The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #251
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Really? The Winter Olympics. Nothing against them personally, but nobody cares about them where I live, not enough to put regular shows on hiatus for a month. Are they that big in the U.S.?

It's the OLYMPICS. Lol

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #252
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangle77 View Post
Where are you located?
Well it can't be the North or South pole, because everyone skis there.

Must be somewhere very tropical right near the equator where winter sports are an absurdity.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #253
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well it can't be the North or South pole, because everyone skis there.

Must be somewhere very tropical right near the equator where winter sports are an absurdity.
I would think the opposite. If it were someplace they ski a lot than it would be routine and boring. But if it were somewhere that never got snow than the winter olympics must seem like a fantasy world.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #254
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Actually happy to see that storyline end, as the Kree baddie never did anything for me. Unfortunately, it looks like we have to go through yet another "SHIELD are wanted by authorities" storyline.

Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #255
fire117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Actually happy to see that storyline end, as the Kree baddie never did anything for me. Unfortunately, it looks like we have to go through yet another "SHIELD are wanted by authorities" storyline.
Yeah not looking forward to another 'SHIELD hunted by authorities storyline'. I hope that's resolved quickly and SHIELD made a legit group again.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #256
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire117 View Post
Yeah not looking forward to another 'SHIELD hunted by authorities storyline'. I hope that's resolved quickly and SHIELD made a legit group again.
I don't know how fast it would be. But judging by the random black guy on the flight deck while May was fleeing the gravity storms in Robin's flashbacks I guess SHIELD version 3 becomes a thing.

SPO2 Dalisay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #257
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire117 View Post
Same here. It's been done, move on. Personally I always felt SHIELD should remain in the shadows and never be officially recognized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
I don't know how fast it would be. But judging by the random black guy on the flight deck while May was fleeing the gravity storms in Robin's flashbacks I guess SHIELD version 3 becomes a thing.
If I recall correctly that scene was set three years after whatever event breaks the earth. At that point doesn't matter who is "in charage" you're gonna trust whoever can get you to safety

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #258
nypinta
Certified Delightfut

I think it's just them specifically that are being hunted and that the agency called SHIELD as a whole is just fine. But considering what happened before they were sent in the future I can't really see how they'd avoid being wanted. The LMDs that looked just like them blew up a SHIELD base, didn't they? And shot Talbot? Add to that the mystery woman that held Fitz for months who must have enough authority to manipulate the powers that be to not bother to listen to what Coulson and Co. have to say. All on top of them knowing they have the Earth to save. It's a little different than what happened before. Because before they basically decided they knew better than anyone else and kept operating despite the fact they let HYDRA grow right under their noses, and went looking for enemies to fight just to keep themselves in the game. I'm OK with this turn of events and look forward to seeing how they cope with zero resources. Maybe they'll team up with Hunter again.

nypinta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #259
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
Same here. It's been done, move on. Personally I always felt SHIELD should remain in the shadows and never be officially recognized.
Wouldn't any SHIELD, or other groups agents be as bound by the Sokovian Accords as Hawkeye, Falcon or Ant-Man?

Old 02-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #260
raz1337
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Wouldn't any SHIELD, or other groups agents be as bound by the Sokovian Accords as Hawkeye, Falcon or Ant-Man?
Besides, in the preview, they are all "most wanted" but Team Cap is at the top of that list.

Are we just going to ignore the impact of Civil War?

Earth going boom and the Agents fixing it just kinda lessens Infinity War...

Last edited by raz1337; 02-03-2018 at 10:10 PM.
raz1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:46 AM   #261
fire117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
I'd rather SHIELD be a recognized, legit organization again.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:26 AM   #262
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I'm more curious what a Dove Cameron is, and why should we care.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #263
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
I'm more curious what a Dove Cameron is, and why should we care.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #264
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post

Earth going boom and the Agents fixing it just kinda lessens Infinity War...
I wonder if they have the courage to finally end the arc by saying that the prophets had it wrong. That Quake's powers nor trying to threat Coulson had anything to do with the earth cracking. It was just a concurrent event

Old 02-05-2018, 08:16 AM   #265
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Is there a new episode Friday, or is the hiatus on? If so, when does next episode air?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #266
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Is there a new episode Friday, or is the hiatus on? If so, when does next episode air?
It returns in March

Old 02-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #267
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It returns in March
Gracias

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #268
karmajack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Gracias
March 2nd to be exact.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #269
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #270
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
That poster may be a bit spoilery.....

Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #271
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

it just looks like it's summing up the 100 episodes.. bits and pieces of all.. and that looks like may holding the old woman from this past few episodes

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #272
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
it just looks like it's summing up the 100 episodes.. bits and pieces of all.. and that looks like may holding the old woman from this past few episodes
I'm not so sure it's Robin (the old woman) given that the figure's hair is dark - so it's someone that's younger (and with the limpness of that arm behind May's back, it does seem like someone that died young). I was thinking more that it's from the Bahrain scene/flashback that we saw a couple/few (?) seasons ago (can't remember exactly what season it was in) where we find out what really happened on the mission with the Inhuman girl that resulted in May being called the Cavalry

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #273
LTuser
Banned User

I am loving this show, but really wish we could get back to some MORE MCU crossover stuff like we had in the earlier seasons..
S1, we had 2 main ones.. The clean up stuff from Thor 2 (and avengers) as well as the big reveal of Hydra in shield's ranks (capt 2)..
S2, we had the continuation of it, and some Siff crossings..
S3, we didn't really get anything, other than the 'sokovian accord' backlash.. Same with S4.

So why is it they seemed to go away from that?

Other than tat, i am loving the show..

LTuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #274
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
I am loving this show, but really wish we could get back to some MORE MCU crossover stuff like we had in the earlier seasons..
S1, we had 2 main ones.. The clean up stuff from Thor 2 (and avengers) as well as the big reveal of Hydra in shield's ranks (capt 2)..
S3, we didn't really get anything, other than the 'sokovian accord' backlash.. Same with S4.

I would add a third crossover to the first season, the improved Extremis formula from Iron Man 3 which eventually found its way into Deathlok

Old 02-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #275
karmajack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post

Marvel Studios (Films) Marvel Entertainment (TV). One major reason.

"In August 2015, Marvel Studios was placed into Walt Disney Studios, with Feige reporting directly to Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter. Marvel Television and subsidiary company Marvel Animation were left under Marvel Entertainment and Perlmutter's control."

With this division of control came lack of communication and lack of intertwining. Though AoS is still recognized as existing in the MCU, behind the scenes it's a slightly different story. Where as they don't tie in as much as they did prior to that. This doesn't prohibit cross over substance, yet it makes it less easy to pull off. This leading AoS to rely more on it's own story telling, then to curtail events of what happening in the movies.

On top of that, there are release date conflicts. Typically AoS ran from Sept to May. (with the exception of this season). Not many MCU films came out between those months in Phase 3. (When noticeably less connections were made). What movies did come out in that time frame were Civil War, Doc Strange, and Guardians 2. Some references were made in relation to Civil War with the Accords. Doc Strange didn't offer any real material for AoS to tie into. Nor did Guardians 2. Aside from Ego's plants blooming on Earth. So nothing there to feed off of and tie into.
This season, there's potential to tie into Black Panther and Infinity War. Though Black Panther will debut while AoS is on Olympics hiatus. Tie ins for that are not likely. Plus the subject matter from BP may not affect AoS world any way. That leaves Infinity War tie in possibilities at most.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote