View Poll Results: Re-cast Hal?
Yes 128 58.45%
No 91 41.55%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #276
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

RR talks JL
Quote:
"I don't know, if you're going to do a comic book movies in that vein you really have to get them right. Joss Whedon is a guy that just nails it, Christopher Nolan as well. If they were going to do it like that, yeah it would be interesting to do. Working on Green Lantern I saw how difficult it is to make that concept palatable, and how sort of confused it can all be when you don't really know where you're going with it or you don't really know how to access that world that comic book fans have been accessing for decades and falling in love with. So at this point I have very little interest in joining that, as always a very good script and great director could turn that around."

Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #277
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

guess that seals it then.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #278
shauner111
Side-Kick

seals what?

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 03-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #279
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Make what you will of this news I guess.

He's playing some excellent chess!

Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #280
Robin91939
Master Tim

I loved Ryan Reynolds' Hal Jordan. I think Reynolds is a highly underrated actor (see: Safe House, Buried). Under the right direction and script, he can be very, very strong. Hell, he delivered a fine performance in Green Lantern. He and Mark Strong made that movie watchable.

Give him a shot in Justice League. As he said about playing Deadpool in X-Men: Days of Future Past, it would be nice to come in and not carry the film on his shoulders. He'd work better as a supplemental piece of an ensemble film. He could be excellent in a Justice League film. Riffing off a straight-man Batman and Superman. He'd be very much in line with the Hal from the new 52.

-R

Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #281
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

He'll do it if it has the right script and director... pretty much what every other actor says about movies.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #282
shauner111
Side-Kick

Ryan's smart. He's definitely playing some chess with those words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
I loved Ryan Reynolds' Hal Jordan. I think Reynolds is a highly underrated actor (see: Safe House, Buried). Under the right direction and script, he can be very, very strong. Hell, he delivered a fine performance in Green Lantern. He and Mark Strong made that movie watchable.

Give him a shot in Justice League. As he said about playing Deadpool in X-Men: Days of Future Past, it would be nice to come in and not carry the film on his shoulders. He'd work better as a supplemental piece of an ensemble film. He could be excellent in a Justice League film. Riffing off a straight-man Batman and Superman. He'd be very much in line with the Hal from the new 52.

-R
Agree 100 %.

He stole the show in a supporting role in both Blade trinity and Wolverine. 2 movies that were horrible. He would be great in JL. Scenes where Reynolds is annoying the hell out of Bale just to get a reaction. Sounds hilarious.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 03-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #283
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
He'll do it if it has the right script and director... pretty much what every other actor says about movies.
Exactly, the same thing Bale said last Summer almost makes you wonder if WB told these guys to keep it hush hush.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #284
shauner111
Side-Kick

JGL said the same. They're truthful when they say it but I also think it's a negotiation tactic when they say things like that.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #285
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
JGL said the same. They're truthful when they say it but I also think it's a negotiation tactic when they say things like that.
I wonder if JGL knew all along WB wanted Bale back for the WF/JL role.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #286
shauner111
Side-Kick

Probably. Apparently they were indeed considering every option including Blake as Batman so I think they tossed Bealls script when no directors wanted it + JGL said no without a script AND they saw a way to get Nolan and Bale on board.

Was it last year or January, when Nolan made that 180 turn-around of an answer saying *with a smile* that he couldn't talk about JL. I mean, that tells me Jett is probably full of it. Looks like Nolan has been a lock for some time now, otherwise why would he give an answer like that? When just in the summer he was truthfully saying he doesn't want to be a part of it.

But back to Hal, I would love to see Reynolds back in the role in a Nolan-Snyder film. It would be really different. Just please erase the 2011 movie from our memories.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #287
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Probably. Apparently they were indeed considering every option including Blake as Batman so I think they tossed Bealls script when no directors wanted it, JGL said no without a script, and they saw a way to get Nolan and Bale on board.

Was it last year or January, when Nolan made that 180 turn-around of an answer saying *with a smile* that he couldn't talk about JL. I mean, that tells me Jett is probably full of it. Looks like Nolan has been a lock for some time now, otherwise why would he give an answer like that? When just in the summer he was truthfully saying he doesn't want to be a part of it.

But back to Hal, I would love to see Reynolds back in the role in a Nolan-Snyder film. It would be really different. Just please erase the 2011 movie from our memories.
Now what in the hell? I've never heard about this. There's definitely something going on behind-the-scenes with that. Everytime someone smiles and says they can't talk about a movie, it usually means they're involved.

Anyone have a link to this interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Exactly, the same thing Bale said last Summer almost makes you wonder if WB told these guys to keep it hush hush.
I think there's definitely more going on than we know.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #288
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah it was a big discussion a few months ago. It was around the time the JGL rumors were going wild and people were pissed but JGL denied any involvement. But Nolan was asked about his batman or jgl's being a part of JL and his answer was completely different from before.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #289
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

What about Michael Ealy for John Stewart

Last edited by IamtheBatman; 03-22-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #290
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
What about Michael Ealy for John Stewart
Aside from being black, Michael Ealy does not fit John Stewart at all.

However, he's always been my top choice for Black Manta.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #291
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Probably. Apparently they were indeed considering every option including Blake as Batman so I think they tossed Bealls script when no directors wanted it + JGL said no without a script AND they saw a way to get Nolan and Bale on board.

Also, Nolan couldn't mention if Bale does indeed make an appearance in MOS.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #292
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's not going to happen, Bale is really chubby right now, they would have to shoot it between now and May at the very latest.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #293
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's not going to happen, Bale is really chubby right now, they would have to shoot it between now and May at the very latest.
Could have shot in California back last Summer or back in 2011.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #294
shauner111
Side-Kick

Nah, there's no way Bale knew about this until recently. They wouldn't shoot a scene like that until all the contracts were signed, and Bale was only in talks this year.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #295
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:

Is Bale actually chubby or is that just a bodysuit for the movie?

Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #296
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Playing Chess? Please. Reynolds is trying to save face so when he gets Ed Norton'd he can say "I didn't want it anyway."

But if you want to believe that anyone wants anything to do with a movie that lost over $100 M at the box office and was universally panned, you guys keep dreaming.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #297
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is Bale actually chubby or is that just a bodysuit for the movie?
Nope he gained weight. You know Bale, he'll actually lose or gain the weight if he has to.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #298
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Playing Chess? Please. Reynolds is trying to save face so when he gets Ed Norton'd he can say "I didn't want it anyway."

But if you want to believe that anyone wants anything to do with a movie that lost over $100 M at the box office and was universally panned, you guys keep dreaming.
JL is a franchise with billion-dollar potential. Reynolds would be a damn fool to outright say he doesn't want to do it at all, regardless of GL tanking.

Quote:
Nope he gained weight. You know Bale, he'll actually lose or gain the weight if he has to.
Oh yeah, I forgot Bale was like that! He really is committed to his roles.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #299
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post

I agree that they dont want anything to do with that movie, but there is such a thing as bringing Ryan back and having him play a different version of the character. It would need explaining to do but it can work. Which is what they may consider for Bale.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #300
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
JL is a franchise with billion-dollar potential. Reynolds would be a damn fool to outright say he doesn't want to do it at all, regardless of GL tanking.

Oh yeah, I forgot Bale was like that! He really is committed to his roles.
That is unless WB wants him back at all Reynolds I mean.

Closed Thread