The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #26
GuardianofOa
Side-Kick
 
GuardianofOa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oa
Posts: 1,607
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Yes, I do.

__________________
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf
Worst part is, it's editing old women jibba jabbin about the old days.

Originally Posted by SuperFerret
Girls should never have saggy man boobs.
GuardianofOa is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #27
terry78
Will you shut up?!
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 75,042
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

I think a lot of people are honestly uncomfortable with it, but there is a difference between ignorance on the lifestyle and just blatantly spewing hatred about it. My mom is not a fan of the homosexual lifestyle, yet in the same breath she says they can do what they want.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #28
Fledermaus
Side-Kick
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Planet Motherf**ker
Posts: 8,913
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

I've got some friends who are VERY homophobic. They turn their head if a guy kisses a guy on a movie. They won't even attempt to watch Jackass or Wildboyz. It's just a f#cking show.

__________________

"The Lord provides, there may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can get a piece whenever they feel like."

- Dennis



Fledermaus is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #29
kainedamo
Banned User
 
kainedamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Belfast
Posts: 9,719
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Yeah I completely agree Fanticon.

Guys like that are beyond bigots... they're living in another ****ing reality, they're ****ing weirdos.

You can sort of divide bigots into different groups. One group would be guys that feel uncomfortable around gay people, have a few opinions about how they shouldn't have kids and that kind of thing, but can generally get along ok with it, they don't take it too far. Then you got guys that absolutely possitively cannot handle homosexuality in any context. Its ridiculous. Its freaky how serious they can be about it.

One example is when I was younger, about 17, I was out with this friend just hitting different bars. We saw a group of guys on a dancefloor making complete tits out of themselves, doing all these funny dances, obviously very drunk. I was sitting there laughing at them really. My friend kept saying they're gay, and I realized he was being serious. They're not gay just because they're dancing like nutcases, you idiot.

Thats not the best example, but I totally know what you mean Fanticon.

So ya gotta wonder why these dudes have ended up like this. Have they had a very anti-homosexual upbringing? Have they always hung around in very super-macho groups of dudes where you wouldn't dare say anything even slightly complimentary about another guy? I dunno. Either way, they harbour... I wouldn't even say homophobic. I'd just say plain immature views that verge on being totally wacky views.

kainedamo is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #30
DV8
Band Loser
 
DV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Behind Your Mom
Posts: 10,204
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

yeah . . . it does bug me when people are so blatantly homophobic . . . granted, I've been known to say that something I don't like is 'gay', but that's just a habit from saying it in high school . . .

anyway, I know that deep inside, these homophobes are only the way they are because it challenges their own beliefs and I think they are subconsciously afraid that they could become gay themselves at any moment . . . really, it's sad

I think they all need a big, gay hug

__________________
None of these are appropriate for here, your love of sex banter and penis chat is not gonna fly-Hunter Rider

avvy compliments of Duende Verde
DV8 is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #31
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!
 
Fanticon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,774
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
I've got some friends who are VERY homophobic. They turn their head if a guy kisses a guy on a movie. They won't even attempt to watch Jackass or Wildboyz. It's just a f#cking show.
I have a few friends who used to love jackass when it first came out and then stopped watching it because "they started doing all that gay s#!t"

__________________

Fanticon is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #32
kainedamo
Banned User
 
kainedamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Belfast
Posts: 9,719
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Yeah I think thats true too DV8.

The more outspokenly homophobic a guy is and the more ridiculous his statements, "you wanna meet a guy?!?", the more you gotta suspect they're harbouring homosexual feelings themselves and don't know how to deal with it.

I'd also say these guys are more likely to become rapists. Just as another way to prove to themselves they're not gay.

kainedamo is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #33
terry78
Will you shut up?!
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 75,042
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Questioning your sexuality is the biggest insult to any straight man, even if he doesn't care. If others have the slightest inkling that you may play for the other team, suddenly they look at you different. There's an area downtown Chicago called Boys Town which is more or less the gay mecca, and I do have a few gay clients that shockingly enough, need computers or IT stuff sometimes. I mention it to my cousins and they're like, "dude, you actually had to go up there with those ****? That is ****ed up." Yeah.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #34
Fledermaus
Side-Kick
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Planet Motherf**ker
Posts: 8,913
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

They think you'll become 'gay by association.' Then, so will they.

Oh, by the way. This thread is totally gay.

__________________

"The Lord provides, there may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can get a piece whenever they feel like."

- Dennis



Fledermaus is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #35
Wilhelm-Scream
Banned User
 
Wilhelm-Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: C@L
Posts: 46,309
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

The cliche is, the people who are most vocally against the concept of homosexuality are probably closeted f**s who "protest too much", like all the Boy-Lovin' Senators, etc.

But really, I've known guys where it's disturbing...you're all hanging out, and literally, Man-on-Man anal sex is their brain's "go-to" mode. They can instantly, subconsciously find a way to connect anything, ANYthing to Man-on-Man anal sex. lol

It's not even funny, like, 2 out of the 59 Gay jokes are actually funny. It's bizarre.

there was a guy like that in my Intensive Outpatient Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program's Group Therapy sessions.

Through most of it it was the counselor, me and 8 other guys.
the counselor goes, "Tonight we're gonna go over some strategies for staying sober on your own, so you don't end up back here."

And this dude goes, really loud, "They should have a program where, if you relapse, you get ****** in the *** by a big Black body builder! Then NONE of us would relapse!!! LOLOLOLOL"

And we're all, ".....mmm...anyway..."

So we keep talking, and then a guy starts "sharing" about how he went over to his friend's house, which was a challenge because he and his friend used to always drink together...and the dude goes, "Did you remember the K-Y Jelly?! LOL
I thought you were sittin' kind of funny, you wanna switch chairs, this one's softer! LOLOLOLOL"


Now we're all "....so....erm..."


So we had to "check in", talk about stuff that had happened since last we met, so my one friend in the group goes, "My girlfriend and I got in a really bad fight this weekend and I wanted to drink so ba..."

And the guy goes, "WHY?! Did she find out how you love to smoke pole?!? LOLOLOLOL"



lol, just, WHAT a sad existence, where every neuron is dedicated to finding pathways back to Man-on-Man Gay Homo-Sex. lol
Bizarre.

Like, you say you're a straight guy, but ALL you think about is Gay sex. You are obsessed, lol.

Wilhelm-Scream is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #36
Fledermaus
Side-Kick
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Planet Motherf**ker
Posts: 8,913
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

But not as gay as that rhyme.

__________________

"The Lord provides, there may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can get a piece whenever they feel like."

- Dennis



Fledermaus is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #37
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill
 
bell110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,103
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

I think it's latent homosexual tendencies. I have a guy at work, when ever me and another co-work talk about wrestling, he's like, "That's so gay. Why would you want to watch half naked men gropping each other." I just say, "You see what you want to see in it."

bell110 is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #38
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!
 
Fanticon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,774
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Questioning your sexuality is the biggest insult to any straight man, even if he doesn't care. If others have the slightest inkling that you may play for the other team, suddenly they look at you different. There's an area downtown Chicago called Boys Town which is more or less the gay mecca, and I do have a few gay clients that shockingly enough, need computers or IT stuff sometimes. I mention it to my cousins and they're like, "dude, you actually had to go up there with those ****? That is ****ed up." Yeah.
exactly...every time something like this comes up with a couple of my friends or people I work with...I feel like I've just been challenged...like I should jump in and say something else...another example...I mentioned I wanted to see a movie that was coming out because I thought so-and-so is an amazing actor...and yet the dude points out that I didn't mention the female co-star...how can your mind always be thinking like this? And never once have I thought that he was trying to be funny...he doesn't have an ounce of comedic wit in him.

__________________

Fanticon is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #39
kainedamo
Banned User
 
kainedamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Belfast
Posts: 9,719
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
I think it's latent homosexual tendencies. I have a guy at work, when ever me and another co-work talk about wrestling, he's like, "That's so gay. Why would you want to watch half naked men gropping each other." I just say, "You see what you want to see in it."
Well thats kinda different. Alot of people say wrestling is kinda gay. And it is a little gay. You'd have to be nuts not to see the gay in it. They were tiny panties and wrestle each other, fer cryin' out loud.

kainedamo is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #40
kainedamo
Banned User
 
kainedamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Belfast
Posts: 9,719
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

What you ought to do Fanticon is ask this guy if he's a closet homosexual. And bring that point up every single time he says something about gay people. Keep doing it till you piss him off, which probably won't be too hard, and then point out you think the reason he's mad about it is because he is indeed a closet homosexual.

kainedamo is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #41
terry78
Will you shut up?!
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 75,042
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Well, when it comes to certain sports, I'd rather watch women than men. Wrestling is one, I confess. Also, golfing and billiards. But only if it's asian chicks, because they are the only hot ones in those two sports.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #42
jaguarr
Be Your Own Hero
 
jaguarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In The Moment
Posts: 43,577
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

I'd agree with some of the comments that there is often some repressed latent homosexual tendencies in those who seem to make the biggest deal out of homosexuality. Especially the ones that go out of their way to bring it up so they can bash it and thereby affirm to everyone that they are a MAN who likes WOMEN with lots of bravado and chest pounding. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. I know there's a lot of men who are dead-set against homosexuality due to their religious backgrounds, but I also think there's a whole lot of repressed sexuality involved for a lot of those types as well.

If people are gay, let them be gay. It's got nothing to do with you. At all. Get a grip.

jag

__________________
Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

A VERY Basic Primer To Bodybuilding, Weight Training & Fitnesss
(2nd Edition, New And Improved!)
jaguarr is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #43
knowsbleed
Banned User
 
knowsbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,133
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarr View Post
I'd agree with some of the comments that there is often some repressed latent homosexual tendencies in those who seem to make the biggest deal out of homosexuality. Especially the ones that go out of their way to bring it up so they can bash it and thereby affirm to everyone that they are a MAN who likes WOMEN with lots of bravado and chest pounding. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. I know there's a lot of men who are dead-set against homosexuality due to their religious backgrounds, but I also think there's a whole lot of repressed sexuality involved for a lot of those types as well.

If people are gay, let them be gay. It's got nothing to do with you. At all. Get a grip.

jag
Exactly, you can tell by the nuances that they inject into their statements about homosexuals. They like to hide behind the bible and their beliefs...but it stems deeper than that.

knowsbleed is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #44
kainedamo
Banned User
 
kainedamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Belfast
Posts: 9,719
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Wasn't it two republicans this year who got caught doing some lewd stuff?

I remember hearing about a republican senator or something or other, a guy outspoken about homosexuality, being caught trying to proposition another man in a public toilet.

kainedamo is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #45
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
My mom is not a fan of the homosexual lifestyle, yet in the same breath she says they can do what they want.
i am the same way.

i don't agree with homosexuality, but whatever, it doesn't effect me, so i have no problems with people who are gay.

my dad was watching this thing on hbo a week ago or so, it was about a religious group that had protests at funerals of soldiers and stuff, and they celebrated the deaths of our troops in iraq, because america is so open with homosexuality, that this nation is going to hell, and we all deserve to die for living in a nation that accepts homosexuality.

it was rather bothersome seeing how so much hatred could be aimed towards a particular group of people, for no real reason at all really.

i mean, for all the reasons you could hate somebody - they have commited unimaginable, horrible crimes; they have personally done something against you or your family; they sell drugs and infect our children with their poison...

no, let's hate these people that we've never met, who are probably great people, just because they want to kiss the same gender.

it's absolutely ridiculous. i don't like homosexuality, but to hate a person, and judge a person, for an action that doesn't involve anybody except that person (and the person they are with) is absolutely ridiculous.

what ever happened to "judge not lest ye be judged", "love thy neighbor", and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #46
DV8
Band Loser
 
DV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Behind Your Mom
Posts: 10,204
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
i am the same way.

i don't agree with homosexuality, but whatever, it doesn't effect me, so i have no problems with people who are gay.

my dad was watching this thing on hbo a week ago or so, it was about a religious group that had protests at funerals of soldiers and stuff, and they celebrated the deaths of our troops in iraq, because america is so open with homosexuality, that this nation is going to hell, and we all deserve to die for living in a nation that accepts homosexuality.

