The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Re-cast Hal?
Yes 128 58.45%
No 91 41.55%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #501
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Krypton
Posts: 3,186
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

multi-verse love hey......the reason why the Justice League is formed could be to battle the Crime Syndicate cast Brandon Routh as Ultraman and Ryan Reynolds as Power Ring

__________________
Believe In The Shield
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #502
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,588
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
This is on Christina Wren's website:

The IMDb listing is more than likely factual.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The reference to Carol Ferris I more than likely an Easter egg.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #503
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,513
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Should I read that? Is it a pretty big spoiler?

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #504
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,732
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
multi-verse love hey......the reason why the Justice League is formed could be to battle the Crime Syndicate cast Brandon Routh as Ultraman and Ryan Reynolds as Power Ring
Val Kilmer as Owlman also.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #505
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,513
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Whoa so that kind of confirms that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Green Lantern is going to be rebooted?
I can't see them using that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
unknown actress
again as
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Carol


Maybe this means they will use Kyle or John in the Justice League/GL reboot

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #506
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,802
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Whoa so that kind of confirms that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Green Lantern is going to be rebooted?
I can't see them using that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
unknown actress
again as
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Carol


Maybe this means they will use Kyle or John in the Justice League/GL reboot
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I can't see them using her either, not in a solo film. So im thinking we may get John Stewart after all, with her just being there to hint that Hal exists. OR we are getting a new Hal Jordan but no plans for a solo movie, to keep GL exclusive to JL for now and then once they decide later on to do a spin-off...they'll use John. SO only using Hal in JL with just a cameo by this "Carol Ferris".

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #507
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,944
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

The reason that I want to see Hal included is because I don't think that we should bring in John or Kyle (right away) just to patch things up after the last movie. I want the Green Lantern stories to develop their own series/trilogy because of it. Starting with Hal allows us to lead into the longer history of the GLs.

DChero is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #508
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Krypton
Posts: 3,186
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I can't see them using her either, not in a solo film. So im thinking we may get John Stewart after all, with her just being there to hint that Hal exists. OR we are getting a new Hal Jordan but no plans for a solo movie, to keep GL exclusive to JL for now and then once they decide later on to do a spin-off...they'll use John. SO only using Hal in JL with just a cameo by this "Carol Ferris".
well...there is always....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the option to just re-cast her once if they make a new solo film with Hal, the Incredible Hulk is connected to The Avengers and yet Mark Ruffalo is Hulk in Avengers, he's a much bigger character than "Capt. Carrie Farris".....at least in an origin film wise, once she becomes Star Sapphire its a whole other story

__________________
Believe In The Shield
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #509
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Krypton
Posts: 3,186
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Val Kilmer as Owlman also.
LOL, why not, he's lost a ton of weight recently and did that Batman skit on that british comedy show

__________________
Believe In The Shield
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #510
brainchild81
THE MASTER BUILDER
 
brainchild81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wherever I please, dammit!!!!
Posts: 2,968
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
well...there is always....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the option to just re-cast her once if they make a new solo film with Hal, the Incredible Hulk is connected to The Avengers and yet Mark Ruffalo is Hulk in Avengers, he's a much bigger character than "Capt. Carrie Farris".....at least in an origin film wise, once she becomes Star Sapphire its a whole other story
I don't think we'll ever see Star Sapphire in a live action film. I don't care about her & I can't see the GA ever giving a damn about her either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Hulk is extremely limited and it's obvious now that the best use of the character lies within team-up movies. Where he can be a supporting character, weave in and out in doses, acting as the monster that gets the crowd excited when he smashes something or the comic relief courtesy of Ruffalo. It works way better than a solo movie. Also after his great success with crowds in Avengers, it's smart to save the next appearance for Avengers 2...it helps that movie quite a bit.

Green Lantern actually has potential for some good stories, especially since there's a few Lanterns that can be done on film. Hal is very different from John so there's variety. Unlike Flash where a Wally West movie would be the same as Barry just more immature.

There's an advantage to GL because hey! you don't like Hal? We'll give you John Stewart. He's black, he's a marine, he's more serious..here you go. But that's a disadvantage to Hal Jordan. He gets screwed over because of a bad casting choice or a bad writer/bad movie and he could be tossed out for decades. "He failed. Next! Bring in the other guy! No use wasting our time on Hal."

So it's kinda mixed.

I have a feeling Snyder/Goyer will do Hal Jordan over. Then I have another feeling that Green Lantern won't be used at all in the first JL movie and brought into the sequel to give everybody a rest. Im actually OK with any option they give us.
Hulk's not that limited. Even though Hal appeared 1st, Hulk became iconic whereas Hal didn't & for good reason. You can do different types of stories w/Hulk that can keep the GA interested & I really think TIH woulda made more money if HULK had never been made.

For the GA, I think GL's outlandish concept can only be made to work in live action w/a character who'd be interesting enough to be in a movie w/out superpowers. That's (JLU)John Stewart, the badass Marine who kicks ass & hooks up w/a hot chick he meets on the job. It's not Hal, the test pilot or whatever the hell he is that the GA doesn't care about w/the girlfriend nobody in the GA cares about.

I hope that the mistake they made in choosing Hal hasn't forever tainted the franchise. The only option at this point is to put John in JL & give him show stealing moments like Hulk had in Avengers. Maybe they can spin a John movie out of it if they do a good enough job. If they just make a GL movie w/John now he'd probably suffer the same problems TIH did, but worse

__________________
Best Hero ever:Spider-Man
Best Villain ever:Dr.Doom
SHH! DEMOCRATIC COALITION


Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
brainchild81 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #511
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,802
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

I disagree and think there's a reason why audiences HAVEN'T been interested in Hulk films much, because u can't do a whole lot of different stories. GL has more variety.

I think Hal can be very entertaining, and the only reason why the movie didn't work was because of bad CG, bad writing and poor casting choices. If they kept Strong as Sinestro, built him throughout the whole film as the villain, not a damn cloud or that other jabroni...with Chris Pine or somebody who people don't IMMEDIATELY think "comedy" with. Set it in space since audiences seem to love that, and get a more suitable director. A LONG laundry list, but if all those things happened, crowds would have eaten it up.

It has nothing to with Hal not being interesting or his girlfriend.

Stewart isn't a more "interesting" character than Hal, but I do think he's more to the point, serious, bad-ass, and just all around different. I agree that audiences could eat up a GL movie done right with John no problem. But they need to get all the things right that the 2011 movie got wrong.

Hal didn't taint the franchise, the makers of the movie did.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #512
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,588
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

you can definitely do more with gl.

ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #513
Lone
Bun-ed User
 
Lone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Syonan-To
Posts: 9,016
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

A good Easter egg for MOS would be to have Tomar-Re be there when Krypton goes kaboom.

Something as subtle as a glowing green streak GTFO there in the blast.

__________________
Loved MOS. Loved BvS. Loved SS. Loved WW. Loving the DCEU.

Zack Snyder deserves better.
Lone is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #514
Micromind
Side-Kick
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Shadows
Posts: 14,166
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Let's face it, Green Lantern is a tainted property right now, including Hal or even John Stewart would be greeted by "meh" response from general audiences.

But if there is a chance to redeem the GL property it is in the JL movie, for that just showing John Stewart (or Hal) would not be enough, they need to tie-in some other alien GL corp members (say Sinestro or Salaak) with the JL story.

__________________

Micromind is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #515
brainchild81
THE MASTER BUILDER
 
brainchild81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wherever I please, dammit!!!!
Posts: 2,968
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I disagree and think there's a reason why audiences HAVEN'T been interested in Hulk films much, because u can't do a whole lot of different stories. GL has more variety.

I think Hal can be very entertaining, and the only reason why the movie didn't work was because of bad CG, bad writing and poor casting choices. If they kept Strong as Sinestro, built him throughout the whole film as the villain, not a damn cloud or that other jabroni...with Chris Pine or somebody who people don't IMMEDIATELY think "comedy" with. Set it in space since audiences seem to love that, and get a more suitable director. A LONG laundry list, but if all those things happened, crowds would have eaten it up.

It has nothing to with Hal not being interesting or his girlfriend.

Stewart isn't a more "interesting" character than Hal, but I do think he's more to the point, serious, bad-ass, and just all around different. I agree that audiences could eat up a GL movie done right with John no problem. But they need to get all the things right that the 2011 movie got wrong.

Hal didn't taint the franchise, the makers of the movie did.
I think it's easier to make a John movie for the GA than a Hal one.

RR did the job the director told/allowed him to do. I don't think he's a bad actor because I've seen him play more serious roles & they weren't horrible. I've also seen him do comedic characters like Deadpool and it wasn't horrible because he had better material to work with and a getup that wasn't laughable. Every superhero flick he's been in has been horrible but it's never been his fault. Directors are supposed to direct. Pine woulda probably done a similar job working w/the same awful script & director.

Hulk had a weird movie w/a lame ending w/him fighting the absorbing dad in lame fashion. It's the kind of movie that makes people not want to spend money on another Hulk film. TIH suffered greatly from this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
you can definitely do more with gl.

GL does have more options but they won't mean anything unless it's a GL that the GA can get interested in. They didn't take Hal seriously b4 & they really won't now since the film sucked so hard

__________________
Best Hero ever:Spider-Man
Best Villain ever:Dr.Doom
SHH! DEMOCRATIC COALITION


Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!

Last edited by brainchild81; 05-04-2013 at 10:13 AM.
brainchild81 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #516
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

They didn't take Hal seriously because the film didn't work for them. It has nothing to do with Hal as a character, especially considering that he was written differently in the movie than he is in the comic books. Perhaps a comic book accurate Hal (a man LITERALLY without fear, a take-charge, born leader and a James T. Kirk who hits on anything that walks) wouldn't have worked either, but you don't know that for sure. Just like you also don't know that John Stewart (even a 100% comic book accurate one) would have been received any better than Hal was.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #517
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,802
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

I wouldn't normally put it on Reynolds, but when you think about it, maybe we should put SOME of the blame on this guy. If there's a pattern, 3 comic book movies that he chose to do, that all turned out a complete joke. Obviously the guy has no idea what a good script is. At least when it comes to the genre.

If GL is brought into JL via Zack Snyder/David Goyer, I really do think it's going to work out. I think it'll be a Ruffalo/Hulk situation. But look at that, Marvel's still not ready to make his own movie. I bet WB will feel the same after JL with Hal/John. "Maybe it's best to keep this guy exclusive to Zack's team-up". That's a convo I can see happening. We don't know yet.

I would suggest that GL may not be in the first movie til a sequel, but it's looking like there's some kind of Carol Ferris hint in MOS, so I guess he'll be there.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #518
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 2,914
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

As, I have said before and as has been mentioned by Bruce_Begins, JL is the ideal chance to make GL relevant to a GA again. Any solo movie before that will have the 2011 movie sized albatross around it's neck. In my opinion, there must be two things necessary in the JL film- the events in JL must LEAD to the Origins of John Stewart Green Lantern so as to drive good the point that Green Lantern is important to the Universe and not a sideshow. Also, helps establish the events from 'ground zero'. It's important though for the success of the movie itself that such a storyline must not feel tacky and added as an afterthought. Fortunately, that may not be as difficult to figure out.

Secondly, the actor MUST be either very good or a box office draw. Elba is obviously my favourite and having done Pacific Rim recently with WB, he may not be out of the realm of possibility.

Just my two cents.

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #519
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I wouldn't normally put it on Reynolds, but when you think about it, maybe we should put SOME of the blame on this guy. If there's a pattern, 3 comic book movies that he chose to do, that all turned out a complete joke. Obviously the guy has no idea what a good script is. At least when it comes to the genre.

If GL is brought into JL via Zack Snyder/David Goyer, I really do think it's going to work out. I think it'll be a Ruffalo/Hulk situation. But look at that, Marvel's still not ready to make his own movie. I bet WB will feel the same after JL with Hal/John. "Maybe it's best to keep this guy exclusive to Zack's team-up". That's a convo I can see happening. We don't know yet.

I would suggest that GL may not be in the first movie til a sequel, but it's looking like there's some kind of Carol Ferris hint in MOS, so I guess he'll be there.
I'm honestly not so sure that Carrie Farris thing means anything, to be honest. It's quite possible that character's name is never even said in the movie.

As for Reynolds, yeah, he does tend to pick bad scripts, but sometimes you have to go with what you're offered. Oddly, as bad as Blade Trinity was, that was the movie that made a lot of people consider him for other comic book roles because he bulked up and was actually quite charismatic despite some awful dialogue. And he was barely in Wolverine. I think GL had some rewrites during filming or something. I remember some people here got their hands on the original script and it was supposedly a lot better. I think the studio just ran out of money and they weren't able to do all of the things they wanted to with it. They probably could have, if they hadn't made the suit CGI. I actually liked the way it looked but I think they spent so much money trying to get that to work that they weren't able to include a lot of CGI-heavy scenes that would have improved the film.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #520
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,802
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
As, I have said before and as has been mentioned by Bruce_Begins, JL is the ideal chance to make GL relevant to a GA again. Any solo movie before that will have the 2011 movie sized albatross around it's neck. In my opinion, there must be two things necessary in the JL film- the events in JL must LEAD to the Origins of John Stewart Green Lantern so as to drive good the point that Green Lantern is important to the Universe and not a sideshow. Also, helps establish the events from 'ground zero'. It's important though for the success of the movie itself that such a storyline must not feel tacky and added as an afterthought. Fortunately, that may not be as difficult to figure out.

Secondly, the actor MUST be either very good or a box office draw. Elba is obviously my favourite and having done Pacific Rim recently with WB, he may not be out of the realm of possibility.

Just my two cents.
Im thinking the same. After that, Hunnam is going to be on everybody's shortlist. Right at the top. Marvel will try to get him for Quicksilver or something, which would piss me off because if he could have been used for Flash and Marvel took him for that...id start a war on here. But it's good he has loyalties to Del Toro, so he'll probably choose Constantine above anything else.

Im dying to know Elba's Marvel contract. I hope after Pacific Rim, WB goes crazy for Idris and decides he has to be either John Stewart or Martian Manhunter.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #521
Micromind
Side-Kick
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Shadows
Posts: 14,166
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

I would be fine with both Hal and John Stewart appearing in one movie together, you cannot just do away a character like Hal Jordan because he is needed for development of many GL stories with Sinestro.

How about Josh Duhamel for Hal Jordan ?


__________________

Micromind is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #522
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Please no. Duhamel is so bland.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #523
Micromind
Side-Kick
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Shadows
Posts: 14,166
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Chiwetel Ejiofor for John Stewart.


__________________


Last edited by Micromind; 05-04-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Micromind is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #524
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,802
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

I find Duhamel bland as well. He's too old for the role too.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #525
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,588
Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchild81 View Post



GL does have more options but they won't mean anything unless it's a GL that the GA can get interested in. They didn't take Hal seriously b4 & they really won't now since the film sucked so hard
common sense would say so but iron man 2 sucked almost as hard as gl and that hasn't stopped anyone from throwing their money at iron man 3.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.