The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Should same-sex marriage be legalized?
Yes 310 68.58%
No 142 31.42%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #76
Slipknot
Side-Kick
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 12,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
Gays are allowed to get married in Massachusettes and then return to their home state and sue for recognition and there is pretty much not a damn thing their home state can do about it if the license is from Massachusettes...they have to accept it.
Oh... thats pretty good then, but homosexuals seem to go to the states that legalize gay marriages and stay there more than stay in the states that dont legalize it. I know there is a bunch of homosexual people up in Vermont because they legalized it... but yeah they should just legalize it everywhere.

__________________
Carved by the wind
And the fall of water
From the treetops
I can see the end of a time
Slipknot is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 10:59 PM   #77
Movies205
Corporate Money
 
Movies205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,512
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
Ya know what...I'm a catholic, and I'm still going to take this shot cuz you walked right into it.

The only reason you are opposed to gay marriage is because of the bible...hmm...and you talk of dated story books?
Bible on some points is quite universal, on others like this it is quite dated

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh, also, for all the **** he takes, Movies205 has one of the most brilliant minds when it comes to film that I have ever encountered.
Movies205 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #78
Alf
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Hodge Podge Lodge.
Posts: 4,976
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
Ya know what...I'm a catholic, and I'm still going to take this shot cuz you walked right into it.

The only reason you are opposed to gay marriage is because of the bible...hmm...and you talk of dated story books?
l think (s)he's not against it, but (s)hes saying thats why some people are...

Alf is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #79
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,837
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Slipknot
Oh... thats pretty good then, but homosexuals seem to go to the states that legalize gay marriages and stay there more than stay in the states that dont legalize it. I know there is a bunch of homosexual people up in Vermont because they legalized it... but yeah they should just legalize it everywhere.
I agree completely...the federal government is in no position at all to tell people who they can and cannot marry...I don't even know how the supreme court could consider it close to constitutional to do that....That is boarderline totalitarianism.

Matt is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #80
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
Ya know what...I'm a catholic, and I'm still going to take this shot cuz you walked right into it.

The only reason you are opposed to gay marriage is because of the bible...hmm...and you talk of dated story books?
what the hell are you talking about?

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #81
Hooligan32
Banned User
 
Hooligan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Corporotica
Posts: 8,695
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Movies205
Because people have trouble opening there minds Some people have been told one thing for so long, that it's hard for them to accept the complete opposite, does that answer your question
Well I'm sure that those who are reasonable outweigh those who are nit-wits, so why isn't something being done about it. I think it's a crime that people can't be married in your country because of their sexual preferences. You might as well not let them vote either.

Hooligan32 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #82
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
No, it just means you said something wrong so you can't back it up.
No, or else I would've said nothing at all.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #83
twylight
One And Only
 
twylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The twylight zone...
Posts: 26,099
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Movies205
Bible on some points is quite universal, on others like this it is quite dated
Such as Salvation for sinners.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1
twy knows in the first five minutes whether she's going to marry you, bed you, or just be friends.
twylight is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 PM   #84
Movies205
Corporate Money
 
Movies205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,512
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooligan32
Well I'm sure that those who are reasonable outweigh those who are nit-wits, so why isn't something being done about it. I think it's a crime that people can't be married in your country because of their sexual preferences. You might as well not let them vote either.
Well there were a very small number in the Nazi party in germany, yet WW2 still happened Sorry to break this to you but people like to go with the flow, rather go against it

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh, also, for all the **** he takes, Movies205 has one of the most brilliant minds when it comes to film that I have ever encountered.
Movies205 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:04 PM   #85
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
No, or else I would've said nothing at all.

yeah, sure... you can back it up and that's why you said it.

and that's why you did back it up, right?

You don't even want to give an example because you're wrong.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:06 PM   #86
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
yeah, sure... you can back it up and that's why you said it.

and that's why you did back it up, right?

You don't even want to give an example because you're wrong.
Yea, that must be why I said what I did. You know I'm right.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:08 PM   #87
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
Yea, that must be why I said what I did. You know I'm right.

