The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Whose the hottest in X2?
Famke Janson / Jean Grey 180 23.05%
Halle Berry / Storm 101 12.93%
Anna Paquin/ Rogue 271 34.70%
Rebecca Romain/ Mystique 97 12.42%
Kelly Hu/ Lady Deathstrike 127 16.26%
other 5 0.64%
Voters: 781. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2003, 04:06 AM   #301
serueg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yay! I'm the 150th person to vote. And I'm the 300th person to post. And I voted for Paquin and posted a pro Anna Paquin message. So there.

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 04:39 AM   #302
Joseph_Freefall
[insert witty title]
 
Joseph_Freefall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,913
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by serueg
Yay! I'm the 150th person to vote. And I'm the 300th person to post. And I voted for Paquin and posted a pro Anna Paquin message. So there.
Welcome to the Hype!, serueg. You're probably the first new member of 2003.

__________________
The Joey has spoken!
Joseph_Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 05:50 AM   #303
SPIDER-MAN X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Thailand
Posts: 286
Default

Woh!! I like this thread...and i like Kelly Hu.


SPIDER-MAN X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 06:29 AM   #304
Joseph_Freefall
[insert witty title]
 
Joseph_Freefall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,913
Default

And I like your new avatar, Spider-Man X.

In the end, all the X2 femmes are hot in their own ways.

Though I personally prefer Kelly Hu.

__________________
The Joey has spoken!
Joseph_Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 06:48 AM   #305
SPIDER-MAN X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Thailand
Posts: 286
Default

Thank you.

SPIDER-MAN X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:22 AM   #306
ChrisMarvel2002
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 194
Wink Halle

X-Men grossed 157 Million domestically(about 300 Million worldwide) none of her peverious films(with the exception of the
Flintstones) did 100 million. X-Men was her first blockbuster(Swoadfish didn't go past 80 million,and Monster's Ball finacally was not a hit) and does she feel gratefull for it? No. While DAD
will probally do better worldwide than X-men did(because It Is
Bond not because of her) I resent her not appreacting that It was
X-Men that brought her Into Blockbuster terrority. And I will bet
anyone here there Is no way In hell she will return for X3. And
Monster's Ball will be rembered because of her nudity(let's be
honest most who post here would only turn that on to see her
nude) and In public she Is not as hot as the others(Anna has her
beat hands down there) I may have better thoughts of her If In
promating X2 she has nice things to say about the film. But,for
me I'll take Anna,or Famke over her anyday.

ChrisMarvel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #307
Joseph_Freefall
[insert witty title]
 
Joseph_Freefall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,913
Default

I thought "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge" was what gave her her break. She won an award for that and it started everything for her, no?

__________________
The Joey has spoken!
Joseph_Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 09:12 PM   #308
Obsidian
The Dork Knight
 
Obsidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 12,795
Default

Yeah, I think so.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:35 PM   #309
Raiden
Wakanda Forever
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 29,293
Default

Actually, I thought that X-Men did alot for Halle Berry, but not just as a blockbuster. Remember that Halle had a hit-and-run accident that had the potential to derail her career then and there. However, the success of X-Men, plus her publicity for the movie, imo helped her get over the whole thing. She should be grateful that she gets to be in a movie with so many talented actors (not that she isn't one herself).

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:42 PM   #310
Joseph_Freefall
[insert witty title]
 
Joseph_Freefall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,913
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Raiden
Actually, I thought that X-Men did alot for Halle Berry, but not just as a blockbuster. Remember that Halle had a hit-and-run accident that had the potential to derail her career then and there. However, the success of X-Men, plus her publicity for the movie, imo helped her get over the whole thing. She should be grateful that she gets to be in a movie with so many talented actors (not that she isn't one herself).
Actually, I've been hearing that the hit-and-run is what made her popular to begin with.

__________________
The Joey has spoken!
Joseph_Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:48 PM   #311
Sammo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I thought it was Jungle Fever but I might be wrong.

