Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #976
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
I think people tend to forget that WB's viewpoint is that the risk of a JL/WF movie has always outweighed the benefit. They don't need a JL movie to compete with Marvel when their Batman movies already make as much/more than what Marvel puts out. What they need and want is a solid Superman franchise and a successful Batman relaunch. Everything else is disposable. WB has so many other movies in production that they really don't need to risk another Green Lantern.
Being able to keep Nolan in some capacity- WB would love that, and that would avoid another Green Lantern. And (hopefully) launch their other heroes successfully.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #977
Dark Knight
Banned User

and then this happened

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/...ustice-league/

^^^^^^
Mayimbe is hilarious.

This has been talked about for the last year at WB's among the execs. Now that good buzz has been leaking for MOS, they feel more comfortable with going all in with the Snyder and Nolan team to get the Worlds Finest and Justice League film going.

It's a no brainer really and Mayimbe made all the valid points as to WHY it is a no brainer.

Getting Bale back as Batman with Cavills Superman is the way to go.

Mayimbe mentioned how easy it would be and he is right. After his description of what could possibly happen...fanboys would be as happy as Bieber school girls and they know it. Even the Nolan haters would have a hard time hating on it.

LOL!

Last edited by Dark Knight; 03-04-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #978
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
It's just an example.
Yeah, a piss poor one. You didn't even get the name right.

Quote:
I'll make it simpler for you. You don't just say Nolan is perfect to lead the DCU films just based on the trailer.
Now I'll make it simple for you. Dude said "I never thought I would like his input on a Superman movie either, but look where we are now." which to me means "I'm excited about what I've seen of Man of Steel"

he didn't say anything about it being "perfect". But don't let that stop you from putting words into peoples mouths.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #979
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
It makes absolute sense for WB wot want Nolan back. I have no doubt they've been chasing him for the past six months. And Bale too if they can get him. It just doesn't make sense for either of them to come back. Bale doesn't need recognition or money (he's one of the top 20 highest paid actors out there right now) and Nolan never cared about money (he doesn't even own a cell phone or use email). There is really no benefit for either of them to come back except for money. But once you remove that motivation it doesn't make sense. Maybe if TDKR didn't happen, but not now.

I have heard WB's execs have wanted this for the past year....

Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #980
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I can see it now
[MoS comes out does extremely well. Comic Con rolls around and DC brings up Synder and Cavill on stage and discusses the success of MoS and the future of the franchise. Then they ask if the crowd is ready for the future of DC films. Crowd goes wild. Nolan and Bale then walk on stage. Fanboys go crazy, riot, WB decides the world isn't ready. The end of JL.]

Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #981
Poni_Boy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Being able to keep Nolan in some capacity- WB would love that, and that would avoid another Green Lantern. And (hopefully) launch their other heroes successfully.
Of course, because Nolan brings quality with him. I don't doubt for a second that they have been relentlessly pursuing him, but it's not like he's a WB stable director (like Snyder). Good money says that he'll be full on at Disney within the next five years because of his relationship with Horn. It just doesn't make sense for him to get involved with all of this. He's a producer on MOS because he wanted to be. He's a producer on the Batman reboot because of quality control (brand stabilization, like Bay/Transfomers). But what is the benefit of his doing all this extra work when he has so many other original projects he wants to do instead?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #982
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
I think Robinov and WB would bend over backwards to cater for Nolan, and how much he wants to have input in this movie. If he were to help develop the story, as he did with MOS, and WB were allowed to use his trilogy as a basis, and have his name attached, and draw in Bale through Nolan's involvement, they would be satisfied.
i can't imagine anyone who would not be satisfied with that .

Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #983
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
God forbid someone get excited over a great trailer and good buzz.
:| No that's fine, just don't go around talking like the movie is a known success and that Nolan was particularly hands on.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #984
Poni_Boy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I have heard WB's execs have wanted this for the past year....
(Again) of course they've wanted it. Would be dumb of them not to want it. The only really successful comic book properties they've had in the past decade have been Nolan's.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #985
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
:| No that's fine, just don't go around talking like the movie is a known success and that Nolan was particularly hands on.
"... or I'll get angry on the internet!"

Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #986
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
It makes absolute sense for WB wot want Nolan back. I have no doubt they've been chasing him for the past six months. And Bale too if they can get him. It just doesn't make sense for either of them to come back. Bale doesn't need recognition or money (he's one of the top 20 highest paid actors out there right now) and Nolan never cared about money (he doesn't even own a cell phone or use email). There is really no benefit for either of them to come back except for money. But once you remove that motivation it doesn't make sense. Maybe if TDKR didn't happen, but not now.
In terms of Bale coming back, guess it comes down to how much he wants to play Batman again.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #987
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Now I'll make it simple for you. Dude said "I never thought I would like his input on a Superman movie either, but look where we are now." which to me means "I'm excited about what I've seen of Man of Steel"

he didn't say anything about it being "perfect". But don't let that stop you from putting words into peoples mouths.
And where are we now? As redfirebird said, a movie we haven't seen. But according to you caution is being 'curmudgeon'.

