The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #176
Donut
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16,182
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
She's in that horrible looking Hansel & Gretel.
I had that blocked out. Thanks for the reminder. She should use X-Men to get back some fan trust

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #177
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,583
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Hugh is doing press right now for "Les Miserables" and there's tons of screenings going on. One the bloggers from collider.com saw that movie and tweeted this:

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
Just ran into Hugh Jackman. The way he spoke to me, he's def in X-MEN sequel and he's really excited to do it.
Sweet! Cant wait for some interviews.

I wonder whos gonna be slain. I would think at least 2 to three X men will be dead to show the consequences of the future. I expect a new path to be set for all characters for future films at the end of the film, but surely some sill be MIA/dead during the flick.

While I hope they leave the chance for Cyc to appear in future films at the end, I dont think he has a role here. He would have less sceen time then X2 more then likely. Unless hes being added as a new student during the FC time to start building character I dont see the point in adding him given the story except for pleasing fans. If they do cast Marsden Ill be stoked, just dont see how he would fit quite yet. Same with Famke.


Last edited by def28; 11-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #178
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

EDIT
Sorry put it in wrong thread.


Last edited by NanaT; 11-30-2012 at 03:01 PM.
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #179
Majik1387
Banned User
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 41,631
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

I pretty much voiced who I'd feel would return in the movie in the other thread about past actors returning.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #180
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 609
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
wolverine can shine without being a time traveler, infact wolverine probably will work better with limited screen time
That's right. He's got his own series of films already.

And now that it appears he's in DOFP the other characters dont stand a chance.

"One man does not make a team"

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #181
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,198
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Remember the First Class film bore no resemblance to the comic ie two thirds of the team were missing to be replaced by other mutants for no apparent reason?

So if we use the same logic here, even though the film shares the title DOFP there is no legitimate reason why Wolverine should appear in this film.

I'm just applying the same logic as was applied to casting in First Class.
you don't follow x men news very well do you

singer and vaughn never said xmfc was gonna be based off that specific story

vaughn flat out said he just liked the name of first class

this film is strictly gonna be based off dofp

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #182
Legion
Side-Kick
 
Legion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,299
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
That's right. He's got his own series of films already.

And now that it appears he's in DOFP the other characters dont stand a chance.

"One man does not make a team"
Yea it makes a lot of sense to plan an epic X-Men cross over film and then exclude the most popular character from the comics and star of the original trilogy

That's like saying Iron Man should only have a cameo in the The Avengers 2 because he has 3 solo movies and he took away from Hawkeye's screen time in The Avengers...

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #183
Mulholland-Jr
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,256
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I'm not too worried about this becoming another "Wolverine and the X-Men" movie mainly because this news comes so late in the process that Wolverine can't be the main focus of the story. The script has been in the works for a long time now!

I really hope that Singer has learned balance in the last ten years!
I doubt the script is done. Last week it looked as if Singer and Kinberg were still going over it.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #184
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick
 
Alison Blaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 570
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I had that blocked out. Thanks for the reminder. She should use X-Men to get back some fan trust
There’s a new international poster for HANSEL AND GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS, featuring Famke Janssen as the witch Muriel.


Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #185
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,725
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

So this is turning into an all out crazy affair! Pretty exciting though..if it works we could be in for something massive. And the cast list is going to be amazing with the best guys from all the X-films.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #186
psylockolussus
Fierce User
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion
Posts: 35,662
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Even though they might not explain X3 and XOW making sense in the timeline i think they might find away to step the story so that moving forward, if they decide to make X4, it might even be a whole new entity, that doesnt really rely on the original trilogy in terms of story but still uses the some of the original cast moving forward.
Yes they just need to move forward. They are a lot of stories from the comic books to adapt. No need to remake X3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
While I hope they leave the chance for Cyc to appear in future films at the end, I dont think he has a role here. He would have less sceen time then X2 more then likely. Unless hes being added as a new student during the FC time to start building character I dont see the point in adding him given the story except for pleasing fans. If they do cast Marsden Ill be stoked, just dont see how he would fit quite yet. Same with Famke.
Yes and they don't have to include every major character from the original trilogy plus both Jean and Cyclops died in X3. That would make X3 really pointless even if DOFP is from a different universe or time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Yea it makes a lot of sense to plan an epic X-Men cross over film and then exclude the most popular character from the comics and star of the original trilogy

That's like saying Iron Man should only have a cameo in the The Avengers 2 because he has 3 solo movies and he took away from Hawkeye's screen time in The Avengers...
This is what I'm saying before. DOFP is gonna be "The Avengers" of the X-Men movie series and excluding Wolverine or putting Wolverine aside - the most popular character of this movie is just ridiculous. Just because he ate too much screentime in the original trilogy, they have to put him aside on this one. Thats like saying Optimus Prime should be a secondary character in Transformers 4 because he had the most screentime in the first three Transformer movies. And look at the comics, for their every big cross-over event, Wolverine always has a big role. I don't see why he shouldn't have a major role in this one.

__________________
Phoenix • Psylocke • Rogue • Storm
X - W O M E N
Dazzler • Jubilee • Polaris • Shadowcat • White Queen

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-30-2012 at 08:12 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #187
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick
 
DJ Kornphlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,999
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

I don't have a problem with Wolverine being in the movie; I'm just not that interested in seeing him in a leading role.

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #188
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 675
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
I don't have a problem with Wolverine being in the movie; I'm just not that interested in seeing him in a leading role.
I have to agree with you... In terms of the role that Wolverine should play in DOFP I would want him to be integral to the plot, but not necessarily the lead. Something like Coulson's role in Avengers. Important but not big.

I think there are far more interesting aspects to play with then just seeing Wolverine go berseker... Which we will be seeing anyway in his solo film.

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #189
Majik1387
Banned User
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 41,631
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Wolvie didn't have much of a lead role in the comic story; it was prominent enough where I don't think Singer will try to squeeze Jackman more into it than necessary.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #190
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 394
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

If Hugh returns for Days of Future Past, does he holds the record for playing the most number of times for the same comic book character in a movie?

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #191
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,957
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

I believe he already holds it? He's played Wolverine 5 times. I can't think of anyone else who's played the same comic book character more than that.


Last edited by BMM; 12-01-2012 at 02:15 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #192
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 609
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
you don't follow x men news very well do you

singer and vaughn never said xmfc was gonna be based off that specific story

vaughn flat out said he just liked the name of first class

this film is strictly gonna be based off dofp
And that's my exact point!!!

Just because they used title DOFP that doesn't mean Wolverine had to be in it.

And how do you know this film is strictly going to be based on DOFP? So far Bryan has publicised the A-list, award winning actors as returning. You you've got at least six big names in there and yet there's no sign of Storm, Kitty and Collossus. Something's got to give.

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:54 AM   #193
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,315
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
this film is strictly gonna be based off dofp
Nobody involved in the movie said that. All they mentioned was that they were going to use the elements of that story, along with some new things. No one referred to this project as an adaptation of the original comic. For one thing, if they were going to strictly base it off DoFP, Fassbender's Magneto would not even be in it.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #194
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,198
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
And that's my exact point!!!

Just because they used title DOFP that doesn't mean Wolverine had to be in it.

And how do you know this film is strictly going to be based on DOFP? So far Bryan has publicised the A-list, award winning actors as returning. You you've got at least six big names in there and yet there's no sign of Storm, Kitty and Collossus. Something's got to give.
jesus you keep missing the point lol

singer flat out said on video they will base film on the specific comic and tons of other original ideas

they never not once said first class was gonna be based off that comic run they just liked the catchy name

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #195
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 14,820
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
And that's my exact point!!!

Just because they used title DOFP that doesn't mean Wolverine had to be in it.

And how do you know this film is strictly going to be based on DOFP? So far Bryan has publicised the A-list, award winning actors as returning. You you've got at least six big names in there and yet there's no sign of Storm, Kitty and Collossus. Something's got to give.
Yep, something's got to give.

But I can see why they want to add Wolverine.

I am also a bit worried he will dominate, but I am crossing my fingers that others get a chance to shine.

I'd like to see Singer's Colossus and a more elegant Storm with a better wig and costume. Plus Havok, Banshee and Emma.

My other worry is that characters who aren't included will just be omitted with no explanation, as though we're expected to believe they just left the X-Men or Brotherhood and are never mentioned again.

If we look at Avengers, they didn't use that many characters and some of those weren't very developed.

They had: Nick Fury (who was absent in final battle, and that worked fine), Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Loki (and nameless army), Maria Hill, Agent Coulson. That's 10 in total - eight men, two women. Loki didn't have a lot of substance, Hawkeye was non-descript, Thor was on the sidelines, Hill and Coulson were secondary roles.

The X-Men films have managed to juggle more characters - and more successfully too. But some have been small roles - in X2, Colossus was a cameo, Cyclops was removed from the plot for a time by being captured, Deathstryke had no backstory, Jubilee was just a tiny cameo in the museum scene. And other, unexpected, characters were added to the mix: Bobby's family, Magneto's guard Laurio, Stryker's main soldier Lyman, the kid (Jones) in the mansion who first encountered the soldiers.

__________________
Show me an X-Men comic where Mystique is the leader and walks round all day as a bored blonde
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #196
lancimouspitt
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 111
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Why? Anna Paquin is a great actress and she was a good Rogue. The problem is they totally ****ed over her character arc in the third movie and gave her nothing to do.

Is it wrong I want to see Paquin have a more fulfilling arc this time around as Rogue and maybe fulfill all that promise she had in the first two movies? Have her actually show up to the final battle and not chicken out and take a fake racist cure?
I agree. Actually in true blood Sookie is more like Rogue in attitude than Rogue from the actual X Men Movies. That's kind of weird.

lancimouspitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #197
lancimouspitt
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 111
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yep, something's got to give.

But I can see why they want to add Wolverine.

I am also a bit worried he will dominate, but I am crossing my fingers that others get a chance to shine.

I'd like to see Singer's Colossus and a more elegant Storm with a better wig and costume. Plus Havok, Banshee and Emma.

My other worry is that characters who aren't included will just be omitted with no explanation, as though we're expected to believe they just left the X-Men or Brotherhood and are never mentioned again.

If we look at Avengers, they didn't use that many characters and some of those weren't very developed.

They had: Nick Fury (who was absent in final battle, and that worked fine), Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Loki (and nameless army), Maria Hill, Agent Coulson. That's 10 in total - eight men, two women. Loki didn't have a lot of substance, Hawkeye was non-descript, Thor was on the sidelines, Hill and Coulson were secondary roles.

The X-Men films have managed to juggle more characters - and more successfully too. But some have been small roles - in X2, Colossus was a cameo, Cyclops was removed from the plot for a time by being captured, Deathstryke had no backstory, Jubilee was just a tiny cameo in the museum scene. And other, unexpected, characters were added to the mix: Bobby's family, Magneto's guard Laurio, Stryker's main soldier Lyman, the kid (Jones) in the mansion who first encountered the soldiers.
It was bad enough their was a complete silence and absence of Nightcrawler in X3. I couldn't imagine DOFP doing the same with Emma,Azazel,Havok,Collosus, Kitty,etc. Actually it would be pretty funny.

lancimouspitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #198
marvelrobbins
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 18,411
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

People they have only announced the first of casting.They are hardly done.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #199
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 609
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
jesus you keep missing the point lol

singer flat out said on video they will base film on the specific comic and tons of other original ideas

they never not once said first class was gonna be based off that comic run they just liked the catchy name
If this is the video your are referring to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIRRt6mSMik

"...it deals with aspects of that comic..."

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #200
Legion
Side-Kick
 
Legion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,299
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
And that's my exact point!!!

Just because they used title DOFP that doesn't mean Wolverine had to be in it.

And how do you know this film is strictly going to be based on DOFP? So far Bryan has publicised the A-list, award winning actors as returning. You you've got at least six big names in there and yet there's no sign of Storm, Kitty and Collossus. Something's got to give.
The difference between Wolverine and the other characters you mention is that Wolverine is the definitive x-man and those characters are not. Wolverine's role in the future is also iconic. If you google images "x-men days of future past" you will likely see many images of Wolverine defending Kitty Pryde and Wolverine's death.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.