it was rather bothersome seeing how so much hatred could be aimed towards a particular group of people, for no real reason at all really.

i mean, for all the reasons you could hate somebody - they have commited unimaginable, horrible crimes; they have personally done something against you or your family; they sell drugs and infect our children with their poison...

no, let's hate these people that we've never met, who are probably great people, just because they want to kiss the same gender.

it's absolutely ridiculous. i don't like homosexuality, but to hate a person, and judge a person, for an action that doesn't involve anybody except that person (and the person they are with) is absolutely ridiculous.

what ever happened to "judge not lest ye be judged", "love thy neighbor", and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?
I saw that too!!! I don't think it was on HBO but that's moot . . . it's that kind of ignorance in this world that makes it a ****tier place

I think it was a show called 'Most Hated Family in America'

__________________
None of these are appropriate for here, your love of sex banter and penis chat is not gonna fly-Hunter Rider

avvy compliments of Duende Verde
DV8 is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #47
The Chairman
Pimps' Main Prophet
 
The Chairman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Down in the Jackson Cage
Posts: 18,821
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

I agree. I have no problem with homosexuals or their choice of lifestyle (which really isn't even a choice). I'll admit when I was a child I was somewhat homophobic, but back then I didn't understand the lifestyle or its conditions, and nowadays I completely overlook another person's sexual preferrences.

I have a few friends who are homophobic, and my younger brother is too, and I can't stand that aspect of them. For someone to hate a person based on something as frivolous as their sexual orientation shows lack of knowledge and perhaps lack of comfort with their own sexual preferrence, as others, pointed out.

__________________
"The world better prepare, for when I'm a billionaire" - Bernie Madoff
The Chairman is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #48
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill
 
bell110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,103
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainedamo View Post
Well thats kinda different. Alot of people say wrestling is kinda gay. And it is a little gay. You'd have to be nuts not to see the gay in it. They were tiny panties and wrestle each other, fer cryin' out loud.
Then call me nuts, because I don't see anything gay with wrestling at all. Personally, I always thought that football players slapping eachother on the ass was more gay then wrestling.

bell110 is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #49
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger
 
Eggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The good ol' days
Posts: 17,341
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

I'm very comfortable with my sexuality so gay men have no impact one way or the other on me lol. I just see them as people: as long as they aren't shafting me, what does it matter?

I've got a mate who has a habit of causing awkward moments when the gayness just slips out of him from its hiding place. Now that bothers me. I don't like it when it's hidden and sneaky by someone close to me who goes home to his girlfriend and three kids after the pub.

Now that gay -- I mean guy -- is very homophobic. It says a lot. Homophobes seeing gay people is just a reminder to them of their own little secret that they are so afraid to share . . . and it annoys them because they were just starting to relax into a coma of ignorance before they were reminded of the big pink beast that is trying to get out of them.

Now I'm not saying all homophobes are this way inclined -- just a couple of extreme cases that I have witnessed give me this opinion . . . but like everything else, there can always be another reason because everyone is so different.

The same guy I mentioned always seems slightly exasperated when I tell him I've been out drinking with work; one of my colleagues is gay. Really gay. Camp as Christmas, you might say. But we always have a laugh when we're out: he's a good guy! But it baffles my other friend at how I can be relaxed and comfortable to have a good time and get drunk in the vicinity of my happy colleague.

I feel bad for him really. Something's trying to get out and it must hurt him to hold it in.

Pssss, I'm not the only one to have noticed this. But I don't think some of my other friends are able to cope with it, and would prefer for it to be left undiscovered.

So yeh, Homophinisms (coinin' it) drives me buggi. Whatever reason, it always comes back to ignorance.


__________________
HUMAN BEAN JUICE.
Eggyman is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #50
kainedamo
Banned User
 
kainedamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Belfast
Posts: 9,719
Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
Then call me nuts, because I don't see anything gay with wrestling at all. Personally, I always thought that football players slapping eachother on the ass was more gay then wrestling.
Well I'm not saying you're gay for watching it or anything. I used to enjoy watching it myself. But when people say its gay, I know where they're coming from. 'Cause those dudes are half naked half the time and all sweaty and stuff.

kainedamo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.