The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Should same-sex marriage be legalized?
Yes 310 68.58%
No 142 31.42%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 10:35 PM   #51
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
oh, but it does, unless you just disreguarded my whole point and quoted me for no reason
"I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."


state laws SHOULD superceed federal laws, that's as it should be.


--Tenth Amendment

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:35 PM   #52
Alf
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Hodge Podge Lodge.
Posts: 4,976
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
"That's how I see it, so I'm not exactly sure what to think. " awww, Alf can't read.
NO!
l'm asking a question l don't know the answer to...
but l cant think of the one word l need, so its not making sense...

l'll try to figure out what l'm asking, and ask later...

Alf is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:35 PM   #53
kritic
Banned User
 
kritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In this apartment
Posts: 32,730
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloody Mary
in the future everyone will be gay, i had a dream

Vagina will replace testicles and penisses will replace the clitoris.

kritic is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #54
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
"I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."


state laws SHOULD superceed federal laws, that's as it should be.
No, then there's no need for the federal government. I know you believe in chaos and all that crap, but this is complete trash. Idiots like this would probably cause another civil war. They make amendments for a reason, the world isn't how it was.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.

Last edited by Emilio's Mom; 02-05-2004 at 10:37 PM.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #55
Dew k. Mosi
Hype Award Winner
SHH! Administrator
 
Dew k. Mosi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: On the Edge of Glory
Posts: 64,509
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Magnus Lehnsherr
Because I don't think it's right for two guys to be married. Who's the wife and who's the husband? Bride and Groom?

I've never been really fond of homosexuality in the first place, so I guess I wouldn't be happy if they were married. I just think it's wrong.
Why isn't it right?
What does it matter who is the bride or groom?
Why would someone else's happiness make you unhappy? Are you that insecure?

__________________
Innocence alone is not enough. It is only when a person's innocence is tested by experience, purged and strengthened by the struggles and sufferings of the world that it attains its full value.--- Longshot

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get.... But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen.--- Conan O'Brien.
Dew k. Mosi is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:37 PM   #56
kritic
Banned User
 
kritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In this apartment
Posts: 32,730
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloody Mary
huh?
We will all essentially be the same.

kritic is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #57
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
No, then there's no need for the federal government. I know you believe in chaos and all that crap, but this is complete trash. Idiots like this would probably cause another civil war.
You said the Constitution is something these judges have never heard of... it looks like you don't know much about it either.

I don't believe in chaos, I don't know where you got that.

The federal government should only have those powers given to it in the Constitution and given to it by the states... in other words, it should only be able to do what the states let it do. That's not the way it is, and that's what causes problems like this legalize gay marriage thing.

If the Federal government paid attention to the Constitution there would be no need to legalize gay marriage or any marriage.

Also, if the federal government had paid attention to the Constitution and the intentions of the founding fathers, there wouldn't have been a Civil War.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #58
Erik Magnus Lehnsherr
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Reading "The Dead Zone"
Posts: 4,621
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dew k. Mosi
Why isn't it right?
What does it matter who is the bride or groom?
Why would someone else's happiness make you unhappy? Are you that insecure?
I don't see why I have to answer to you.

Homosexuality is not right, IMO. That's all there is to it.

Erik Magnus Lehnsherr is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:43 PM   #59
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
You said the Constitution is something these judges have never heard of... it looks like you don't know much about it either.

I don't believe in chaos, I don't know where you got that.
probably because it's all you ever say, smart guy

Quote:
The federal government should only have those powers given to it in the Constitution and given to it by the states... in other words, it should only be able to do what the states let it do. That's not the way it is, and that's what causes problems like this legalize gay marriage thing.

If the Federal government paid attention to the Constitution there would be no need to legalize gay marriage or any marriage.

Also, if the federal government had paid attention to the Constitution and the intentions of the founding fathers, there wouldn't have been a Civil War.
I know the law and you've strayed from my original comment.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:45 PM   #60
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
probably because it's all you ever say, smart guy
for example...?

Quote:
I know the law and you've strayed from my original comment.
if you knew the law, you wouldn't have said this "I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."

...your original comment

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:47 PM   #61
Dew k. Mosi
Hype Award Winner
SHH! Administrator
 
Dew k. Mosi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: On the Edge of Glory
Posts: 64,509
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Magnus Lehnsherr
I don't see why I have to answer to you.

Homosexuality is not right, IMO. That's all there is to it.
you've just proven my point. If you don't have to answer to me, why does anyone have to answer to you?

__________________
Innocence alone is not enough. It is only when a person's innocence is tested by experience, purged and strengthened by the struggles and sufferings of the world that it attains its full value.--- Longshot

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get.... But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen.--- Conan O'Brien.
Dew k. Mosi is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #62
Movies205
Corporate Money
 
Movies205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,512
Default

Same Sex Marriages, I think it's fine. I'd hate to go through life alone, as for them having children that's much more complicated

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh, also, for all the **** he takes, Movies205 has one of the most brilliant minds when it comes to film that I have ever encountered.
Movies205 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #63
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,712
Default

I love how Dictator Bush says courts "Force their arbitrary will on people"

Last I checked the courts weren't saying "ALL PEOPLE MUST BE GAY!"

Matt is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #64
Slipknot
Side-Kick
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 12,801
Default

If there going to legalize gay marriages then do it for every state... not just particular ones, I hate that because the state that allows gay maariages becomes invaded by homosexual people... atleast if they legalize it everywhere it would be a lot more spread out.

__________________
Carved by the wind
And the fall of water
From the treetops
I can see the end of a time
Slipknot is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:50 PM   #65
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
for example...?
look in almost all of the political threads you've posted in



Quote:
if you knew the law, you wouldn't have said this "I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."

...your original comment
Yes, because I'm sick of "hot shot" judges, I believe I already made that comment.

Ages of consent are a good example of what I'm talking about.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:52 PM   #66
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
look in almost all of the political threads you've posted in


Guess you can't come up with example, then.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #67
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure
 
Spider-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,072
Default

and back on topic.......I'm yet to hear a good answer other than a childish "just because."

__________________
Ya Love Me, Ya Hate Me, You'll NEVER Forget Me!
Spider-Nerd is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #68
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,712
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Slipknot
If there going to legalize gay marriages then do it for every state... not just particular ones, I hate that because the state that allows gay maariages becomes invaded by homosexual people... atleast if they legalize it everywhere it would be a lot more spread out.
Gays are allowed to get married in Massachusettes and then return to their home state and sue for recognition and there is pretty much not a damn thing their home state can do about it if the license is from Massachusettes...they have to accept it.

Matt is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:54 PM   #69
Hooligan32
Banned User
 
Hooligan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Corporotica
Posts: 8,695
Default

Ofcourse gay people should be allowed to be married. Why the hell is this even an issue?

Hooligan32 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:55 PM   #70
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure
 
Spider-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,072
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooligan32
Ofcourse gay people should be allowed to be married. Why the hell is this even an issue?

__________________
Ya Love Me, Ya Hate Me, You'll NEVER Forget Me!
Spider-Nerd is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #71
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooligan32
Ofcourse gay people should be allowed to be married. Why the hell is this even an issue?
People like to listen to a dated story book.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #72
Movies205
Corporate Money
 
Movies205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,512
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooligan32
Ofcourse gay people should be allowed to be married. Why the hell is this even an issue?
Because people have trouble opening there minds Some people have been told one thing for so long, that it's hard for them to accept the complete opposite, does that answer your question

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh, also, for all the **** he takes, Movies205 has one of the most brilliant minds when it comes to film that I have ever encountered.
Movies205 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #73
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
Guess you can't come up with example, then.
No, that means your lazy and have a horrible memory.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #74
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,712
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
People like to listen to a dated story book.
Ya know what...I'm a catholic, and I'm still going to take this shot cuz you walked right into it.

The only reason you are opposed to gay marriage is because of the bible...hmm...and you talk of dated story books?

Matt is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #75
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
No, that means your lazy and have a horrible memory.

No, it just means you said something wrong so you can't back it up.

Lackey is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.