both Sky and BT in addition to MotD. At least I already have Amazon Prime in case that is a factor.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #296
TheFuture
Rising

While I had no illusions about the appeal of a club like Barca to Coutinho, I thought we could settle this amicably like we did with Suarez in the end.

I thought Coutinho had more class than this to do this a day before the season starts. Felt the same when VVD did it Southampton and just hate to see things turn ugly.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #297
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
While I had no illusions about the appeal of a club like Barca to Coutinho, I thought we could settle this amicably like we did with Suarez in the end.

I thought Coutinho had more class than this to do this a day before the season starts. Felt the same when VVD did it Southampton and just hate to see things turn ugly.
Yeah, big shame. His stay at Liverpool has been good for both player and club so it would have been nice if this could have been handled well, especially as the price is likely to be decent.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #298
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah, big shame. His stay at Liverpool has been good for both player and club so it would have been nice if this could have been handled well, especially as the price is likely to be decent.
Price probably won't be what it could have been now that our hand is slightly weakened. Would be amazed if we got €100m now, given the pressure is on now to offload an unhappy player and replace him in time before the window closes.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #299
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Price probably won't be what it could have been now that our hand is slightly weakened. Would be amazed if we got €100m now, given the pressure is on now to offload an unhappy player and replace him in time before the window closes.
True. I think rather than play these silly games it would be better to engage all clubs who make offers and agree to transfer proposals, just for a very high price. It's best to get these things done asap if there is a high chance of them happening anyway with more money and more time to deal with the aftermath.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #300
Iceman
Infinity War!

Arsenal already 1 up!

Closed Thread