The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #776
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Default Re: "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached?

I love the vat of acid/failed comedian origin. I’d be happy to see that in this movie. It doesn’t take away from the mystique because it’s just one possibility.

Heath Ledger’s Joker was 10 years ago. The lack of an origin worked for that portrayal but I want to see the origin. Even if it’s just one possibility.

One thing is for sure, I need to see Batman in this. He should be wraith-like, along the lines of the Joker origin sequences in Arkham Origins. He should be less monstrous than that version though. You could really hire just about any intimidating dude if they go for that type of Batman.

Who else do we want to see in this? I really think a strong story for this could be formed around an amalgamation of TKJ and Azzarello’s Joker. Joker featured Two-Face, Penguin, Croc, Harley, and Riddler. I think this movie could be the perfect reintroduction to some of those characters.

I want the mainline Batman movies to focus on villains we’ve never seen before like the Court of Owls, Hugo Strange, or Clayface. This Joker movie is the perfect way to feature classic rogues like Two-Face, Riddler, and Penguin in a fresh way

Old 03-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #777
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
No, it's not canon within in the DC comics universe. Unless there is some official statement from DC, or a panel from the comics that says this is Joker's canon origin. Being the most referenced doesn't make it canon. Unless again someone has proof of otherwise I'm unaware of.
Are you referring specifically to the vat incident, or before? Because the chemical bath is the lone consistent factor in all of Joker's background tellings since his inception. I've been out of touch on comics for the past few years or so, but I don't recall anyone telling that specific moment differently.

If no alternate telling exists of how Joker got his white skin and such, that's as close to canon as it gets.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #778
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
If no alternate telling exists of how Joker got his white skin and such, that's as close to canon as it gets.
Does that rationale factor in to the whole immortality thing as well?

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 03-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #779
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Does that rationale factor in to the whole immortality thing as well?
That has never came off to me as a very concrete idea adopted by the creators. It’s one of those cool theories to ponder about once in a while. It would have to take on a more explicit form and be passed on across the eras until that can really hold ground.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #780
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
That has never came off to me as a very concrete idea adopted by the creators. It’s one of those cool theories to ponder about once in a while. It would have to take on a more explicit form and be passed on across the eras until that can really hold ground.
He's just pale as a vampire. *shuffle clap hands* done.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 03-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #781
The Guard
Side-Kick

Pretty sure that DC has actually made public statements about The Killing Joke being in canon. Most recently before The New 52 and Rebirth. There are nods to it in Doomsday Clock as well.

He’s not actually immortal. Remember, The Joker is an unreliable narrator. It’s a metaphor for madness and evil, and a play on the “Joker always cheats death” concept.

-Me

Last edited by The Guard; 03-10-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #782
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Are you referring specifically to the vat incident, or before?
The vat incident. It's the only consistency, and was just a means to how he got bleached skin. Who he was before is a total mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Pretty sure that DC has actually made public statements about The Killing Joke being in canon.
The only part of TKJ they have ever said is canon is Barbara's crippling. If you think you have seen statements from them saying Joker's origin in it is canon then post them. Because a Google search is turning up nothing for me.

- The Joker
Old 03-10-2018, 05:47 PM   #783
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Didn't Hush Returns confirm it or connect it ? Not that Hush Returns counts for anything...

Old 03-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #784
Guts
Gul

Old 03-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #785
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

^Wow...

Better than Leto, by the way.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
Old 03-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #786
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

If you ignore the hair he actually looks pretty great. The make-up job is bang on and he's got a good face for it.

"I don't wanna kill you, I need ya, why should I kill you? WHY? WHY SHOULD I KILL YOU? I DON'T WANNA KILL YOU, BECAUSE YOU COMPLETE ME. YES!"

Aziz
Old 03-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #787
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
I can't deal with this right now.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #788
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
If you ignore the hair he actually looks pretty great. The make-up job is bang on and he's got a good face for it.

"I don't wanna kill you, I need ya, why should I kill you? WHY? WHY SHOULD I KILL YOU? I DON'T WANNA KILL YOU, BECAUSE YOU COMPLETE ME. YES!"
Right...

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 03-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #789
Kane52630
New Cydonian User

Old 03-12-2018, 06:41 PM   #790
David H.
Got some waffles?

That was, somehow, both better and worse than I could have expected.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #791
80s Bullock
Side-Kick

"The Killing Joke" origin isn't overly realistic, psychologically speaking. It's simple and comic book-y. But that's true of the whole comic, it just doesn't make sense for the Joker to try to justify himself. "Going Sane" is a much better story.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #792
Travesty
Side-Kick

"Have you ever danced with the DEVIL, in the pale moonLIGHT?"

Old 03-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #793
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
So basically The disaster artist made Tommy a human click-bait. Ok he's desperate and has zero self-awareness but I don't even fimd this video funny or interesting.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 03-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #794
Boom
I got nothin'

Yeah I don't find him particularly amusing. He needs to go away.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #795
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Lighten up. It's only a bit of harmless fun.

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 03-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #796
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
i shouldn't want this......... but i want this

Old 03-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #797
Kane52630
New Cydonian User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
So basically The disaster artist made Tommy a human click-bait. Ok he's desperate and has zero self-awareness but I don't even fimd this video funny or interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Yeah I don't find him particularly amusing. He needs to go away.

Come on debbie downers...

Old 03-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #798
Guts
Gul

Comic book movies about clowns are really serious.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #799
3rdstone
Original Manhunter

"You're not the Baatmen, get out! I need Baatmen, where is he?!"

Old 03-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #800
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Print his face on the $1 bill.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Closed Thread