Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #826
Thanos
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Guns thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post

I reiterate; If that much-feared 'tyrannical government' ever should try to enslave the populace, it will not be stopped by a pack of wanna-be-bad-ass nits armed with assault rifles.
Tanks do not flinch at assault rifles.
Air strikes are untouchable by assault rifles.
Yet, a "pack of wanna-be-bad-ass nits armed with assault rifles" in the middle east have been doing a decent job against the world's largest army while being bombarded by air strikes. They also pushed the Soviet Union back out of their lands armed with "assault" rifles.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #827
STINGRAY
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Yet, a "pack of wanna-be-bad-ass nits armed with assault rifles" in the middle east have been doing a decent job against the world's largest army while being bombarded by air strikes. They also pushed the Soviet Union back out of their lands armed with "assault" rifles.
We are not talking about troops in a foreign land where the terrain, the culture and the language are against them, this is a hypothetical take-over of the U.S. BY the U.S Government...and no 'well-armed militia' is going to be able to stand against a full-on military take-over..IF one were to happen....

Which is ridiculous anyway..

U.S Troops going rifle-to-rifle with U.S. Citizens would be a tough sell to U.S. Troops, who after all...are U.S. Citizens, too !

Even if the case were to be made for anything more than a limited Ruby Ridge-style debacle, the conspiracy scenario of a mass take-over at gunpoint would be logistically untenable without weapons of mass destruction being involved.

Assault rifles are pop-guns by comparison.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #828
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah...while being illegally funded with tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars in equipment and ordinance. Guerrilla warfare is a bad example on home soil since the US government possesses perfect information on all fronts.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #829
STINGRAY

I`ll also add that --in my own experience--every shooter with an assault rifle that I have ever met was A LOUSY SHOT.

That itchy trigger finger just keeps squeezing, with little-to-no attention to actual accuracy, pumping out rounds... until their mag is dry.

Sloppy.

Forget assault rifles...Just LEARN TO SHOOT.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #830
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
I have yet to hear anyone give a valid and unassailable argument in favor of assault rifle ownership... It all seems to me, in reality, to come down to; "Because they`re cool and we want to own them!"

For ME, why i feel we should be allowed AR's, is that it should NOT be up to others to dictate to ME (or anyone else) what sort of firearms i should or shouldn't be allowed to own..

Quote:
Quote:
Personally, I think that if you really believe that you NEED an assault rifle to defend your home ...Spraying bullets like confetti...

You need to get off your lazy arse and LEARN TO SHOOT.

Marksmanship should be your goal...Not high rate of firepower.
And since the NRA promotes proper gun safety and training, i would feel you and others would be more in FAVOR of the NRA..

Old 03-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #831
STINGRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
...since the NRA promotes proper gun safety and training, i would feel you and others would be more in FAVOR of the NRA..

I used to belong to the NRA...

Then they became more about rabidly pushing political agendas with a ranting, screeching voice and a lock-step mentality...

It should NOT be up to others to dictate to ME (or anyone else) what sort of people I should vote for, or what businesses I should patronize.

No... I cannot support the Nazi Riflemen Of America.

Last edited by STINGRAY; 03-13-2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #832
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
I watch a lot of Vice pieces on the battles in the middle east. The idea that all they have are assault rifles would be ludicrous.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:28 AM   #833
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
....Yet those are the two immediate go-to reasons given for ownership of assault rifles.
Hunting i can see. BUT home defense? With the Muzzle velocity of AR's, they aer IMO too powerful for home defense, as you can get rounds going through walls, and into Neighbours houses..

Quote:
Only the rabid nut-bars and mental misanthropes espouse the original reason for Amendment II...and they only do so as justification to OTHER nut-bars and mental misanthropes.
Because those are the only people who would listen to such drivel.
Seeing how history is rife though, with instances of the population getting disarmed then getting taken over by a tyrannical govt, i say its stupid to NOT pay attention to history.

Quote:
I reiterate; If that much-feared 'tyrannical government' ever should try to enslave the populace, it will not be stopped by a pack of wanna-be-bad-ass nits armed with assault rifles.
You assume the military would willingly get involved in any such attempted govt take over of the population..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Yeah...while being illegally funded with tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars in equipment and ordinance. Guerrilla warfare is a bad example on home soil since the US government possesses perfect information on all fronts.
Do they? How do they have 'perfect' information? DO they know who all lives where?? With the consistent chatter about "WE don't know who the illegals are and where" it certainly doesn't sound like it.
And not every state requires people to register their guns, ergo again they won't have perfect info on who has what..

Quote:
I`ll also add that --in my own experience--every shooter with an assault rifle that I have ever met was A LOUSY SHOT.
Of those few people i personally know with AR's, two routinely hit the ranges (Twice a year), to keep their military qual level up. One still IS in the mil, and so keeps getting training (he owns one personally as well, and does his own range time too).. Only a hand full DON'T do any range time on their own, so they might be lousy shots..

Quote:
It should NOT be up to others to dictate to ME (or anyone else) what sort of people I should vote for, or what businesses I should patronize.
So yo are not ok then with YOUR tax money going to planned parenthood, who then turns around and spends millions on JUST ONE party's political agenda??

Quote:
No... I cannot support the Nazi Riflemen Of America.
And to ME< someone who calls them Nazis of America, is obviously unwilling to ever hear anything else but what he's already made up in his own mind..

Old 03-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #834
STINGRAY

Quote:
And to ME< someone who calls them Nazis of America, is obviously unwilling to ever hear anything else but what he's already made up in his own mind..
--You must have missed the part wherein I stated that I USED TO BE IN THE NRA....
Therefore, this is an informed decision--also, a personal one--and thus not subject to value determination by your own agenda-driven bias.

Oh--and that was NAZI RIFLEMEN OF AMERICA, not just 'Nazis of America'..

Pay attention if you want to throw rocks at my opinions..it makes it slightly harder for me to refute your erroneous conclusions.

Last edited by STINGRAY; 03-14-2018 at 01:35 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-14-2018, 01:54 AM   #835
Aximili86
Side-Kick

Quote:

Purely devil's-advocate here (the militia types are morons), but it's not like the U.S. military hasn't been fought to a standstill by a motivated insurgency oh, twice in recent years.

5 million NRA members, probably another 60-70-80 million of the populace with at least certain sympathies/agreement on parts of what they're talking about.

That ain't nothin'. Assuming some hypothetical crazy tyranical regime wanted to actually rule over a populace and not just wipe them all out with blanket bombing, they're going to have a hard time. Urban street-to-street fighting, even when better armed, is pretty much a nightmare situation.

Of course, it's never gonna happen, so yeah...

Old 03-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #836
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

The Maine Republican Congressional candidate has apologized and deleted his Twitter for calling Emma Gonzalez a skinhead lesbian and saying she wasn’t a survivor because she was in a different part of the school

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #837
Teelie
Merc with a paintbrush

Hey, remember that "brilliant" idea of arming teachers with guns? Teacher accidentally fires gun and injures student during safety lesson. Yeah.

Quote:
A teacher accidentally discharged a firearm while teaching a public safety class, injuring one student at a Northern California school on Tuesday, police said.

Dennis Alexander, who is Seaside City's mayor pro tem and a reserve officer with the Sand City Police Department, was teaching a lesson at Seaside High School in Seaside, California when he pointed his gun into the ceiling and accidentally fired it, said Abdul Pridgen, the city's police chief.

A 17-year-old student was injured by a bullet fragment or by debris that fell off the ceiling, Pridgen said.

The student's injuries appeared superficial and were not life threatening, police said.

Alexander has been placed on administrative leave from his teaching job, a spokesperson with the Monterey Peninsula Unified School District said.

"I think a lot of questions on parents' minds are, why a teacher would be pointing a loaded firearm at the ceiling in front of students," Superintendent PK Diffenbaugh told CNN affiliate KSBW. "Clearly in this incident protocols were not followed."

It's unclear why the teacher was displaying the firearm.

The shooting comes a day before students and teachers across the country participate on walk out to honor the 17 people killed at Stoneman Douglas and call for stricter gun control laws.

The student's father Fermin Gonzales said he understands that it was an accident but said that "somebody could have died."

"It's just so crazy, I can't believe it," he said.

Gonzales said Tuesday's incident changed his views about President Donald Trump's recent proposal to arm teachers.

