The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 08-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #301
Darepool
In The Moment

Default Re: Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

Aside from the backstage politics between the TV and Film division, Netflix just can't afford him.

Last edited by Darepool; 08-29-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Darepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:32 PM   #302
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Additionally, I doubt Kevin Feige and the brass at Sony want Spider-Man associated with the darker, more adult Daredevil either.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #303
Darepool
In The Moment

Definitely a consideration, although if the Venom crossover ever does happen, I'd imagine that would be as dark as DD...

Wishful thinking but I'm in that kind of mood.

Last edited by Darepool; 08-29-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Darepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:10 AM   #304
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Feige has made it pretty clear from his body language he wants nothing to do with that Venom movie, despite it being some type of Spider-Man spinoff of some sort.

- CM Punk
Old 08-30-2017, 06:40 AM   #305
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Yeah, the best case for Sony is a similar role to Marvel TV. If they defer if the movies want the character, they can make things consistent with it that fits in the world without any active crossover.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:20 PM   #306
KevTravels
Side-Kick

so is this season suppose to feature a bigger budget?

is Karen coming back? a bigger/lesser role for Foggy?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #307
Darepool
In The Moment

All we know for sure is the initial numbers from when the deal was announced between Marvel & Netflix....Those numbers were to be divided among the announced slate of shows.

Many have speculated that DD season 2 had a bigger budget then the first season, so if that's the case I wouldn't be surprised if S3 does.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:22 AM   #308
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

We never really hear exact numbers they get for these shows.

Karen Page coming back is a good bet. No way they'd just kill her off in Punisher never to come back to Daredevil with so many unresolved plot threads.

I doubt Foggy would have a lesser role considering he's still Matt's best friend even though they are no longer law partners.

- CM Punk
Old 09-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #309
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Were the DAs from last season original characters or were they in the comics? They were pretty significant most of the time.

Blake Tower was in the comics. Foggy ran up against him in that arc where he ran for District Attorney. Samantha Reyes is a brand-new character.

dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #310
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

‘Daredevil’ Brings Back Vincent D’Onofrio For Season 3; Erik Oleson Joins As New Showrunner

Vincent D’Onofrio has been set to reprise as Wilson Fisk for the third season of Daredevil, I’ve learned. As the Kingpin crime lord, the Emmy nominee was the main villain in Season 1 of the Netflix series and made an imprisoned appearance in last year’s Season 2. The ex-Law & Order actor hinted to fans recently that official word on his Daredevil return was in the cards with a banner photo of the Fisk character up on his Twitter page

In Addition to D’Onofrio’s return, Erik Oleson will be taking over as showrunner as things gear up on the New York City set of the Charlie Cox-led series. Marvel and Netflix haven’t announced a launch date for Daredevil‘s Season 3 — nor for Jessica Jones or Luke Cage’s second seasons for that matter.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:29 PM   #311
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
‘Daredevil’ Brings Back Vincent D’Onofrio For Season 3; Erik Oleson Joins As New Showrunner

Vincent D’Onofrio has been set to reprise as Wilson Fisk for the third season of Daredevil, I’ve learned. As the Kingpin crime lord, the Emmy nominee was the main villain in Season 1 of the Netflix series and made an imprisoned appearance in last year’s Season 2. The ex-Law & Order actor hinted to fans recently that official word on his Daredevil return was in the cards with a banner photo of the Fisk character up on his Twitter page

In Addition to D’Onofrio’s return, Erik Oleson will be taking over as showrunner as things gear up on the New York City set of the Charlie Cox-led series. Marvel and Netflix haven’t announced a launch date for Daredevil‘s Season 3 — nor for Jessica Jones or Luke Cage’s second seasons for that matter.
Excited for D'Onofrio to return to S3!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #312
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

This Erik Oleson guy as showrunner having his most recent work being some of the third season of Arrow gives me pause. But I'm sure it'll be fine.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #313
Whatupman
Side-Kick

I'm excited for a new showrunner. I think the show could use some new blood. Crazy how many showrunners Daredevil has had though, and it's only the third season. The new showrunner has written for Arrow, which could be troubling yes, but he also wrote for The Man In The High Castle, which I've heard is great.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #314
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatupman View Post
I'm excited for a new showrunner. I think the show could use some new blood. Crazy how many showrunners Daredevil has had though, and it's only the third season. The new showrunner has written for Arrow, which could be troubling yes, but he also wrote for The Man In The High Castle, which I've heard is great.
Why do Marvel keep changing showrunners? Iron Fist needed a showrunner but DD was fine. If there was to be a change, I’d rather see DeKnight back.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #315
Speed Force
Anyone reading this?

Let me get that Bullseye casting news

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #316
Whatupman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Why do Marvel keep changing showrunners? Iron Fist needed a showrunner but DD was fine. If there was to be a change, I’d rather see DeKnight back.
Well, Drew Goddard dropped out to do Sinister Six and DeKnight couldn't continue because of previous commitments. I'm not sure why Doug Petrie left The Defenders, and I don't know why Marco Ramirez isn't doing season 3, but I have to admit that I'm kinda glad that Ramirez isn't doing season 3. I liked The Defenders, but I think he has dropped the ball two times now with the antagonists, first in season 2 and then in The Defenders. I was a little bit worried how he would handle characters like Kingpin and Bullseye. But, yeah, it would have been nice if DeKnight came back.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #317
Slick
Yup

I hope it works out with this new showrunner and also nice to have Vincent back even though we all knew he was.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #318
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatupman View Post
Well, Drew Goddard dropped out to do Sinister Six and DeKnight couldn't continue because of previous commitments. I'm not sure why Doug Petrie left The Defenders, and I don't know why Marco Ramirez isn't doing season 3, but I have to admit that I'm kinda glad that Ramirez isn't doing season 3. I liked The Defenders, but I think he has dropped the ball two times now with the antagonists, first in season 2 and then in The Defenders. I was a little bit worried how he would handle characters like Kingpin and Bullseye. But, yeah, it would have been nice if DeKnight came back.
I feel like DDS2 reintroduced Nobu a bit too late and didn't feel like it had a villain for a while. Defenders villains were just weak.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #319
Whatupman
Side-Kick

Agreed. And Nobu just wasn't a compelling character. I want Bullseye to be Kingpin-level good, if not even better

Old 10-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #320
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Just glad for another confirmation it's due to film by end of the year.

hopefully he has a big role this season and they introduce Bullseye

Old 10-28-2017, 11:55 PM   #321
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Well since none of the Netflix shows are yearly series, as such they do not follow a regular production schedule. So it's much harder to lock people in. For a show like AoS as long as the season is green lit they know work on the next season will begin in June. For the netflix series they're producing 6 series with 2-3 seasons a year. Jessica Jones season 2 premieres 3 years after season one. So it's very difficult to assume that each showrunner would sit around waiting for the official call, because that would be years they're not working. So they find other jobs and sometimes commit to something that prevents them from returning. It's not like it's first time DD had new showrunners.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:23 AM   #322
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

What do we know of the new showrunner? I really hoped the S2 showrunner was gonna stick around. If they are going with Born Again they're gonna need someone solid to handle all that.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #323
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
Well since none of the Netflix shows are yearly series, as such they do not follow a regular production schedule. So it's much harder to lock people in. For a show like AoS as long as the season is green lit they know work on the next season will begin in June. For the netflix series they're producing 6 series with 2-3 seasons a year. Jessica Jones season 2 premieres 3 years after season one. So it's very difficult to assume that each showrunner would sit around waiting for the official call, because that would be years they're not working. So they find other jobs and sometimes commit to something that prevents them from returning. It's not like it's first time DD had new showrunners.
Excellent point.