The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 04-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #876
X Knight
Meow!!

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I'm the same. I'm not an X-Box guy. It's not some weird grudge, or fanboyism, the brand just doesn't do anything for me. PlayStation has proved to me 4 gens in a row that they put out quality. PS3, out of every console proved to be my favorite generation, a big part of that was PS exclusives. The same way some guys are just drawn to Nintendo exclusives, I'm the same way with Sony.

I've owned one X-Box, the original, and it just did nothing for me. I remember playing Half-Life 2 on it, and questioning why I was playing a heavily watered down version of it, when my PC already had it. At the time I played FPS game on PC, and just didn't see the point.

This is how I look at it. PlayStation, and Nintendo exclusives you typically can't get anywhere else (outside of PC emulation). PC gaming is something I enjoy as well. X-Box exclusives tend to go on PC as well. Also since I've slowly gotten out of FPS's, X-Box exclusives don't do it for me. Halo, Gears, and Forza just aren't my thing. Only 2 X-Box exclusives really tempted me, Mass Effect, and Alan Wake, one of which stopped being an exclusive.

I have NP with the brand, or others liking it, it's just not my thing. I still want it healthy though, as competition is good. I liked Sega a lot too, and hated seeing it go under. In fact, as a kid I was definitely a Sega Genesis over SNES kid. It wasn't until FFVII on PS1 that I got into RPG's. Looking back with my current taste I probably favor the RPG's on SNES more now.
I'm not particularly brand loyal. When it comes to multi-media features, the X1 ( especially the S model ) has the PS4 beat hands down.

which is ironic, because the PS3 was such a fantastic all-in-one multi-media machine that I ended up using it more than my 360, despite owning a 360 first.

However, when it comes to games and game variety, there's no question the PS4 has the X1 beat.

And a game like Persona 5 just reminded me how much I like the "old school" turn-based RPGs. In addition to the Japanese-anime style of the game.

and those are 2 things that you don't find on the X1.

I'm interested to see what the Scorpio has to bring. but if RPGs and other Japanese style games keep coming out for the PS4, and now the Switch, it's going to be hard to justify the higher price of the Scorpio, regardless of its extra power.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:42 AM   #877
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed. Especially considering the Scorpio will likely at least be $500-600. The PS4 Pro is doing ok, but it didn't exactly light the world on fire. Many console gamers are happy if they can just play new games at 30FPS. The people willing to rebuy a console for $600 for a 5-10 FPS boost, and better lighting aren't as numerous as people who will go for the cheaper model. If specs were all console owners cared for, the Switch wouldn't be selling as well as it is.

IMO, I see it going like this. Scorpio sees a month, or two of good sales causing XB1 to outsell the PS4, at least in the US. The net goes crazy saying Microsoft will win this gen. Enthusiasm settles down as those willing to pay double the price for an XB1 will have gotten their unit. Sony counters with a Pro price drop, things go back to normal. Meanwhile Nintendo happily keeps chugging along at it's own pace.
Agree I see Scorpio having a slight short lived boost just because it is the new thing but with the system having no games just like xbox, xbox 360 and xbox one I dont see Scorpio sales lasting. With Ps4 most likely having the slim dropped down to 250-200 and with Pro being most likely dropped to 350-300 around the time Scorpio comes out and with all the games ps4 has coming out this year or in the next year such has Spider-Man, TLOU 2, days gone etc Sony will continue to be in great shape and dosnt really look at slowing down any time soon.

Quote:
I'm the same. I'm not an X-Box guy. It's not some weird grudge, or fanboyism, the brand just doesn't do anything for me. PlayStation has proved to me 4 gens in a row that they put out quality. PS3, out of every console proved to be my favorite generation, a big part of that was PS exclusives. The same way some guys are just drawn to Nintendo exclusives, I'm the same way with Sony.

I've owned one X-Box, the original, and it just did nothing for me. I remember playing Half-Life 2 on it, and questioning why I was playing a heavily watered down version of it, when my PC already had it. At the time I played FPS game on PC, and just didn't see the point.

This is how I look at it. PlayStation, and Nintendo exclusives you typically can't get anywhere else (outside of PC emulation). PC gaming is something I enjoy as well. X-Box exclusives tend to go on PC as well. Also since I've slowly gotten out of FPS's, X-Box exclusives don't do it for me. Halo, Gears, and Forza just aren't my thing. Only 2 X-Box exclusives really tempted me, Mass Effect, and Alan Wake, one of which stopped being an exclusive.

I have NP with the brand, or others liking it, it's just not my thing. I still want it healthy though, as competition is good. I liked Sega a lot too, and hated seeing it go under. In fact, as a kid I was definitely a Sega Genesis over SNES kid. It wasn't until FFVII on PS1 that I got into RPG's. Looking back with my current taste I probably favor the RPG's on SNES more now.

Yes competition is always a good thing its just xbox sucks they don't make good games where Sony gen after gen makes a lot of good/great games so I trust them going forward to continue to do that just like Disney makes a lot of great animated movies so they have my trust. Its not some crazy fanboy thing either. Just because I like something dosnt mean I will not complain about some stuff such has I also like Nintendo games and systems a lot but yet I thought the wii was crap or how I love star wars but it didn't stop me from hatting star wars episode 1 or 2. I judge ever thing on its own. The only thing that a previes game, movie, system etc does is create or take away hype from the next one for me but the previes one is going to have zero impact on if I like the next one or not.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:09 PM   #878
zenith16
Side-Kick

• NEWSHere's What's Coming to PlayStation This Week 5/1/2017 Today at 11:04 am

Every week, new games launch on PlayStation consoles, be it Vita, PS4 or even PS3 still. This week,...
    Read more
  • Quote:
  • Prey, along with plenty others, grace the stage.
  • Every week, new games launch on PlayStation consoles, be it Vita, PS4 or even PS3 still. This week, Prey finally hits shelves after years of hype. Following that, we've also got the first episode of Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy. There are plenty more listed below, check it out:
  • ACA NeoGeo Last Resort

PS4 — Digital (Out 5/1)

Last Resort is a shoot 'em up from SNK that was originally launched in 1992. Using lasers, homing shots and grenades in this old school classic to win the war between robots and humanity. Just like playing on the Neo Geo.
    The Caligula Effect

PS Vita - Digital (Out 5/1)

The Caligula Effect is a Vita title from a Persona veteran writer Tadashi Satomi and published by Atlus. It takes place inside a digital prison filled with brainwashed high school students. With a custom made "Imagination Chain" battle system that shows what a move will do before the player actually does it.
    Dreamfall Chapters

PS4 — Digital (Out 5/5)

Set in two parallel worlds: One is a grim cyberpunk version of our future, while the other is a magical fantasy realm. Dreamfall Chapters follows two different heroes across both worlds to save the fabric of reality itself.
    The Dreamfall series is a point-and-click adventure.
    Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series

PS4 — Retail (Out 5/1)

Guardians of the Galaxy releases in theaters very soon. While the game is unrelated to the movie, the release time is no coincidence. For a stand-alone story of the universe's most unlikely heroes, grab Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series and buckle into your spacecraft.
    Prey

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 5/5)

Prey is a highly anticipated return to a beloved series. In Prey, you're the subject of an experiment... Of course, things go wrong and you must use your wits, weapons and strange, newfound abilities to survive the horrific aliens.
    That's our list of games we're excited for this week. For a full list of PlayStation releases, check out the PlayStation Blog.

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #879
zenith16
Side-Kick

PlayStation 3, PSP, PS Vita, PlayStation 4
PlayStation Network Golden Week Sale 2017: Gravity Rush, Digimon, Dragon Quest, and more

Published 17 hours ago. 81 comments.

source: Gematsu

Details in the article it's self

Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #880
zenith16
Side-Kick

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
Sony E3 2017 press conference set for June 12
Published 23 mins ago. 15 comments.
Quote:
Sony sticks to its usual time on Monday.

Sony Interactive Entertainment America will host its E3 2017 press conference at its usual time on Monday, June 12 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET at the The Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall in Los Angeles, the company announced.

Here’s the full schedule of E3 press conferences so far:
June 10
June 11
June 12
  • 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET – Sony Interactive Entertainment
Unannounced
Thanks, @GeoffKeighley and IGN.

Read More

PlayStation 4,PS Vita,E3 2017,SIE,SIEA

Old Today, 04:30 PM   #881
zenith16
Side-Kick

Two articles from the same place

PlayStation 4
PlayStation E3 Experience 2017 announced

Published 5 hours ago. 33 comments.
Quote:
Sony presser to broadcast in 85 theaters.

Sony Interactive Entertainment America has announced plans for its PlayStation E3 movie theater experience this year. On June 12, over 85 theaters across the United States, Canada, and Latin America will broadcast Sony’s E3 2017 press conference.

Attendees will take home an exclusive poster and #76 from the PlayStation Collectable Card series.

Tickets will be available free of charge at PlayStation.com starting May 30 at 10:00 a.m. PT while supplies last on a first-come, first-served basis. Sony notes that you should arrive early if you get a ticket, as receiving a ticket does not guarantee you a seat. You must be 17 years of age or older to attend.
Here’s the full list of theaters:

Theater Name City State / Province

Anchorage 16m Anchorage AK

Trussville Stadium 16 Birmingham AL

Mobile Stadium 18 Mobile AL

Tinseltown BentonBenton AR

Surprise 14 Surprise AZ

Century Park Place 20 Tucson AZ

Daly City 20Daly CityCA

Century City 15Los AngelesCA

LA Live 14 Los Angeles CA

Century 20 Downtown Redwood City Redwood CityCA

Mission Valley 20 San DiegoCA

Van Ness 14San Francisco CA

Denver Pavilions 15 Denver CO

Meadows 12 Lone Tree CO

Bloomfield 8 Bloomfield CT
Gallery Place 14 Washington DC

Brandywine Town Center 16 Wilmington DE

Avenues 20 Jacksonville FL

Waterford Lakes 20 Orlando FL

Sunset Place 24South Miami FL

Sawgrass 23 Sunrise FL

Hollywood 24 @ N I-85Chamblee GA

Dole Cannery Stadium 18 Honolulu HI

Davenport 53 IMAX Davenport IA

Boise Stadium 22 Boise ID

River East 21 Chicago IL

Galaxy 14 Indianapolis IN

Hollywood Stadium 14 TopekaTopeka KS

Tinseltown Louisville LouisvilleKY

Elmwood Palace 20 Elmwood LA

Fenway Stadium 13 Boston MA

Solomon Pond 15 Marlborough MA

Rockville Center 13 Rockville MD

Brunswick 10 Brunswick ME

Lansing Mall 12 Lansing MI

Brooklyn Center 20 Minneapolis MN

Kansas City 18 Cinemas Kansas City MO

Gallatin Valley Cinemas 11 Bozeman MT

Stonecrest At Piper Glen 22Charlotte NC

North Hills Stadium 14 Raleigh NC

Oakview Plaza 24 Omaha NE

Fox Run Stadium 15NewingtonNH

Hamilton 24 Hamilton NJ

Seacourt 10Toms RiverNJ

Century 14 Downtown Albuquerque Albuquerque NM

Village Square 18Las Vegas NV

Union Square 14New York NY

E-Walk 42nd Street 13New York NY

Transit Center 18 plus IMAX Williamsville NY

Georgesville Square 16 Columbus OH

Milford 16 Milford OH

Tinseltown USA Oklahoma City Oklahoma City OK

Lloyd Center 10 Cinema Portland OR

Riverview Plaza 17Philadelphia PA

Cinemark 17 Pittsburgh Mills plus IMAXTarentum PA

Sandhill Stadium Cinema 16ColumbiaSC

Sioux Falls Stadium 14Sioux FallsS DO

pry Mills 20 plus IMAXNashvilleTN

Metropolitan Stadium 14AustinTX

Northpark Center 15 DallasTX

Houston Marq’e Stadium 23HoustonTX

Cielo Vista 18San AntonioTX

Salt Lake City 16Salt Lake CityUT

Westchester Common 16MidlothianVA

Lynnhaven 18Virginia BeachVA

Lincoln Square CinemasBellevue WA

Pacific Place 11Seattle WA

Renaissance Cinema Sturtevant WI

Morgantown Stadium 12 MorgantownWV

Fox Theater 6Laramie WY

Scotiabank Theatre Chinook Calgary Alberta

Cineplex Cinema Metropolis Burnaby British Columbia

Scotiabank Theatre Winnipeg Winnipeg Manitoba

Scotiabank Theatre Toronto Toronto Ontario

Cinéma Banque Scotia

Montréal Montréal Quebec

Latin American users can check PlayStation Blog Brazil soon for more information on which theaters are participating and how to get tickets.
E3 2017 runs from June 13 to 15.
Read More

PlayStation 4, E3 2017, SIE, SIEA

PlayStation 3

PlayStation 3 production ended in Japan
Published 2 hours ago. 115 comments.

Quote:
That's a wrap

PlayStation 3 production has ended in Japan, the official Japanese PlayStation website revealed.

The page for the 500 gigabyte standard model, the only remaining PlayStation 3 model in production in Japan, lists shipments as “ended.”

PlayStation 3 first launched in November 2006.

Read More

PlayStation 3,Japan,PlayStation 3,SIE,SIEJA

Old Today, 05:08 PM   #882
Dave McFly
WONDER WOMAN!!

Rip ps3

PSN ID: davemcfly85
XBOX ID: davemcfly85
Dave McFly is offline   Reply With Quote