The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #401
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I'm still gutted I never got a chance to see this in IMAX. Maybe there will be a re-release someday.
I really hope there is too. I'd love if they did something for the 10th anniversary, but I won't hold my breath.

And while we're at it, I'd love if they ran a trilogy marathon in IMAX at some point. I'm lucky enough to have seen all the films individually in IMAX (even though it's just a blown up print for Begins), but looking back I kind of regret not doing the trilogy marathon on opening night. I thought it'd be too much and wear me out, but from what I've heard it really added to the experience.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #402
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

I regret it too. I was a stupid idiot.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #403
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

just a thing i've never thought of...did Heath Ledger have a stunt double? either for a fight scene or the scene of him driving?

Old 07-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #404
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
just a thing i've never thought of...did Heath Ledger have a stunt double? either for a fight scene or the scene of him driving?
Yeah... I have over 100 photos of that guy from filming back in the day.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #405
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Yeah... I have over 100 photos of that guy from filming back in the day.
oh cool, ive never seen or heard anything about him

Old 08-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #406
Boom
I got nothin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVtM1f8W2lM

Old 08-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #407
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

I can't watch it because it says the content was blocked in my country based on copyright grounds

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #408
Travesty
TEOL

That guy in the hat can do a spot on Ledger-Joker impression.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #409
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I can't watch it because it says the content was blocked in my country based on copyright grounds
Oh you know, just the usual heart-breaking stuff. How The Joker was the most fun he ever had playing a character, how he never had so much confidence in a role before, how crew members would go out of their way to watch what he was doing on set.

Also, because the lip prosthetic went into Heath's mouth, the glue would often come loose. Instead of having to go get it re-applied and wasting twenty minutes at a time, Heath wet the prosthetic back down with his tongue, which he turned into a character quirk with the lip-licking.

Last edited by Boom; 08-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #410
shauner111
Side-Kick

Just watch the doc.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #411
The Joker

Another reason to love Heath; http://collider.com/heath-ledger-jok...e-dark-knight/

- The Joker
Old 10-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #412
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
This book also has an interview with Nolan. Here's what he said:

Quote:
Johnny Rotten, Sid Vicious, these kinds of punk influences were some of the things we talked about. We also talked about the character of Alex in A Clockwork Orange. He’s very anarchic and yet somehow has great charisma, both in the book and in the film. We talked about a lot of different influences, and he talked about an extraordinarily diverse set of influences like ventriloquist dummies. The way they would talk and the way they would move and all kinds of peculiar ideas that I wasn’t really able to get a handle on until I saw him start to perform the scenes, and start to show how the character moved and how the character gestured and how the character spoke, with this extraordinarily unpredictable voice. The range of the voice, from its highest pitch to its lowest pitch, is very extreme, and where it shifts is unpredictable and sudden. The thing with the tongue was…he had this prosthetic that was covering his lower lip and it would come unglued sometimes. I’d seen him sort of sticking it back with his tongue, and it was only after a few weeks of shooting that I realized that wasn’t what he was doing, that he had started to adopt that actually as part of the character. It was an interesting balance, editing the performance, because he has all kinds of interesting facets, all kinds of mannerisms and things. What I like about them all is they all feel that they come from the character. They don’t feel like actorly touches. I read them as genuinely part of the fabric of a real human being.
http://www.film89.co.uk/christopher-...e-in-new-book/

BaelaTargaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #413
The Joker

Ledger's Joker can still pull in the votes;

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainmen...llain-20171102

- The Joker
Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #414
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

The Ringer just ranked all villains in comic films;

Ledger’s Joker #1, and everyone one else #2-_______.

So wonderful and true.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #415
Boom
I got nothin'

It still breaks my heart that he never got a chance to see the response to his work in this film.