Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #351
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I do think there is potential in a remake, if only for the changes in how dinosaurs are viewed in the 20 years since the original.

We now know that Velociraptors looked something like this...

That would change the whole look of the film. We haven't really seen anything like that on screen before.

They had semi-feathered raptors in jurasic park 3

Besides they've always known raptors were small the "raptors" in the movie were really deinonychus.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:13 AM   #352
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Well, the Utahraptor would probably like to make an appearance on the big screen.

Make the old raptors look like compies.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #353
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Utahraptor would be cool.

The one cool thing about JP3 was the Spinosaurus.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #354
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Ugh I hated the spinosaurus. The T-rex is way cooler. If they do intent to use more hard science for the dinosaurs i think it would take away some of the stigma of it being just a pop corn sequel crash grab.

The first jurrasic park at least the 1st half was about the wonderment of the dinosaurs themselves. They shouldn't just be seen as monsters you have run away from.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #355
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I liked the Spinosaurus. Though they really should have done more with it attacking from the water. Like say, maybe a cruise ship passing by? It's like a monstrous crocodile (or alligator).

Also, not to be annoying, but it's T. rex. Capital T, period, little r. Even if it is actually from the Cretaceous period, and not the Jurassic period. But hey, Jurassic does have a nicer ring to it.

If they really want to make paleontologists happy they'd use Jurassic dinosaurs. Though I don't really care.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #356
Lord
All Mighty

For the story what would you guys want to see? I would like to see the modern world sudenly facing creatures long extinct as these continue their existence in this new world, not to mention the long lost deceases these would bring. This would follow what they said about the new Jurassic Park trilogy being completelly different.

Or would you guys prefer another return to the island or reboot?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #357
marvelman2006
Banned User

I think it would be cool if they started on main land then ended up back on the island and looking for a killswitch of sorts for the dinosaurs that would kill them all on the mainland. not like an off switch but a biological serum. or a better way would be having the reboot end with a rich tycoon or crazy scientist taking most of the dinosaurs off the island and back to the mainland. then the sequel would be dealing with them on mainland. then if it were to get a third have it be going for the killswitch.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #358
Doctor Jones
No One

Maybe some sort of virus that is also infecting humans as well as dinosaurs or just humans and it's the dinosaurs that are a cause of it. The dinosaurs place in the ecosystem makes everything be thrown off balance and it creates some sort of virus that is killing people globally. Or perhaps over these many years since the third, other rich industrialists and corporations have come in and stolen dinosaurs for their own benefit and have created things that are worse than parks. Hammond would have to be dead of course. This lets the corporations swoop in and do what they please in secret with lots of money without the public knowing over the course of a decade.

Then possibly a dinosaur escapes from a facility on the mainland, is killed, or kills some people, letting the secret out to the public.

Then there's a cure that could be within the dinosaurs blood or DNA. This gives incentive for people to go back to the island to extract whatever they need to find a cure and save the world from human extinction. It goes back to the theme of tampering with nature and a new theme of how ironically, we are dying as a result for science because of "best intentions." I also like how we are just as in much danger if not more, than the dinosaurs are. Then possibly, the dinosaurs could be the new ruling species all over again if the virus is not stopped.

Then of couse, they would have to kill the dinosaurs. Possibly replicating a meteor that will wipe them out. But many people will die as a result of this. This is where the corporations will want to stop this from happening since they want to keep the dinosaurs for profit and generate revenue by selling DNA, blood, bones, and even creating theme parks off of them. And the conundrum from scientists would be to kill these species since they are a scientific wonder and could continue to study them, possibly wanting to save them. But there has to be a compromise.

There could be lots of ethical and moral as well as scientific themes to be had with this idea.

Last edited by Doctor Jones; 06-26-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #359
Art Damage
Turtle Power

The Spinosaurus was my favorite dinosaur growing up so I was super pumped to see him in the 3rd movie...but that movie was just really bad.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #360
Lord
All Mighty

If they make a reboot shouldn't they follow the original novel more closely?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 06-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #361
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
If they make a reboot shouldn't they follow the original novel more closely?
I still think the original was close enough. A complete reboot will never have Thr impact that the original had especially with technology and that fresh, magical sense of awe.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 06-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #362
jacobed
Banned User

I loved the third movie, brought back the thrilling adventure aspect the 2 was missing. I don't like the 2nd one at all

Old 06-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #363
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well since the mass public knows of ingen and both the park/la accidents as we saw in jp 3. Modern world facing dinos story wouldn't really be needed or fit the jp world.

I still personally see no need to reboot the series right now. There is far to many reboots going around and we don't need to add another one. And going by most reports universal isn't even interested in a reboot. But a continuation/sequel.

Like I mentioned past few pages my idea I think would be a solid basis for a premise and a easy way to bring the dinos/human interaction in a good logical reason.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #364
Boom
I got nothin'

So what's the plan for this movie? Is it a sequel or a remake?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #365
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Well since the mass public knows of ingen and both the park/la accidents as we saw in jp 3. Modern world facing dinos story wouldn't really be needed or fit the jp world.

I still personally see no need to reboot the series right now. There is far to many reboots going around and we don't need to add another one. And going by most reports universal isn't even interested in a reboot. But a continuation/sequel.

Like I mentioned past few pages my idea I think would be a solid basis for a premise and a easy way to bring the dinos/human interaction in a good logical reason.
What was your idea for the next movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom
So what's the plan for this movie? Is it a sequel or a remake?
A sequel to be the first of a new trilogy that takes the series into a new direction, and i hope that direction isn't visiting a park again

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 06-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #366
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

this was my idea lord:
Quote:
I still like my idea of a biological problem wiping out the dinos, could lead to some flying/water ones washing up on shores. This leads to a logical reason why ingen/various govt would send a team to the island. To find out what's wrong and make sure this isn't an extintiction event that could be harmful to humans too. And the reveal could be some old rival ingen company secretly went to island to learn how to create there own dinos. But due to there ill experiments is what caused the island dinos dying.
Where did news on the new writers ever say it was for a new triology. If there was a new triology would all count on this film success.

Last edited by Webhead2006; 06-27-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #367
Octoberist
point blank

My problem with part 3 was the fact 3/4 of the crew got killed once they landed on the island. So there were barely any real casualties or even cannon fodder characters for the movie to play with.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #368
Doctor Jones
No One

Two of our friends bickering with eachother reminded a friend and I of Paul and Amanda as we journeyed throughout NYC a couple months ago. They were both male.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #369
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Where did news on the new writers ever say it was for a new triology. If there was a new triology would all count on this film success.
They didn't, because this was anounced in 2010 already:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/18702/

Joe Johnson plans this, i duno about the writer, but a new trilogy doesn't necessarily have to make the next film end in a cliffhanger, it's probably just going to be like the original trilogy where each film had a different story.

And here's the link to plans of the new trilogy going a completelly different direction:

http://screenrant.com/joe-johnston-j...-rothc-123898/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Johnston
We are in discussions about ‘Jurassic Park 4.’ The most important thing I can tell you is that it starts a new trilogy that will go off in a different direction — a completely different direction that is very exciting, and different from anything we’ve seen.” Johnston continued by saying that, “It starts with the history of the first trilogy, but it spins it off in a completely different direction. That’s all I can tell you

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #370
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
My problem with part 3 was the fact 3/4 of the crew got killed once they landed on the island. So there were barely any real casualties or even cannon fodder characters for the movie to play with.
True, if i remember well almost all the survivors of the crash survived the end of the film, but it did have that sence of adventure. The next films should also use different dinossaurs, i would like to see more of the aquatic ones. I think all of the three, while varying in quality did have something enjoyable in them that can make me watch them again, all of them had a sence of adventure and the effects still holp up well today (even if some dinossaurs are now known to have been different from the ones in the film).

My question is if the audience will still find it an enjoyable trip.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #371
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Counting on story, sfx, and casting I am sure there would be an audience for another jp.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #372
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I hope that in the next film they will show one of the dinosaurs being killed by the humans. It always bothered me there was an eagerness to show humans being devoured, but the dinosaurs escaping without a significant injury ( the baby rex does not count.) In the books, the dinosaurs were dispatched decently with the Lindstradt rifle: I wish it had been used. Koepp used screentime to introduce it, and the prop department spent money and time making it, so there is no reason why it could not have been used. Eddie's death scene irks me because of said mechanism.

And that is excluding the awful animal rights plot....

Old 06-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #373
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Edit: In the novel Jurassic Park, Muldoon mentions one way to kill the raptors is by using a rocket launcher, but, I can understand why the studio wabted to avoid non- Nedry and Gennaro and Arnold gore.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #374
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Killing a velociraptor (really more of a deinonychus in this case) with a rocket launcher is gross overkill.

I have noticed though that in these movies guns seem to be completely useless.

Which makes sense, in real life humans + guns > T. rex.

Now a human going Turok on a pack of utah raptors with an assault rifle? That would be awesome.

They could also show an epic dinosaur brawl. Anybody remember the T. rex vs the sauropod in the Land Before Time? Something like that.

Last edited by Thundercrack85; 06-29-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #375
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Edit: In the novel Jurassic Park, Muldoon mentions one way to kill the raptors is by using a rocket launcher, but, I can understand why the studio wabted to avoid non- Nedry and Gennaro and Arnold gore.
He doesn't just mention it. He uses it.

Closed Thread