"I was kinda leaning toward having armed people in school in case something happened. After today, I get why people say there should be no guns in schools," Gonzales said.

"If there's an accident -- people could die. If it's just one, that's more than enough," he added.

Guns in schools are illegal in California but there is an exception for peace officers or those granted specific permission.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #838
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
Hey, remember that "brilliant" idea of arming teachers with guns?
Yeah.
Just cause of one dumb****, being an idiot, does not mean we shouldn't arm teachers or have guards in schools with guns.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #839
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

So, a school in my state went into "lockdown" in order to keep students from doing a walkout.

Disgraceful.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #840
STINGRAY

Quote:
Just cause of one dumb****, being an idiot, does not mean we shouldn't arm teachers or have guards in schools with guns.
Problem is, there is always going to be ANOTHER "dumb****", there is never just "one".

Surely a learned student of history, (such as yourself) should be aware of that.

Oh, by the way--check the news--we`re up to TWO "dumb****"s now.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #841
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Trained officers is one thing, we have men and women from the Sheriff's Department at each of our schools, armed teachers is a far different thing.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #842
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
So, a school in my state went into "lockdown" in order to keep students from doing a walkout.

Disgraceful.
That is the most dumb ass thing I have heard in awhile. Most of these walk outs were for 17 minutes. My school is on Spring Break, as are many, but seriously.....let them walk out for the 17 minutes, and then move on with the day. Good grief....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #843
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I don't get the message some of these school are trying to send to these kids when they do stuff like that.

I saw that a superintendent basically threatening kids with 3 day suspension if they walked out and this genius didn't even seem to realize his schools were on spring break at the time.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:39 PM   #844
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
That is the most dumb ass thing I have heard in awhile. Most of these walk outs were for 17 minutes. My school is on Spring Break, as are many, but seriously.....let them walk out for the 17 minutes, and then move on with the day. Good grief....
It's insane, because they didn't know if there was an incident or not. A whole lot more students promptly sat in front of the office for 17 minutes. We will see how they handle the next one planned on April 20th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I don't get the message some of these school are trying to send to these kids when they do stuff like that.

I saw that a superintendent basically threatening kids with 3 day suspension if they walked out and this genius didn't even seem to realize his schools were on spring break at the time.
Sam Bee just had a clip of a school official trying to stop a student from giving a speech because "the gathering wasn't right for politics, it was about unity". Talk about ignorant.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #845
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
The Maine Republican Congressional candidate has apologized and deleted his Twitter for calling Emma Gonzalez a skinhead lesbian and saying she wasn’t a survivor because she was in a different part of the school

That happened?

Old 03-15-2018, 01:40 AM   #846
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post

Disgraceful.
Isn't the school legally responsible for the safety of all the students during school time? If so, and those kids did walk out and then somehow got injured, who'd do you think would be getting the blame? Perhaps the school?

Quote:
Problem is, there is always going to be ANOTHER "dumb****", there is never just "one".
So by that illogic, just cause we will always have some dumb ****s who drive drunk, or high, or distracted while texting, lets do away with the laws against it..

Old 03-15-2018, 03:48 AM   #847
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post

That happened?
https://www.thecut.com/2018/03/candi...-skinhead.html

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #848
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
What a ****ing piece of ****. He should resign, attacking a citizen like that is unacceptable.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 AM   #849
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
And if that dumba** had just been an idiot in your child's classroom and gotten your kid shot, you're still cool with arming dumba**es and putting them in classrooms?

This is a simple yes or no question. Please keep your response to a single word answer.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #850
Teelie
Merc with a paintbrush

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Trained officers is one thing, we have men and women from the Sheriff's Department at each of our schools, armed teachers is a far different thing.
Let me reinforce something: Dennis Alexander, who is Seaside City's mayor pro tem and a reserve officer with the Sand City Police Department, was teaching a lesson at Seaside High School in Seaside, California when he pointed his gun into the ceiling and accidentally fired it, said Abdul Pridgen, the city's police chief.

Yes, this guy was only a reserve officer but I'm going out on a limb and assuming even a reserve officer has had fire arms training and experience. And he still managed to fire off his gun in a classroomwith children in it.

And this isn't even the first time. "I'm the only one in this room, professional enough that I know of, to carry this glock 40." Promptly shoots himself.

Closed Thread