Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 12-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #753
Sawyer
High King

Default Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 1

On one hand, I would love Gyllenhaal. On the other, I think some of you have gotten too attached and are almost certainly setting yourselves up for disappointment.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 12-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #754
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Or maybe Reeves will go with an out of left field pick that might be unexpected, but someone we could all totally see in the role. Really, I think that'd be preferable.

Whoever gets it, hopefully they don't have the press circling them with less than flattering news every other week as was the case with Affleck, primarily with his 'Will he, won't he' remain in the role.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #755
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
On one hand, I would love Gyllenhaal. On the other, I think some of you have gotten too attached and are almost certainly setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Give me JAKE.... or give me DEATH!!!

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #756
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Or maybe Reeves will go with an out of left field pick that might be unexpected, but someone we could all totally see in the role. Really, I think that'd be preferable.

Whoever gets it, hopefully they don't have the press circling them with less than flattering news every other week as was the case with Affleck, primarily with his 'Will he, won't he' remain in the role.
I’d love for Gyllenhaal to get it but I do have faith that Reeves will pick someone good.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #757
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post

- Christopher J. Cornell
Old 12-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #758
EyesOnly
Side-Kick

Ben Affleck interview with the Daily Sabah:

B.T.: Do you see yourself coming back for another 'Batman' or at this moment are you looking at different projects?

B.A: For me, it's interesting, and I always evaluate this stuff on the merit of the material. I want to direct a "Batman" movie, and I never got a script that I was happy with, so they are starting over and writing another script. And right now, I think a lot of different possibilities I think for the way the DC Universe could go, and I will just follow my interests in pursing that. And I know that I love working with this group of people, and it was a real joy for me to make this movie.

Interesting how he still wants to direct a Batman movie and still evaluating a return to the role.

https://www.dailysabah.com/arts-cult...uperhero-films

Old 12-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #759
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Oh for the love of-much as I loved Affleck in BvS, the only way I think I'd want to see him a. remain in the role and b. direct a script for a Batman film is if his heart was in it. And between him stepping down as director for The Batman and up through a lot of the Justice League stuff, I don't think his heart has really been in it. That's just me. I don't doubt that he has enthusiasm for the character or when he said at Comic Con this year that he was a lucky guy to play Batman to the point that he'd play an ape for Matt Reeves.

At the same time, I can't deny Matt Reeves' directing prowess and were Affleck to direct a Batman film, I personally wouldn't want it to be the first one right off the bat. Let Reeves work his magic and see where it lands. I think Affleck's still a good director- yeah, Live By Night is no Argo, but I still enjoyed it- but I think for the moment, it wouldn't hurt to take a bit of a backseat, both in directing Batman and, if indeed the role is recast, playing him.

But we'll see. At the very least, if he remained with this universe, I'd like to see him direct A DC Films movie. Maybe not necessarily Batman, but I have to imagine there are other characters in this universe whom Affleck could make work with a good script.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #760
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

That could mean he'll return in years time to direct his own. But yeah, it might he will return. However, I think he's more interested in directing a movie of Batman than starring as him again.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 12-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #761
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnly View Post
Ben Affleck interview with the Daily Sabah:

B.T.: Do you see yourself coming back for another 'Batman' or at this moment are you looking at different projects?

B.A: For me, it's interesting, and I always evaluate this stuff on the merit of the material. I want to direct a "Batman" movie, and I never got a script that I was happy with, so they are starting over and writing another script. And right now, I think a lot of different possibilities I think for the way the DC Universe could go, and I will just follow my interests in pursing that. And I know that I love working with this group of people, and it was a real joy for me to make this movie.

Interesting how he still wants to direct a Batman movie and still evaluating a return to the role.

https://www.dailysabah.com/arts-cult...uperhero-films
Just leave already

Old 12-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #762
FatRobin
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
That could mean he'll return in years time to direct his own. But yeah, it might he will return. However, I think he's more interested in directing a movie of Batman than starring as him again.
Directing a franchise movie when the main role used to be yours must be weird It's like Andrew Garfield directing a Tom Holland Spidey movie. The bitterness.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #763
dhandler01
This world will fall!

I cant believe people want Fassbender or McAvoy to be honest...I mean no offense but they dont exactly have the greatest track records outside of X-Men. Although they are preferable to Robocop of the Rohirrim

Honestly I think it would be way cooler if they went lesser known and let Batman be the defining role than go with Michael "What Bad Movie Am I Starring in This Week That is Going to Tank" Fassbender and James "I am the Second Best Charles Xavier And the Gap is Wide" (and third best if you count the one from the film The Interns) McAvoy

The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
Old 12-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #764
EyesOnly
Side-Kick

I don't know anything about this source, but thought i'd post it regardless.

Breaking Update DC :
Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill will be renewing their movie contracts in January 2018. If all the negotiation goes through. Ben Affleck will not only become the Leader of the DC movie universe Leader but He will also direct the next Justice League movie.Henry Cavill Superman will have approximately 3 new movie and 2 cameos according to the contract information. All this goes through or not. We will find out soon enough.stay on our page.

Marvel contract info coming up next.
Like : Television & Movies
https://www.facebook.com/cinemandtv/...type=3&theater

Old 12-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #765
FatRobin
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnly View Post
I don't know anything about this source, but thought i'd post it regardless.

Breaking Update DC :
Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill will be renewing their movie contracts in January 2018. If all the negotiation goes through. Ben Affleck will not only become the Leader of the DC movie universe Leader but He will also direct the next Justice League movie.Henry Cavill Superman will have approximately 3 new movie and 2 cameos according to the contract information. All this goes through or not. We will find out soon enough.stay on our page.

Marvel contract info coming up next.
Like : Television & Movies
https://www.facebook.com/cinemandtv/...type=3&theater
That's both good news and bad news for me. I want Cavill to stay.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #766
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Sounds made up honestly.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #767
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
I cant believe people want Fassbender or McAvoy to be honest...I mean no offense but they dont exactly have the greatest track records outside of X-Men. Although they are preferable to Robocop of the Rohirrim

Honestly I think it would be way cooler if they went lesser known and let Batman be the defining role than go with Michael "What Bad Movie Am I Starring in This Week That is Going to Tank" Fassbender and James "I am the Second Best Charles Xavier And the Gap is Wide" (and third best if you count the one from the film The Interns) McAvoy
McAvoy's got some solid films like Eleanor Rigby, Split, and Atonement on his resume. Sure, maybe not everything he's done is gold, but he's got a good track record outside of X-Men.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #768
EyesOnly
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Sounds made up honestly.
Someone from another forum regarding the Cinema TV announcement. Makes a couple good points.

"Apparently the people announcing it have a flawless track record? I haven't checked. They claim to. Either way, they also finally clarified why Ben wanted out and it does make a lot of sense. Allegedly, WB didn't agree to the amount of funding Ben wanted for the Batman movie and restricted his creative freedom, only to write Matt Reeves a blank check and promise him he'd have all the creative freedom he wanted. Ben felt betrayed and decided to leave. It makes sense from a chronological standpoint. The news of Ben wanting out broke right after the news of him stepping down as director and the news of Reeves taking the reins. Most importantly though, it makes sense as an actual reason for Ben to want to leave. I would too. It also makes sense for this kind of outcome to be possible. JL flopped. Before JL, while the usual suspects of 300-ish bloggers and journalists lambasted the DCEU, it still made bank... Now it's a different story. WB would be smart to play this card and hand over the universe to Ben. I just hope it's true and if it is, I hope the contract is airtight and has absolutely no loopholes for WB to pull some shady crap. I don't trust them after the circus that was JL."

Honestly, with the way things are at WB, this wouldn't surprise me one bit. Affleck seems to be their golden boy anyway.

Last edited by EyesOnly; 12-20-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #769
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Madness... pure ****ing madness.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 12-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #770
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Keep him on to direct, let someone else take the mantle.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #771
Sawyer
High King

Affleck was arguably the face of both BVS and JL, both movies that should've been absolute smashes, but instead were critically **** on and took a hit at the box office because of it. I don't see why WB would want him back.

Affleck dropped out from directing and has been super coy about whether he'd even be starring in the solo Batman, and this was even BEFORE Justice League, and we've seen how that panned out. I don't see why Affleck would want to go back.

I'm not buying anything that says he's still on board.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 12-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #772
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Ben Afflake

Old 12-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #773
LaughterLives
Banned User

God! Just drop the guy. He's awful. Put him in more comedies and keep him far and away from this stuff altogether.

WB can do better. Keeping Affleck on is like saying they can't. It's so sad.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #774
EyesOnly
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Ben Afflake
Hahahahaha

Old 12-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #775
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughterLives View Post
God! Just drop the guy. He's awful. Put him in more comedies and keep him far and away from this stuff altogether.

WB can do better. Keeping Affleck on is like saying they can't. It's so sad.
Yeah, and since Reeve is rumored to be looking for other younger actors it'll be a true mess if they keep Affleck around for Flashpoint or some other nonsense.

Closed Thread