The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 06:05 PM   #176
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: MCU X-Men - Part 1

Isn’t it funny how secret wars in the comics was about taking the ff out and reducing the xmen while in the movies it might be the way to bring them back in lol

Old 04-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #177
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I just hope it won't suck like it did in the comics.

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
Old 04-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #178
Marvel united
Omega level Mutant

There's zero reason for the X-Men to be brought in via universe hopping. Why not just bring the Singer universe into the MCU if they are going to come from another universe as opposed to the X-Men being organically introduced?

Last edited by Marvel united; 04-21-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #179
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Because Singer verse has too much baggage and mistakes? Not to mention it is not a product of Marvel Studios.

Also pretending that mutants eXisted since phase 1 is a clear reason why they might need to set the mutants in a separate universe at least for several films before Secret Wars.

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-21-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #180
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Regardless of whether universes merge or we get a hard reboot, two casting choices I want to see are Hunter Page-Lochard as Bishop and Madison Davenport as Shadowcat.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #181
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel united View Post
There's zero reason for the X-Men to be brought in via universe hopping. Why not just bring the Singer universe into the MCU if they are going to come from another universe as opposed to the X-Men being organically introduced?
Me and a buddy were joking the other day that if they did get the Singer-verse to do some universe-hopping to the MCU(very bad idea) then that would put Quicksliver in a super-awkward situation.

Remember that issue where 616 Peter Parker went over to the Ultimate Universe and found out that his counterpart in that universe kicked the bucket? Imagine how bizarre a conversation between MCU Scarlett Witch and Fox's Quicksilver would be.

MCU Scarlett Witch: "Pietro, you're alive! but you look and sound so different and you're...American?"

Fox Quicksilver: "So there is a me in this world but wait a minute based on what you said it seems more like there was a me in this dimension - what do you mean I'm alive!? Of course I'm ali-wait! You mean to tell me the other me bite the dust!? I'm supposed to leave people in the dust not bite it! Oh goddamn it! I miss my old universe! This dimension sucks!"

Last edited by Detective Conan; 04-22-2018 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #182
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I loved the Singer-verse (when it wasn't crapping the bed) but I'd want it nowhere near the MCU.

As for rationale's for the X-Men costumes... I think it'd be cute if the team members wore costumes designed by their students, to demonstrate the bonds and the importance of X-Men as mutant role models. Wolverine would be a late and reluctant adopter. He is drawn to an image that bears a silhouette similar to the demonic shadow he cast when he escaped Weapon X covered in equipment.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:52 PM   #183
Marvel united
Omega level Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Because Singer verse has too much baggage and mistakes? Not to mention it is not a product of Marvel Studios.

Also pretending that mutants eXisted since phase 1 is a clear reason why they might need to set the mutants in a separate universe at least for several films before Secret Wars.
I agree completely about the Singerverse. But bringing in an alt universe X-Men makes rebooting the X-Men redundant. It robs the MCU of the story possibilities of mutants emerging in a world that loves the Avengers and other heroes. It changes the dynamic between the Avengers and the X-Men, it also changes the core argument mutant haters have against them. It's no longer "evolution - they were born this way & they're going to replace human beings" instead it's "they don't even belong in our universe. Go back to your own universe". Mutants need to organically emerge in the MCU and the X-Men should be a reaction to that. So many themes would be lost from franchise by pulling mutants out of the Multiverse into MCU proper

Old 04-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #184
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Not really. Thing is if secret wars clashed both universes, and suddenly there are mutants are everywhere. I can see big prejudice happening to the mutants just like in the comics. But to act as if the mutants already eXisted in the current timeline and just acknowledge them in phase four would be just odd.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #185
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not really. Thing is if secret wars clashed both universes, and suddenly there are mutants are everywhere. I can see big prejudice happening to the mutants just like in the comics. But to act as if the mutants already eXisted in the current timeline and just acknowledge them in phase four would be just odd.
It wouldn't be odd at all. Just make the X-gene a thing that used to be very rare but now (post-Avengers 4) has become a widespread recent phenomenon. Older mutants like Logan, Xavier, Magneto have already existed before as byproducts of an old era of mutation pre-Thanos where the X-gene was more of an anomaly; making it a thing that didn't occur in humans often so the existence of mutants was something that was easier to be kept confidential(only a few people knew of the existence of them like government operatives and maybe some family members that kept their secrets from public) so that's why we haven't heard of mutants until now because their population size prior to Avengers 4 wasn't big enough to be noticed so they fell under the radar. Xavier, Magneto, and Logan - even though they're mutants were able to 'blend' into normal society because they're normal-looking mutants but after Thanos is defeated the X-gene somehow becomes more widespread - to the point that some individuals affected by the X-gene start exhibiting more monstrous or freakish physical characteristics(i.e. Beast) and due to a lack of formal education or guidance on how to control and use their powers the more human-looking mutants like Jean and Cyclops have difficulty fitting into regular society thus facing fear and scorn - the recent widespread upsurge of the rate of humans being mutated by the X-gene prompts Xavier to start a special school to train mutants to control their abilities and use them for the greater good.

