The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
Banned User
Default Re: Aronofsky to take on the biblical character Noah?

Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
...Nothing vague about that.
I am going to bring flood waters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.
"The earth" simply can refer to the land, the ground, the yard etc. The heavens" refers to the sky or all that can be seen above. There is not enough to point out it is specifically talking about the entire planet. I move all of the plants of the earth too when I pull weeds in my front yard, but I don't kill every plant on the planet when that happens. It's simply referring to farm animals and enough of them for him to restart his trade in order to survive after and during the flood.

Also taking every kind of food that is to be eaten would mean every thing that a human could eat possible on the planet and that for all the animals on the planet to eat stored on the boat with them. If there already millions of animals aboard, imagine all of that different food too. Nothing could fit. That's what happens when it is taken in that context of a global wide flood. It would already be hard enough for only about eight people to take care of that load already, especially during the Bronze Age.

It's really saying that Noah should bring enough animals to survive on the land with after the flood and enough food for his family, himself and the animals as the event came.