The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #376
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

While I waited in line for 20 minutes at walmart for a worker to activate someone's phone... I finally got my tickets. SWEET. A guy behind me said he wasn't going to see Man of Steel because Superman Returns was bad. I explained it was a new story and an origin, with a fresh take on the character and he bought some tickets when he wasn't even there for it. lol I should get a commission.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #377
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
While I waited in line for 20 minutes at walmart for a worker to activate someone's phone... I finally got my tickets. SWEET. A guy behind me said he wasn't going to see Man of Steel because Superman Returns was bad. I explained it was a new story and an origin, with a fresh take on the character and he bought some tickets when he wasn't even there for it. lol I should get a commission.
Awesome. I bow to you.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 05-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #378
Nicko-Ray
"Huh, that was awesome!"

Quote:
Glad. Surprised you also didn't get a "yeah but the actor playing Supes looks bad" or "I'm tired of origin stories".

Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #379
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I would've said nothing.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #380
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

I....don't mind SR...I'm watching it right now actually

Gotta say, the airplane sequence is awesome. Too bad it's just the one sequence

Old 05-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #381
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User

Doh Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I would've said nothing.
Well, he asked me what I was in line for because I had no merchandise. He started the conversation, and I was waiting in line for 20 minutes as walmart seems to not have enough people working on a saturday.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #382
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Glad. Surprised you also didn't get a "yeah but the actor playing Supes looks bad" or "I'm tired of origin stories".
I don't think he even realized it is a different actor as Superman.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #383
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

The airplane scene, the bullet to the eye, and the flight with Lois are all great. The rest of the film is like watching a soap opera meets fan-film.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #384
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
I....don't mind SR...I'm watching it right now actually

Gotta say, the airplane sequence is awesome. Too bad it's just the one sequence
The ONLY exciting sequence in an otherwise coma-inducing movie. Although, Kevin Spacey was golden in the movie JUST for this scene:

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 05-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #385
X Knight
Watchful Protector

speaking of Wal-mart, where abouts in Wal-mart did you guys get that MOS guide book??

I've looked twice and I can't seem to find it. and today, they had a MOS section setup with the merchandise. it was right in front of the mags and books, and I checked but couldn't find that guide book.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #386
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Well, the nice Bullet to the eye moment is ironically the moment that felt the most Zack Snyder-like to me. Zack fits Superman like a hand in a glove.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #387
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
speaking of Wal-mart, where abouts in Wal-mart did you guys get that MOS guide book??

I've looked twice and I can't seem to find it. and today, they had a MOS section setup with the merchandise. it was right in front of the mags and books, and I checked but couldn't find that guide book.
I haven't been able to find it either despite the big display being set up.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #388
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

The scene in SR where he saves the people in Metropolis during the disaster was great too.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #389
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Well, he asked me what I was in line for because I had no merchandise. He started the conversation, and I was waiting in line for 20 minutes as walmart seems to not have enough people working on a saturday.
I see.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #390
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

At the wal-mart I went to, they had them on the big man of steel display at the front of the store, right above the posters, and they also had them on a table with cupcakes where they were selling the tickets.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #391
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
At the wal-mart I went to, they had them on the big man of steel display at the front of the store, right above the posters, and they also had them on a table with cupcakes where they were selling the tickets.
thanks.

my store's MOS area is in the back. but I didn't see any MOS stuff at the front, except the big cut out telling people about the advanced tickets.

is it a big book, small book, hard cover, paperback??

Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #392
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User

My local store had the tickets, and nothing else to go along with it. Oh well.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #393
Nicko-Ray
"Huh, that was awesome!"

Quote:
I don't think he even realized it is a different actor as Superman.
Ah. One of those dudes lol.
Reminds me of a time I was sitting w/ my bud waiting for The Amazing Spider-Man to start. Got in a conversation with a guy who had question about the film and was a bit of a Raimi fan and was praising work in the Spider-Man series. I thought he was quite the fan until he addressed Doc Ock as "Doctor Octagon". But hey, a spidey fan is a fellow spidey fan, right? Lol

Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #394
Megalith
Banned User

The MOS book probably isn't worth it. There's seriously something wrong if Amazon doesn't stock it.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #395
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Ah. One of those dudes lol.
Reminds me of a time I was sitting w/ my bud waiting for The Amazing Spider-Man to start. Got in a conversation with a guy who had question about the film and was a bit of a Raimi fan and was praising work in the Spider-Man series. I thought he was quite the fan until he addressed Doc Ock as "Doctor Octagon". But hey, a spidey fan is a fellow spidey fan, right? Lol
LOL! nice

Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #396
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
The MOS book probably isn't worth it. There's seriously something wrong if Amazon doesn't stock it.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #397
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
The ONLY exciting sequence in an otherwise coma-inducing movie. Although, Kevin Spacey was golden in the movie JUST for this scene:

Well played

Agreed about the bullet-in-the-eye moment though.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #398
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Knowing me I probably would have broken out of my shell for a minute to tell the dude that it's not a sequel.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #399
MrMaooz
Banned User

No new spot tonight...well hopefully tomorrow then.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #400
joelfmusic

Hey guys check out the mock up I did for the Man of Steel OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqf-QtLW_Yk

Closed Thread