Last edited by Detective Conan; 04-22-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #186
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Regardless of whether universes merge or we get a hard reboot, two casting choices I want to see are Hunter Page-Lochard as Bishop and Madison Davenport as Shadowcat.
Hailee Steinfeld as Shadowcat.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #187
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I really don't think people should get hung up on the idea the russo's mentioned. There's no telling how the mutants will be incorporated into the mcu. It's safe to say the singerverse probably won't be in it.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:01 PM   #188
psylockolussus
Fierce User

It definitely won't.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #189
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4stic View Post
Hailee Steinfeld as Shadowcat.
Did you watch From Dusk Till Dawn (The TV show, not the movie). Watch it and then tell me that isn't Kitty.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #190
Marvel united
Omega level Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Conan View Post
It wouldn't be odd at all. Just make the X-gene a thing that used to be rare but now post-Avengers 4 has become a widespread recent phenomenon. Older mutants like Logan, Xavier, Magneto have existed before as byproducts of an old era of mutation pre-Thanos where X-gene was more of an anomaly and it didn't occur in humans often so the existence of mutants were something that was easier to be kept confidential(only a few people knew of the existence of them like government operatives and maybe some family members that kept their secrets from public) so that's why we haven't heard of mutants until now because their population size prior to Avengers 4 wasn't big enough to be noticed so they fell under the radar. Xavier, Magneto, and Logan - even though they're mutants they're able to 'blend' in normal society because they're normal-looking mutants but after Thanos is defeated the X-gene somehow becomes more widespread - to the point that some individuals affected by the X-gene start exhibiting more monstrous or freakish physical characteristics(i.e. Beast) and due to a lack of formal education or guidance on how to control and use their powers the more human-looking mutants like Jean and Cyclops have difficulty fitting in regular society thus facing fear and scorn - the recent widespread manifestation of the X-gene prompts Xavier to start a special school to train mutants on how to control their abilities and use them for the greater good.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #191
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Did you watch From Dusk Till Dawn (The TV show, not the movie). Watch it and then tell me that isn't Kitty.
As far as I could find, she's not jewish.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #192
Marvel united
Omega level Mutant

I agree, Davenport would be a great choice

Old 04-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #193
Iceman
Infinity War!

Would love to see the X-Men in a decade or 2 in an Infinity War scale event film.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:44 PM   #194
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:
As far as I could find, she's not jewish.
I don’t know a lot about Kitty but does she really need to have an actual Jewish actor to play her? Neither Ian Mckellan nor Micheal Fassbender are Jewish but they played characters who are and no one batted an eye. Kitty can be played by a gentile - it doesn’t matter to me.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:02 AM   #195
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don’t know a lot about Kitty but does she really need to have an actual Jewish actor to play her? Neither Ian Mckellan nor Micheal Fassbender are Jewish but they played characters who are and no one batted an eye. Kitty can be played by a gentile - it doesn’t matter to me.
Ideally, yes. Unless there's a total lacking of Jewish performers, why not?

Old 04-22-2018, 12:06 AM   #196
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I've already watched X-Men movies set in their own universe for over a decade. I am bored of that, just as I was bored of Spider-Man movies where Spider-Man was the only hero in his universe.

I am more interested right now in the idea of mutants being part of the world that already has superheros in it.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:13 AM   #197
Marvel united
Omega level Mutant

Quote:
Ideally, yes. Unless there's a total lacking of Jewish performers, why not?
I don't think it matters all that much, as long as Kitty is Jewish herself in the movie

Old 04-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #198
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel united View Post
I don't think it matters all that much, as long as Kitty is Jewish herself in the movie
I don't think that'd be as easily accepted for many other cultures.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #199
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I've already watched X-Men movies set in their own universe for over a decade. I am bored of that, just as I was bored of Spider-Man movies where Spider-Man was the only hero in his universe.

I am more interested right now in the idea of mutants being part of the world that already has superheros in it.
I agree. Even though I really don’t mind the Mutants not being in the MCU as much as I do with the FF(face it they deserve to be in the MCU more than anyone). Them being hated and feared opens up a lot of interesting storytelling possibilities that is fresh and unique. You could contrast the Mutants with them being so disliked with the revered Avengers, and make it a point that people are more comfortable with “heroes who are made different than heroes who are born different” and use that to highlight the hyprocrisy of mankind all while doing a little underlying social commentary that X-Men kind of has always been about.

Last edited by Detective Conan; 04-22-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:34 AM   #200
Marvel united
Omega level Mutant

Quote:
I agree. Even though I really don’t mind the Mutants not being in the MCU as much as do with the FF(face it they deserve to be in the MCU more than anyone). Them being hated and feared opens up a lot interesting storytelling possibilities that is fresh and unique. You could contrast the Mutants with them being so disliked with the revered Avengers, and make it a point that people are more comfortable with “heroes who are made different than heroes who are born different” and use that to highlight the hyprocrisy of mankind all while doing a little underlying social commentary that X-Men kind of has always been about.
This so much. Much like Spider-Man, Marvel can use the MCU to tell a fresh X-Men story. Marvel's X-Men can explore the contrast between the Avengers and the X-Men and like you said - explore the hypocrisy of mankind. And once you introduce people like Senator Kelly and Reverend Stryker, the social and political commentary will become even more complex. If Stark is still around, I could see Kelly trying to get him to disavow mutants and the X-Men & implement policies that discriminate against mutants.

So many storytelling opportunities for the X-Men to play with in the MCU sandbox

Closed Thread