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:51 PM   #312
Tigsam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Jungle Fever was just the movie that marked her motion picture acting debut. It was just a cameo and she played a crackhead so she's not really that recognizable (sp?) in that movie. I really think that the movie that launched her acting career was Bulworth (sp?).......

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:11 AM   #313
Sammo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Looks like we were all wrong. Her breakout hit was the miniseries "Queen" in 1993. The entire production received great reviews but her performance in the lead was singled out as especially noteworthy.

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:30 PM   #314
Oakley
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,980
Default Re: Hottest Women In X2

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisMarvel2002
Go look at Anna at some of her premieres. She just drools sex
appeal. And with Hurlyburly,Almost Famous,and 25th hour shows
she can heat up the screen too. And looks hot In that X2 promo.
Now actully I consider Halle Berry to be last on the hottiest list(she looked good nude but the others can be hot while clothed)
ALso If your white Halle wouldn't give you a second look(she Is
half white while she has the right to go with whoever she wants
I am just pointing that out) remember Anna,and Famke will likely
return for X3 but I will bet you Halle will not. Rebecca may not
eather but at least she has the excuse of not wanting to put the
mackup on again. After Anna i would pick Famke(I have had a
fantasy of Famke as a Domatrix) and I went to see I spy for her.
After Famke It is tough but I would go with Rebecca just above
Kelly(Halle Is last) Also on Halle I resent you forgeting X-Men was
her first blockbuster film(she chooses to forget than In Interview)
and X-Men actully did better domesticly than DAD
I totally agree! Halle Berry is so ugly when she has clothes on compared to Anna Paquin. By the way, did you see the new James Bond movie?

Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:39 PM   #315
Oakley
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,980
Default Re: Halle

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisMarvel2002
X-Men grossed 157 Million domestically(about 300 Million worldwide) none of her peverious films(with the exception of the
Flintstones) did 100 million. X-Men was her first blockbuster(Swoadfish didn't go past 80 million,and Monster's Ball finacally was not a hit) and does she feel gratefull for it? No. While DAD
will probally do better worldwide than X-men did(because It Is
Bond not because of her) I resent her not appreacting that It was
X-Men that brought her Into Blockbuster terrority. And I will bet
anyone here there Is no way In hell she will return for X3. And
Monster's Ball will be rembered because of her nudity(let's be
honest most who post here would only turn that on to see her
nude) and In public she Is not as hot as the others(Anna has her
beat hands down there) I may have better thoughts of her If In
promating X2 she has nice things to say about the film. But,for
me I'll take Anna,or Famke over her anyday.
First off, she had a very small role in the Flinstones, so why you brought that up, I don't know. When Halle Berry was in the 50 Most Beautiful People twice, I think, she was clothed. I guess the editors don't see Anna beating her hands down in that area. Next, X-Men did NOT bring her into superiority. The girl had a string of movies which made her a household name. Pick one: Boomerang, Queen, Introducing Dorothy Hale (she won a Golden Globe for her performance, and there was no nude sex scene if I remember correctly), Losing Isaiah, and Bulworth. She was also married to David Justice for a time, which further pushed her into the spotlight. You also have to remember that she's becoming a leading lady staying in a supporting role. I really doubt that X-Men is nearly as challenging as playing a woman trying to take back her child who was given away, or being a slave woman trying to make her life better. Personally, I have merely heard rumors about her, not much fact, as far as her "attitude." I admire the woman, and I think she's got Ms. Paquin beaten on the beauty thing, hands down.

Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:22 PM   #316
Kamikaze05
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 31
Default

i agree wit rouge..halle's got her beat

Kamikaze05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:51 PM   #317
Cyclops
Side-Kick
 
Cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a hotel room with my retarded younger brother.
Posts: 35,972
Default

Well, playing Devil's Advocate here, he didn't say "prominence", but "Blockbuster". He was saying that "X-Men" was the first blockbuster movie that Halle was in the spotlight for. And that she doesn't appreciate it at all.

__________________
"Hey Earl. Who would win? Muppets or He-Man?"
"Just He-Man or the Masters of the Universe?"
"Just He-Man."
"...... Muppets. Goodnight, Randy."
"Goodnight, Earl."
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 09:40 PM   #318
Oakley
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,980
Default I still don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclops
Well, playing Devil's Advocate here, he didn't say "prominence", but "Blockbuster". He was saying that "X-Men" was the first blockbuster movie that Halle was in the spotlight for. And that she doesn't appreciate it at all.
How so? The woman is at the height of her career, and she probably knows squat about these characters, so why should she care? I think to put things in perspective, it isn't important to her like it would be to a lot of her if you were in her shoes. She never downed the movie, she's just done with it. What's so wrong with that?

Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 10:37 PM   #319
Cyclops
Side-Kick
 
Cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a hotel room with my retarded younger brother.
Posts: 35,972
Default

I don't know, that's what he said. You were arguing prominence when he was arguing "blockbuster territory".

__________________
"Hey Earl. Who would win? Muppets or He-Man?"
"Just He-Man or the Masters of the Universe?"
"Just He-Man."
"...... Muppets. Goodnight, Randy."
"Goodnight, Earl."
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 04:24 AM   #320
Solid Snake
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 15,112
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Raiden
Actually, I thought that X-Men did alot for Halle Berry, but not just as a blockbuster. Remember that Halle had a hit-and-run accident that had the potential to derail her career then and there. However, the success of X-Men, plus her publicity for the movie, imo helped her get over the whole thing. She should be grateful that she gets to be in a movie with so many talented actors (not that she isn't one herself).
Hey Raiden, havent seen you in awhile!


Last edited by Solid Snake; 01-03-2003 at 04:40 AM.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:20 AM   #321
SPIDER-MAN X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Thailand
Posts: 286
Default

Splash!!


SPIDER-MAN X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:07 PM   #322
Raiden
Wakanda Forever
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 29,293
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Solid Snake
Hey Raiden, havent seen you in awhile!
What's up, Solid Snake! I usually post in the Daredevil forum, but I visit here often as well. It's nice to see so many pics of babes from X-Men posted here in this thread.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:13 PM   #323
Raiden
Wakanda Forever
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 29,293
Default Re: Re: Halle

Quote:
Originally posted by xrogue
First off, she had a very small role in the Flinstones, so why you brought that up, I don't know. When Halle Berry was in the 50 Most Beautiful People twice, I think, she was clothed. I guess the editors don't see Anna beating her hands down in that area. Next, X-Men did NOT bring her into superiority. The girl had a string of movies which made her a household name. Pick one: Boomerang, Queen, Introducing Dorothy Hale (she won a Golden Globe for her performance, and there was no nude sex scene if I remember correctly), Losing Isaiah, and Bulworth. She was also married to David Justice for a time, which further pushed her into the spotlight. You also have to remember that she's becoming a leading lady staying in a supporting role. I really doubt that X-Men is nearly as challenging as playing a woman trying to take back her child who was given away, or being a slave woman trying to make her life better. Personally, I have merely heard rumors about her, not much fact, as far as her "attitude." I admire the woman, and I think she's got Ms. Paquin beaten on the beauty thing, hands down.
The cable movie Halle Berry won the Golden Globe and Emmy was called "Introducing Dorothy Danridge", and she had very small partial nudity in that movie, but not enough to get noticed. I agree that that movie (which she also produced, I believe) helped get her acting skills recognized. But X-Men was probably her first big $100 million+ blockbuster (before Die Another Day), and I think it definitely helped her career-wise, even though she didn't have alot of screentime in it.

As far as comparing Halle Berry with Anna Paquin in the looks dept, both women are beautiful, but I'd give the edge to Berry. But Paquin is still young, and it'll just be a matter of time.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #324
Obsidian
The Dork Knight
 
Obsidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 12,795
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER-MAN X
Splash!!


__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 09:53 PM   #325
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,369
Thumbs up

Famke!!!

__________________
"Gone, gone the form of man,
Rise the demon Etrigan!"
Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.