The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #801
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
This is the first time they've invaded the pitch. But the fans have been fighting each other in the stands on and off for the last two seasons.

They'll probably get a fine though.
If it happens again and a match gets abandoned, I think it will be worse for them.
Quote:
3 points is nice but kanes injury is a worry. Although son has been scoring for fun recently.
Son has been excellent. Do you know what/how bad Kane’s injury is yet?

Old 03-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #802
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'd say 40/60, the majority will always sway towards results no matter what sadly.
I'm definitely with you. Once the performances get boring enough I get less interested and look to other leisure interest. Despite all these years of Ashley ruining my club I still feel like a lucky fan compared to many others due to the amazing times we had under Keegan and Robson.

Quote:
At this rate he can split the class up to cover and entire week and get paid on the daily!
Haha, the guys who are currently Stoke style managers will be queuing up for the High End Stoke certification to go with their international coaching badges.

Quote:
That looked like some stuff from the bad old days, West Ham have always had an element like that unfortunately, like a lesser version of Millwall.
Unfortunately so. Needs to be stamped out now that they've had the warning.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #803
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

I just saw the Carragher stuff now, what on earth...

Old 03-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #804
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If it happens again and a match gets abandoned, I think it will be worse for them.

Son has been excellent. Do you know what/how bad Kane’s injury is yet?
Not yet poch said we should find out the next couple of days. Think they're waiting for the swelling to go down.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #805
Iceman
Infinity War!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43369490

Looks like some leagues have trouble on a different level!

Old 03-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #806
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Not yet poch said we should find out the next couple of days. Think they're waiting for the swelling to go down.
Oh, good luck for that. Huge player. England need him too for the World Cup. Not much point turning up without him.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #807
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

For all the unwanted gubbins over at West Ham over the weekend, another 'side' story' for me was Hart's performance, back in goal after a while and he made a mess of the goals, I think we have seen the end of his career at high end club and certainly at being regarded as a 'shoe in' for regular England caps.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #808
Iceman
Infinity War!

Goalkeeper is one area England never sorted out after Seaman left.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #809
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I don't disagree necessarily, but what would they do to stop so many fans who act this way?
Most of the seats are allocated to specific season tickets and along with CCTV they should be able to see which seats the ones who are causing trouble from are originating from. Ban those people (for life I reckon - at least going forward, needs to be zero tolerance to this) and confiscate their season tickets without paying back for any lost matches. As well as reporting their names to the police of course.

Even people who lend their season tickets out would then lose their season tickets (but not get reported or banned) and would therefore have to take some responsibility for who they lend them to. I think if a club could prove that they were doing all this every time after an event like this, it should be enough to avoid losing points. Otherwise it should be an automatic 3 point deduction (carried over to the next season if there is nothing left to play for this season).

Old 03-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #810
Iceman
Infinity War!

Silva with a double putting City 2-0 up away to Stoke. They must be pretty close to sealing the title by now.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #811
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Most of the seats are allocated to specific season tickets and along with CCTV they should be able to see which seats the ones who are causing trouble from are originating from. Ban those people (for life I reckon - at least going forward, needs to be zero tolerance to this) and confiscate their season tickets without paying back for any lost matches. As well as reporting their names to the police of course.

Even people who lend their season tickets out would then lose their season tickets (but not get reported or banned) and would therefore have to take some responsibility for who they lend them to. I think if a club could prove that they were doing all this every time after an event like this, it should be enough to avoid losing points. Otherwise it should be an automatic 3 point deduction (carried over to the next season if there is nothing left to play for this season).
This is all legit, and I agree with it. But this is all post incident. So it can't really help avoid the situation, if that makes sense.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #812
DarthSkywalker

Forget West Ham. Anyone see that Greek owner who ran onto the pitch with a gun this weekend?

Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #813
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Forget West Ham. Anyone see that Greek owner who ran onto the pitch with a gun this weekend?
Yeah, that's what I posted above. Crazy. The league is suspended now.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #814
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Change at Southampton....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43364304

Old 03-12-2018, 07:20 PM   #815
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
This is all legit, and I agree with it. But this is all post incident. So it can't really help avoid the situation, if that makes sense.
Yes it does. I think if done once properly, like right now, it would scare season ticket holders for future. People think they can get away with a lot before a precedent is set.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #816
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Southampton looked to be a legit top 10 club for a while there. Things have gone downhill quite badly.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #817
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Southampton looked to be a legit top 10 club for a while there. Things have gone downhill quite badly.
Selling your best players and losing good managers will do that.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:57 PM   #818
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Silva with a double putting City 2-0 up away to Stoke. They must be pretty close to sealing the title by now.
Hopefully they've won the league before we face them. With the world cup i doubt they'd be trying too hard.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #819
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Selling your best players and losing good managers will do that.
Wonder where they'd be now if they still had Koeman.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #820
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Hopefully they've won the league before we face them. With the world cup i doubt they'd be trying too hard.
All focus would likely switch to the CL.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #821
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I'm definitely with you. Once the performances get boring enough I get less interested and look to other leisure interest. Despite all these years of Ashley ruining my club I still feel like a lucky fan compared to many others due to the amazing times we had under Keegan and Robson.
Yeah, football is an entertainment IMO, it's not just about winning as if it was we wouldn't need to watch games, we could just check the score like back in the old days with the BBC Grandstand vidprinter for full time on a Saturday afternoon.

Quote:
Haha, the guys who are currently Stoke style managers will be queuing up for the High End Stoke certification to go with their international coaching badges.
If you reach the gold level standard by taking extra course you get a signed pic psoed for by Jose and Pulis.

Quote:
Unfortunately so. Needs to be stamped out now that they've had the warning.
Agreed, although as Lilbaz, West Ham fans have been fighting each other int he stands since they moved into the new stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
For all the unwanted gubbins over at West Ham over the weekend, another 'side' story' for me was Hart's performance, back in goal after a while and he made a mess of the goals, I think we have seen the end of his career at high end club and certainly at being regarded as a 'shoe in' for regular England caps.
He's been a phony for ages now, living off his name, problem is Butland hasn't really been great since his injury and I think this World Cup is too soon for Pickford.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #822
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Yes it does. I think if done once properly, like right now, it would scare season ticket holders for future. People think they can get away with a lot before a precedent is set.
That is a good point. It would go back to how the hooliganism culture was scared straight after legit penalties was imposed. You'll still get some, but best to cut most of it off at the knees at the start.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #823
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
He's been a phony for ages now, living off his name, problem is Butland hasn't really been great since his injury and I think this World Cup is too soon for Pickford.
The thing is, Joe Hart was never great. He was always overrated. Why Pep got rid of him quick. A good shot stopper, but he has never been more the mediocre at the other parts of being a keeper, and as his athleticism goes, he isn't even a decent shot stopper anymore.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #824
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Yeah, football is an entertainment IMO, it's not just about winning as if it was we wouldn't need to watch games, we could just check the score like back in the old days with the BBC Grandstand vidprinter for full time on a Saturday afternoon.
I used to have my TV showing teletext continuously rather than watching TV, and kept refreshing in the hope of transfer news. When Del Piero was rumoured for Newcastle I did it a few hundred times a day.

Quote:
If you reach the gold level standard by taking extra course you get a signed pic psoed for by Jose and Pulis.
And brunch with Sam Allardyce. Pulis himself is studying for the High End Stoke certification.

Quote:
Agreed, although as Lilbaz, West Ham fans have been fighting each other int he stands since they moved into the new stadium.
The stadium move doesn't seem to have worked out well for them so far. Will be interesting to see what it's like if they get success on the pitch.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #825
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
That is a good point. It would go back to how the hooliganism culture was scared straight after legit penalties was imposed. You'll still get some, but best to cut most of it off at the knees at the start.
Yeah. It's impressive that such a serious problem was successfully eliminated so it can be done.

Closed Thread