The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #226
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Not sure if this has been discussed, but how is their a breathable atmosphere (& gravity) on Earth?

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 PM   #227
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed, but how is their a breathable atmosphere (& gravity) on Earth?
Have you seen episode 7? MCU science explains the gravity field and with a strong enough gravity field those gaseous molecules held by it allows for a breathable atmosphere.

SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:22 AM   #228
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
As SPO2 said.
It is all thanks to
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Gravitonium.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:03 AM   #229
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

With the return of Gravitonium, might the villain who destroyed Earth be Graviton?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:11 AM   #230
DiParis

Irish AOS fan here.

We don't have Season 5 on our screens until March, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I need to know...

Do you need to watch the Inhumans series to understand everything in AOS Season 5, or would it be ok to skip it?

Thanks so much!

DiParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #231
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

You can skip Inhumans. At least, to this point it has not been relevant or really referenced at all.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:51 AM   #232
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
You can skip Inhumans. At least, to this point it has not been relevant or really referenced at all.
I am not even sure they are in the same time frame. The Inhumans might have come to earth in the "now" with SHIELD disbanded again and in space or it may have been earlier but hidden by the patron in Hawaii as the Watchdogs, Hive, Hydra and others dealt with the Inhumans who went through terragenisis in the wild so to speak.

Last edited by SPO2 Dalisay; 01-16-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #233
DiParis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Thank you! That's what I wanted to hear

DiParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #234
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
Have you seen episode 7? MCU science explains the gravity field and with a strong enough gravity field those gaseous molecules held by it allows for a breathable atmosphere.
Thanks...I missed that.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #235
KevTravels
Side-Kick

will the show reference BP or Infinity War, do you think? either end of the season or start of season 6?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:09 PM   #236
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
will the show reference BP or Infinity War, do you think? either end of the season or start of season 6?
It is the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D which does all of the connections to work with the it's all connected claim.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #237
karmajack
Side-Kick

I have a feeling it won't reference BP. I could be wrong on that though. When BP comes out, the show will not be airing for several weeks due to the Winter Olympics. If there is a BP reference, it would happen in e11 "All The Comforts Of Home" on Feb 9 (a week before BP). Or when the show starts back up in e12 "The Real Deal" on March 9.
But what we know of the BP synopsis, and where AoS is currently, I find it difficult to see how any tie in could be written in. Beyond maybe a mention that Vibranium is somehow involved in AoS's Earth's destruction.

As far as reference or tie ins to A:IF, it seems likely some kind of set up or something could happen as A:IF will come out before the AoS s5 finale.

I wouldn't expect anything major, like special appearances. More like a knod, lead in, or acknowledgement to what's happening or about to happen in the movie.

Just speculation...Basically, we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by karmajack; 01-17-2018 at 08:15 PM.
karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #238
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

I would like to see the team in NYC seeing the same thing Peter Parker is in the Infinity War trailer from a different vantage point

Old 01-21-2018, 02:53 AM   #239
eon001
Side-Kick

This season of AoS has convinced me that the creative team should branch of and do some kind of Space centric Agents of Sword show.

It seems clear that the past few seasons they've cared less about spies and espionage and more about Aliens and Inhuman, so just do a straight up alien investigation show.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:58 AM   #240
eon001
Side-Kick

I've also noticed that they haven't given up on Inhumans in the show with the introduction of Flint and Kasisus breeding inhumans for profit. Why not do some kind of spin off Inhumans show with characters that fans actually know and love like Yoyo, Quake, Flint etc. They could bring in Reader as a lead and re-brand/reintroduce Inhumans in a better show than the garbage they released last year.

There's a few episodes worth of material with Reader recruiting Inhumans for Enilux.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #241
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I love what they are doing on AoS so far this year. All last year and what is going on so far this season has been top. notch.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:23 PM   #242
Pond
Side-Kick

Is it going on hiatus in february I hear? I tought with the coming of the premiere so late they would play this straight.

Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #243
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Olympics are coming up.... most shows take a break during them

Old 01-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #244
karmajack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Is it going on hiatus in february I hear? I tought with the coming of the premiere so late they would play this straight.
Episode 10 will air Feb 2. Then hiatus for Winter Olympics begins.

Ep 11 returns March 2 (the Dove Cameron "Ruby" appearance.)

Ep 12 is March 9 (the big 100th)

and so on, unless there's another skip for Easter or something.

Episode 19 is likely May 4 (Infinity War US release day)

If no more breaks, the series should end May 25 I believe.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #245
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Since the date changed I guess that there will not be a Winter Soldier like tie in to Infinity War. But a post Black Panther pre Infinity War mention on the show is still possible

Old 01-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #246
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmajack View Post
Episode 10 will air Feb 2. Then hiatus for Winter Olympics begins.

Ep 11 returns March 2 (the Dove Cameron "Ruby" appearance.)

Ep 12 is March 9 (the big 100th)

and so on, unless there's another skip for Easter or something.

Episode 19 is likely May 4 (Infinity War US release day)

If no more breaks, the series should end May 25 I believe.
Sounds about right
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
Since the date changed I guess that there will not be a Winter Soldier like tie in to Infinity War. But a post Black Panther pre Infinity War mention on the show is still possible
I doubt it because I don't think they'd want to introduce a new story line so late into the season. Winter Soldier had as big of an impact on the series because it directly effect their core concept and characters. Plus the timing of the movies premiere worked out great. I just don't see the writers want to suddenly change things up for the last few episodes.

Without knowing how Infinity War effects the MCU and what exactly is gonna happen in Avengers 4 it's tough to say. But if there is a major shake up (and there probably will be) it may be best to save the fallout to explore next season. Tease it during the season finale and really dive into it.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #247
Pond
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Olympics are coming up.... most shows take a break during them
Really? The Winter Olympics. Nothing against them personally, but nobody cares about them where I live, not enough to put regular shows on hiatus for a month. Are they that big in the U.S.?

Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:44 PM   #248
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Really? The Winter Olympics. Nothing against them personally, but nobody cares about them where I live, not enough to put regular shows on hiatus for a month. Are they that big in the U.S.?
These days most shows narrow cast the last Winter Olympics won every night in the ratings because of its broad base. And it had nothing like the Cold War showdown or the 1980 Miracle Hockey Team making a run.

It is a good sign for the show that ABC decided to hold the episodes rather than burn them off just to get them out of the way for the next new show during the Olympics

Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #249
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
There are several channels (Owned by NBC) that does basically 24 hour Olympic coverage. Since it only happens once every 4 years a lot of people tune in to see it. I mean it's not like people go crazy for it, but after work you turn it on and just let it play. For America it's not a passionate a thing as you'd see with say the Super Bowl but there's a general interest because you typically don't see these kinds events any other time. So it can draw away audiences for a short time. Also It may not be the only reason to go on hiatus, a lot of times shows plan it to compensate for production falling behind schedule. Plus it would be smart to plan a hiatus around the olympics to maximize your ratings.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #250
Mangle77
A.K.A. MangleBoP

Quote:
Where are you located?

I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.
I was making Devil's Anus jokes before it was cool!
Mangle77 is offline   Reply With Quote