The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #151
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

The city stuff feels rushed to me. They could have made it the basis for an entire third movie if they wanted to.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #152
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Yeah, the story aspect totally could have been handled better. There's no question there. But the sheer sight of the Rex in San Diego was awesome, and still is. I'd be down for seeing that again. Personally, I'd love to see a live action Cadillacs and Dinosaurs film.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #153
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Well, the movie does have one obvious problem they avoid, and that is guns. The reason the scene was probably rushed is because then they'd have to explain why nobody just shot the T. Rex. Sniper from a helicopter, the end.

Raptors would be a bit more tricky though.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #154
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Well, the movie does have one obvious problem they avoid, and that is guns. The reason the scene was probably rushed is because then they'd have to explain why nobody just shot the T. Rex. Sniper from a helicopter, the end.

Raptors would be a bit more tricky though.
There is a sniper. Remember how Malcolm and Harding are rushing to get the Rex back in the boat? There's a sniper taking aim as they're doing so (or so I recall, it's been a while since I've seen it).

Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #155
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I loved The Lost World up until the third act (the San Diego stuff).
I'm the same. The whole plot was about setting up a San Diego Jurassic Park, but I would've preferred the film remained on the island. The city did present a fish out of water, clashing of eras angle, but you can't beat the moody jungle setting IMO. Still like the movie, though.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #156
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
There is a sniper. Remember how Malcolm and Harding are rushing to get the Rex back in the boat? There's a sniper taking aim as they're doing so (or so I recall, it's been a while since I've seen it).
There is a sniper. He shoots the T-Rex with a tranqulizer in the neck when it's on the boat as the cargo doors are closing when the T-Rex is standing still. I would imagine it's hard to shoot a T-Rex when it's moving around a city. You need to shoot it in the right spot. The real problem is how did all the crew on the boat get killed? Only the T-Rex was on the boat and it appeared like it didn't escape until the mainland.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #157
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
I wonder how many rounds it would take to bring a T. Rex down.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #158
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I wonder how many rounds it would take to bring a T. Rex down.
Too many.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #159
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
The city stuff feels rushed to me. They could have made it the basis for an entire third movie if they wanted to.
The part that bugs me the most, even to this day, is how they get on the boat and find out everyone is dead, but with no reason to explain it. I read somewhere that there was supposed to be a raptor or two on the ship as well, but I don't know how true that was.

But yeah, seeing the T-Rex emerge from the ship as young man made me **** bricks, thought that looked so cool.

Then Ian whispering "Now you're John Hammond." That was a great dig.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #160
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
There is a sniper. He shoots the T-Rex with a tranqulizer in the neck when it's on the boat as the cargo doors are closing when the T-Rex is standing still. I would imagine it's hard to shoot a T-Rex when it's moving around a city. You need to shoot it in the right spot. The real problem is how did all the crew on the boat get killed? Only the T-Rex was on the boat and it appeared like it didn't escape until the mainland.
I believe in one of the books this happens and it is raptors on the boat...can't remember which book. Or wait, it was compys I believe.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #161
ShadowBoxer
Banned User

Glad to see I am not the only one here that likes the lost world lol. It may not be a great movie but its entertaining to me. I prefer it over the crappy third movie any day.

Any one remember how heavily hyped the lost world was? I remember christmas 1997 like it was yesterday. I got got A LOT of good stuff that christmas but I remember getting The Lost World on VHS and the awesome T- Rex toy from the movie. The one I had came with little figures of the human that it could eat and the figures came out a slit in its stomach. Anyone else have that toy? I remember my mom saying a few years later that all the Jurassic Park the lost world stuff was selling out like crazy a Toys R Us during its day.

Last edited by ShadowBoxer; 12-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #162
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

I really liked lost World as well.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #163
Lord
All Mighty

I loved Lost world but i didn't like the main characters due to most of their actions being reckless to the humans that were catching the dinossaurs, and i didn't like how they abandoned that guy in the boat for him to be eaten by tyranossaurus rex junior

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 12-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #164
Donut
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I loved Lost world but i didn't like the main characters due to most of their actions being reckless to the humans that were catching the dinossaurs, and i didn't like how they abandoned that guy in the boat for him to be eaten by tyranossaurus rex junior
The only sane character was Malcolm throughout the movie

Ooooohhhhh Aaaaahhhhh that is how it always starts & then later there is running & screaming

Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #165
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Nah, Harding shot him with the tranq. It was a race between her and the sniper.

Far as the dead crew, yeah, that frustrates me. I remember hearing a rumor that raptors were supposed to have been on the boat, but it was cut out. not sure if thats true or not.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #166
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Glad to see I am not the only one here that likes the lost world lol. It may not be a great movie but its entertaining to me. I prefer it over the crappy third movie any day.

Any one remember how heavily hyped the lost world was? I remember christmas 1997 like it was yesterday. I got got A LOT of good stuff that christmas but I remember getting The Lost World on VHS and the awesome T- Rex toy from the movie. The one I had came with little figures of the human that it could eat and the figures came out a slit in its stomach. Anyone else have that toy? I remember my mom saying a few years later that all the Jurassic Park the lost world stuff was selling out like crazy a Toys R Us during its day.
I've still got that T-Rex. Sits on top of my book shelf.

I've also still have a Triceratops and velociraptor from JP1. Used to have an adult T-rex and young t-rex and various other JP1 figures but i'm not sure what happened to them.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #167
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I used to have a battle-damage T-Rex, but then it suffered real damage when my dog got a hold of it. :'(

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 12-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #168
Victarion
Iron Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I believe in one of the books this happens and it is raptors on the boat...can't remember which book. Or wait, it was compys I believe.
1st Book, it was raptors and I believe Lex spotted them with the nightvision goggles when the tour vehicles had stopped by the Rex enclosure shortly before the power failure.

Was there a Carnotaurus released for either the JP 1 or TLW toyline that was black with red stripes? Always wanted that one and never found it. I got the rust-red T-Rex with the black stripes though.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #169
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Go with me on this people.....DINOSAURS.....IN SPACE.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #170
Doctor Jones
No One

Ian Malcolm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything in the universe.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #171
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Would love to see a great Jurassic Park sequel. I enjoy JP3 for all its stupidity, but I find Lost World to be an utter mess.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #172
Mogwai
Fanboy

that scene where the t-rex roars with the san diego skyline behind him is so iconic to me.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #173
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
I used to have a battle-damage T-Rex, but then it suffered real damage when my dog got a hold of it. :'(
Lol, that happened to my young T-Rex.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #174
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Was there a Carnotaurus released for either the JP 1 or TLW toyline that was black with red stripes? Always wanted that one and never found it. I got the rust-red T-Rex with the black stripes though.
This?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jurassic-Par...item2569e17175

Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #175
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Just stumbled across this picture for the first time:

Closed Thread