The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

View Poll Results: What did you think of the Season 3 Finale episode?
Outstanding 2 2.86%
Excellent 4 5.71%
Great 8 11.43%
Good 15 21.43%
Alright 15 21.43%
Average 14 20.00%
Bad 7 10.00%
Horrible 2 2.86%
Terrible 1 1.43%
Apalling 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #526
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 16 "Welcome to the Tombs" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
the making of clip on their website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aa4QrZu7hc
Ah, ok. Wow, Laurie Holden sounds bummed that this was her last show.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
danoyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #527
Evelisse
Exactly

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 16 "Welcome to the Tombs" Discussion Thread

Not sure why some consider him The Gov a series regular? I doubt he will be the main bad next season, he may show up in the second half as a reason to leave the prison, but I'm betting they'll have a whole new threat next season.

Plus++++
they now have a bus like the Muppets to get around.

Evelisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #528
TX85
Banned User

There will most likely be new threats But I think The Gov will still be heavily involved

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #529
Mikelus
Intellectualis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
This ending felt like a copout to me. Feels more like another mid-season finale than an actual season finale imo.
A lot of people feel the same (me included). It was lame, anti-climatic. Not only the finale, they've done a poor job with Andrea, Michonne, Rick, the Governor... most of the season. Michonne was silent most of the time and it got old fast, crazy Rick was dumb and the Governor could've been more compelling, if he'd been less crazy. They could've positioned him as an intriguing, plausible alternative to Rick, but what's done is done.

Regarding Carl killing the other boy, the scene was intended to be a bit ambiguous by having the boy approaching Carl. He was wrong to kill him though, but they're developing the character, which is interesting, besides, he's still a kid.

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #530
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Old 04-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #531
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
To get the tank!

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #532
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

After seeing the gif of Andrea's alternate death. Now it makes sense why Milton's hair looked a little different at the beginning of "Welcome to the Tombs" compared to the last time we saw him (after he mentioned to the Gov. about the burned zombies in the pit.) They reshot it.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #533
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
...the town people left, and he went to stop them.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #534
Piper Maru

The Governor should just let bygones be bygones.

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #535
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #536
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
walking dead harlem shake ?

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #537
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Nope, it's called posing for a picture.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #538
Sawyer
High King

I think the more I think about this finale and the more that I end up watching it, the less I'll like it. Not so much for the lack of a real battle and extending the Governor's stay, but for the complete rush job that was Andrea's death. It was just so ****ing sloppy and obvious that they look at the fan response for Andrea in S3, got scared, and went "Ehh.... Redeem her? **** that, let's just get her off the stage." It was a completely idiotic way for her to get killed off and just rang ridiculously false. She as a character has made some misguided attempts at brokering peace between the two groups, but do you REALLY expect me to believe that a woman in her situation would essentially just sit there twiddling her thumbs while waiting for someone to die when it means she'll get taken out too? Come on... just bad writing. And they only told Laurie Holden a few days before filming that she'd be getting killed. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #539
Man in the Suit
Greeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelisse View Post
Not sure why some consider him The Gov a series regular? I doubt he will be the main bad next season, he may show up in the second half as a reason to leave the prison, but I'm betting they'll have a whole new threat next season.

Plus++++
they now have a bus like the Muppets to get around.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...rrissey-431929

Man in the Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #540
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
walking dead harlem shake ?
Walking Dead: Charlie's Angels.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
Old 04-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #541
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Whatcha doin' to Glenn there Norman? Is that Karen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think the more I think about this finale and the more that I end up watching it, the less I'll like it. Not so much for the lack of a real battle and extending the Governor's stay, but for the complete rush job that was Andrea's death. It was just so ****ing sloppy and obvious that they look at the fan response for Andrea in S3, got scared, and went "Ehh.... Redeem her? **** that, let's just get her off the stage." It was a completely idiotic way for her to get killed off and just rang ridiculously false. She as a character has made some misguided attempts at brokering peace between the two groups, but do you REALLY expect me to believe that a woman in her situation would essentially just sit there twiddling her thumbs while waiting for someone to die when it means she'll get taken out too? Come on... just bad writing. And they only told Laurie Holden a few days before filming that she'd be getting killed. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.
Exactly how I feel.

Now the realization that we'll never get to see a badass Andrea fight alongside Michonne, Rick and Darryl comes in.

Last edited by LibidoLoca; 04-01-2013 at 04:45 PM.
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #542
Sawyer
High King

I think this is going to end up being the Spider-Man 3 of TWD finales for me. I enjoyed parts of it while it was happening, but looking back I'll go "Oh no no no... that's no good."

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #543
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I wasn't crazy about Andrea's death at all. As horrendous as Lori was as a character, her death was devastating. Andrea's seemed like an afterthought.

The idea was decent - having her trapped in her room with a dying Milton. But then they had her monologing while she should have been trying to get the damn pliers. I even wish they'd given Milton more of a fight, instead we just saw the tail end of his demise. It was disappointing that we didn't get to see the fight either.

Yes, she made some terrible decisions, and she could be hard to like. But she deserved better than that.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #544
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Well it is telling that it wasn't their original idea to kill off Andrea when they laying out the season. Decieding somewhere near the end of the season to do it was bad. And then they aren't even sure how to kill her? Come on....I can only wonder how the end of the season would've been if we didn't have all these major shake ups bts.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #545
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

That cast photo above was hilarious. As was the one they did for season 2. It's funny to see them all out of character (especially Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Sasha, and the Gov.) and aren't being depressed and dead serious all the time. Too bad Merle didn't make the photo. It must've been taken on the last day of filming of season 3. carl's like "Are we really doing this? Seriously." And I wonder why Andrea's wearing Rick's jacket in that photo?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #546
Sawyer
High King

I think everything was written and shot by the time Mazzara got his pink slip. Shoot, this episode might be the reason why he did.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #547
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Cue the conspiracy theories that Holden demanded they write her character better and give her decent storylines which pissed them off like how dare she not be grateful that they haven't killed Andrea off, so they do.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #548
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I agree with those that believe that the finale was a lame send off for Andrea. I honestly thought she was going to make it to season 4 before the last 10 minutes, b/c Andrea has proven to be a survivor both this season and last season. I also thought Tyreese was going to find her and save her. Especially after he took off when Sasha wanted to take the next watch. Oh well. I think this will hurt them in the long run.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #549
venus_ice
Side-Kick

This is hilaaaaaaarrriiiius

venus_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #550
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_ice View Post
This is hilaaaaaaarrriiiius

That's awesome!

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote