The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #326
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

So this season hasn't been predictable so far lol. Is there a rule where every title contender must concede at least 3 goals?

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #327
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,939
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Chicharito hat trick against United incoming

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #328
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Morata off the mark to join Lacazette and Mane as new guys to score on their debut. I've probably missed some as everyone is getting in on the goal action.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #329
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,227
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Good ****ing God... What the **** is happening at Stamford Bridge?

__________________
*Insert clever, witty movie quote here*
Dr Lee is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #330
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

3-2 now and 2 men sent of for Chelsea!!

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #331
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Morata off the mark to join Lacazette and Mane as new guys to score on their debut. I've probably missed some as everyone is getting in on the goal action.
Rooney also with the winner at Everton

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #332
Lilbaz
Side-Kick
 
Lilbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,223
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Seems that spurs have had a bid for martial turned down.

Lilbaz is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #333
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

He'd be worth a ****load in this transfer window at this late stage.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #334
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,939
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

I suspect Levy has burned too many bridges whenever someone comes knocking for his players to be done any favors.

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #335
Lilbaz
Side-Kick
 
Lilbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,223
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
I suspect Levy has burned too many bridges whenever someone comes knocking for his players to be done any favors.
Think it's unlikely they'll sell to a rival, but if mourinho isn't going to use him they might sell. With the wc coming up and competition for his place in the france squad i could see him wanting game time.

Lilbaz is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #336
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 77,498
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Spurs a rival...

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #337
Bobber
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 406
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Spurs a rival...
What's so funny about that?

Bobber is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #338
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,939
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Think it's unlikely they'll sell to a rival, but if mourinho isn't going to use him they might sell. With the wc coming up and competition for his place in the france squad i could see him wanting game time.
True, but I don't see him getting much game time ahead of Son, he's got about the same chance at United. And if United paid £40m+ for Martial I don't see them letting him go for any less than £55m+ in this market which doesn't make much sense for either club.

DeadPresident is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #339
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Looking forward to seeing how Son develops this season.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #340
Lilbaz
Side-Kick
 
Lilbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,223
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Spurs a rival...
Yes i know. It's not like we've finished above utd in the league the last couple of seasons.

Lilbaz is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #341
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

That 2nd Burnley goal was great.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #342
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 77,498
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Yes i know. It's not like we've finished above utd in the league the last couple of seasons.
United has sucked the last 4 seasons and have as many legit trophies as Spurs have in the last 30 plus years. Finishing second means absolutely nothing.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #343
Bobber
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 406
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
United has sucked the last 4 seasons and have as many legit trophies as Spurs have in the last 30 plus years. Finishing second means absolutely nothing.
Both teams are looking to win the title, yet Spurs finished 17 points ahead of Man Utd last season.

Not considering them a title rival is straight up arrogance.

Bobber is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 06:59 PM   #344
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cheam, Surrey, UK
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Typical Reds again, same old problems. As ever, (regardless of manager and era), we play the level of opposition, don't seem to be able to defend a corner or free kick if our lives depended on it. If not Van Djik, we need central defender and LB like now.

Mandon Knight is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #345
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 77,498
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
Both teams are looking to win the title, yet Spurs finished 17 points ahead of Man Utd last season.

Not considering them a title rival is straight up arrogance.
Is Leicester City a rival to United?

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:06 PM   #346
Lilbaz
Side-Kick
 
Lilbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,223
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Is Leicester City a rival to United?
Probably not this season. Not the other season for the league either as utd were not rivaling them.

Do you really think that we wont be challenging utd for top 4 or possibly the league this season?

Lilbaz is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #347
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 77,498
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Probably not this season. Not the other season for the league either as utd were not rivaling them.

Do you really think that we wont be challenging utd for top 4 or possibly the league this season?
That is irrelevant. That doesn't make you a rival to United. You don't have the money, cache, prestige or buying power. Look at the at the salaries your players are on. They operate on different realms. A good season for Spurs is a bad season for United. Spurs celebrate second, like it is an accomplishment. That says it all really.

United doesn't look at Spurs as rivals, nor should they. A good spell is different then being an actual rival to one of the 3 biggest clubs in the world.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #348
Bobber
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 406
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That is irrelevant. That doesn't make you a rival to United. You don't have the money, cache, prestige or buying power. Look at the at the salaries your players are on. They operate on different realms. A good season for Spurs is a bad season for United. Spurs celebrate second, like it is an accomplishment. That says it all really.

United doesn't look at Spurs as rivals, nor should they. A good spell is different then being an actual rival to one of the 3 biggest clubs in the world.
It certainly makes them a title rival.

Utd fans have to be real careful they don't end up like Liverpool fans, living in the past. You might win the league this season, though I don't think you will, but your last four seasons have all been somewhere between horribly disappointing and just about acceptable.

Bobber is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #349
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 96,910
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Typical Reds again, same old problems. As ever, (regardless of manager and era), we play the level of opposition, don't seem to be able to defend a corner or free kick if our lives depended on it. If not Van Djik, we need central defender and LB like now.
That's been true for a long time yes. You seem to play at the standard of whoever you're playing be they top 4 challengers, top CL teams or relegation fodder.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #350
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cheam, Surrey, UK
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
That's been true for a long time yes. You seem to play at the standard of whoever you're playing be they top 4 challengers, top CL teams or relegation fodder.
Only one team could lose to Burnley at Turf Moor in January and then beat AC Milan from 3-0 down in the May.....

Mandon Knight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.