Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #51
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: MCU Fight: Thor vs Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Thought I did vote, for Thor.

In terms of tanking others attacks.....

After Thor was temporarily disabled by Grandmaster he was KOd by Hulk and woke up in the Hulk's lounge. Hulk took Thor's massive lightning uppercut and was woozy, but not out. I believe Thor could have gotten the upper hand there, but we'll never know. However, Hulk put Thor to sleep, no doubt about that.
Context. Hulk jumped like 15 seconds into the air and punched him. Hulk will never be able to land that hitbin a real fight.

Also worth noting, the obedience disk also put Thor to sleep earlier in the movie.

So we dont really know if Hulk put Thor to sleep by himself or if he had help from a disk.

All we know is Hulk super punch KO'd Thor while he was incapacitated by a device that had previously KO'd him

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 03-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #52
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm pretty sure the punch KO'ed Thor, but the circumstances behind Hulk's "victory" were dubious in T:R

Old 03-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #53
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thör-El View Post
Thor. Ragnarok showed us he can give Hulk trouble through skill/strength/speed/durability alone, even whilst trying to reason with Hulk and whilst missing mjolnir/lightning. If he has his lightning and fights to win from the start then Hulk eventually goes down to the lightning punches that were giving him concussion or one of the strikes he hit Hela with. If you gave him Mjolnir back alongside the power boost it'd become outright unfair.

As for the tiers I think there are a few versions to rank:

Transcendent Tier
Hela
Ronan with the Power Stone
Thor (post Ragnarok)
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)
Kurse

Powerhouse Tier
Thor (with Mjolnir)
Hulk
Ghost Rider
Fenris
Hulkbuster
Thor (no Mjolnir, no lightning)
Abomination

Street tier:
Daredevil
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Punisher
Depowered T'Challa
Elektra
Okoye
Depowered Thor
Phil Coulson
Nick Fury
Bruce Banner
Thor now may be trans tier, but we cant place him.above characters he hasn't battled yet. As BT said, these arent just battles for the hell of it. We are using these battles to structure this ranking system

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 03-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #54
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I'm pretty sure the punch KO'ed Thor, but the circumstances behind Hulk's "victory" were dubious in T:R
It definitely did.

But Thor was also incapacitated by a device that had previously KO'd him so it's definitely dubious

Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #55
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterson View Post
This poll is starting to look about as legitimate as a Russian "election".

Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #56
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Thor only got KO'ed by Hulk's super punch because he got incapacitated first by the obedience disk and wasn't able to do anything. Simple as that. The end was totally rigged but the Grandmaster in order for Hulk to pull the "win". The Grandmaster has seen countless of gladiatorial fights during his life span and he knew right then and there that his Champion was in trouble which made him act in his best interest.

We know exactly what happened. Hulk was only able to take Thor down after Thor got incapacitated by the obedience disk. Not really being able to respond Thor was powerless.

The Grandmaster was willing to give Thor his freedom if he could defeat the Hulk. Thor had the clear advantage when the fight was stopped. The Grandmaster knew this and turned the tables around giving Hulk the easy chance of securing the "victory". The reason for this was because he was afraid Hulk was going to lose... the people where backing up Thor who would then become the new Champion but the problem was that his freedom was on the line and he wouldn't stay there for their amusement.

So in the end if Thor had won, the Grandmaster would end up without a champion to keep the people entertained and under control, Sakaar wouldn't have a champion to cheer and without that they would likely focus on the real problems of the planet like they did when Hulk escaped Sakaar and the revolution began.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #57
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

And by the way Hulk has been knocked out before against the Hulkbuster. So Hulk can be knocked out.
The way Thor was landing those charged blows and coming on top of the exchanges... would most likely be a matter of time until he also delivered the knockout blow to Hulk.

We saw how Thor tanked everything Hulk had to offer and still came back from it. Thor was also shown to be much faster and more skilled than Hulk. And his normal punches to the body really hurt Hulk so if Thor was charged up from the beginning and was not trying to calm Hulk down he would have been able to keep delivering powered up shots to Hulk that would make much more damage with Hulk not really being able to do much about it.

As we have seen before Hulk can be knocked out. And several times during the fight against Thor, Hulk was on the ground visible shaken and needing time to compose himself. It's a matter of Thor keep landing shots until Hulk is wron out enough to deliver the KO blow.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #58
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Lol what the?

It was 24 to 8 when I last checked a few hours ago, where in the world did those 22 votes for Hulk come from that fast?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhesive Boy View Post
Lol, this is quite the suspect change in the poll results. Suddenly a big amount of votes that puts this well above the number of votes of other polls, and yet there was no new posts at the same time.

Probably some sensitive fan (or fans) angry that Thor has been shown to be clearly more powerful in the MCU. I think most people suspect how this was done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterson View Post
This poll is starting to look about as legitimate as a Russian "election".
Something a little dodgy definitely went on here yesterday, my wifi started acting up so I didn't have a chance to post about it at the time. When I made my previous post in the thread last night, Hulk had 7 votes to Thor's 25 which is why I said that Thor was kicking ass in my post. Only 3-4 hours later I came back into the thread and all of a sudden Hulk had over 30 votes despite there being no further posts made in the thread at all. I highly doubt 25 or so legitimate posters would come in here and vote without leaving a comment, it's all rather suspicious.

BT, as the person who started the poll, can you see who voted for who? It would be interesting to see...

"You leapt from crumbling bridges watching cityscapes turn to dust."

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 03-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #59
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Context. Hulk jumped like 15 seconds into the air and punched him. Hulk will never be able to land that hitbin a real fight.

Also worth noting, the obedience disk also put Thor to sleep earlier in the movie.

So we dont really know if Hulk put Thor to sleep by himself or if he had help from a disk.

All we know is Hulk super punch KO'd Thor while he was incapacitated by a device that had previously KO'd him

Watching it right now. Thor gets zapped. Hulk jumps. Before he lands Thor puts up a hand, sort of a futile gesture. Next thing Thor wakes up while having a sponge bath in Hulk's lounge

Was the fight rigged, absolutely. I think Thor would have won eventually, but I think it was closer than people think. The body blows Thor landed hurt Hulk, but the few punches Hulk landed sent Thor flying ( except when Hulk was on top of Thor beating his face in). Without the lightning power up moment that fight was over.

Would Thor win in a fight, I think so, but the circumstances would matter and Thor would really have to work for it.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #60
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
Something a little dodgy definitely went on here yesterday, my wifi started acting up so I didn't have a chance to post about it at the time. When I made my previous post in the thread last night, Hulk had 7 votes to Thor's 25 which is why I said that Thor was kicking ass in my post. Only 3-4 hours later I came back into the thread and all of a sudden Hulk had over 30 votes despite there being no further posts made in the thread at all. I highly doubt 25 or so legitimate posters would come in here and vote without leaving a comment, it's all rather suspicious.

BT, as the person who started the poll, can you see who voted for who? It would be interesting to see...
We didn't do that, but it would be a good idea to see if we can do it from here on out. I will discuss it with BT and Surfer,

A way to do this would be to subtract those 22 votes Hulk got from the total, or just go by user posts in this forum.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #61
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Dubious is such an overly diplomatic word for it that I'm suspecting that you posted that while having the Grand Master with his melt stick next to you.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #62
Thör-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor now may be trans tier, but we cant place him.above characters he hasn't battled yet. As BT said, these arent just battles for the hell of it. We are using these battles to structure this ranking system
That's fair I guess but is the plan to just do a composite Thor rather than Thor (Ragnarok), Thor (with Mjolnir) and depowered Thor?
There are different versions of Surtur, Doctor Strange and Iron Man.

Anyway, I'd still suggest putting Fenris (who lost to Hulk in Ragnarok and Kurse on here) below Thor and Hulk though. Not sure why Fenris is provisionally above them.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #63
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

I don't think there's any need to subtract votes. In the end of the day as i said previously they are about equally powerful. There's no clear advantage from any of them. And if someone says that there is a big gap between them, then i'm inclined to think that person is just not being reasonable.

Right now it's basically a draw. Again... understandable.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #64
Adhesive Boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDown View Post
I don't think there's any need to subtract votes. In the end of the day as i said previously they are about equally powerful. There's no clear advantage from any of them. And if someone says that there is a big gap between them, then i'm inclined to think that person is just not being reasonable.