Oh please, the burden of proof is on you since you made the statement.


I can't prove that I didn't say something here short of quoting every single post I've ever made here.


But I understand, it's hard to admit when you're wrong.

You just keep telling yourself your right, even with no proof, and maybe you'll convince a few other people.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:09 PM   #88
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
Oh please, the burden of proof is on you since you made the statement.


I can't prove that I didn't say something here short of quoting every single post I've ever made here.


But I understand, it's hard to admit when you're wrong.

You just keep telling yourself your right, even with no proof, and maybe you'll convince a few other people.
What are you on? I said to check pretty much every political thread you go into. Especially the ones involving just the government, like discussions about how they're conducting things. "
I can't prove that I didn't say something here short of quoting every single post I've ever made here."bingo

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:10 PM   #89
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
I agree completely...the federal government is in no position at all to tell people who they can and cannot marry...I don't even know how the supreme court could consider it close to constitutional to do that....That is boarderline totalitarianism.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:12 PM   #90
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
What are you on? I said to check pretty much every political thread you go into. Especially the ones involving just the government, like discussions about how they're conducting things. "
I can't prove that I didn't say something here short of quoting every single post I've ever made here."bingo

Yeah, and I have no problem remembering I never said "I believe in chaos" or anything related to that.

The burden of proof is on you. Guess you don't understand how that works.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:13 PM   #91
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
Yeah, and I have no problem remembering I never said "I believe in chaos" or anything related to that.

The burden of proof is on you. Guess you don't understand how that works.
You're in denial, you're ignoring the proof that I did give. The evidence is plentiful, you're the one trying to prove that you didn't say that. That's just not true.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:19 PM   #92
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
You're in denial, you're ignoring the proof that I did give. The evidence is plentiful, you're the one trying to prove that you didn't say that. That's just not true.

Ok, well I didn't want to bring this up but you've forced me to... you said you were a commie and anti-capitalist in practically every political thread you've posted in.
Don't try to deny that it's true, the evidence is plentiful.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #93
Movies205
Corporate Money
 
Movies205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,512
Default

You've turned one potential page of intelligence and debating into childlike gibberish GOOD JOB!!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh, also, for all the **** he takes, Movies205 has one of the most brilliant minds when it comes to film that I have ever encountered.
Movies205 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #94
Alf
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Hodge Podge Lodge.
Posts: 4,976
Default

Lackey
Emilio's Mom
Lackey
Emilio's Mom
Lackey
Emilio's Mom
back and forth, so annoying

Alf is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #95
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
Ok, well I didn't want to bring this up but you've forced me to... you said you were a commie and anti-capitalist in practically every political thread you've posted in.
Don't try to deny that it's true, the evidence is plentiful.
You know I'm right and that's what's funny. Maybe sometime this week, I'll go through some of your posts.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #96
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

I'm sorry... I'll go punish myself.

Lackey is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #97
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Alf
Lackey
Emilio's Mom
Lackey
Emilio's Mom
Lackey
Emilio's Mom
back and forth, so annoying
I love you.

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #98
Emilio's Mom
Side-Kick
 
Emilio's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fraggle Rock
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Movies205
You've turned one potential page of intelligence and debating into childlike gibberish GOOD JOB!!!
I AM VICTORIOUS!

__________________
Stop playing with that truck and get out of the street, Emilio.
Carrot Top is ripped, c'est vrai.
Emilio's Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:23 PM   #99
Movies205
Corporate Money
 
Movies205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,512
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lackey
I'm sorry... I'll go punish myself.
Take Emilio's Mom out back and shoot him in the foot, and chain him to the floor, then shoot both his hands off, and let him bleed to death. Then come back because you're cool

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh, also, for all the **** he takes, Movies205 has one of the most brilliant minds when it comes to film that I have ever encountered.
Movies205 is offline  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:23 PM   #100
Lackey
Banned User
 
Lackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 26,801
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
You know I'm right and that's what's funny. Maybe sometime this week, I'll go through some of your posts.

I'm right too... about you saying your a commie anti-capitalist.

maybe I'll go through some of your posts this week too.

Lackey is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.