The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #826
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Listening to some sports talk today, it amazes me how many people say, "its wrong to do this stuff, but..." No, there is no but. Protest. Chant. But once you start getting overly aggressive much less violent, its just wrong. Especially with kids around.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #827
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Listening to some sports talk today, it amazes me how many people say, "its wrong to do this stuff, but..." No, there is no but. Protest. Chant. But once you start getting overly aggressive much less violent, its just wrong. Especially with kids around.
Totally agreed.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #828
Iceman
Infinity War!

Michael Carrick announces he will retire at the end of the season.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #829
Iceman
Infinity War!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43383313
President of Greek club PAOK Salonika apologises after coming on to pitch with gun

The guy's said he's sorry so all ok now.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #830
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Nothing a good old heartfelt apology can't cure. I wasn't even aware it was legal to carry a firearm in public in Greece.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #831
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Aaaaaaand Fellaini is starting for United against Sevilla…

DDG, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Young, Matic, Fellaini, Lingard, Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku.

A midfield 2 of Fellaini and Matic is rather unpleasant.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #832
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Yeah the front line inspires confidence the midfield well doesnt. I can see a nervy night ahead....

Old 03-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #833
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

It has one of those anxious vibes about it, it's 0-0 and over the last few years our team has seemed psychologically weak at times when the chips are down, a few too many close shaves.

Jose got us an EL title so I'm not super worried, but that midfield is asking to get run over and for our defense to participate way too much.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #834
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

I can see us going 1 one up or something but then clinging on for the last 35 minutes with another backs to the wall type display. Not pretty but, hopefully, effective.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #835
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Sevilla making us look dead average so far.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #836
Iceman
Infinity War!

Utd really need a goal or 2 asap.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #837
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Has all the feel of a pre season friendly this game. If Sevilla were half decent this tie would be over, they seem to be the only one with any urgency or desire to make the next round. We dont seem bothered either way if we go through or not. Offering little going forward at the moment and nothing seems to be really working at the moment.

Really cant call it at the moment could go either way.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #838
Iceman
Infinity War!

Jose going for penalties?

Old 03-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #839
DarthSkywalker

Goddamnit.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #840
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Nah, just for the straight loss apparently.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #841
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Saw it coming, pathetic lazy uninspired *******s

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 03-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #842
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Jose going for penalties?
We have been opening, we have been attacking and this is exactly why he doesn't like doing that.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #843
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Now we go from having to score once to twice.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #844
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

The lack of attacking coherence is honestly terrible to watch, how the **** don’t we have a plan going forward...? -_-

Old 03-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #845
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Lmfao Okay that’s enough for me this evening.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #846
DarthSkywalker

It's over.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #847
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
We have been opening, we have been attacking and this is exactly why he doesn't like doing that.
Oh damn. He's going to double down on his old strategy after this then.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #848
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

A complete screw up on all fronts poor team choice poor tactics and the players didn’t seem to give a damn

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 03-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #849
DarthSkywalker

Outside of Bailly our backline is awful. And as soon as Pogba came on, our tracking back in midfield went to ****. Bailly was cleaning up almost everything back himself before the first goal. It was ridiculous.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #850
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Oh so nooooooooow we want to play ball...Shades of LvG all over again. Play like **** for 75 minutes, concede, then panic and pour forward.

Closed Thread