The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Fiction & Films

Old 08-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #326
BloodyWolverine
Banned User

Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Well i am in a place where not sure if i wanna book write or write stuff for like scripts or movies. I have been dabbling with writing and have had many ideas just not sure how to write it screen play for mat is it like a book only shorter. Funny thing is i imagine what i write like it is real. I find music helps me imagine how it would look in real life. Its a hobby but wish could write something never been written before but its quite hard to do.

BloodyWolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #327
Doctor Jones
No One

If you want to learn to write a screenplay, just go look at some scripts. They're a load of script websites. And there's some lessons on how to write them.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #328
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

I'm writing a horror story called No Room In Hell.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #329
BloodyWolverine
Banned User

I am currently working on a Story Called The Silver Ax. Kinda in the spirit of Lord Of The Rings meets Dungeons and Dragons but not in it being as bad as D/D the movie but more like the game.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #330
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

^^ Wow, sounds cool!

No Room In Hell is something I'm trying to kep a bit of a secret of right now, but I will say that it's been a year in the making. I originally started it last october, but closed the door on it for 2 Spider-Man stories. One of the Spidey stories was great, while the other was only have finished, but I gave up on that one in June. Then, I opened the doors on my No Room In Hell story and erased the opening and started form scratch with it. The only thing kept the same was the title and what the film involves.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #331
catintheengine
Registered Rhymnicologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
If you want to learn to write a screenplay, just go look at some scripts. They're a load of script websites. And there's some lessons on how to write them.
I'd also highly recommend the book The Hollywood Standard by Christopher Riley. Very, very useful and unless I'm mistaken, there's a new edition out pretty soon. I haven't found a single book that's better for screenwriting format. I plan on picking it up as soon as I'm back on my feet financially.

Also, there's a free program out there for download called Celtx, that will do a lot of formatting for you. Not a bad thing to have until you can afford to pick up a copy of Final Draft.

As far as screenwriting theory goes: Screenwriting for Dummies. I know that being a "for Dummies" book will probably turn people away, as it did me at first, but honestly - it's been a great resource.

catintheengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #332
jaymes_e06
Banned User

I've been trying to wright a screenplay for the past 3 years and I'm just to much of a perfectionist and I wright slow because of that somewhat also I have so many ideas in my head I find it hard to write down cohessively. Anyone got any tips?

jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #333
The Apatow Crew
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I've been trying to wright a screenplay for the past 3 years and I'm just to much of a perfectionist and I wright slow because of that somewhat also I have so many ideas in my head I find it hard to write down cohesively. Anyone got any tips?
As for the having too many ideas just do what I do.

Just write down what you have so far about the movie. Whether it be a idea or even just a name. And work off that list one by one. Make little notepads on your computer like I do.

And I just pick one from the list if i'm not already working on something and go from there. If you have alot of ideas just write them down and get back to them later when you have free time for them.

The Apatow Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #334
jaymes_e06
Banned User

Thankyou very much TAC. That actually made a bunch of sense to me. I'll try that the next time I have an idea. Thanks again.

jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #335
BloodyWolverine
Banned User

My problem is i have tons of ideas but lack the education and proper grammer too be really good at writing but i will always i think try and write something. My problem is work on one idea and then another story comes floating in and takes over my thinking and loose intrist in my previous idea.

The thing is a while back had an idea for a futuristic movie where Agents and Aliens alike look for this Doctor who is the worlds greatest tech inventor. He can take like a some marbles and make tiny bombs out of them. He has like a bionic eye and a robotic leg and a replaced spine from an accident he suffer when the alien human war started. Some consider him a threat too national security so see him as a mad genieus that could save the world. I come with ideas like that all the time and ever fictonized genre a person can think of. Shoot i would gladly co write with someone who's better then myself just so my idea is foreseen .

Two Months ago had another idea for a banished half human half Angel who has the personality of Hellboy but the unexepcting strength of Superman but has a nasty streak like Punisher. He was suppose to find this pregnant girl for the church who was a unawakened she wolf and kill her and the baby but God told him not too so he told the pope to go sit in boiling acid and then became hunted by the church and Lucifer's dark agents for the child inside her was a demon that could be evil or good depending on if the mother became a were wolf before or after birth. For werewolves in my story were guardians of Eden and favored by god and despised by Luicfer because a werewolf has the mental power to resist all temptations of sin.

Last edited by BloodyWolverine; 08-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #336
Doctor Jones
No One

Happens to all creative thinkers. They're more of phases really. This really small cool idea you think about for a few days and then move to something else. Happens to me all the time.

I'm debating whether to continue to write my outline for a detective orientated Batman script called Batman Asylum or write a pilot for the tv series I came up with.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #337
Cunning Stunts

I'd write the pilot. More possibilities there.

I'm stuck too... I've been working on outlines for my graphic novels, but I'm at such a standstill, I'm trying to write the script up and just add/subtract what I know I want put in/taken out from there. I just feel like I have writer's block though.

Cunning Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #338
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyWolverine View Post
My problem is i have tons of ideas but lack the education and proper grammer too be really good at writing but i will always i think try and write something. My problem is work on one idea and then another story comes floating in and takes over my thinking and loose intrist in my previous idea.

The thing is a while back had an idea for a futuristic movie where Agents and Aliens alike look for this Doctor who is the worlds greatest tech inventor. He can take like a some marbles and make tiny bombs out of them. He has like a bionic eye and a robotic leg and a replaced spine from an accident he suffer when the alien human war started. Some consider him a threat too national security so see him as a mad genieus that could save the world. I come with ideas like that all the time and ever fictonized genre a person can think of. Shoot i would gladly co write with someone who's better then myself just so my idea is foreseen .

Two Months ago had another idea for a banished half human half Angel who has the personality of Hellboy but the unexepcting strength of Superman but has a nasty streak like Punisher. He was suppose to find this pregnant girl for the church who was a unawakened she wolf and kill her and the baby but God told him not too so he told the pope to go sit in boiling acid and then became hunted by the church and Lucifer's dark agents for the child inside her was a demon that could be evil or good depending on if the mother became a were wolf before or after birth. For werewolves in my story were guardians of Eden and favored by god and despised by Luicfer because a werewolf has the mental power to resist all temptations of sin.
There's plenty of editors out there, man. There's plenty of us here (I've edited a lot of works by my friends), but I think it'd be a better idea to get a close friend to edit it instead, since you don't know who you can trust, especially over the internet.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #339
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I've been trying to wright a screenplay for the past 3 years and I'm just to much of a perfectionist and I wright slow because of that somewhat also I have so many ideas in my head I find it hard to write down cohessively. Anyone got any tips?
Start up with character analysis, and their roles in the overall/side plot(s), perhaps writing detailed backgrounds and the like. That usually gives you plenty of ground to start with because, unknowingly, you'll wind up writing out half your plot through your characters.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #340
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Is anyone interested in reading my short film script? I'm looking for some more feedback on it.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #341
Cunning Stunts

How long is it?

I've got reading problems, so if it's a real long one, it'd likely take me a very long time to read it.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #342
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
How long is it?

I've got reading problems, so if it's a real long one, it'd likely take me a very long time to read it.
16 pages.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #343
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I'll read a bit of it.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #344
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Just pm me your email address if you want to read it. It's a .pdf file.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #345
Cmill216
Senior Case Officer

You can upload the PDF to something like Send Space and PM it. I'd like to read it.

On a side note, I've got two weeks to finish my feature script before I begin this year-long feature workshop. Gotta hammer it out.

Cmill216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #346
Doctor Jones
No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
I'd write the pilot. More possibilities there.

I'm stuck too... I've been working on outlines for my graphic novels, but I'm at such a standstill, I'm trying to write the script up and just add/subtract what I know I want put in/taken out from there. I just feel like I have writer's block though.
The problem is, I love writing something I'm passionate about. And Batman is one of those things. It'll hold my interest more. Usually when I come up with something original, it's hard for me to get into. I tired to write an original script last night and then I lost interest.

But the pilot is something that does interest me. I just have to get more ideas. Right now they're just scenes and character moments. Particularly one character.

And I'm thinking of writing a post nuclear zombie apocalypse script. Nukes hits the earth while infecting most people so it's basically the same kind of world as TS but with zombies. I like the idea of a post nuclear wasteland featuring zombies and survivors gathering everything they can to survive.

Yeah, I get that feeling. I have a great idea, but I don't even feel like writing it down or if I do I don't know what the hell to actually write.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #347
Cunning Stunts

I'm actually the opposite, to be honest. Maybe once you get deep into the actual script writing, you'll be more interested? I had a hard time actually figuring out how to start my original script I'm working on now, but I finally just sat down and wrote whatever came out, and now I can't go to work every day so I can skip actually doing work, and listen to music while I write my comic out instead.

Give that a shot?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #348
The Apatow Crew
Banned User

Okay I'm gonna ask something here to everyone in this thread.

Any good Story boarders here?

I am looking for someone who could story board about 7 pages of a movie script of mine. Cause I wanna shoot the start of the movie. And then use it basically almost as a teaser and a way to show investors what it be like and if their willing to put money into it to make a full feature length film.

But anyway back to the thing at hand. I mean I would of course send you the 7 pages of the script and then you could give me details on what you think would look good and what could either be worked upon or taken out.

And please only serious people about this.

The Apatow Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #349
Cmill216
Senior Case Officer

So I'm hunkering myself down like I'm in a script bunker and churning my comedy out. It's kind of exciting, because I feel like I've got a deadline at a studio I'm trying to meet.

The cool thing is, the motivation to get this done has really sparked my creativity, and I'm pushing forward at a really solid rate. I'm pretty giddy right now.

Cmill216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 AM   #350
SapphirePrima
Side-Kick

Hey what do you guys use to write your scripts/screenplays? I currently have Celtx but I think Word is easier to use.

Is it worth to save up and buy Final Draft?

SapphirePrima is offline   Reply With Quote