The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #426
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: Joss Whedon developing Marvel SHIELD series for ABC - Part 1

so..basically... Rage = Luke Cage

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #427
DigificWriter
Banned User

Default Re: Marvel's 'Agents of SHIELD' general discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Does the show have a release date?
Not yet; ABC announces its broadcast schedule tomorrow, though, so we only have one more day to wait until we find out when the show will air.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #428
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

Pure speculation, but could the September 4, 2013 date seen on this badge potentially be the series premier date?

Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #429
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Very "Rage"-y character, you mean.

You know how Marvel starts all their trailers with the logo and a bunch of comic book panels about the character(s) who are actually in the movie? Same intro happens with "Agents of SHIELD," of course, and the character shown in the comic book panels is Rage.
Good call, it didn't even occur to me to examine that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Clark Gregg revealed on Twitter than the lovely Lola is a '62 Corvette. She is a beauty. (And now The Kinks song is running through my head, alternating with Little Red Corvette....)

Gah, I should have kept looking. I stopped at 60 or 61 and figured it was close enough.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #430
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroapoc View Post
Pure speculation, but could the September 4, 2013 date seen on this badge potentially be the series premier date?

Dunno, but if that's the case, hopefully that means ABC has it locked through at least September 2019.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #431
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It's gone up 1%, from 22 to 23, in the last 12 hours

http://www.agentsofshield.com/
Arghh too slow!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #432
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
so..basically... Rage = Luke Cage
Essentially, yeah. Same powerset, it's just that Rage is the "teenage" version (well, 13-year old whose body has aged to that of a 30 year old). He was basically the resident brick of The New Warriors.

Actually, the marvel.wikia official ratings list Luke Cage at Strength 4, Durability 5, Fighting 4; and Rage at Strength 6, Durability 5, Fighting 3. Rage is actually stronger than Luke Cage, and has even stood toe to toe with Big Green during World War Hulk.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #433
Donut
Banned User

I wonder if any of these characters will show up in the movies. Especially if they end up popular enough

Old 05-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #434
Destructus86
Side-Kick

So, I know nothing about New Warriors...but this Rage guy sounds exactly like Cage to me...is there a difference?

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #435
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I wonder if any of these characters will show up in the movies. Especially if they end up popular enough

I think the initial plan is "no," and Joss might actually have a quote to that effect somewhere, I dunno; but it's probably going to boil down to just how popular the show gets. If it takes off --- really takes off and becomes a huge hit --- I can't see how they wouldn't want to pad Avengers and other franchises with a cameo here and there of a beloved TV character.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #436
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I think they are going to take this opportunity to bring in some lesser known heroes and especially villains.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #437
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think at first we are more likely to see characters from the movies showing up on this show, specifically SLJ and maybe even RDJ. We know that Batroc is going to be in CA:TWS, he'd be the type of villain that would make a good antagonist in SHIELD, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Agent 13 make an appearance. Al that said, I think this show will try to establish the main cast and explore Marvel characters that we have not seen before and if any of them prove popular, I could see future appearances in film.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #438
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

I can see characters such as Luke Cage, if he's introduced in this series, being in the movies.

Can't imagine any of the agents could have much more than a cameo in any of the movies though.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #439
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
So, I know nothing about New Warriors...but this Rage guy sounds exactly like Cage to me...is there a difference?
In power sets, they're pretty much the same character. Rage is a lot stronger than Cage, though, and has strength levels that sometimes push into the Hulk range.

Backstory --- Luke was a prisoner who got his powers involuntarily from some racist pigs who conducted experiments on him in jail. When Cage got out, he became a private eye/mercenary. Rage was a 13-year old kid who got superpowers after accidental exposure to toxic waste that caused him to also age rapidly to about 30. After being kept out of the Avengers for being "too young" (technically, he was still 13), he joined The New Warriors instead.

Costume --- Luke Cage wears a yellow shirt. Of some sort or other. But always yellow. (No yellow shirt in the TV preview, btw.) Rage wears a luchador mask. (No luchador mask in the TV preview, btw.)

I think ultimately it comes down to *either* Cage or Rage, but I think the essential question here is whether or not the show will debut a B-lister like Cage or a D-lister like Rage. We've discussed this for, what, years now, but I think the point of the show is *not* to bring in big names --- save those for potential film projects instead.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #440
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
Banned User

loved the preview, think this show is gonna be epic. can't wait to see how it ties into the MCU as a whole too

Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #441
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Some trailer screengrabs...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 05-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #442
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

And more...

Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #443
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
And more...

Don't touch Lola
Quote:
I mentioned/brought up this thought in the other thread, but so it looks like Coulson is examining a holographic reconstruction of an explosion, you can see it a little bit in this screengrab and going frame by frame in the trailer the source looks like it might be human shaped - could this be some type of link to the Extremis story-line from IM3? *just a thought that popped in my head*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #444
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I'm thinking the same thing at this point. In the screengrab you can see other holographic things in front of him, showing it's not some energy being materializing or something like that.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #445
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Don't touch Lola

I mentioned/brought up this thought in the other thread, but so it looks like Coulson is examining a holographic reconstruction of an explosion, you can see it a little bit in this screengrab and going frame by frame in the trailer the source looks like it might be human shaped - could this be some type of link to the Extremis story-line from IM3? *just a thought that popped in my head*
I've been seeing a lot of Extremis-related speculation, not just around this promo but in general. And of course, with IM3 fresh in our minds, that's to be expected. But I really think we need to anticipate this series being a universe-expander, not a universe-connector. From everything that has been said by Whedon and others regarding its connection to the MCU, I do think that the show will branch out towards unreached corners of the MCU rather than connect and revisit old ones.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #446
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

According to the newspaper Harley gives Tony in IM3, the film takes place in December 2013.

If some of the characters in this show get their IDs in September 2013, that means some of the show takes place before or during IM3.
I'm guessing we'll see Extremis stuff, which explains that shot of Coulson viewing a reversed Extremis explosion.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #447
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
In power sets, they're pretty much the same character. Rage is a lot stronger than Cage, though, and has strength levels that sometimes push into the Hulk range.

Backstory --- Luke was a prisoner who got his powers involuntarily from some racist pigs who conducted experiments on him in jail. When Cage got out, he became a private eye/mercenary. Rage was a 13-year old kid who got superpowers after accidental exposure to toxic waste that caused him to also age rapidly to about 30. After being kept out of the Avengers for being "too young" (technically, he was still 13), he joined The New Warriors instead.

Costume --- Luke Cage wears a yellow shirt. Of some sort or other. But always yellow. (No yellow shirt in the TV preview, btw.) Rage wears a luchador mask. (No luchador mask in the TV preview, btw.)

I think ultimately it comes down to *either* Cage or Rage, but I think the essential question here is whether or not the show will debut a B-lister like Cage or a D-lister like Rage. We've discussed this for, what, years now, but I think the point of the show is *not* to bring in big names --- save those for potential film projects instead.
Was wondering if we'll ever see Cloak n Dagger myself.
I mean for the longest time there was talk of a TV show. THIS could be a good start.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #448
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Don't touch Lola

I was thinking it could be some of the Armor being blown up in IM3. That Rectangle in the center there looks like a couple of the Chest Arcs

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #449
StarLord

For those who use Twitter, Joss has joined under @JossActual

The shows official Twitter is @AgentsofSHIELD

Old 05-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #450
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

oooooNICE thanks Lash!