The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #851
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Default Re: Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Its kinda funny that Sarah is the only 1 who gets laid.

Doesnt Rory get laid?? What about ole Ray Palmer?

Old 03-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #852
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I don't think Mick's had a single remotely romantic scene in the entire show....

Old 03-12-2018, 12:32 AM   #853
igoogol
Side-Kick

Legends isn't a soap opera or the love boat. 2 pairings is more than enough, thank you.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:39 AM   #854
LTuser
Banned User

True dat. We've yet to see most of the others have any real romance..

Old 03-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #855
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
If you don't like the fact Sara's Bi... then there's an easy solution. Turn the TV off
Sara's sexuality isn't the problem, it's the writers overuse of it. Ray & Kendra had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes, Kendra & Carter had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes. Heck, Sara gets more tongue action that Nate & Amaya seem too. There's no need for it.

Sara's in a relationship with another woman. Great. We get it. We don't really need to be reminded about it every episode.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #856
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
Sara's sexuality isn't the problem, it's the writers overuse of it. Ray & Kendra had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes, Kendra & Carter had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes. Heck, Sara gets more tongue action that Nate & Amaya seem too. There's no need for it.

Sara's in a relationship with another woman. Great. We get it. We don't really need to be reminded about it every episode.
I think they're doing that because they're building up a plot line which involves Ava, so they need to establish the relationship first. They'll build it up then break it down.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #857
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think they're doing that because they're building up a plot line which involves Ava, so they need to establish the relationship first. They'll build it up then break it down.
That may be the case with Ava, but it isn't the case any other time that Sara needs to make out, or sleep with another woman.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #858
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Did i have a post removed here?

Old 03-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #859
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
That's my sentiments exactly. WE KNOW already, that she's Bi. No need to keep it in your face almost every ep.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #860
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Who cares if she has a couple of kisses in each ep? I don't see how the few seconds it takes up is a problem.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:49 PM   #861
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
That's my sentiments exactly. WE KNOW already, that she's Bi. No need to keep it in your face almost every ep.

What's funny is, if this were a heterosexual relationship, your brain will train it towards "they're showing this relationship dynamic to show how it affects the rest of the show/character's motivations" which is happening RIGHT NOW, when you see Nate and Amaya's relationship.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
Old 03-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #862
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

TBH, there's absolutely no difference between showing Sara having a relationship with a woman than there is showing the Nate/Amaya relationship. neither is being pushed in our faces every episode.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #863
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

There is a running theme on all of these boards that a section of fans seem to have a real issue with romantic relationships in general being featured.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:20 PM   #864
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

There's only one issue i've had with the Sara-Ava relationship is that the moment they started really going down that route, Ava suddenly let half her hair down. just looked weird TBH

Old 03-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #865
herolee10
No More Miracles

Personally, my only issue with Sara is mainly on how this show feels like "DC's Sara and her Legends of Tomorrow" as opposed to being an ensemble show.

I wish they would portray the other legends in the same favorable light that they do with her, let alone allow someone else to be the one to deliver the final blow to a season's big bad.

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 03-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #866
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post

What's funny is, if this were a heterosexual relationship, your brain will train it towards "they're showing this relationship dynamic to show how it affects the rest of the show/character's motivations" which is happening RIGHT NOW, when you see Nate and Amaya's relationship.
No it wouldn't.. Its an action show, not a romance show.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:51 AM   #867
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
There is a running theme on all of these boards that a section of fans seem to have a real issue with romantic relationships in general being featured.
Yeah, it's like people ordering a burger and getting one the size of a quarter and the unasked for side salad is the size of their head, and then complaining about it. The nerve.

Legends is the only show that doesn't have this problem. There are no tedious love triangles, no shoehorned love interest. Ava isn't hanging around because she has nothing else to do. Sara isn't whining constantly about Ava Ava Ava. Both they and Nate/Amaya have to be the most healthy relationships in the Arrowverse right now. Legends doing romantic relationships right.

Last edited by igoogol; 03-13-2018 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #868
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
Yeah, it's like people ordering a burger and getting one the size of a quarter and the unasked for side salad is the size of their head, and then complaining about it. The nerve.

Legends is the only show that doesn't have this problem. There are no tedious love triangles, no shoehorned love interest. Ava isn't hanging around because she has nothing else to do. Sara isn't whining constantly about Ava Ava Ava. Both they and Nate/Amaya have to be the most healthy relationships in the Arrowverse right now. Legends doing romantic relationships right.
Apparently you missed the Ray/Kendra/Carter stuff.

It's the scenes themselves that somewhat bother me; Sara and Ava can't be in an episode together without a quick smooch, or that awkward tension being made obvious, whereas Nate & Amaya can - and have. If it isn't Ava, then it's some other woman that Sara manages to seduce. Barry & Iris don't always have akward scenes, neither does Ollie & Felicity, neither did Dinah & Vince, nor Thea & Roy, nor Joe & Cecile. Sara seems to be the exception, if not Sara, then any gay couple; Maggie & Alex, Paul & Curtis, and now Sara & Ava.

It's possible that I'm just looking into it a bit too much, but it certainly seems that the gay relationships (or in Sara's case, the Bisexual ones) are more pushed.

Last edited by Flash525; 03-13-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #869
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Exacept it's nothing like that, as for the second paragraph, if by healthy you mean unrealistic, then sure.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #870
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Exacept it's nothing like that, as for the second paragraph, if by healthy you mean unrealistic, then sure.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #871
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
What is it that you were doing again?

Old 03-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #872
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
You're welcome.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #873
igoogol
Side-Kick

There are fans of Iris, the Iris show and all things Iris. Too bad the show is called Flash and not The Iris, and no amount of shoehorning is going to hide that she's not Flash. Interesting that pointing these things out bugs her fandom so much. And of course, a person who can't do anything without their S.O. or a S.O. who has no life outside of their partner is realistic. Creepy and pathetic but realistic.

Good thing this board is about Legends and not Flash. Also good that Sara/Ava and Amaya/Nate are nothing like toxic WA. Of course, should Legends turn into a soap opera or Ava of Tomorrow, I'll change my tune. Until then Legends is hands down the best supes show, and that's not just me saying that.

Last edited by igoogol; 03-13-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #874
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Good thing this board is about Legends and not Flash. Also good that Sara/Ava and Amaya/Nate are nothing like toxic WA. Of course, should Legends turn into a soap opera or Ava of Tomorrow, I'll change my tune. Until then Legends is hands down the best supes show, and that's not just me saying that.
As far as the four (or five - if you include BL) shows go, and despite my ... issues with Sara's character, Legends is by far the most fun of all the shows. I like Arrow too, because it's more dark and gritty and doesn't necessarily offer up the over-complication with superpowers.

As much as I watch Flash & Supergirl though, I find myself rolling my eyes quite a bit. I haven't really got involved with BL as much (yet) though from what I have seen, it currently comes across as ... samey. I guess we'll see how that one develops, because it's again different to the other shows.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #875
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
There are no tedious love triangles, no shoehorned love interest. Ava isn't hanging around because she has nothing else to do. Sara isn't whining constantly about Ava Ava Ava. Both they and Nate/Amaya have to be the most healthy relationships in the Arrowverse right now. Legends doing romantic relationships right.
Where i DO find them pairing up Nate and Amaya as 'showhorned'.. BUT i do agree, it's great there's no hankey pankey with a love triangle, or worse..

Closed Thread