Spill

Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #988
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
I think people tend to forget that WB's viewpoint is that the risk of a JL/WF movie has always outweighed the benefit. They don't need a JL movie to compete with Marvel when their Batman movies already make as much/more than what Marvel puts out. What they need and want is a solid Superman franchise and a successful Batman relaunch. Everything else is disposable. WB has so many other movies in production that they really don't need to risk another Green Lantern.
But we're also in a time where superhero films are making the big bucks. Where franchises are what's important now. Even WB realizes that the target audience of their superhero films are eating out of the palm of everyone's hands but theirs. In a post-Avengers world even WB knows the superhero genre hasn't reached its peak yet.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #989
Poni_Boy
Banned User

Quote:
In terms of Bale coming back, guess it comes down to how much he wants to play Batman again.
And I can't find anything that proves he's up for it without Nolan directing (and even that is iffy).

My stance on rumors and their validity is this: Are the trades running with it? And if so how soon? The trades HATE getting scooped so when they do they pick up a story as soon as humanly possible. That's why they picked up the JJ Abrams Stars Wars rumor. And the Han/Boba Fett spin-off rumor. But they didn't touch any of these recent ones from LR (Hulk, Harrison Ford, Drax) which is the clearest indicator is something is newsworthy or not.

EDIT: And not only the LR ones, they didn't touch the Yoda spin off either or any of these rumors Star Wars castings that were quickly debunked.

Last edited by Poni_Boy; 03-04-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #990
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
But according to you caution is being 'curmudgeon'.
No, but picking apart an offhand statement, and reading more into it than what is there sure as hell is.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #991
Poni_Boy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
But we're also in a time where superhero films are making the big bucks. Where franchises are what's important now. Even WB realizes that the target audience of their superhero films are eating out of the palm of everyone's hands but theirs. In a post-Avengers world even WB knows the superhero genre hasn't reached its peak yet.
Of course, but look at it this way:

WB has had two billion dollar grossing Batman movies in 5 years without relying on 3D ticketing

Marvel Studios has had one billion dollar superhero movie and that was due to 3D help

GL cost more than either of those Batman movies to make but lost WB money

A JL movie will cost around what GL cost if not more, and there's no guarantee it will make Batman money

So from a studio exec standpoint, what is worth pursuing?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #992
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
"... or I'll get angry on the internet!"
Oh Jesus Christ, what a farking copout. Are we here to have discussions or not?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #993
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Bale coming back as Batman would be the s**t!!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #994
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
Oh Jesus Christ, what a farking copout.
See? Anger.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #995
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

If Bale comes back into a WB-extended movie universe... they better fork out big bucks to bring Anne Hathaway's Catwoman back into the fold.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 03-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #996
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
bale/cavill/gosling/and yes even reynolds would be epic with an unknown for WW

i first read that as "even reynolds would be epic as an unknown WW"

true. it'll be smouldering. wonder woman better be so hot that we'll all have to put our junk in wheelchairs.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #997
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Of course, but look at it this way:

WB has had two billion dollar grossing Batman movies in 5 years without relying on 3D ticketing

Marvel Studios has had one billion dollar superhero movie and that was due to 3D help

GL cost more than either of those Batman movies to make but lost WB money

A JL movie will cost around what GL cost if not more, and there's no guarantee it will make Batman money

So from a studio exec standpoint, what is worth pursuing?
This is why it would make sense to bring in Nolan and Bale if MoS does well. A Nolan's Batman/Synder's Superman teamup film whether its WF or JL would be a hit. This is why WB would take that risk.
GL broke even which isn't a loss for WB neither was it a profit.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #998
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Considering Superman Returns had similar trailer buzz, I think caution is the right approach.
returns played off the heartstrings of nostalgia not the same

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #999
Poni_Boy
Banned User

Quote:
This is why it would make sense to bring in Nolan and Bale if MoS does well. A Nolan's Batman/Synder's Superman teamup film whether its WF or JL would be a hit. This is why WB would take that risk.
Of course, the reasoning for getting them back from a studio perspective is there. But, again, I don't see the motivation for either of them to return. they don't need the money and they don't need to popularity.

And GL did not break even by a long shot. It cost more than $300 mil to make and marketing costs were well over $100 mil (the most for any superhero movie they've done). It only made $200 mil worldwide.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #1000
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
What ElMayimbe is saying now (I just went to his Twitter page) is that Superman on his own is not enough to take on Avengers 2 and Star Wars and that is the motivation WB have for making JL. That Bale is the "box-office wingman" to help take on those franchises.

Closed Thread