The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #301
Mangle77
A.K.A. MangleBoP

Th Biggrin Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
Even though Talbot is, or perhaps was a General and in charge of the ATCU he never struck me as that kind of guy. He is a henchman and would follow legal orders but not go off with that ideal on his own or summery execute people like General Hale did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
Also, how would talbot GET his hands on it?? You'd think once (if) they can remove it from daisy, they would destroy it.. Just to prevent that situation from happening.
Allow me to point out the 60+ years of Hulk comics, in which Glen Talbot was the loyal right hand man to General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, who's obsession with bringing the Hulk's power under military control easily reached "Captain Ahab" levels.

As for how any nefarious party might get their hands on the tech, there are ways for it to be seized before it can be destroyed.

I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I was making Devil's Anus jokes before it was cool!
Mangle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #302
LTuser
Banned User

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Not if they don't know it exists, while the team's removing it from Daisy, they won't have a chance to seize it before the team can destroy it.

LTuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:34 AM   #303
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

100th episode screening.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #304
LTuser
Banned User

Cool pic. Now need one with all the guys!

Old 02-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #305
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Honestly, I am not looking forward to the show coming back because they are doing for the 5th season in a row "SHIELD is wanted by authorities" storyline.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #306
Random490
Side-Kick

Agents of SHIELD Season Finale Being Written As Series Ending

I'm glad they're taking this precaution. ABC has never been fully on board with AoS and with the series having reached 5 seasons I doubt they want to order more. It's had a good run and feels like the right time to end it. I much rather the show have a fitting end rather than be canceled with a cliff hanger ending.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #307
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Any season now should be written as a contained show...

Old 02-27-2018, 04:10 PM   #308
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post

I'm glad they're taking this precaution. ABC has never been fully on board with AoS and with the series having reached 5 seasons I doubt they want to order more. It's had a good run and feels like the right time to end it. I much rather the show have a fitting end rather than be canceled with a cliff hanger ending.
Good! I am sick of shows getting canned, and them having to rush a 'finale'.. like they did with SGA and SGU..

Old 02-27-2018, 04:30 PM   #309
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Good! I am sick of shows getting canned, and them having to rush a 'finale'.. like they did with SGA and SGU..
I hold that the Framework with BJ Brit and Brett Dalton in a goodbye last tour felt like a series finale to me. With an unexpected teaser of SWORD when the renewal was announced

SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #310
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Don't remind me about those endings.... Syfy have a lot to answer for with how they end shows.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:24 PM   #311
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:

But for the cliffhanger ending, I thought last season was very fitting as a finale since the final arc had deliberate callbacks through their history, fought Hydra, etc. If it ended with them eating at a diner and that was it, it would have felt satisfying.

I don't want it to end, but it's got to end some time and I'd rather they end with a satisfying ending. That being said, I'd much rather ABC tells them at the beginning of a season that it is a final season rather than leave the writers guessing.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #312
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
But for the cliffhanger ending, I thought last season was very fitting as a finale since the final arc had deliberate callbacks through their history, fought Hydra, etc. If it ended with them eating at a diner and that was it, it would have felt satisfying.

I don't want it to end, but it's got to end some time and I'd rather they end with a satisfying ending. That being said, I'd much rather ABC tells them at the beginning of a season that it is a final season rather than leave the writers guessing.
This is what I prefer for all TV shows that have had multiple seasons. Bones was announced to have their final season last year and prepared for their series finale.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:38 AM   #313
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Agreed. The whole diner scene after successfully getting out of the framework, WOULD have been a good finale....

Though what I'd like to see is when they MAKE a new show, come in with a START and and END ALREADY planned "WE want this to last 4 seasons, then finito!"

Old 02-28-2018, 09:25 AM   #314
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
This is what I prefer for all TV shows that have had multiple seasons. Bones was announced to have their final season last year and prepared for their series finale.
Typically it's hard for networks to have that much foresight. Really it's only popular shows (note: popular doesn't necessarily mean "good") that get that kind of advance notice. And usually that's not a cancellation but rather a creator or essential actor whose decided to not renew their contract and figure ended the series is better than wasting money on something that will likely fail (i.e. Scrubs: Med School). Lot of time executives feel they need to review the latest season's numbers before making a decision and sometimes they don't want to pay more when an actor negotiates a higher rate which I believe is what happened with Castle

While I personally always enjoyed AoS it never reached a high enough level of popularity and with it having such a relatively high production cost it was always on the chopping block for cancellation.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #315
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Quote:

Wouldn't be too surprised if there isn't a Season 6. Five series of something is a good run, and there's always that danger that they could outstay their welcome by making any more. With the way U.S. 'seasons' work with 22 episodes, I'd be a bit wary of a sixth season.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:22 PM   #316
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalekbusterFitz View Post
Wouldn't be too surprised if there isn't a Season 6. Five series of something is a good run, and there's always that danger that they could outstay their welcome by making any more. With the way U.S. 'seasons' work with 22 episodes, I'd be a bit wary of a sixth season.
Agreed. Some shows just outlive themselves (like SVU or Law and order), if they try to push for too many seasons..
End it on a good note and be done with it. JUST DON'T end it on a bloody cliffhanger!

Old 03-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #317
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Agreed. Some shows just outlive themselves (like SVU or Law and order), if they try to push for too many seasons..
End it on a good note and be done with it. JUST DON'T end it on a bloody cliffhanger!
But then I think that format of the original Law & Order was impossible to outlive. There are always criminals and in big city New York murders. Just rotate in new detectives, commanding officers and ADAs and keep the ball rolling. That the purist wouldn't take the format set in Los Angeles and the torture squad existing in Chicago Justice does not make the format stale.

In our case with The Cavalry well into her 50s and because of the imposed break with The Avengers and the movies there is not much more of the story to roll through. While I agree no cliffhanger I would like to see something like last season's teasing of SWORD I am betting that this season teases a Director Johnson as the future of a SHIELD

SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:13 AM   #318
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
But then I think that format of the original Law & Order was impossible to outlive. There are always criminals and in big city New York murders. Just rotate in new detectives, commanding officers and ADAs and keep the ball rolling. That the purist wouldn't take the format set in Los Angeles and the torture squad existing in Chicago Justice does not make the format stale.
True, there are always cops, but many of the storylines are just getting so bland as they are repeats upon repeats..

Old 03-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #319
fire117
Side-Kick

Quote:

I hope we'll get a season 6, as if the show ended in season 5 without a few things happening I'll be upset.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #320
samsnee
Side-Kick

The MCU on film has evolved so much from Phase 1. This show created when Joss was still considered the captain of the ship so to speak. But the MCU has evolved in a better way, and I don’t see this show being able to keep up with it.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #321
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

So I'm guessing Lash and Hive will simply return not as themselves but perhaps some kind of trick? Someone on Hale's team has illusion/fear based powers? Like Trauma maybe? Who else would be on the team?

- Graviton (season 1) (or maybe he's not and he'll turn up when the team finds his gravitonium)
- Blizzard (season 1/2)
- Absorbing Man (season 2/4)
- Hellfire (season 3/4)
- Anton Ivanov/Red Guardian (season 4)
- Tucker Shockley/Nitro (season 4)
- new character (Trauma?) impersonating Lash/Hive (Possibly Kraken/Hyde/Jiaying/AIDA?)

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #322
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

All this happening and no help or mention of The Avengers...I am sure Tony Stark would take a call from an old friend (Coulson).

I understandably they are not able to..:but a short conversation on the show about the Avengers would be nice.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:19 PM   #323
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i'm assuming the easter-egg of "an asgardian in new york" is referencing Thor in Ragnarok right? while visiting Strange

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:44 AM   #324
LTuser
Banned User

That could have well been. BUT why would that have been alerted to anyone? Strange Teleported him right to where he was..

Old 03-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #325
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i'm assuming the easter-egg of "an asgardian in new york" is referencing Thor in Ragnarok right? while visiting Strange
I was thinking the same, lol. Only other thing it could be was Sif, but it being a Thor: Ragnarok easter egg makes far more sense.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote