Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #751
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Fast and Furious 6 Is A Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
Yeah, he's the only thing I dislike about these films.
I most likely wouldn't watch him in anything else but I think Walker and Vin play off each other well in these movies.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #752
dude stannis
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I most likely wouldn't watch him in anything else but I think Walker and Vin play off each other well in these movies.
I liked it when there was an air of tension between them because Brian was/is a cop. When they're bros, it's nothing interesting.

He was ok in Running Scared though.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #753
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk1968 View Post
Looks awesome!

Now somebody make a Need for Speed movie
already in production!

Aaron Paul, the dude from Breaking Bad, is starring in it

Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #754
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

The big dude that Rock is clotheslining looks like Brock Lesnar

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #755
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I liked it when there was an air of tension between them because Brian was/is a cop. When they're bros, it's nothing interesting.

He was ok in Running Scared though.
I thought it was a fun buddy dynamic in Fast 5, and you always get the feeling Dom is one scene away from being mad at him.

I bought that from a bargain bucket years ago but never got around to watching it.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #756
dude stannis
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I bought that from a bargain bucket years ago but never got around to watching it.
It's not bad, but not great. Very energetic. But the overuse of swearing was like the gangbangers from End of Watch. It got grating.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #757
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Man I can't wait!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #758
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Who said action movies are dead?
I am tired of all these wrestlers getting A billed in huge summer movies and taking over franchises. Rock is an awful actor but somehow is in everything. He was the worst part of the last movie. His lines were gawdawful. I also don't like how they try these over the top silly wrestling moves in movies like Dom carrying the guy on his shoulders while Rock clothes lines him...it's just stupid to me. It's like they are trying to get more over the top each movie. Next time it's gonna have Stallone and Schwarzenegger and they will hijack a car shipment to Mars.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #759
jacobed
Banned User

I think Dwayne is a phenomenal actor. He has so much charisma. Just because his lines were bad doesn't mean he is

Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #760
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
It looks absurd, but then again I surprisingly enjoyed the crap out of the last one.
Haha, my thoughts exactly.

And unlike other wrestlers who've tried to act, the Rock has actual charisma, so I don't mind him at all.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #761
Liam_H
Side-Kick

The Rock is not an awful actor. The guy has great charisma, most of his lines in the last movie were funny because he was turned all the way up. And yes they are trying to go bigger with each movie, the fact that they bring down a plane should say so.

Spill

Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #762
Project862006
Banned User

yeah rock is a great actor

Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #763
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I wouldn't necessarily call Arnold or Sylvester Stallone "great actors" either - they're 'action heroes,' the only one I recall who is primarily (has been in more action movie than any other genre) an action hero in the 'classic action film' and a legitimately good actor is Bruce Willis (maybe more that I'm forgetting, I didn't count Liam Neeson since I'm pretty sure he's just become an action hero more recently in his career). More recently another actor that seems to be 'classic action hero,' but also not the best of actors - Jason Statham. Basically, they get the job done with charisma and seem like bad asses.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 02-04-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #764
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Name the best movie Rock has been in. Sean Williams Scott has a ton of charisma. So does Johnny Knoxville.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #765
Project862006
Banned User

stallone was much better actor than arnold tho imo

Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #766
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

oh great not this again.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #767
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Name the best movie Rock has been in.
why waste our breathes you would just say the move is ****

loss cause here

Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #768
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
why waste our breathes you would just say the move is ****

loss cause here
Can't do it?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #769
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Looks ****in' awesome

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 02-04-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #770
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I find a lot of oddities here.

1) When has this series ever had the best of actors?
2) When have "just action hero" actors been the best of actors?
3) I'd say The Rock has been in entertaining movies, but not the "best" if looked at critically like it seems you are. But I'd say the same for every "just action" hero movies outside of the 80s. These are fun movies, not academy award nominee movies.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #771
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

We need a gif of the plane being taken down with Vin flying out of the cockpit. This movie looks like Fast Five on steroids...great thing!

www.youtube.com/maffmanjones

LIVE BREATHE STAR WARS

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIGKiSrnZL3Nz0mA61ZKLw
Old 02-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #772
jacobed
Banned User

The best thing about all these absurd stunts so far is that you can easily tell that they are all mostly practical. They all look stunning

Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #773
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I find a lot of oddities here.

1) When has this series ever had the best of actors?
2) When have "just action hero" actors been the best of actors?
3) I'd say The Rock has been in entertaining movies, but not the "best" if looked at critically like it seems you are. But I'd say the same for every "just action" hero movies outside of the 80s. These are fun movies, not academy award nominee movies.
I am totally fine with action heroes and action movies but my complaint is that this series is becoming more and more over the top and it seems like franchises such as this one for whatever reason are dying to get wrestling stars in lead roles when they are usually always the weak links in movies. I do not know why people get so excited over Rock. I am also not a huge fan of Ahnold and my favorite movie of his is the one where he plays a stiff robot with no emotions. I have no idea how Arnold still gets work. It's movie studios trying to cash in on nostalgia. We can get great action movies with great casts. There are plenty out there. You don't have to watch WWE to find the next action star but I think that is what some of these producers are doing.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #774
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Do you not think you are the minority in thinking Dwayne Johnson is a terrible actor with no charisma?

I don't know why you're surprised they're trying to go bigger.

Spill

Old 02-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #775
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

As far as I know the only wrestler is The Rock and he started appearing in action movies -- way back in 2003. He isn't a "new wrestler becoming an actor" that they just pulled in out of nowhere. He was in the last film, so with a building cast like this franchise - it would be a MASSIVE let down considering the pull his character had in the previous film and connectivity these movies now have. They've kind of become like kick ass soap operas for dudes in how drawn out the story is. Alright, so - you're saying you're not even an Arnold fan outside of 'Terminator' even of his earlier work, that says all that you need to in regards there. We DO get great action movies with great casts, this is more of an "action hero" actor type cast - which it seems you have a problem with, thus obviously these films aren't made for you. Go watch one of the action films that revolve around the cast's acting abilities, that's your thing. And again - your last sentence makes absolutely no sense unless another wrestler was brought in and there it would have nothing to do with The Rock since he's had movies for 10 years now. I would hardly call an action hero actor who's been in movies for 10 years as them trying to "find the next action star" - since he's been in movies for quite some time now...

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 02-04-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Closed Thread