Right now it's basically a draw. Again... understandable.
That they are closely matched doesn't remove the fact that dishonest manipulation of a poll isn't to anyone's good, and the suspicions certainly aren't taken out of thin air. It's basically taken the joy out of following the results, and that would be the case regardless of which side of the poll that was benefited.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #65
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Quote:
That they are closely matched doesn't remove the fact that dishonest manipulation of a poll isn't to anyone's good, and the suspicions certainly aren't taken out of thin air. It's basically taken the joy out of following the results, and that would be the case regardless of which side of the poll that was benefited.
Agreed 100%. If proved then truly it's a shame.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #66
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Watching it right now. Thor gets zapped. Hulk jumps. Before he lands Thor puts up a hand, sort of a futile gesture. Next thing Thor wakes up while having a sponge bath in Hulk's lounge

Quote:

Quote:

Lol why is this still being discussed, Taiki already said the obedience disk put Thor in a weakened state and made him powerless like the first film

Quote:
Collider - 32 Things We Learned From Director's Commentary

15. The obedience discs seen on Sakaar come from the Planet Hulk comics. Waititi explained that the obedience disk more or less plays the same role as Thor losing his hammer in the first film — it takes away his powers and makes it more believable he could be beaten in a fight. “It’s just more fun to see a character like this on an even playing field,” says Waititi.
http://collider.com/thor-ragnarok-trivia/#taika-waititi

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=544405

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 03-13-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #67
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
And again, there is a practicality to it. We need honest results, a legitimate superior here in order to complete our ranking system.

For those who don't understand, these aren't just "who wins in a fight". We are using these fights to officially rank these characters in our tier list.

So you hit the nail on the head, closely matched doesn't work here. We need legitimate results for our system to work. Knowing that there are potentially tampering of a poll to sway a the results is important because we use the poll to build our list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDown View Post
Agreed 100%. If proved then truly it's a shame.
See my above post as to why it matters for us. Hard to be proven true. However, we can look at past trends.

This poll has existed for three days. It's 32-30. We haven't seen ANY of our battles reach than many votes, never mind over the course of two days.

Furthermore. Thor had a 25-7 edge, evidently at one point. Just a few hours later, the poll swung to 25-29 in favor of Hulk. NO character has received 22 unanswered votes in our system, nevermind over the course of two or three hours.

Also worth noting, that since then, Thor is still winning the vote 5-3. With this being acknowledged, and with the majority of posters saying Thor, as of today (still 5 days left), Thor have the edge. And again, we need to be clear of this because Surfer has designed this format with BigThor and my's help to build this official tier ranking system. We use the winner of each battle, and color keys to create the ranks in each tier. These are factors we have to take into consideration - a poll being manipulated can potentially interfere with what we are trying to do here.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #68
Adhesive Boy
Side-Kick

Yeah, not even the poll of favorite phase 3 movie had as big of an influx of votes, nor as quickly, as when the poll was advertised on the BP forum at the height of its activity. It's shady and that's a shame for the nice work you guys are putting into this whole thing.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #69
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

If y'all want, I can scrub this thread and you can do it over if you really think it was tampered with.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 03-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #70
regnak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
If y'all want, I can scrub this thread and you can do it over if you really think it was tampered with.

Clearly people have joined SHH just to vote in this poll for Hulk. The only way a do over would help is if it is public and votes by people who joined after this thread started are discounted.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #71
Kuwolski
g r u n t - m a n

I doubt it.

It would be lame to start over based on unproven suspicions. Still a lot of time left on this poll.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:01 PM   #72
BigThor
God of Thunder

Is there anyway a mod can help me go back and make it available to see who voted for whom?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=544405

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747

Last edited by BigThor; 03-14-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #73
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Is there anyway a mod can help me go back and make it available to see who voted for whom?
It's not possible once the poll's been created. You'd have to make a new poll, which is why I offered.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 03-14-2018, 07:41 AM   #74
Adhesive Boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwolski View Post
I doubt it.

It would be lame to start over based on unproven suspicions. Still a lot of time left on this poll.
How much time is left is irrelevant if there's a very sudden and fast influx of votes that just outbalances the amount of regular posters that vote. I'd rather say that there being a lot of time left is an argument that makes it more relevant to restart it, if that's what they want to do, as people have more than enough time to see that and put in their votes again. That's up to the guys that handle these polls though since it's their time and efforts that's being disrespected by potential cheating.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #75
CaptainCommando
Side-Kick

Just here to give some support to my boy Thor. Had fun reading all the back and forths in this match up.

Closed Thread