The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Iron Fist

Old 03-04-2016, 06:03 PM   #26
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Well interesting to see it now looks like Shang chi will be invovled in the show. After all our talks of late.

Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #27
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Robert John Burke as Orson Randall. Great tough guy character actor with some mrtial arts background

Old 03-04-2016, 07:57 PM   #28
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I think it's cool that they're casting him. I was actually holding out hope that they'd put Shang Chi leading movies (I know it's a stretch, though). It feels like the TV side is much better at casting asian actors than the movies (in particular, Asian women, so it's good to see a male actor cast), so it would have been nice to see a major movie role given to an Asian actor or actress.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #29
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/...-netflix-show/

Bleeding Cool says no Shang-Chi, so take it for what it's Earth.

I'm not saying Bleeding Cool is more credible, but a lot of rumor sites have published fake scoops before.

Case in point, these stories:

http://peeltheorange.net/2015/10/31/...m-for-netflix/

http://peeltheorange.net/2015/10/23/...nisher-series/

Inside sources!

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 03-05-2016 at 03:57 PM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #30
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

The thing is the call sheets usually have pseudonyms and are they just misinterpreting one of the many Asian characters inherent to Iron Fist like Thunderer or Steel Serpent as a casting call for Shang-Chi? That's my guess

Old 03-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #31
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/...-netflix-show/

Bleeding Cool says no Shang-Chi, so take it for what it's Earth.

I'm not saying Bleeding Cool is more credible, but a lot of rumor sites have published fake scoops before.

Case in point, these stories:

http://peeltheorange.net/2015/10/31/...m-for-netflix/

http://peeltheorange.net/2015/10/23/...nisher-series/

Inside sources!
Bleeding fool are where comes from the guy with the bar story about Iron Fist being cancelled though.

The Hashtag show who speak about Shang chi, had Finn Jones casting first but they could still be wrong here.

So I will keep my expectations low for Shang Chi.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #32
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
Bleeding fool are where comes from the guy with the bar story about Iron Fist being cancelled though.

The Hashtag show who speak about Shang chi, had Finn Jones casting first but they could still be wrong here.

So I will keep my expectations low for Shang Chi.
Pokkle, check this out for the hashtag show. Jessica Lowndes as Kimberly/Pink Ranger and Meryl Streep as Rita Repulsa:

- CM Punk
Old 03-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #33
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pokkle, check this out for the hashtag show. Jessica Lowndes as Kimberly/Pink Ranger and Meryl Streep as Rita Repulsa:

Yeah like I said, it isn't because they got one good news that they can't be wrong.
It's why I keep my expectations low.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #34
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i saw that news from bleeding cool. For me they usually only been more right on comic related news items then tv/film stuff they been off the mark more. Where as the site that break finn casting i believe has scooped out things in the past. But ultimately no news/rumor sites are 100% all the time. So i guess we will just have to wait and see to we get more casting news to see who is right.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #35
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Not sure if he's sticking to it, but didn't Umberto aka El Mayimbe say he's done with the scoop thing after he got shut down with false scoops multiple times?

- CM Punk
Old 03-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #36
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Umm I thought that was daily bugle spidey not el.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 PM   #37
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Don't care for that dude either.

- CM Punk
Old 03-08-2016, 03:38 AM   #38
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Quote:
Not sure if he's sticking to it, but didn't Umberto aka El Mayimbe say he's done with the scoop thing after he got shut down with false scoops multiple times?
He's said that he's done with spoilers, not scoops.

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #39
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
He's said that he's done with spoilers, not scoops.
Thanks, I didn't remember.

- CM Punk
Old 03-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #40
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Pity, it'd be nice if he did stop playing the exploitative internet fortune teller.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #41
The Infernal
Living Impaired

Thought it was funny when he got called out on some Star Wars casting scoop (I think) he tried to peddle.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #42
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

El has a pretty bad record at times. Really only things he has had a better but still gotten a few things wrong is dc and wb films.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:20 AM   #43
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Hey, so we know that we're getting the early pre-Claremont and Claremont/Byrne issues as the inspiration. Triple Iron and Scythe are lame. If a rich man like Harold Meachum is going to hire bodyguards, he'll hire somebody who can easily beat Daniel in a hand to hand fight. I'm talking Tony Masters.

Let's put it this way. If I were a billionaire who had a lethal, "living weapon" after me, I'd hire an ex-HYDRA operative with multiple blackbelts and photographic reflexes and wears a skull mask since he seems like he's the most dangerous man that money can buy. And Marvel didn't negotiate with Fox to get the rights to Taskmaster back from Fox over something more obvious like Kang or the Shi'Ar unless they had big plans for him. He can debut on Iron Fist in 2017, be a secondary antagonist in Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2018 and then settle into being a recurring villain on Agents of SHIELD until Marvel decide to do something with Thunderbolts. Taskmaster FTW.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #44
McSir
Side-Kick

So, I stumbled on this browsing around the internet. Mostly info we know already, but according to this Carrie Anne Moss is slated to play Hogarth in Iron Fist. Not really a reliable source and they don't mention where they heard this from, but here it is:

http://www.pointofgeeks.com/exclusiv...n-fist-update/

McSir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:21 AM   #45
Stark Bauer
Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Hey, so we know that we're getting the early pre-Claremont and Claremont/Byrne issues as the inspiration. Triple Iron and Scythe are lame. If a rich man like Harold Meachum is going to hire bodyguards, he'll hire somebody who can easily beat Daniel in a hand to hand fight. I'm talking Tony Masters.

Let's put it this way. If I were a billionaire who had a lethal, "living weapon" after me, I'd hire an ex-HYDRA operative with multiple blackbelts and photographic reflexes and wears a skull mask since he seems like he's the most dangerous man that money can buy. And Marvel didn't negotiate with Fox to get the rights to Taskmaster back from Fox over something more obvious like Kang or the Shi'Ar unless they had big plans for him. He can debut on Iron Fist in 2017, be a secondary antagonist in Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2018 and then settle into being a recurring villain on Agents of SHIELD until Marvel decide to do something with Thunderbolts. Taskmaster FTW.

If only. I personally dont see this happening. More likely it will be Steel Serpent as the main baddie. I dont see this becoming a SpiderMan 3 situation and having 2 or more bad guys. At most 1 mastermind and 1 combat villain like Kingpin and the Nobu in Daredevil S1.

Stark Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:49 AM   #46
BarryAllen
ey b0ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Bauer View Post
If only. I personally dont see this happening. More likely it will be Steel Serpent as the main baddie. I dont see this becoming a SpiderMan 3 situation and having 2 or more bad guys. At most 1 mastermind and 1 combat villain like Kingpin and the Nobu in Daredevil S1.
Probably the Meachums and Steel Serpent.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #47
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i doubt they put taskmaster on iron fist. I still feel he is better suited to appear over on shield then iron fist. Again what we likely will see is meachum as the company/real world issues rand has to tackle and steel serpent coming from kun lun and be his mystical threat.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:41 PM   #48
Stark Bauer
Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

Taskmaster is better suited for Deadpool or Captain America. Would be a big waste in a Netflix series unless we are talking the Defenders lol

Stark Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #49
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i still rather him appear on aos more myself. But poping up soon i hope will happen. As we know marvel studios currently controls the character.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #50
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

This time tomorrow we'll be talking about how awesome Colleen Wing, Shang Chi, & Steel Serpent were.

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

Last edited by Leo Zelinsky; 03-16-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote