The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #601
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

Default Re: Community - Part 3

Nope. Not once. Kinda sad actually. John Michael Higgins and Kevin Corrigan's characters were great too

Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #602
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Old 12-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #603
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

That's hot

Old 12-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #604
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post

Great. Now I need to get a new pair of pants.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 12-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #605
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

Oh wow!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #606
dark_b
Side-Kick

Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #607
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Is that from a a photo shoot?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #608
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Is that from a a photo shoot?
Nope. JMC did it. Along with Amber Heard as Thor and Sandra Bullock as Iron Man.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 12-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #609
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

yeah, there is talks of Brie been in Captain American 2 .

Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #610
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

So.... No Avengers episode?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #611
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://hoursago.tumblr.com/post/2750...night-premiere

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
study group at the avengers midnight premiere?!!
for some loser who came up most of this
  • Troy and Abed decided they were gonna be awesome and somehow convinced everyone else to dress up too
  • Annie got really into it with them and suited up as Hawkeye
  • Jeff “Accidentally Handsome” Winger came as Tony Stark. What, he totally wears this, didn’t you see that movie?
  • Britta britta’d it. I mean, her favorite superhero is X-Man.
  • Shirley borrowed Hulk smash gloves from her boys!!
  • Pierce just really liked the concept of Captain America (i’m so sorry steve)
  • Same with Chang and Nick Fury (i’m so sorry sir)
  • Who else, honestly

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #612
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Lol. I love Britta.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #613
Sawyer
High King

That drawing of Pelton as Black Widow is oddly arousing. The actual thing would probably be fairly horrifying, but the drawing is kinda doing it for me... it's like Widow as a naughty librarian.

Why are you all looking at me like that?

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #614
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Megan Ganz is graduating Greendale.

The Michigan native and former Onion writer, who spent the past three seasons as part of the staff on NBC's cult comedy Community, announced Wednesday evening that she is moving to a writing job at ABC's Emmy-winning comedy Modern Family.

Ganz broke the news in an open letter to fans on Reddit's Community fan forum, recalling the first episode that she wrote, season two's "Cooperative Caligraphy," which aired in November 2010. In total, she has written six full episodes for the show, which stars Joel McHale, Donald Glover, Alison Brie, Dani Pudi, Jim Rash, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Ken Jeong and Chevy Chase, who left the show with two episodes left in the coming fourth season.

"For the last three years, the sum total of my contribution to this planet (in terms of effort, passion, and things I let myself go soft and pimply for) could be described as follows: Community," Ganz wrote in her letter. "Recently, I was offered a job writing for Modern Family, and although it's unclear what will happen with Community for the fifth season (or the sixth season, or the movie), I've decided to take this new position. Tomorrow is my first day and I'm excited and scared to start this new … well, everything. I'm sure the coffee will probably be the same."

Ganz became one of the show's best-known writers through her Twitter account, and she stayed on for the fourth season even after the exit of the show's creator, Dan Harmon. Community's truncated fourth season is set to air in February, having been pushed back to midseason. It will consist of 13 episodes; Ganz wrote the season's finale show, which might prove to be the series finale, as well.

"This isn't the end of me and Greendale," she wrote. "Community was my world for four seasons and my job for three, and has hold of my whole heart like a bad-news high school boyfriend. I'll never really get away. The chemistry is too perfect and the writing room couches aren't really that uncomfortable to sleep on and I just can't stop writing for Britta."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...mmunity-407941

Old 01-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #615
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
That drawing of Pelton as Black Widow is oddly arousing. The actual thing would probably be fairly horrifying, but the drawing is kinda doing it for me... it's like Widow as a naughty librarian.

Why are you all looking at me like that?
It's obvious which video I'm going for.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #616
Sawyer
High King

Fail. This one would've been more appropriate...

You better get on top things, kiddo, or I'll have to find a new rival.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #617
Shifty
Chief of Surgery

Happy for Megan Ganz, going to the most successful comedy on right now. Sucks for Community.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #618
dark_b
Side-Kick

Old 01-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #619
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://badassdigest.com/2013/01/07/n...ng-it-for-fun/

Quote:
Published January 07, 2013 by Evan Saathoff
NBC Not Murdering COMMUNITY, Merely Torturing It For Fun

NBC's Bob Greenblatt offers fans false hope.

Of all the people who write for Badass Digest, I probably like Community the least. But of all the people who write for Badass Digest, I'm the only one currently awake, so this story falls upon me.

The Television Critics Association Convention is currently happening in Pasadena, California. I am not there, but it almost feels like I am thanks to all the TCA hashtags on my twitter feed. Most of the news isn't that interesting, but NBC head honcho Bob Greenblatt did say something about Community, a show I get the impression you guys might like a little.

According to Greenblatt (known simply as "Blatt" to friends and onomatopoeia enthusiasts), NBC doesn't want to cancel Community. They fired its showrunner and shortened its fourth season, but they really don't want to get rid of it, presumably because then they'd have to start torturing a show they legitimately enjoy. So maybe it will get a fifth season after all.

Speaking just of season four, what kind of Community can we expect when the show returns approximately June 16th, 2016? Greenblatt promises, "I think you'll see the same show that you did before, maybe with a little bit more heart built into it."

Personally, I felt the show already had a bit too much heart in it. But its emotional core seems to be what makes everyone love it so much anyway, so maybe the show will be even better than it was before! You will now cry your ass off every episode, even the funny ones. The surely upcoming "Abed reveals childhood abuse and attempts to commit suicide by asking himself a paradoxical question" episode should prove especially popular.

Source: Screen Junkies

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #620
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://collider.com/community-season...e-clip/223368/

Quote:
Sneak Peek from COMMUNITY Season 4 Premiere Shows the Dean’s Version of THE HUNGER GAMES

by Brendan Bettinger Posted: January 10th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, and Joel McHale introduce the first extended clip from season 4 of Community, and you laugh, because it is three funny men who have learned how to play off each other well over the last few years. Then they get to the clip, a Hunger Games spoof that thanks to an unfortunate midseason premiere is probably several months past timely. A scheduling mishap led to overbooking the popular class History of Ice Cream, so the dean leads the students to the extravagant “Hunger Deans” to fight it out for a spot in the class.

It feels sterile (“Hunger Deans” is not funny, right?), but I can’t deny my prejudice about anything new in a post-Dan HarmonCommunity. I will try to keep an open mind when Community returns on February 7, because I really am dying to see if one of my favorite shows can still be great, or if the creator’s departure will bury it. Watch the clip after the break.

The synopsis for the Season 4 premiere, “History 101″:
The Study Group returns from summer break ready to tackle their fourth year of Community College. Jeff (Joel McHale) is particularly focused on graduating and is just a few credits away. When there is a mix-up with a history class registration, Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) institutes an elaborate physical competition for class space. Meanwhile, Britta (Gillian Jacobs) helps Abed (Danny Pudi) deal with the anxiety he is experiencing over the thought of the study group graduating and breaking up. Chevy Chase, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Donald Glover and Ken Jeong also star.

"

Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #621
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Looks promising.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #622
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

god I can't wait

Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #623
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

I actually thought the clip was pretty funny...even though yeah..."The Hunger Deans?"...not even trying on the name huh?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #624
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Fail. This one would've been more appropriate...

You better get on top things, kiddo, or I'll have to find a new rival.
I prefer straight and to the point.

By the way, you get your BF Dean in another dress in that last clip.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #625
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

It seems weird that the cast sure didn't tweet much during the making of s4 unlike during the Harmon reign...