The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #751
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Watching democracy die
Posts: 108,263
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by David H. View Post
Charlie Cox as Batman.
Lol, hes fine right where he is.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
squeekness is online now  
Old 12-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #752
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,991
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Give me Gyllenhaal or give me death!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #753
Sawyer
High King
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 98,198
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

On one hand, I would love Gyllenhaal. On the other, I think some of you have gotten too attached and are almost certainly setting yourselves up for disappointment.

__________________
https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/statu...05636392116224
Quote:
Eric Heisserer
@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #754
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 5,217
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Or maybe Reeves will go with an out of left field pick that might be unexpected, but someone we could all totally see in the role. Really, I think that'd be preferable.

Whoever gets it, hopefully they don't have the press circling them with less than flattering news every other week as was the case with Affleck, primarily with his 'Will he, won't he' remain in the role.

NotNickFury is online now  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #755
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,991
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
On one hand, I would love Gyllenhaal. On the other, I think some of you have gotten too attached and are almost certainly setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Give me JAKE.... or give me DEATH!!!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #756
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 8,111
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Or maybe Reeves will go with an out of left field pick that might be unexpected, but someone we could all totally see in the role. Really, I think that'd be preferable.

Whoever gets it, hopefully they don't have the press circling them with less than flattering news every other week as was the case with Affleck, primarily with his 'Will he, won't he' remain in the role.
I’d love for Gyllenhaal to get it but I do have faith that Reeves will pick someone good.

Astro13Zombie is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #757
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,424
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Or maybe Reeves will go with an out of left field pick that might be unexpected, but someone we could all totally see in the role. Really, I think that'd be preferable.

Whoever gets it, hopefully they don't have the press circling them with less than flattering news every other week as was the case with Affleck, primarily with his 'Will he, won't he' remain in the role.

__________________
"Times are gone for honest men and sometimes far too long for snakes"

- Christopher J. Cornell
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #758
EyesOnly
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 134
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Ben Affleck interview with the Daily Sabah:

B.T.: Do you see yourself coming back for another 'Batman' or at this moment are you looking at different projects?

B.A: For me, it's interesting, and I always evaluate this stuff on the merit of the material. I want to direct a "Batman" movie, and I never got a script that I was happy with, so they are starting over and writing another script. And right now, I think a lot of different possibilities I think for the way the DC Universe could go, and I will just follow my interests in pursing that. And I know that I love working with this group of people, and it was a real joy for me to make this movie.


Interesting how he still wants to direct a Batman movie and still evaluating a return to the role.

https://www.dailysabah.com/arts-cult...uperhero-films

EyesOnly is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #759
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 5,217
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Oh for the love of-much as I loved Affleck in BvS, the only way I think I'd want to see him a. remain in the role and b. direct a script for a Batman film is if his heart was in it. And between him stepping down as director for The Batman and up through a lot of the Justice League stuff, I don't think his heart has really been in it. That's just me. I don't doubt that he has enthusiasm for the character or when he said at Comic Con this year that he was a lucky guy to play Batman to the point that he'd play an ape for Matt Reeves.

At the same time, I can't deny Matt Reeves' directing prowess and were Affleck to direct a Batman film, I personally wouldn't want it to be the first one right off the bat. Let Reeves work his magic and see where it lands. I think Affleck's still a good director- yeah, Live By Night is no Argo, but I still enjoyed it- but I think for the moment, it wouldn't hurt to take a bit of a backseat, both in directing Batman and, if indeed the role is recast, playing him.

But we'll see. At the very least, if he remained with this universe, I'd like to see him direct A DC Films movie. Maybe not necessarily Batman, but I have to imagine there are other characters in this universe whom Affleck could make work with a good script.

NotNickFury is online now  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #760
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,991
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

That could mean he'll return in years time to direct his own. But yeah, it might he will return. However, I think he's more interested in directing a movie of Batman than starring as him again.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #761
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 8,111
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnly View Post
Ben Affleck interview with the Daily Sabah:

B.T.: Do you see yourself coming back for another 'Batman' or at this moment are you looking at different projects?

B.A: For me, it's interesting, and I always evaluate this stuff on the merit of the material. I want to direct a "Batman" movie, and I never got a script that I was happy with, so they are starting over and writing another script. And right now, I think a lot of different possibilities I think for the way the DC Universe could go, and I will just follow my interests in pursing that. And I know that I love working with this group of people, and it was a real joy for me to make this movie.


Interesting how he still wants to direct a Batman movie and still evaluating a return to the role.

https://www.dailysabah.com/arts-cult...uperhero-films
Just leave already

Astro13Zombie is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #762
FatRobin
Side-Dish
 
FatRobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Batcave
Posts: 326
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
That could mean he'll return in years time to direct his own. But yeah, it might he will return. However, I think he's more interested in directing a movie of Batman than starring as him again.
Directing a franchise movie when the main role used to be yours must be weird It's like Andrew Garfield directing a Tom Holland Spidey movie. The bitterness.

FatRobin is online now  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #763
dhandler01
This world will fall!
 
dhandler01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,604
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

I cant believe people want Fassbender or McAvoy to be honest...I mean no offense but they dont exactly have the greatest track records outside of X-Men. Although they are preferable to Robocop of the Rohirrim

Honestly I think it would be way cooler if they went lesser known and let Batman be the defining role than go with Michael "What Bad Movie Am I Starring in This Week That is Going to Tank" Fassbender and James "I am the Second Best Charles Xavier And the Gap is Wide" (and third best if you count the one from the film The Interns) McAvoy

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Jenkins
The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
dhandler01 is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #764
EyesOnly
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 134
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

I don't know anything about this source, but thought i'd post it regardless.

Breaking Update DC :
Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill will be renewing their movie contracts in January 2018. If all the negotiation goes through. Ben Affleck will not only become the Leader of the DC movie universe Leader but He will also direct the next Justice League movie.Henry Cavill Superman will have approximately 3 new movie and 2 cameos according to the contract information. All this goes through or not. We will find out soon enough.stay on our page.

Marvel contract info coming up next.
Like : Television & Movies
https://www.facebook.com/cinemandtv/...type=3&theater

EyesOnly is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #765
FatRobin
Side-Dish
 
FatRobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Batcave
Posts: 326
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnly View Post
I don't know anything about this source, but thought i'd post it regardless.

Breaking Update DC :
Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill will be renewing their movie contracts in January 2018. If all the negotiation goes through. Ben Affleck will not only become the Leader of the DC movie universe Leader but He will also direct the next Justice League movie.Henry Cavill Superman will have approximately 3 new movie and 2 cameos according to the contract information. All this goes through or not. We will find out soon enough.stay on our page.

Marvel contract info coming up next.
Like : Television & Movies
https://www.facebook.com/cinemandtv/...type=3&theater
That's both good news and bad news for me. I want Cavill to stay.

FatRobin is online now  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #766
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Sounds made up honestly.

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #767
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 5,217
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
I cant believe people want Fassbender or McAvoy to be honest...I mean no offense but they dont exactly have the greatest track records outside of X-Men. Although they are preferable to Robocop of the Rohirrim

Honestly I think it would be way cooler if they went lesser known and let Batman be the defining role than go with Michael "What Bad Movie Am I Starring in This Week That is Going to Tank" Fassbender and James "I am the Second Best Charles Xavier And the Gap is Wide" (and third best if you count the one from the film The Interns) McAvoy
McAvoy's got some solid films like Eleanor Rigby, Split, and Atonement on his resume. Sure, maybe not everything he's done is gold, but he's got a good track record outside of X-Men.

NotNickFury is online now  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #768
EyesOnly
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 134
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Sounds made up honestly.
Someone from another forum regarding the Cinema TV announcement. Makes a couple good points.

"Apparently the people announcing it have a flawless track record? I haven't checked. They claim to. Either way, they also finally clarified why Ben wanted out and it does make a lot of sense. Allegedly, WB didn't agree to the amount of funding Ben wanted for the Batman movie and restricted his creative freedom, only to write Matt Reeves a blank check and promise him he'd have all the creative freedom he wanted. Ben felt betrayed and decided to leave. It makes sense from a chronological standpoint. The news of Ben wanting out broke right after the news of him stepping down as director and the news of Reeves taking the reins. Most importantly though, it makes sense as an actual reason for Ben to want to leave. I would too. It also makes sense for this kind of outcome to be possible. JL flopped. Before JL, while the usual suspects of 300-ish bloggers and journalists lambasted the DCEU, it still made bank... Now it's a different story. WB would be smart to play this card and hand over the universe to Ben. I just hope it's true and if it is, I hope the contract is airtight and has absolutely no loopholes for WB to pull some shady crap. I don't trust them after the circus that was JL."

Honestly, with the way things are at WB, this wouldn't surprise me one bit. Affleck seems to be their golden boy anyway.


Last edited by EyesOnly; 12-20-2017 at 09:45 PM.
EyesOnly is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #769
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,991
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Madness... pure ****ing madness.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #770
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Keep him on to direct, let someone else take the mantle.

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #771
Sawyer
High King
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 98,198
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Affleck was arguably the face of both BVS and JL, both movies that should've been absolute smashes, but instead were critically **** on and took a hit at the box office because of it. I don't see why WB would want him back.

Affleck dropped out from directing and has been super coy about whether he'd even be starring in the solo Batman, and this was even BEFORE Justice League, and we've seen how that panned out. I don't see why Affleck would want to go back.

I'm not buying anything that says he's still on board.

__________________
https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/statu...05636392116224
Quote:
Eric Heisserer
@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #772
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 8,111
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Ben Afflake

Astro13Zombie is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #773
LaughterLives
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 985
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

God! Just drop the guy. He's awful. Put him in more comedies and keep him far and away from this stuff altogether.

WB can do better. Keeping Affleck on is like saying they can't. It's so sad.

LaughterLives is offline  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #774
EyesOnly
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 134
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Ben Afflake
Hahahahaha

EyesOnly is offline  
Old 12-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #775
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,408
Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughterLives View Post
God! Just drop the guy. He's awful. Put him in more comedies and keep him far and away from this stuff altogether.

WB can do better. Keeping Affleck on is like saying they can't. It's so sad.
Yeah, and since Reeve is rumored to be looking for other younger actors it'll be a true mess if they keep Affleck around for Flashpoint or some other nonsense.

Frodo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.