The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Old 02-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #76
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

You know that phrase how bad management can run off the best employees and leave the rest totally unmotivated. Well, this is Gimple with the Walking Dead in a nutshell.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:48 PM   #77
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
The sad thing is, I can absolutely see Gimple attempting to make it the Negan show.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #78
Leenie
Side-Kick

This show is such a dumpster fire, lol.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #79
Brother Jack
Believer

The show has always been problematic, but this feels like it could be the beginning of the end. It's the biggest "jump the shark" moment it's done to date (it's had a lot), and there's a sense that there's no going back from it.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #80
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

It's been on a long time. It's hard to sustain greatness.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:54 PM   #81
Leenie
Side-Kick

^The only time I thought the show was "great" was in Season 1, bits and pieces of season 4, and the first half of season 6 (for the most part).

To this day, I still say that the very first episode is the best episode of the entire series.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:29 AM   #82
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Playtime With Jesus: Guilds 101 | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Playtime With Jesus: Season 8 Missions | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game

Playtime With Jesus: Warriors 101 | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game

Playtime With Jesus: Scouts 101 | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game

Playtime With Jesus: Shooters 101 | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game

Playtime With Jesus: Assaults 101 | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game

Playtime With Jesus: Bruisers 101 | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game

Playtime With Jesus: Hunters 101 | The Walking Dead: No Man's Land Mobile Game

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #83
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
^The only time I thought the show was "great" was in Season 1, bits and pieces of season 4, and the first half of season 6 (for the most part).

To this day, I still say that the very first episode is the best episode of the entire series.
It's kinda sad to think that for the entirety of Season 1 this felt like a new show that was going to play in the big leagues in terms of quality, but whose potential was killed by it's oun channel.

It still frequently atracts a lot of buzz. If every season was as consistent as the first, the network would probably be looking at even greater numbers right now.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #84
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post

The show always has its highs and lows but I think it peaked with season 5. Season 6 was the fall.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:11 AM   #85
Man in the Suit
Greeting

Man in the Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #86
samsnee
Side-Kick

I haven’t watched this show consistently since Glen died. It’s not because I was a huge Glen fan per se, but it just got tired of seeing them needlessly drag things out every week on top of Rick and whoever else just doing dumb things in between Neegan’s speeches.

It sounds like I haven’t missed much.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #87
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Suit View Post
I'm not sure she deserves a huge payday. She ain't worth 250 K an episode.

If she's getting 100 K, it makes sense. But if she's making 50 K, then she's massively underpaid.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #88
KevTravels
Side-Kick

http://deadline.com/2018/03/the-walk...en-1202338545/

Old 03-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #89
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Old 03-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #90
predemo2

My humble offering to the world: https://youtu.be/pRJ-MEgBbI4

predemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #91
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

The quicker they despatch negan (i know if they follow the comics, he will still continue to play a big part in the remaining episdoes) the better.

They have to go back to making this show about zombies. Making them more of a threat.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #92
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_rick View Post
The quicker they despatch negan (i know if they follow the comics, he will still continue to play a big part in the remaining episdoes) the better.

They have to go back to making this show about zombies. Making them more of a threat.
I agree.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #93
elvis
Side-Kick

Quote:

I can barely remember a time when they weren't battling Negan and Rick wasn't letting him get away when he had the upper hand, be it his gun or Lucille(twice now!)

elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:09 AM   #94
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:

The show was hardly ever directly about the zombies. They're a definite influence on the characters' situation, but overall, the show was always about the conflicts between the human characters that were created by the zombie apocalypse. When you have a show that's heavy on story arcs, brainless monsters who don't even know how to use stairs do not make a great primary conflict.

Lead Cenobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:35 AM   #95
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
The show was hardly ever directly about the zombies. They're a definite influence on the characters' situation, but overall, the show was always about the conflicts between the human characters that were created by the zombie apocalypse. When you have a show that's heavy on story arcs, brainless monsters who don't even know how to use stairs do not make a great primary conflict.
Yes... the comics were all about antagonist like governor, whispers and yes Negan.

You just can't do the exact stuff in TV. The Governor was great. Negan just seems like "Governor Mark2 (been there done that)" and it seems that it has been going on forever. There are lots of episodes (especially after the introduction of negan) that were just "filler." They could have easily cut out all those episodes and it would have done nothing to the narrative of this series.

People are seriously losing interest. That's the way it is.

The ratings are way way down. The quality of the writing is down too (especially in the last 2 seasons).

Old 04-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #96
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

The last couple of episodes have been strong. The season is ending on a high note, and hopefully the capper episode doesn't fizzle, but it's taken too long to get to this point.

In addition to a stationary backdrop, too many beloved characters have been killed off or they are seeing reduced screen time. Next season needs to be a course correction.

"We will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. Then we will eat your face right off your head. You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street...like a turd...in the wind." --Venom

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #97
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead showrunner says finale is a 'conclusion of the first 8 seasons'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
The next episode of The Walking Dead will not only serve as an ending point for the season, but it will act as a much more important landmark in the life of the series as well. According to showrunner Scott M. Gimple — who will be transitioning to a franchise oversight role after this season as Angela Kang takes over the day-to-day operations — his final episode will serve as a big turning point for the show as the AMC zombie drama transitions into its next phase. We chatted with Gimple to preview the season finale, find out what to expect, and get his thoughts about moving on.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What does it feel like to have your last episode as showrunner coming up and airing on Sunday night?
SCOTT M. GIMPLE:
It’s super weird, but we had been planning this for a long, long time. In fact, I started this year talking to the actors and producers and everything about the change, so have been living with it a great deal of time. I just still… I love show-running. I love show-running this show, and it’s definitely tough to let that aspect go, but working on both shows has been awesome. Working with Angela has been awesome, working with [Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg on Fear the Walking Dead] has been awesome.

So, it’s bittersweet, but I love new challenges, and I want to ensure the health of both shows and love doing new stuff. I just didn’t want to divide myself up as much as I might have if I kept show-running. I was working on Fear with those guys last year as I was starting Walking Dead, and there’s no way that I could’ve done the show without Angela’s help and Angela jumping in even more than she has in the past. So, she got some full on-the-job training even more than she had in the past, and it’s a very cool way to pass the baton to someone that I started on the show with.

When I finished my last mix, it was very late, and I was driving through the WB lot and it was empty — it was deserted like the end of the world. And it was very weird driving home that night from the last one. It didn’t exactly feel over, it just felt different. It’s definitely not retirement, which would be super sweet, but it’s just a whole host of different responsibilities and challenges.

Were you on set for the finale? And, if so, what was the vibe like on the set for this episode?
I was there, and it was an intense vibe. It was a very hard season. And kind of everybody is in this episode. It was just intense. People were pretty to the limit this year emotionally. Also, this episode isn’t just like these 15 episodes coming to a conclusion, but Angela and myself and the writers had always talked about this in many ways being sort of the conclusion of the first eight seasons. This show will be very much a new show next year and with a bigger, new narrative. It was something I was really excited about getting into even before season 8. And so there was just a certain weight in the air of the kind of conclusion that we were getting closer to. It was a weird graduation for everybody.

I’m guessing we have this huge battle coming up, but it’s interesting talking to you beforehand about it and talking to some of the actors, because a lot of people have said there are going to be a lot of different things in the finale happening at once. Does that mean a lot of different things within the same battle?
I think it has to do with stuff as practical as plot aspects, things that happen, but also emotional movement between characters. And also I wouldn’t necessarily say that this is all just one big battle. There are some really unusual aspects to that too, that the action isn’t just a large battle, but there are things going sort of around the battle. I don’t even know if I would classify it as a battle. And yet, at the same time, the scope is massive. And I guess with so many people, so many characters reaching the conclusion of the story that we’ve been laying out for them over the past few years in some regards, there’s just a lot going on, and a lot of perspectives that we’re shifting between and some very, very big emotional and philosophical movement between just some unbelievably insane things happening.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:39 PM   #98
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
I'm not sure she deserves a huge payday. She ain't worth 250 K an episode.

If she's getting 100 K, it makes sense. But if she's making 50 K, then she's massively underpaid.
Based on the finale, they better paid up. And I can see why she was asking for comparable pay.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #99
KevTravels
Side-Kick

they keep talking about spin-offs. If they do, I hope they select the option of doing it overseas. Like in say the UK or Germany or in China.

Can still have a US lead. Say someone whose traveling and get caught up in the outbreak. Or maybe a diplomat or soldier (if set in say Germany/SK/Japan). It can all work. You'd have a diverse cast and maybe even have some of the dialogue in the native language, which can add to some of the plotlines.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #100
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Based on the finale, they better paid up. And I can see why she was asking for comparable pay.
It seems that Norman gets 500 K and they use him a lot less now. I think for sure Danai needs a pay increase. Due to BP and IW.