The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #551
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

Default Re: What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Grandma`s Boy

Battle.net Tag: Moplaya#1165
Add me!!! I can always use more gaming friends!!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #552
Ash J. Williams
Hail to the king

Default Re: What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Campbell
B movies won a long time ago; the A movies just don't know it yet.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:25 AM   #553
blueharvest
Team Mysterion

X-Men

Old 08-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #554
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Old 08-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #555
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

ALIEN: COVENANT (2017)
QUALITY = 6.5/10
JOY = 5/10

It's good compared to the first sequel, and even when compared to Alien: Resurrection, when compared to them.
It is an inferior recreation of the first movie, but not a bad one, regardless of the continuity dysfunction with a certain thing.
I still don't know why eggs have face-huggers that die, or why xenomorphs just kill whatever is not one of their own by nature of encroachment.

How I rank the Alien movies I've seen so far:
  1. Aliens (my favorite, and easily the best. I love it)
  2. Alien 3: Extended cut (I highly enjoy it, some of its issues make me shake my head, but they don't piss me off or make me feel they hinder the script, they give the one scene each mistake is in a poorly placed road bump)
  3. Alien (good, but overrated)
  4. Alien vs Predator (it has some nice ideas, characters are competent, the reason for the expedition is actually solid, but the execution makes it forgettable and not very effective)
  5. Alien: Covenant
  6. Alien: Resurrection (has some funny scenes, some cool action, I like Christie. The rest of it is crap I don't want to watch again)
  7. Prometheus (nonsense)

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #556
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

Sicario (2015)

I checked this out because it was directed by Denis Villeneuve and I was not disappointed. The casting is pretty good, the story is interesting and there's lots of exciting action. There are some really intense scenes throughout this and both Emily Blunt and Benicio Del Toro give excellent performances.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #557
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

The Mechanic (1972)

I thought this was much better Charles Bronson movie than the Death Wish films (of which I've only watched the first two). There are some pretty impressive action sequences throughout this. I felt the writing was good and thought it stayed interesting until the final scene.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #558
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

Yongary, Monster from the Deep (1967)

I liked the design of the monster it combines features of both Gamera and Godzilla. The campy low budget special effects were done better by Ishir? Honda over a decade earlier but they work well enough here. I was impressed with the use of a real flamethrower for Yongary's fire breath. There's an annoying kid and the monster is defeated in a goofy way but most of the action scenes were still pretty fun. People are probably better off checking out the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version though.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #559
nite-owl
Side-Kick

2/5

Old 08-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #560
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyAstronaut View Post
The Mechanic (1972)
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I thought this was much better Charles Bronson movie than the Death Wish films (of which I've only watched the first two). There are some pretty impressive action sequences throughout this. I felt the writing was good and thought it stayed interesting until the final scene.
I really enjoyed the story and performances, but the music annoys me so much I did not give the movie another go.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #561
Sculder
Goldmember

The 'Burbs (1989)

Old 08-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #562
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

The Shack

Old 08-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #563
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

Wonder Woman pilot movie (Lynda Carter)

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Old 08-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #564
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Aftermath

Old 08-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #565
blueharvest
Team Mysterion

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Old 08-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #566
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
QUALITY = 7.5/10
JOY = 9.5/10

Thanks to the chemical stealing car hijacking creepily staring jackass in the MCU movie, I love this movie even more now.
Webbing a car thief to the wall with bad jokes >>> pulling some guy's head with a webline to hit it on the car.

YOUTUBE

Old 08-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #567
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

The Magnificent Seven (2016)

I was unimpressed when I first saw the trailers for this remake but I ended up enjoying it. I liked some of the casting and thought the final climactic battle scenes were well made. It might be interesting to see Antoine Fuqua direct a war movie. I'm a big fan of both the John Sturges and Kurosawa versions of this story but probably wouldn't recommend it for fans of those. However anyone who liked Training Day might also enjoy this.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #568
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

I'm completely unfamiliar with all things Harry Potter but decided to give this a chance. I'm sure all the nods and references were completely lost on me. CGI heavy movies like this generally don't interest me but this was entertaining enough. There are some really cool looking creatures designs throughout and some trippy magic sequences. Probably not something I'll watch again though.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:06 PM   #569
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
QUALITY = 7.5/10
JOY = 9.5/10

Thanks to the chemical stealing car hijacking creepily staring jackass in the MCU movie, I love this movie even more now.
Webbing a car thief to the wall with bad jokes >>> pulling some guy's head with a webline to hit it on the car.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #570
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Old 08-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #571
Sculder
Goldmember

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Old 08-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #572
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Annabelle: Creation

Enjoyed it. It's a vast improvement over the first Annabelle and it actually feels like it's apart of a bigger Conjuring universe. There are plenty of jump scares, but most of them felt earned as oppose to the cheap ones. David Sandberg brought his lighting and shadowing techniques from Lights Out and it worked wonders for creating a unsettling mood. The cast did a good job and much like the Conjuring movies, you get to know and like them as characters before sh** hits the fan. Lulu Wilson in particular, who was great in the Ouija prequel, was also great here. Overall, it's a solid horror flick and I can't wait to see that demoic nun movie (side note I also want to see David Sandberg make a demonic scarecrow movie, that was by far the best part of the movie).
8.5/10

Old 08-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #573
Iceman
Infinity War!

Rogue One - like TFA, I have enjoyed this much more with subsequent rewatches

Star Wars seems in good hands at the moment.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #574
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

Detroit - 9 / 10 - Pretty fantastic, truthful & brutal.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #575
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

30 Days of Night

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Closed Thread