The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #851
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Oh so nooooooooow we want to play ball...Shades of LvG all over again. Play like **** for 75 minutes, concede, then panic and pour forward.
We were going forward. And they continue to get numbers on the counter because of it.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #852
BatmanBeyond
Shadow On The Run

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

How the **** were the players not up for this tie? Poor and lethargic from the start, almost coasting really, like they already had an away goal.

Also, how Jose is getting so little from world-class players like Sanchez, who looks utterly lost and Pogba, who seemed devoid of any semblance of confidence after coming on, I don't really understand.

Anyway, Lukaku misses a big chance and then gets a goal back. Makes things interesting, at least.

The mouse is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 03-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #853
BatmanBeyond
Shadow On The Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
We were going forward. And they continue to get numbers on the counter because of it.
Darth, come on. Yes, they were going forward. But the snail's pace at which they were doing so was never going to cut it against a Sevilla side coming to Old Trafford with the tie evenly poised.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #854
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Kind of paying for such a slow start tonight. Nothing more than we deserve, thought after the last two games we would go in with a bit more confidence and urgency but for whatever reason not happening.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #855
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
We were going forward terribly, no urgency in the decision making and taking toe pokes at chances like amateurs, before they conceded they were in a haze.

Their minds only sharpen once they’re shocked out of their stupor by the realization they’re going out of Europe. I blame the players as much as Mourinho, but it’s unfathomable how we can look this poor after being up for it at the weekend.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #856
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
Darth, come on. Yes, they were going forward. But the snail's pace at which they were doing so was never going to cut it against a Sevilla side coming to Old Trafford with the tie evenly poised.
And what would have changed that? Lukaku, Rashford and Lingard were working their asses off. Fellaini and Matic were doing what they could. What could they exactly do different?

Starting Pogba would not have been the answer, he would have just made us more open, and Sanchez hasn't looked good since his first two matches with us.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #857
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
We were going forward terribly, no urgency in the decision making and taking toe pokes at chances like amateurs, before they conceded they were in a haze.

Their minds only sharpen once they’re shocked out of their stupor by the realization they’re going out of Europe. I blame the players as much as Mourinho, but it’s unfathomable how we can look this poor after being up for it at the weekend.
We were up for it at the weekend because Liverpool's backline helped us. Sevilla didn't. We suck going forward. There is no debate about it at this point. All that being said, I am surprised by how much better Lukaku has looked recently, and that is beyond scoring. He deserved better tonight.

Also on a serious note, Rashford scored twice this weekend. But he is not the option Martial is. Jose should have started him over Rashford.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #858
BatmanBeyond
Shadow On The Run

Quote:
And what would have changed that? Lukaku, Rashford and Lingard were working their asses off. Fellaini and Matic were doing what they could. What could they exactly do different?

Starting Pogba would not have been the answer, he would have just made us more open, and Sanchez hasn't looked good since his first two matches with us.
Why insist on starting Rashford on the right, though, especially after his performance from the left at the weekend and Sanchez's continuing poor form on the left? That's what I'm highlighting - poor choices by Jose this evening and I agree, I wouldn't put most of the blame on the players, so that leaves the former. What exactly was the team talk this evening that made the players come out so lethargic and demotivated for a bloody CL knockout tie?

At this point, it looks like he's mismanaging Pogba also, but I digress.

Anyway, congrats to Sevilla for the win, they deserve it and I'm happy for Montella, as I rate him highly and feel he was hard done by Milan this season.

Quote:

Precisely, this is what boggles my mind as well.

Quote:
We were up for it at the weekend because Liverpool's backline helped us. Sevilla didn't. We suck going forward. There is no debate about it at this point. All that being said, I am surprised by how much better Lukaku has looked recently, and that is beyond scoring. He deserved better tonight.

Also on a serious note, Rashford scored twice this weekend. But he is not the option Martial is. Jose should have started him over Rashford.
I'll agree on Lukaku, he seems to have come on in leaps and bounds with his build-up and link-up play especially, recently.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #859
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:

No, there's no excuse against a Sevilla side that has a goal difference of -6 to not absolutely go hell for leather. They just lost 2-0 at home to Valencia over the weekend, and we approached the game like they were an in form Madrid that could've ripped us apart.

Us being terrible going forward is primarily a coaching issue, and probably a management issue too. How a front line that contains at the very least Sanchez, Rashford and Lukaku can look so abysmally inept is a mystery. How they can be that unfocused likewise, they were playing like drugged up junkies for that first half, chasing shadows and misplaying passes.

On balance of previous performances, plus Martial having had an injury, there's no way Mourinho could've picked him over this past weekend's man of the match and our only penetrating threat the entire match. There are a lot of other matches I would begrudgingly accept a loss in, but at home to a team leaking goals throughout the season who we allowed into the game because of our cowardice and lack of drive is a difficult one to take.

The reason Mourinho won't take us anywhere against the top sides isn't because of our squad, it's because of the mentality he's instilled in them, that no matter how poor the opposition we must always be afraid of them. Not cautious and respectful, but afraid. We can blame our defense and our wingers-as-fullbacks all we want, it won't change the fact that a talent-laden squad plays like scared boys against teams that are for all intents and purposes beneath us.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #860
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
No, there's no excuse against a Sevilla side that has a goal difference of -6 to not absolutely go hell for leather. They just lost 2-0 at home to Valencia over the weekend, and we approached the game like they were an in form Madrid that could've ripped us apart.

Us being terrible going forward is primarily a coaching issue, and probably a management issue too. How a front line that contains at the very least Sanchez, Rashford and Lukaku can look so abysmally inept is a mystery. How they can be that unfocused likewise, they were playing like drugged up junkies for that first half, chasing shadows and misplaying passes.

On balance of previous performances, plus Martial having had an injury there's no way Mourinho could've picked him over this past weekend's man of the match and our only penetrating threat the entire match. There are a lot of other matches I would begrudgingly accept a loss in, but at home to a team leaking goals throughout the season who we allowed into the game because of our cowardice and lack of drive is a difficult one to take.

The reason Mourinho won't take us anywhere against the top sides isn't because of our squad, it's because of the mentality he's instilled in them, that no matter how poor the opposition we must always be afraid of them. Not cautious and respectful, but afraid. We can blame our defense and our wingers-as-fullbacks all we want, it won't change the fact that a talent-laden squad plays like scared boys against teams that are for all intents and purposes beneath us.
We did not. I don't know what you are talking about. We were attacking. We just aren't good at it. And every time we lost the ball attacking, and we did it a lot, they were dangerous on the counter and that is how they got us. If we weren't pushing forward, how was the midfield and fullbacks consistently caught on the wrong side of the ball?

Jose won the CL with Porto and Inter playing this way. I believe he got to the CL semis at least 2 other times. He knows what he is doing.

Its a myth this squad is talent laden. Its good, but outside of De Gea, Sanchez and Pogba, we aren't talking prime world class talent. That is what Martial, Bailly and Rashford can become, but they aren't that yet. If Pep came in right now, the squad turnover would be ridiculous.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #861
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
We did not. I don't know what you are talking about. We were attacking. We just aren't good at it. And every time we lost the ball attacking, and we did it a lot, they were dangerous on the counter and that is how they got us.
For the sake of argument let's assume that's true, how on earth can that be possible? Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford, Martial, Mata, and Pogba are among our choices - Lukaku, Sanchez, and Pogba being sterling attackers for their previous teams, mind you. How can we be 'bad at attacking'? If it's the players who aren't good enough, why did Mourinho spend the better part of £160m for Pogba and Lukaku, and if it's the manager, why does he continue doing it? Effort doesn't get you victories, good decision-making does, and evidently whoever coaches the attack can't drill these players with good attacking habits.

Quote:
Jose won the CL with Porto and Inter playing this way. I believe he got to the CL semis at least 2 other times. He knows what he is doing.

Its a myth this squad is talent laden. Its good, but outside of De Gea, Sanchez and Pogba, we aren't talking prime world class talent. That is what Martial, Bailly and Rashford can become, but they aren't that yet. If Pep came in right now, the squad turnover would be ridiculous.
Porto and Inter didn't have the vast resources United do, and they didn't have exceptional talent in their squad compared to the team we just lost to. Who are Pablo Sarabia, Franco Vazquez, and Joaquin Correa? Because they ran straight through our midfield and circles around our defense, which somehow managed to beat a superior Liverpool side at the weekend. Are there only three world class talents? Maybe, but that's three more than Valencia have and we just got solidly outplayed by them, which is mildly bizarre.

The excuses for Mourinho are rapidly running out in terms of the clear issues with our team's mentality and belief. It's precisely how we looked with van Gaal, constantly anxious and with no semblance of confidence going into crunch matches. Other teams can have a bunch of random names with interspersed world class talent and put up a far better display than we have, so we're going to have to fix the origin of all these issues quickly because few of them should be so consistent.

Last edited by DeadPresident; 03-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #862
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

There are no excuses tonight, Sevilla are a bang average side, Mourinho can take his garbage football and his ****ing illegitimate tree son and **** off out of this club.

It was his usual boredom without the result tonight, it was like he didn't know what to do when we were the team expected to take the game on in possession, his ridiculous obssession with keeping Fellaini and thus pandering to him with a start hurt us from the get go, their far more mobile and technical midifeld easily glided past the two statues we had in there and controlled the game, there was no reason to drop McTominay who is better positonally than Fellaini. On top of that not using Mata against a technical Spanish side made no sense, and Rashford is pointless on the RW but everyone was forced out in order to accomodate Sanchez who hasn't done anything in the last few games to warrant a start.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #863
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

You guys are grossly underestimating Sevilla. They may not have the best players out there, but they have shown multiple times in EL that a 0-0 after 165 mins. in the rival's turf is EXACTLY the type of situation they love. I'm a Valencia fan and these guys eliminated us from an EL semi-final in our own stadium in min. 94 with a goal from a throw-in. They did the same with a russian team some time ago, with below zero temperatures and a goal scored by the GK from a corner kick in min. 95. They've won 2 or 3 EL doing exactly the same thing they've done today, the only difference is they've moved up the scale of the opponent. Sevilla has played 17 finals in the last 12 years, they're no joke, have a winning DNA, and ManU has fallen for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
Does it disgust anyone that when we were being born, our penises were technically in our mother's vaginas? Isn't that disgusting?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #864
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I've seen Sevilla a lot in recent years, no matter how you paint it we killed ourselves against an ordinary team, who if they draw Barca, Real, City or Bayern in the next round will get trounced. We were at Old Trafford and showed zero effort and shot ourselves in the foot due to our outdated manager who only knows how to approach games as the underdog these days, his team selection was beyond moronic and cost us the game.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #865
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I've seen Sevilla a lot in recent years, no matter how you paint it we killed ourselves against an ordinary team, who if they draw Barca, Real, City or Bayern in the next round will get trounced. We were at Old Trafford and showed zero effort and shot ourselves in the foot due to our outdated manager who only knows how to approach games as the underdog these days, his team selection was beyond moronic and cost us the game.
I've seen Sevilla trounce Barça and Real as well. As I said before, you're grossly underestimating them. This underdog situation is exactly what they love. 5 EL's in 10 years, 17 finals in 12 years are no joke.

Quote:
Does it disgust anyone that when we were being born, our penises were technically in our mother's vaginas? Isn't that disgusting?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #866
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Lads that's a typical Mourinho performance. Nothing will ever change with him. He's not moved on and Real Madrid broke him. This is Mourinho v2.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:48 PM   #867
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Oh and how the heck is Ben Yedder a sub /bench player? Evreytime I see him he looks good.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #868
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsovich View Post
I've seen Sevilla trounce Barça and Real as well. As I said before, you're grossly underestimating them. This underdog situation is exactly what they love. 5 EL's in 10 years, 17 finals in 12 years are no joke.
Sevilla have a fantastic set up. Don't they have like 700 scouts or something.
We tried to get in on the action by stealing ramos but i think it is more than the manager.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #869
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Oh and how the heck is Ben Yedder a sub /bench player? Evreytime I see him he looks good.
Same question being asked in Spain. Muriel has simply scored more this year.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #870
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsovich View Post
I'm not underestimating them, I guarentee if they get any of the above they will get slaughtered next round, we lost that due to our manager, nothing else.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #871
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Sevilla have a fantastic set up. Don't they have like 700 scouts or something.
We tried to get in on the action by stealing ramos but i think it is more than the manager.
Yeah, their scouting is insane. They usually go and bring obscure/unknown players from minor leagues that they know will work well with their philosophy, and make them fit in. Then they sell them for a fortune. They essentially make their team from scraps: free agent players, players from big teams that have trouble and scouting from minor leagues. Bang for buck.

Quote:

Last edited by Alonsovich; 03-13-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #872
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Seville success was down to Monchi who's gone to Roma as their Director of Football.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #873
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
That's his 'poor me', the world is against me, attitude, as if the world owes him a favour. Have an attitude like that, and see how life treats you.

This says it all...

From BBC website....

Mourinho said: "I sat in this chair twice in the Champions League after knocking out Manchester United [in the last 16] at home, at Old Trafford. In this chair with Porto [in 2004] and Real Madrid [in 2013], they are out both times. It is not something new for the club."

Last edited by Mandon Knight; 03-14-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:45 AM   #874
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Update on Carra spit-gate....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43401015

Old 03-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #875
Iceman
Infinity War!

What an idiot!

Closed Thread