The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 05-01-2017, 06:09 PM   #451
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 2

I really hope the Dems choose a candidate that is younger. Biden is likeable but he will be 78 in 2020. At that age we'll be lucky if he gets through 4 years without a heart attack, cancer, stroke, or a heart bypass.

Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #452
Sithborg
About time Filoni

You know, looking at the spending bill, I can understand people have issues with Schumer and Pelosi. But god damn, they are just invaluable to the Democrats in Congress. Lesser leaders might not have been able to get nearly as much as they did.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:52 PM   #453
st barbara
Side-Kick

Coal may be "dead" to Americans, but don't tell that to the Chinese who are currently planning a giant coalmine in Australia, one which may suck up all the water in the area AND pollute the great barrier reef with its waste !

st barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #454
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st barbara View Post
Coal may be "dead" to Americans, but don't tell that to the Chinese who are currently planning a giant coalmine in Australia, one which may suck up all the water in the area AND pollute the great barrier reef with its waste !
Have you seen photos of the reef lately? It's not pretty. They say it's terminal but who knows how long it would take?

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #455
CaptainWagner
Bob Newby: Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I really hope the Dems choose a candidate that is younger. Biden is likeable but he will be 78 in 2020. At that age we'll be lucky if he gets through 4 years without a heart attack, cancer, stroke, or a heart bypass.
Yep, Biden will be too old by then, the same reason another Bernie run isn't realistic. Both those ships have sailed, unfortuantely. It's time to bring in younger faces. I'm personally curious as to why Julian Castro dropped off the radar of potential runners. He was tossed around a lot as a potential Hillary runningmate, then as a 2020 candidate, then he kind of dropped off the map.

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #456
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Clean coal is a lie.
Clean energy is a lie. Waste is produced at production or expulsion for any form of energy. How little waste is produced vs output is the litmus test. Nuclear is the current winner but the waste is suuuuuper not good.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #457
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Clean energy is a lie. Waste is produced at production or expulsion for any form of energy. How little waste is produced vs output is the litmus test. Nuclear is the current winner but the waste is suuuuuper not good.
What's the waste with wind or solar? Might as well add Hydro power as well

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #458
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
What's the waste with wind or solar? Might as well add Hydro power as well
How are the panels and equipment created? Where do those parts go when they stop working? What happens to the ecosystem when you dam up a river to create a hydrodam?

They are cleaner...but clean is false.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #459
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
How are the panels and equipment created? Where do those parts go when they stop working? What happens to the ecosystem when you dam up a river to create a hydrodam?

And you're just being pedantic and arguing semantics at the point. It is about managing the amount of harmful waste and fossil fuels produce exponentially more waste than alternatives.

redhawk23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #460
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
Perez is really irritating me with this litmus testing over abortion issues. This is not how you revitalize your party. You'd think by now they'd have learned to listen to Bernie, but I guess not...
Waffling on one of your core platform issues isn't how you run a party either.

Nor really is listening to someone that can't even commit to being a member of your party.

redhawk23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #461
MaceB
Side-Kick

I'm continuously disappointed by the rampant age discrimination in our country. Being old is not a disqualifier for president. It should be an advantage. Joe Biden still has his brain, and that is literally all he needs. Years of experience, a strong commitment to regular people, and a strong work ethic - that's an A-lister. Like, we've got this one-in-a-million statesman here, and we're willing to throw him away because he's pushing 80.

..Please... IF the worst were to happen, then luckily I'm sure Biden would pick a great team, and that too would work out just fine.

MaceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #462
samsnee
Side-Kick

Democrats in the House were just as bad as Republicans. Singing "Na na na goodbye" is shameful.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #463
MaceB
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Democrats in the House were just as bad as Republicans. Singing "Na na na goodbye" is shameful.
Why? Their policy is going to kill thousands of people, put more into bankruptcy... and Dems are the shameful ones for singing a song that points out folks are going to be angry at them? Why is it suddenly so awful to tell people that they are wrong?

I love the equivalence. On the one hand, scrapping services for the poor and the elderly that could mean life or death in favor of a tax cut for rich elites. On the other hand, singing a song to ridicule the other side.
Yep.. Dems are definitely just as bad. Why even vote, when one side will take away healthcare services and the other side will sing at you? Shameful.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #464
samsnee
Side-Kick

Because it was almost joyous how they were happy that Republicans might lose seats now. People are going to die now and be turned down for pre-existing conditions if this thing becomes law. It just wasn't the right time or place.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #465
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:

"Clean" in regards to energy is a buzzword but it is in contrast to fossil fuels. China may be buying lots of coal but they are also leading the forefront in green energy because they consume such a massive amount and are in the midst of some of the worst air pollution the world has ever seen.

I really wish those stupid hippies didn't scare the public with their misunderstanding of nuclear energy in the late 80's because we could have curbed a lot of damage done by fossil fuels with nuclear power plants across the country on a larger scale than the few we have now.

Ya toxic waste is really bad and the only "good" option to get rid of it is to shoot it off the planet but then we open another can of worms with how many of us would be comfortable with a rocket loaded down with nuclear waste flying over them on a regular basis?

Pros and cons to all our options, such is life.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #466
MaceB
Side-Kick

Hey, it might not be to your taste. That's fine. But make no mistake. What the dems did might be slightly annoying. What the republicans did was morally reprehensible. Both sides are NOT equal.

And on the side note, I think it was totally appropriate. We're not going to wait for a convenient time to tell you how wrong you are. Republicans deserve to be shamed... they deserve to have tomatoes thrown at them through the streets. It's time that we realize that they won't feel shame on their own. We must shame them. And there will be times when folks say "hey dude, we're eating. This isn't the right time!" There's no wrong time or place anymore. If your policies lead to more preventable deaths, then you should be afraid to go out in public, constantly afraid of the vicious reaming that you'll undoubtedly get. We should be relentless against these folks.

Old 05-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #467
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
As compared to the Republican's using the Rocky theme before and having a kegger afterwards? Would you rather them brawl on the floor? What is the proper reaction to the AHCA, which again, passed by TWO VOTES.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #468
samsnee
Side-Kick

You let the other side cheer for kicking people off insurance.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #469
MaceB
Side-Kick

I let the other side say whatever they want. It's their right.

But essentially booing folks for taking away the coverage of Americans... I don't think Dems have anything to be ashamed of on that one. If you act like a horrible person, then you deserve to be treated like a horrible person. You're free to complain about it. And I'm free not to care.

If anything, Dems should openly chastise Republicans MORE OFTEN.. not less.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:54 AM   #470
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Roland Martin on why identity politics matter and why Bill Maher's advice to Democrats misses some key points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBUo6iKlCb8

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #471
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Senator Uses Logan to Perfectly Explain the Future of America's Job Market

Old 05-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #472
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Could be worse, could be this logan

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:36 AM   #473
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

This has to do with the title of the TV show Supergirl, discussed at another forum..especially the season 2 finale "Nevertheless She Persisted." It supposedly was a phrase used by leftist/progressive mentally unstable New World Order supporting Mass. Senator Elizabeth Warren, you know who CLAIMS to be of Cherokee heritage. Well according to the blog The Gateway Pundit, she gets called out by the Cherokees about her heritage...with just two simple words...

PROVE IT!

Quote:
V.A. Shiva, an Indian-born entrepreneur and scientist, recently publicly challenged Elizabeth Warren to submit a DNA test to prove that she is Cherokee as she has so frequently claimed.
Then again most people who vote left-wing watch these trashy talk shows like Maury Povich and Steve Wilkos which does these DNA tests to prove paternity.

And there's more where that came from in a video embedded in the article.

Quote:
One of the first speakers brings up a number of good points:

“Elizabeth Warren, being someone that has a professorship should have some type of ethics. How can you trust a person like that? If they’re willing to lie about themselves and where they’re from and who they are, you know? My name is Dale French, I was born and raised here on the Cherokee Indian reservation, and I just don’t approve of that . . .”

WELL LIE-A-WATHA...PROVE YOURSELF...OR ARE YOU A COWARD?

Andrew Breitbart, internet journalism pioneer (1969-2012)
Robert_Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #474
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Wha? Like... Wha? The middle is especially confused. So... People that vote "Left Wing" (trust me... You have ZERO/NIL/NULL SET idea about being in a country with an actual LEFTIST movement.) advocate for DNA testing cuz of TV... So you and others are advocating for DNA testing?

Confused.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #475
MaceB
Side-Kick

To those who say they want Warren to run in 2020... I'd like you to always remember... Robert.

Who bravely here, before us, demonstrated the absolute insanity of the conservative media machine. I'm telling you... this trivial, stupid, baseless Cherokee thing WILL stick against her if she goes against President Trump. If he's good at anything, it's at slinging mud and making it stick. Look what they did with Hillary. Do you really want to go through that again? To have a highly credible intelligent woman thrown into the gutter for minor transgressions?

We need someone new or someone who can go up against this idiocy (of which Robert just demonstrated perfectly) Does it matter that her parents told her that she was part Cherokee as a kid? No. Does it matter that she might, in fact, be part Cherokee? No. Does it matter that she is still an exceptionally brilliant and qualified indidivual who undoubtedly deserved to be at Harvard? No. Does it matter if she apologizes? No. Can we keep this sort of thing in perspective, comparing it to say... Trump's tax returns? No.

I think we really need to appreciate how ill informed these people are (Thanks again to Robert for giving us such a solid example). They don't care that they are ill-informed... they think it's better that way. They don't need evidence. The ridiculous, absurd, idiotic Cherokee thing has sticking power - I'm telling you - and that's actually why she shouldn't run. God help this country.