The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 07-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Default Heavy Metal and The Fifth Element

Did this movie reminded any of those cult classics?

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Default Re: Heavy Metal and The Fifth Element

I could see certain "shades" of The Fifth Element in stuff like The Collector's look, the "roguish"-characterizations and humor of Corben Dallas and Peter Quill are parallel, and ofcourse, there's the appearance from actor Christopher Fairbanks that kinda' certifies the winks to that film.

As for Heavy Metal, well, both HM and GOTG have a rock-soundtracks from diverse bands. Heavy Metal also had roguish-characters like Harry Canyon and Captain Sternn, much like Peter Quill is. Harry Canyon, the robot from the HM segment "So Beautiful, So Dangerous", and Rocket have similar type of attitude. Den and Drax are both very strong and bald. And ofcourse, Taarna and Gamora are both d@mn sexy and lethal.

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
I could see certain "shades" of The Fifth Element in stuff like The Collector's look, the "roguish"-characterizations and humor of Corben Dallas and Peter Quill are parallel, and ofcourse, there's the appearance from actor Christopher Fairbanks that kinda' certifies the winks to that film.

As for Heavy Metal, well, both HM and GOTG have a rock-soundtracks from diverse bands. Heavy Metal also had roguish-characters like Harry Canyon and Captain Sternn, much like Peter Quill is. Harry Canyon, the robot from the HM segment "So Beautiful, So Dangerous", and Rocket have similar type of attitude. Den and Drax are both very strong and bald. And ofcourse, Taarna and Gamora are both d@mn sexy and lethal.
Damn right i can see all that.

Id love to see James Gunn do a segment in a new HM movie.

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

YES ! I got a massive heavy metal vibe from the first film.
Mostly due to the music and establishing shots ( especially when they visit Nowhere ) but mostly due to the sense of fun- that neither film took itself too seriously.

5th Element ? Not so much. I think GOTG was what 5E vould have been with a bit less Chris Tucker and a better director.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote