The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episodes IV - VI

Old 02-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #26
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot holes or inconsistencies in Episodes 4-6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Revenge of the Sith. He went on the mission with Anakin and Obi-Wan together. Also, Anakin and Obi-Wan got into that whole argument about R2 and how R2 was having trouble. Also The Clone Wars. They interacted plenty of times.
I should have been more clear in my post - there are no times in the Prequels or TCW where Obi-Wan acknowledges Artoo or any droid as being anything more than an tool or appliance.

Just because Kenobi interacts with Artoo does not mean he views him as anything more than a droid just like the thousands of others.

The argument in RotS is simply to wind Anakin up. The Prequels and TCW don't make a big deal of it, but there are several points at which it is made clear that Kenobi thinks of droids as sophisticated spanners.

Unless Artoo specifically identified himself as Anakin's R2 unit Kenobi would never be able to tell the difference and hether you like it or not, this is exactly what happens on screen.

Mask&Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:17 AM   #27
Brother Jack
Believer

I find it a bigger problem that Chewbacca interacted with Yoda, and yet was best buds with a guy who didn't even believe the force existed.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #28
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape View Post
I should have been more clear in my post - there are no times in the Prequels or TCW where Obi-Wan acknowledges Artoo or any droid as being anything more than an tool or appliance.

Just because Kenobi interacts with Artoo does not mean he views him as anything more than a droid just like the thousands of others.

The argument in RotS is simply to wind Anakin up. The Prequels and TCW don't make a big deal of it, but there are several points at which it is made clear that Kenobi thinks of droids as sophisticated spanners.

Unless Artoo specifically identified himself as Anakin's R2 unit Kenobi would never be able to tell the difference and hether you like it or not, this is exactly what happens on screen.
He greets him as a friend and comrade here. So I would say that's wrong.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:19 PM   #29
dax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jack View Post
I find it a bigger problem that Chewbacca interacted with Yoda, and yet was best buds with a guy who didn't even believe the force existed.
By that point, the Jedi were already dead. It's hard for anyone to believe in the force after Darth Vader, Emperor Sidious, and the Empire have literally and figuratively destroyed the jedi's legacy.

Last edited by dax; 02-14-2018 at 10:27 PM.
dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #30
dax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Yeah but it's not like the way Luke and R2 were reunited. R2 doesn't even recognize Obi-Wan. The proper way to follow-up that line would've been, "I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid, but I do remember this little fellow. We got into quite a bit of trouble together."

Simply, blame it on bad writing of the prequels
Yeah well, R2 had his memory erased at the end of Revenge of the Sith so how could he recognize Obi-wan?

dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:08 AM   #31
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post
Yeah well, R2 had his memory erased at the end of Revenge of the Sith so how could he recognize Obi-wan?

Nope. Just C3PO mind-wiped, not R2D2. "Clean them up. Treat them well. Have the protocol droid's mind wiped."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote