The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #10226
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick
 
redfirebird2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,639
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx View Post
*prepares hype! Politico thunderdome*

this round...ocramed vs...well, everyone else.

*let the decent into sarah palin thread 2.0 begin*
lol.

redfirebird2008 is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #10227
Ocramed
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 175
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
She's anything but classy. Anyone who shoots live animals from a plane for fun or married a man who believes the United States is inferior is not what I would classify as a person in good taste. And the words I used to describe her come from Republican strategists who worked for her. Palin's family is the Alaskan equivalent of the Clampets, with a snowmobile and downright awful names thrown in the mix. Moreover, this shotgun wedding between the sexy Levi Johnston and Bristol "Abstinence-Only Education worked for me!" Palin further proves this is a disorganized clan of tundra hillbillies.
"Hunting for fun"? What is your source that indicates that Sarah Palin advocates "hunting for fun" from an airplane, or did you just make this up because you feel bad for the wolves...who have been eating the game that the Palins actually EAT for food? And by the way, what's worse: being married to a Secessionist, or a politician ignoring Federal law by proclaiming a city as a "sanctuary city", which has resulted in several MURDERS caused by illeagal aliens who aren't being turned over to the Feds, even after commiting battery. And your bigotry is sad and pathetically short sighted. It is people like the Palins who built this country, right or wrong, not the burgeosie like US who worry about what other countries think about us. I may not have like Sarah Palin's politics, but stooping to use personal attacks on a family, is, well, wussy.

O.

Ocramed is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #10228
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick
 
redfirebird2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,639
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocramed View Post
I think you misunderstood my POINT. The person who started this thread was taking issue of Palin's character because of her PERSONAL life. I felt offended in the same way when the Republicans wrongly, in my opinion, impeached Clinton for getting a BJ. I felt that had NOTHING to do with public policy, and felt that the matter should have been dropped from the get-go. Obama's association, as underhanded as they are, was legitimately scrutinized in the context on the "War on Terrorism". Ayers has had a history of being anti-American, as was Rev. Wright. And both, after 9/11, concluded that it was America's fault that the terrorist attacks on the WTC occured (you know, "Chickens are coming home to roost" comment?). That, to me, deals with the crux of Obama's political philosophy: will Obama be aggressive against Islamic extremism in the world? How much influence do these men have on Obama, since they were responsible for much of his early political career in the Chicago area.

Ultimately, I voted for Obama because McCain's performance after Obama got the nomination. One of the defining moments for me was when I learned McCain had picked Sarah Palin as his running mate AFTER TWO MEETINGS. That shows a lack of character on McCain's part (ie. shooting from the hip), whereas Obama took the time to deliberate his decisions during the campaign. And after eight years of Bush II simply being "the Decider", for once, I want a president whom I can call "The Thinker". As for Sarah Palin, not once did she attack Obama's personal life. Hell, you read Obama's books, and you can easily pick out some events in his life that are queationable (such as the time when he was going through his "anti-white" phase). So, on the merits of the issue and performance, not on Palin's personal life (which the Media attacked BEFORE Palin opened her mouth on issues to Gibson and Couric), I felt that the McCain campaign was not worthy of winning the US Presidency. Hence, I gave my vote to Obama.

And call me "old school", but I don't find it manly for a man to attack woman because of her "family drama". It just seems so...wussy to me. But that's just my opinion.

O.
It's not "stately" or "classy" of a Governor to imply that a fellow government official is a terrorist. I don't recall Obama or Biden ever asking questions about her connection to the AIP during their speeches. The AIP is anti-American just as much as William Ayers or Reverend Wright. And Palin practically endorsed them at their 2008 convention by speaking to them while her husband is a former member. There was nothing classy about her comments and I am sure she feels ashamed of them now that he's about to be the President. She sure changed her tune pretty quickly once he won the election. The day before the election, he's too dangerous for the country and likely a terrorist. The day after the election, suddenly she wants to play nice and be respectful of the office he will hold? Please. Classy, I think not.

redfirebird2008 is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #10229
jaguarr
Be Your Own Hero
 
jaguarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In The Moment
Posts: 43,577
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Oh, I get it. It's the "Leave Britney...er...Sarah alone!!!!!" argument.

jag

__________________
Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

A VERY Basic Primer To Bodybuilding, Weight Training & Fitnesss
(2nd Edition, New And Improved!)
jaguarr is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #10230
Ocramed
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 175
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
Oh please.

A politician's private life deserves to be called into question. It especially deserves to be called into question when the politician at hand had less than twenty months worth of experience before being thrust into the national spotlight. Even more so, it deserves to be called into question the same exact politician dared to push for abstinence only education (which didn't work on her daughter), dared to criticize Barack Obama for his shady connections (when she is married to a secessionist and actively sought the AIP's endorsement in 2006), and governed a state with the biggest drug and rape problem, percentage-wise (after having forced rape victims to pay for treatment which most other states pay for).

Also, this isn't an issue of manhood, so don't even go there or you will open something you will gladly wish you didn't.
Then you are a hypocrite. On one hand, you said that Obama having his associations scrutinized was wrong, but have no problem using Palin's "association" with her family as a reason to denounce Palin. Be consistent.

However, I will give you this: the fact that you mentioned Alaska's criminal record, and Palin's stance on rape treatment IS a legitimate issue for debate. Why? Because it is in the area of public policy, based upon Palin's actions and decision-making. That other nonsense regarding Bristol's pregnancy, etc. as the sole deteminer of Palin's qualifications is really, really lame. It doesn't show any thoughtfulness whatsoever, which is SO like being "Dubya". You can be a better person than that. Or not. Your CHOICE.

O.

Ocramed is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #10231
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocramed View Post
"Hunting for fun"? What is your source that indicates that Sarah Palin advocates "hunting for fun" from an airplane, or did you just make this up because you feel bad for the wolves...who have been eating the game that the Palins actually EAT for food? And by the way, what's worse: being married to a Secessionist, or a politician ignoring Federal law by proclaiming a city as a "sanctuary city", which has resulted in several MURDERS caused by illeagal aliens who aren't being turned over to the Feds, even after commiting battery. And your bigotry is sad and pathetically short sighted. It is people like the Palins who built this country, right or wrong, not the burgeosie like US who worry about what other countries think about us. I may not have like Sarah Palin's politics, but stooping to use personal attacks on a family, is, well, wussy.

O.
Actually, the well-to-do DID build this country. Last time I checked, none of the founding fathers were from the backwoods; they were financially successful businessmen, lawyers and scholars who knew what they were doing. Even Andrew Jackson, who is widely regarded as the first "laymen" elected to office, was an intellectual-- though he had a different worldview than most. The smartest men in the room have helped build this country; the most these "ordinary hill folk" can claim to have done is vote, and that truly doesn't even matter because in the end, the membership of each governmental institution in this country is decided by the elite. Moreover, Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison and pretty much every single president through Lincoln cared a great deal what the international community thought about us, considering we were a rising nation with very little credibility abroad. Even today, it matters what other countries think, because they contribute to our economic well-being and national security.

But hey, Sarah Palin went to several colleges before she was able to successfully complete a college degree. And it wasn't out of hesitance or the inability to decide on a major; it was due to her own stupidity and inability to place herself in an intellectual setting. Then she married a SECESSIONIST, which, no matter how you spin it, is morally questionable at best. A woman who has been married to someone who feels the United States is inferior should not be in a position to lead this country; after all, if Barack Obama can apparently be influenced by domestic terrorists, I highly doubt Sarah Palin can govern without being influenced by the person she sleeps with every night. Never mind that the strategies she used in raising her children DIDN'T WORK, though she wants to force her opinions on all of us.

Moreover, I didn't know that having a penis meant that I can't criticize a woman for how she has been raising her kids or who she decides to associate with. I also didn't know that said penis was an instrument which automatically disqualified me from having an opinion on how a political family should conduct itself, especially if it wants to become the First or Second family.

The Senator is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #10232
jaguarr
Be Your Own Hero
 
jaguarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In The Moment
Posts: 43,577
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

If Sarah Palin didn't want people to talk about her family then she never should have made them such a big part of her campaign and thrust them out on the stage at the RNC Convention with her, even calling them out by name at that event. And, she never should have let Todd Palin play such an involved role in her governing of Alaska when he is not an elected official, copying him on emails concerning state affairs and sending him on trips and including him in meetings involving state business. And when the policies she pushes and wishes to legislate are demonstrated ineffective by her own DAUGHTER, then it also becomes a topic of public discussion because it demonstrates what poor judgment she has as a leader.

jag

__________________
Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

A VERY Basic Primer To Bodybuilding, Weight Training & Fitnesss
(2nd Edition, New And Improved!)
jaguarr is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #10233
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocramed View Post
Then you are a hypocrite. On one hand, you said that Obama having his associations scrutinized was wrong, but have no problem using Palin's "association" with her family as a reason to denounce Palin. Be consistent.

However, I will give you this: the fact that you mentioned Alaska's criminal record, and Palin's stance on rape treatment IS a legitimate issue for debate. Why? Because it is in the area of public policy, based upon Palin's actions and decision-making. That other nonsense regarding Bristol's pregnancy, etc. as the sole deteminer of Palin's qualifications is really, really lame. It doesn't show any thoughtfulness whatsoever, which is SO like being "Dubya". You can be a better person than that. Or not. Your CHOICE.

O.
If Barack Obama's daughters were pregnant at the age of seventeen and hanging around drug abusers, I would criticize him as well. And if anyone in his family was a radical, then I would criticize them... but that isn't the situation, is it?

The Senator is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #10234
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarr View Post
If Sarah Palin didn't want people to talk about her family then she never should have made them such a big part of her campaign and thrust them out on the stage at the RNC Convention with her, even calling them out by name at that event. And, she never should have let Todd Palin play such an involved role in her governing of Alaska when he is not an elected official, copying him on emails concerning state affairs and sending him on trips and including him in meetings involving state business. And when the policies she pushes and wishes to legislate are demonstrated ineffective by her own DAUGHTER, then it also becomes a topic of public discussion because it demonstrates what poor judgment she has as a leader.

jag
Exactly. Palin wanted the media to fall in love with her down-syndrome baby and her oldest son, who was deployed to Iraq. But she DIDN'T want the media to focus on her daughter's unwanted pregnancy and shotgun engagement. She can't have it both ways; if the media is supposed to focus on her disabled and heroic sons, then her screw-up daughter is fair game as well.

The Senator is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #10235
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick
 
redfirebird2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,639
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
If Barack Obama's daughters were pregnant at the age of seventeen and hanging around drug abusers, I would criticize him as well. And if anyone in his family was a radical, then I would criticize them... but that isn't the situation, is it?
Apparently his wife is a "radical" because of how proud she was during the campaign.

redfirebird2008 is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #10236
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick
 
redfirebird2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,639
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
Exactly. Palin wanted the media to fall in love with her down-syndrome baby and her oldest son, who was deployed to Iraq. But she DIDN'T want the media to focus on her daughter's unwanted pregnancy and shotgun engagement. She can't have it both ways; if the media is supposed to focus on her disabled and heroic sons, then her screw-up daughter is fair game as well.
And she didn't want to focus on WHY her son was going to Iraq. He got busted vandalizing a school bus and was told either serve time in jail or join the military.

redfirebird2008 is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #10237
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: More Misadventures from the Meth Capital of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarr View Post
Oh, I get it. It's the "Leave Britney...er...Sarah alone!!!!!" argument.

jag

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.