The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #601
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

Happy 10th anniversary to The Dark Knight and everyone involved in the making of it. There isn't much for me to add about this movie that hasn't already been mentioned since it came out. So without sounding too much like a broken record I’ll just keep it simple and quick… but I just got done rewatching The Dark Knight, which has been a while. I think the movie still holds up quite well. Even though I wasn’t paying attention to the time I was reminded after the movie ended how very tightly paced it was/is for 2 hours 32 minutes. The movie/story never drags or falls short of it‘s running time. The production values are still top notch. Featuring strong performances from Bale, Eckhart, Oldman, Caine, Freeman, and of course the late Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight is still quite an achievement from Nolan, who‘s biggest accomplishment was making a movie that was more than just another Batman/superhero movie, but a great well made movie. It’s still unfortunate that Ledger never got to see it and the success it (as well as his career would’ve) garnered. But yeah... I think the years seem have been kind to The Dark Knight. May the next ten years and over continue to be kind.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #602
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

You Know How I Got These Scars: How the Joker Writes His Own Narrative in ‘The Dark Knight’

Old 07-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #603
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #604
DoomRulz
A guy that comes and goes

I just posted this to my Instagram account. Seemed appropriate to finally roll it out for today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlY6lzEl...hejurassicgeek

Movies don't. Especially not the diseased, cancerous, leprosy-induced, kolera that is a Snyder exercise in brain death you would call movies.

To equate the struggle for civil rights of black people to DCEU should be grounds for admittance to a mental institution
DoomRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #605
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Feeling the TDK love for the anniversary in here

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #606
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Happy 10th anniversary to The Dark Knight and everyone involved in the making of it. There isn't much for me to add about this movie that hasn't already been mentioned since it came out. So without sounding too much like a broken record I’ll just keep it simple and quick… but I just got done rewatching The Dark Knight, which has been a while. I think the movie still holds up quite well. Even though I wasn’t paying attention to the time I was reminded after the movie ended how very tightly paced it was/is for 2 hours 32 minutes. The movie/story never drags or falls short of it‘s running time. The production values are still top notch. Featuring strong performances from Bale, Eckhart, Oldman, Caine, Freeman, and of course the late Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight is still quite an achievement from Nolan, who‘s biggest accomplishment was making a movie that was more than just another Batman/superhero movie, but a great well made movie. It’s still unfortunate that Ledger never got to see it and the success it (as well as his career would’ve) garnered. But yeah... I think the years seem have been kind to The Dark Knight. May the next ten years and over continue to be kind.
Yes, a masterpiece, and very sad Heath wasn’t here to see how well it did and how much audiences loved it and his amazing performance in particular. I’m confident future generations of superhero fans will eventually see this and be very impressed.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #607
Pennywise
Side-Kick

I get jumpy at the scene where Joker interrogates the imposter Batman, especially when he shouts, "LOOK AT ME!!!"

Brilliant performance by Ledger!

Pennywise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #608
The Shape
In the shadows

I feel old. Hard to believe it's already been 10 years.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:51 PM   #609
DoomRulz
A guy that comes and goes

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Heath Ledger. Thanks to his performance as the Joker, he inspired me to become an actor

Movies don't. Especially not the diseased, cancerous, leprosy-induced, kolera that is a Snyder exercise in brain death you would call movies.

To equate the struggle for civil rights of black people to DCEU should be grounds for admittance to a mental institution
DoomRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM   #610
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

In honor of TDK's 10th anniversary, I wrote a blog post which I have a lot of feelings over TDK, how literally it changed my life, and ultimately, about optimism in designing the communities we want.

Granted, very little of this is actually about TDK itself. But you'll learn a lot about what I've been doing lately in real life. I think Batman would be proud.

http://anitacheng.com/dark-knight-retrospective

Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM   #611
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRulz View Post
I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Heath Ledger. Thanks to his performance as the Joker, he inspired me to become an actor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
In honor of TDK's 10th anniversary, I wrote a blog post which I have a lot of feelings over TDK, how literally it changed my life, and ultimately, about optimism in designing the communities we want.

Granted, very little of this is actually about TDK itself. But you'll learn a lot about what I've been doing lately in real life. I think Batman would be proud.

Wow. These two posts are wonderful examples of the positive impact TDK had on its fans.

That blog post is beautiful, Anita.

- The Joker
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #612
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Celebrating 10 years of one of the greatest movies of the century, we got that awful Titans trailer. :S

It makes All Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder look tame in comparison.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #613
James.B
In search of the absurd

Quote:
Brian Rood has created a brand new Fine Art Print! Batman™ The Dark Knight print features all the pivotal characters from the film and will display perfectly in any movie or DC aficionado’s collection! Pre-Orders for the framed version will launch on Friday, July 20, 2018 between Noon – 3PM (Pacific Time). If any items remain, they will be made available for Pre-Order unframed beginning on Monday, July 23, 2018 between Noon – 3PM (Pacific Time).
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/its...ine-art-print/

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #614
The Joker

^ That is awesome.

- The Joker
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #615
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

Hollywood's 25 Favorite Villains

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter's survey of nearly 1,000 working entertainment industry insiders reveals the most feared (and admired) nemeses, evil geniuses and cold-blooded killers (including seven Oscar winners) creating millions of nightmares and driving billions in box office.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #616
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

Wow Anita! Now there is a name I haven't heard in ages! I remember all too well your work in documenting the virals. I still have the CD you gifted me!!

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #617
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

'The Dark Knight’ Helped Me Recognize My Fear of People

Old Today, 11:02 AM   #619
The Joker

The legacy of TDK's greatness still as strong as ever. I remember back in 2012/13 people thought it would fade after the TDK trilogy ended. That the MCU would take the crown with a greatest CBM ever.

Still waiting for that day. I bet in another 10 years I still will be.

- The Joker
Old Today, 11:38 AM   #620
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

I'm glad I was around to truly experience the hype and excitement of TDK. Wonder if we'll ever truly be that excited for a BATMAN film again?

Perhaps it's just part of getting older?

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #621
Brother Jack
Believer

Part of it is getting older, but it's also just that TDK was lightning in a bottle. A film like that only comes around once every generation or so. It also doesn't help that DC has been slumming it so much since TDKT.

Old Today, 12:11 PM   #622
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

I just remember they'd release a still image and I'd be hyped... even getting the 'first look' images for the Bat-logo on each Nolan movie was thrilling.

I got a slight twinge of excitement when they first showed a comic accurate looking Bat-Fleck, but everything since barely registers a ''yeah, cool'' anymore.

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #623
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

1966 Batman has an apology for that Titans trailer.

At least Robin being a weird moron.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:07 PM   #624
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

‘The Dark Knight’ Turns 10: How Christopher Nolan Launched an Epic Battle to Make Imax Blockbusters

An Ode to James Gordon, the True Hero of ‘The Dark Knight’

How ‘The Dark Knight’ Plays With the Theme of Identity

Old Today, 08:00 PM   #625
shauner111
Side-Kick

Two things:

Batlobster, that 80’s trailer is f’n amazing. Soooo good. It brings me back to the days of Die Hard, Terminator, Robocop etc. Really well done. Makes me feel like going back to VHS forever!

Second thing: pumped about the Penguin possibly being the main villain of the Batman. I know Joker’s probably happy about this rumor. I prefer Cobblepot over Nygma.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote