Old 06-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #202
Default Re: Sandman

that'd be good casting!

I don't know if this thing will ever happen tho . probably not any time soon

The CORRECT way to adapt Sandman is by putting it on HBO

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #203

JGL did a AMA on Reddit and answered some Sandman questions.

Question: Thanks for taking your time to answer our questions.
Two quick questions on your Sandman adaptation:
What would you say is the most difficult aspect of translating Sandman to the big screen?
Given the large scope and episodic nature of would you say it is best suited for a big screen adaptation, or would a small screen adaptation fit the bill better?

Answer: I think a big screen adaptation is a better idea and here's why. If you did the episodic version, I think it could very well end up as a not-as-good-version of what is already brilliant in the comics. But by reworking the material into a big movie, Gaiman's brilliant characters and ideas get to take shape in a way they never have before. Also, I think Sandman deserves to look absolutely mind-blowingly awesome, just on a visual level, and as cinematic as some tv shows are becoming these days, they still can't compete with big movies visually, just because they can't afford to.
Question: Hey JGL! Glad to see you return and I had two long winded-ish questions for you.
First, I’m a huge fan of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman saga and cannot wait to see how you get this project to the masses. Besides a lack of fist fights, is there anything about your adaptation you can share? I know you got a ways to go to get to A Game of You, but to me it seems like that story in particular would be a nightmare to successfully pitch to the studio (main franchise character basically just has a cameo, female lead, trans issues, etc.). Either way, you can bet I’ll be rooting for you the whole way on that massive undertaking.

Yeah, there's tons of little brilliant moments throughout the series, and we certainly can't incorporate all of them. We are using a whole bunch of specifics straight from the comics, but of course, we're also having to do a certain amount of invention, and in between that, there's tons of re-appropriating, re-contextualizing, combining, consolidating, and all manner of things that literalists might not like. But what we try to be completely faithful about is the overall sentiment: that Dreams and Stories and Magic are actually all the same thing, and that they're real, and that they're powerful.

lanesrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #204
One cone of ice brain

Vertigo DC Movies Like Sandman Going To New Line; Warner Bros Keeps Batman, Superman, Justice League, Other DC Titles

Because he's ****ing alley
geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #205
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

That report seemingly confirms what we've all known about:

JGL to direct, produce, and star in Sandman.

DC Extended Universe (2013-2020)
Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #206
Ghost of all things X

Rumor: Tom Hiddleston being eyed to play Morpheus.

Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:00 PM   #207
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I could see it.

"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote