The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #426
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some blog and another forum doesn't really count.

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #427
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Sure it did. It's here and here... it's probably over at eyesskyward, although I haven't checked. It's not that big of a deal, and it may not hold any truth, but it is buzz and it is negative. I'm joking abot the official stuff, but if it does come, then yay.
A blog and another forum. With a few posts on it...that's.not.negative.buzz It's going to be negative buzz when it's all over the bigger news sites, Collider, AITCN, SHH front page, CBM, ScreenRant, Bleeding Cool, Latino Review...and it's REALLY going to be a big negative buzz if it's on Yahoo, L.A.Times, Variety, EW.... This is nothing.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #428
sup101
Side-Kick

^None of them sites reported it.Do we even know if it's real information.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #429
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
^None of them sites reported it.Do we even know if it's real information.
They won't stick their necks out reporting hearsay from an unreliable source via twitter. Especially when two others (Elmayimbe and another guy...forgot his name right now...he has a beard, lol..someone help me out, he's also in the game) said they've heard great things and didn't mention anything negative. You'd think something as important as the main lead not cutting it would come through in the so called great reactions...

Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #430
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Not even cbm reported it. It's not even buzz.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #431
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Not even cbm reported it. It's not even buzz.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #432
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

Maybe if we all stop talking about the film, WB will be forced try to make us care again.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #433
Denish
Side-Kick

"There is only one thing in the world that is worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"

Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #434
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
A blog and another forum. With a few posts on it...that's.not.negative.buzz It's going to be negative buzz when it's all over the bigger news sites, Collider, AITCN, SHH front page, CBM, ScreenRant, Bleeding Cool, Latino Review...and it's REALLY going to be a big negative buzz if it's on Yahoo, L.A.Times, Variety, EW.... This is nothing.
Whats weird is that the tweet mentions the most negative opinion he heard came from a professional critic when as far as we know and been reported MOS has only been screened to WB execs, their families and the crew....not the press.

Zimmer's score is complete and he's already moved on to another project.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #435
X Knight
Hope

wait.....what's this "negative buzz" I'm hearing about??

what did I miss??

Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #436
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

what did I miss??
Nothing...some dumbass on Twitter said that it was reported that Henry was the weakest link of the movie and easily replaceable. Just someone flapping their friggin lips and spewing ****

........ -Michael Myers
Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #437
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

what did I miss??
Tweets of mixed reactions to a screening saying Cavill's performance was iffy

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #438
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

That blog and forum are just regurgitating Poni_Boy's tweets. There's nothing new there.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 02-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #439
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

So Bryan Singer was recently interviewed by Moviefone. This is what he had to say about Man of Steel:

Question: What are your thoughts on the new Superman movie, "Man of Steel," coming out this year?

Singer: Oh, very excited to see it. I love the trailer, and I think Zack Snyder is incredibly talented. It would have been strange for me if this was a few years ago; it would have been a little weird. But now there's so much distance from that world that I'm actually pumped to see it, genuinely. So I'm just looking forward to it.

source: http://news.moviefone.com/2013/02/19...n_2716956.html

Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #440
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I'm a bit shocked... Can't believe that thing about bad reactions to MOS... I hope it all to be BS.

If that turns to be true, WB please.. No justice league!, I would prefer WB to stop ruining DC Comics superheros with bad movies.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #441
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
I'm a bit shocked... Can't believe that thing about bad reactions to MOS... I hope it all to be BS.

If that turns to be true, WB please.. No justice league!, I would prefer WB to stop ruining DC Comics superheros with bad movies.
I've been saying for the longest time the WB and DC need to distance themselves from one another. DC needs to have their own studio and make their own films and not let WB run them into the ground any more

........ -Michael Myers
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #442
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:

If you read the actual tweets, it's not bad reactions to the movie. There's mention of some people not being impressed by Cavill (only one actually said something full on negative), but reactions to other aspects and the film as a whole were quite positive.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #443
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTurtle View Post
If you read the actual tweets, it's not bad reactions to the movie. There's mention of some people not being impressed by Cavill (only one actually said something full on negative), but reactions to other aspects and the film as a whole were quite positive.
And that one is a professional critic... the only one in the room

Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #444
Glassjaw
In training

What I still dont understand is why a professional critic gets to view the film 4 months in advance, is this normal?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #445
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
What I still dont understand is why a professional critic gets to view the film 4 months in advance, is this normal?
That's what makes me think that all this is is BS from someone trying to gain attention and cause a stir...

........ -Michael Myers
Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #446
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

I know who the critic is, and it's an actual person who writes for a major film site who Pony Boy is referring to. That being said, who cares? Why does it bother anybody either way?

I hope that the section of the SHH that I moderate doesn't lower themselves to the actions I find in other sections of The Hype where every negative review is just "wrong" and the writers are "stupid". On the other side every positive review is "right on the money" and the writers should "win an award".

There are going to be negative reviews and there are going to be positive reviews. It's not going to score 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. There will be posters that will love it and some will hate it, why does that mean either side of the fence is right or wrong?

Henry Cavill isn't an Academy Award winner automatically just because he is putting on a Superman suit, and he doesn't have to be. He just has to be Superman to whomever the individual is watching him in the role.

It would be nice if we could find the middle between the "No Way, Cavill Is The Best!" and the "Cavill Is Awful!". I'm not saying you can't actually have those opinions, but you could also try to understand why "the opposition" feels that way and accept it.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #447
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Yes. That happens sometimes depending on the critic and who they know within the studio or production.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #448
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I know who the critic is, and it's an actual person who writes for a major film site who Pony Boy is referring to. That being said, who cares? Why does it bother anybody either way?

I hope that the section of the SHH that I moderate doesn't lower themselves to the actions I find in other sections of The Hype where every negative review is just "wrong" and the writers are "stupid". On the other side every positive review is "right on the money" and the writers should "win an award".

There are going to be negative reviews and there are going to be positive reviews. It's not going to score 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. There will be posters that will love it and some will hate it, why does that mean either side of the fence is right or wrong?

Henry Cavill isn't an Academy Award winner automatically just because he is putting on a Superman suit, and he doesn't have to be. He just has to be Superman to whomever the individual is watching him in the role.

It would be nice if we could find the middle between the "No Way, Cavill Is The Best!" and the "Cavill Is Awful!". I'm not saying you can't actually have those opinions, but you could also try to understand why "the opposition" feels that way and accept it.
Well dammit he should be!!!

........ -Michael Myers
Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #449
king666
Side-Kick

"This movie is grim and jammed together. The narrative isn't shaped coherently to bring out contrasts and build toward a satisfying climax. The Dark Knight is constant climax; it's always in a frenzy, and it goes on forever." Pro critic talking about The Dark Knight.

"The light, amusing bits cannot overcome the grinding, hectic emptiness, the bloated cynicism that is less a shortcoming of this particular film than a feature of the genre." Pro critic talking about The Avengers.

"The movie's first half is talky bordering on tiresome -- endlessly rehashing the same mix of frustrated puppy love, survivor guilt, and identity crisis." Pro critic talking about Spider-Man 2.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #450
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
And that one is a professional critic... the only one in the room
That really doesn't mean much. I'm actually more likely to write it off because of that. "Professional" critics can be pretty snooty at times. She could have been being overly critical. Some critics go into certain movies just looking to pick them apart.

Closed Thread