The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #226
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

On the nebulous cinematic rights to the character Quicksilver, and whether Bryan Singer's decision to include him in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will affect his inclusion in "Avengers 2"…

"And so continues the Q and not-A… That's not something I can really talk about, but Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are going to be in the movie and they're going to be AWESOME."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...fly-and-batman

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #227
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
In my opinion, just make him a bad-ass supporting character.

Making Quicksilver as Magneto's son would be such a revelation (at least to the general audience) and I feel that would require a lot of character development to make father-son relationship to be great.
Not necessarily. Creating the father/son connection doesn't have to be a huge revelation or take out too much screen time - look at Prometheus and the Vickers character.

That movie barely wasted any screen time building up that father/daughter relationship between Vickers and Weyland. They used subtle nods and touches here and there throughout the movie so that when it was finally revealed towards the third act, the relationship was still deep, and the distrust, hurt, and hate between the two was palpable.

They could certainly do something like that between Erik and Pietro in DOFP.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #228
psylockolussus
Fierce User

This is the seventh film in the series, Prometheus wasn't. There has to be a very good reason why Magneto has a son in this movie. There was ZERO indication that he is/was father in First Class and the original trilogy.

I think some people here are saying that they should make Quicksilver, Magneto's son in the movie just for the sake of staying true to the comics, but I don't think its that important for them to give Magneto a son in this mutant, especially a teenager.

They could just focus on the main plot of the movie, Brotherhood VS X-Men, altering the past and changing the future.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #229
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I do find it funny that the only familial connection they've established in the movies is Charles and Mystique.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #230
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I do find it funny that the only familial connection they've established in the movies is Charles and Mystique.
And even if there was no indication in the original trilogy that Mystique was Professor X's adapted sister. They focused on their relationship in First Class.

So if Quicksilver is Magneto's son, they would definitely have to focus on their father-son relationship to make it work.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #231
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
What about Wolverine and Sabertooth? Mystique and Nightcrawler I don't remember them saying plain and simple that he is her kid but I feel like they hinted at with a look she gave him in the X-jet.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #232
jed
Side-Kick

Not sure if this is true or not, but over at DOFP imdb trivia section, it says Jamie Campbell Bower and Nico Tortorella auditioned for QuickSilver.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #233
PyroChamber
Not lactose, it's milk!

I noticed they only mention Quicksilver but is Scarlet Witch going to be in this too, or just him?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #234
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
I noticed they only mention Quicksilver but is Scarlet Witch going to be in this too, or just him?
it might just be quicksilver as magnetos henchman

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #235
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
This is the seventh film in the series, Prometheus wasn't. There has to be a very good reason why Magneto has a son in this movie. There was ZERO indication that he is/was father in First Class and the original trilogy.
Pietro & Wanda didn't find out Magneto was their father until almost 20 years after their original introduction in the comics. Just because he didn't "appear" to be a father in the original trilogy doesn't mean he can't or wasn't. Especially since Pietro and Wanda rejected and separated themselves from Mags after they found out.

Not to mention, its not out of the realm of possibility for First Class Erik to have fathered children either. We don't know what his life was like or what he was up to between the time he was released by Shaw to where we begin in First Class.

Once again, it doesn't have to be this huge plot line in the movie if written and integrated right.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #236
Angamb
Banned User

totally agree.

Some fans are just so close minded and unimaginative

Old 06-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #237
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I'm just saying, with all that's going on with Fox and Marvel when it comes to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver rights, the hubbub and debate, they really better hope they do this right.

It will really make Singer and Fox look really bad if they don't even hint at or at least mention in passing the connection between Pietro and Erik.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #238
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Many might have to accept the possibility his heritage to magneto wont be mentioned and he is just a henchman there for his powers alone

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #239
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I'm preparing myself for that, but would hope Singer would have a little more sense than that. Especially knowing everything that's going on right now.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #240
Angamb
Banned User

me too.

A part of me hopes Singer has learnt past decisions on the saga, and now that this is Fassbender second x-men movie he finally adresses one family connection on screen.

If they really want to expand the universe and the characters, they have to adress some family connections, so until the actual movie, Ill keep some faith they at least hint at it, to reveal it on next movie, in any case.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #241
BMM
Side-Kick

At this point, I don't think it's important and don't expect it to be addressed. In fact, I think Singer's tweet says it all. Before he was an Avenger, he was just a kid who runs really fast, and just a kid who runs really fast is exactly what I'm expecting.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #242
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
totally agree.

Some fans are just so close minded and unimaginative
And whats your reason again for adding a female mutant in the 70s X-Men.

I swear to God, you think its very easy to come up with a great story even if the characters doesn't have much purpose in the story.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #243
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I'm just saying, with all that's going on with Fox and Marvel when it comes to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver rights, the hubbub and debate, they really better hope they do this right.

It will really make Singer and Fox look really bad if they don't even hint at or at least mention in passing the connection between Pietro and Erik.
It didn't hurt X1/X2

When Mystique had no connection with Rogue and when Deathstrike had no conection with Wolverine.

Seriously, if the movie is good, who could care less if Quicksilver is not related to Magneto. Its just the fan boys who complains about these things.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #244
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I don't think we should expect much from this Quicksilver.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #245
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:

They shouldn't make Quicksilver as important as Marvel's portrayal of Quicksilver. Seriously, it wouldn't help the story of the film if try to make Quicksilver important just to compete with Marvel's portrayal of Quicksilver.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-09-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #246
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Quote:
Pietro & Wanda didn't find out Magneto was their father until almost 20 years after their original introduction in the comics. Just because he didn't "appear" to be a father in the original trilogy doesn't mean he can't or wasn't. Especially since Pietro and Wanda rejected and separated themselves from Mags after they found out.

Not to mention, its not out of the realm of possibility for First Class Erik to have fathered children either. We don't know what his life was like or what he was up to between the time he was released by Shaw to where we begin in First Class.

Once again, it doesn't have to be this huge plot line in the movie if written and integrated right.
that's true, but, we do know that he made no mention of having a kid, and obviously wasn't there for his son (if he even knew about him) growing up, so, even if they make him his son, they would've only been recently reunited within the last 10 years, so its not like Magneto personally raised him or anything

Quote:
It didn't hurt X1/X2

When Mystique had no connection with Rogue and when Deathstrike had no conection with Wolverine.

Seriously, if the movie is good, who could care less if Quicksilver is not related to Magneto. Its just the fan boys who complains about these things.
in all fairness, neither of him could remember there past, so as far as we knew they could've had a connection

Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #247
Double B
Side-Kick

And lest we forget, Deathstrike wasn't even originally written as Deathstrike, and Toad was meant to fulfill that role.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #248
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
And lest we forget, Deathstrike wasn't even originally written as Deathstrike, and Toad was meant to fulfill that role.
Do you know why they didnt decide to go through with Toad in that role, I did love Ray Park as Toad thought he was cute and brought a different side to Toad.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #249
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Do you know why they didnt decide to go through with Toad in that role, I did love Ray Park as Toad thought he was cute and brought a different side to Toad.
Budget, I assume. They've been cutting characters out because of budget since the series began.

They originally had the Anne Reynolds character and Toad as Stryker's two henchmen. And I imagine they had cuts to make and someone suggested merging the two roles and we ended up with Deathstrike.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #250
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure Toad was just someone in the beginning of the film for Nightcrawler to fight in the chambers where Kurt is imprisoned. I'm not sure he was intended to be Stryker's henchman.

Closed Thread